What's new

VERY VERY CONTRARY OSA ANZO REACTION

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
Below is an e-mail I sent to OSA. This e-mail was also forwarded to IJC and Flag.
This is what happened in Sydney over the weekend.

24/11/10

To: OSA ANZO

Re: My son Shane Kelsey.

Information has come to hand from a witness that my son Shane has wanted to leave the RPF on more than one occasion with one of them to come and live with me. I have also been in the RPF, I know how this is dealt with – RPFs RPF and further duress with all you communication blocked to and from the outside world, essentially he is being denied leaving and held against his will or heavily coerced into staying.

Shane’s whole adolescence has been in the RPF, loosing his schooling and his childhood in what is a Rehabilitation group that essentially is hard labour. I know I was in it, in the program called the RPF. He would not have been allowed to talk to me or receive communication from me unless authorized, insane working hours, shocking living spaces, dressed in black all because the first reason given to me was “Out Hygiene” and recently “Stealing from the Canteen” maybe the kid was hungry. My point is a six plus years sentence for that, destroying his childhood and complete cut off from the world.

After recent events with Scientology policy forcing my other two children who are minors to disconnect from me, enough is enough. This abuse on my family and mistreatment of my children and the shear brutality of the RPF is no longer going to affect my family.
Make no mistake if you are unfamiliar with Shane’s history in the Sea Org you will be well advised to inform yourself before considering any action.

My life and family have been torn apart by Scientology all my children, parents and brother no longer talk to me as I am not in the cult; and with Scientology putting out a Suppresive Person declare on me that per my ex wife a copy was not given to her or me due to the legal implications of such a document, this will now end.

I am not part of Scientology therefore its policies do not apply to me.

The policies that do apply to me are the laws of the land and its full legal structure.
I want my family back and first up I am coming to collect Shane.
You have 10 days to arrange this then I am coming to collect him.
You can contact me by e-mail or call on ………….

Make sure your number is not blocked so that if the signal is bad I can call back.

Adrian Kelsey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know I gave OSA 10 days but I remembered that when I was on the RPF that it was very possible that they could ship him off to Los Angeles to finish the RPF. Past actions of the Church confirm this type of action. So I decided to not wait and just go and see my son.

This was a coordinated effort with some key people and once this was all set up I went to Sydney.

History tells us the church is not going to just hand my son over and my son is no longer a minor; as an adult he could refuse. I would not have accepted that obviously.

So I went prepared to do what ever it took.

I had protestors that I could call should I need them. The media was informed and were with me should I need them. I had gone to the Parramata Police station to inform them of my intentions and gave them some documents. The protest signs were ready in my car and I was determined to get my son.
On arrival at the base I parked near the entrance and the media car that was following me parked a little down the road.

I got out and walked straight up to the entrance and asked a lady in Sea Org uniform if they had a reception she replied yes who are you here to see. I said Shane Kelsey she then asked my name and when I told her, her face changed as if she either knew something or realized that this could get complicated. I waited outside and about 20 minutes later Shane walked out alone.
This was very unexpected but good I was a bit flustered to see him so easily. We spoke briefly and I said I wanted to be alone with him he replied we are alone now but I responded saying not here under church control. I told him I want to go for lunch, no time restraints and just us. He said he would check with his senior; he went back into the building. I then called the media saying I would probably be taking him for lunch so when you see him it’s not because he is leaving but we are going to talk. They agreed and said they would follow and be near should I need them.
Shane came out about 10 minutes later in a different shirt and said cool we can go.
I had a grin on my face, probably created by disbelief as to what was happening.

Lets face it I am an SP leaving for lunch with an RPFer, yes he is my son but this has to be a first.

My mind was racing as to how and why this was happening but I happily had my son and could get to know him for the first time without having him under duress from another cult member and finally after many years and not being separated by vast oceans living in different countries.
As we drove off I noticed he got very nervous and uncomfortable and as I looked over at him I realized I had left the Medias parking permission on the dashboard and he was probably concerned about a difficult media situation.
I basically told him I want this to be an honest and open time where we can talk to each other freely he agreed so I went on to say you see that red car following us that is the media. He responded saying he would bolt if they forced anything. I said that is fine I am telling you as I do not want distrust between us and I would not allow things to get out of hand, he relaxed and we drove out to a restaurant for lunch.
I told him I had the media with me because I would have done anything to be able to get to talk to him.
We arrived at a restaurant sat down and started talking.
We spent six hours talking. My main purpose was to get him to hear from me about my declare and why it happened, why I consider myself a critic and what was my purpose for speaking out. I tried to give him as much info that I knew he would be isolated from being in the Sea Org and more so the RPF. The restaurant table became a huge demo kit.

He has grown up in the Sea Org it is all he knows. Most of us know the life outside scientology and the life inside so it is easier for us to compare the two and decide what’s best. He only has one and that is life as a Sea Org member. For him to evaluate scio and the Sea Org he needs something to compare it to which he does not have so I tried to give him that.
I could see that he would not leave with me and I asked him a number of times if he would, but he said no. Many times or talk got a little emotional with both of us at times getting teary eyes.
He looked healthy, his teeth had all been straightened up, he looked good and he showed strong character which made me happy.
I got a call from Shane’s mother asking where we were I told her and I invited her. About an hour later she arrived and we sat down and had more coffee. She was worried that I was taking Shane and I quickly got that out of the way saying I had asked but Shane did not want to. We had a good chat the three of us and I explained in a far more condensed way why I got declared my views with regards my kids and what lay ahead for me with regards my kids in Mexico.

I do want to thank OSA on this occasion for being civil about the matter and allowing this to run smoothly. OSA you should take note of what could have happened should you have not allowed me to see him and bare this mind for future situations of this type.
It was a good call on your behalf because the media storm would have been big. You showed a degree of trust in letting him come with me and I returned it by calling off the media. Thank you

I am sure you have now been fully briefed by my son and ex wife.

So OSA you now know a bit more about me and more about where I stand with my kids not just Shane but my two kids in Mexico who as minors are under disconnection confusion.

This turn of events could spark a massive debate as to why it played out the way it did; so very, very contrary to scientology normal operating basis.

As we had inside information, did they?
Did the police call to say I was coming for Shane?
Are they in damage control?
Was Shane drilled?
Did they consider me a real threat?
Is change on the horizon?

These questions could go on and on but at the end of the day, drilled or not, the end result was good and the best it could be under the circumstances.

Points of interest in reponses from Shane to questions.
1) When asked by someone else if he knew I had been declared Shane replied no. Even though he knew and we had spoken about it already.
2) He said he went into the RPF in 2007, he would practically have been an adult. That is not true. This covers up the fact he went in as a minor. It was at least 2003 if not earlier, with out a doubt.
3) When I confronted him on his education and that he was taken out of school to do the RPF he responded no I was schooled in the church. I said a third party would not see it that way you have not completed official schooling.
At one point Shane patted himself saying see no microphones, so I did the same.

The above responses could lead me to believe he was coached as they deny or cover up what would have otherwise been interesting points for the authorities, to say the least.

Shane is strong willed at the moment and I was happy to see he had back bone and can be very determined if he wishes and has my stubbornness.

Time will tell how he goes and what happens.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is fantastic.

You have rights as a parent and the Church of Scientology is now being forced to recognize those rights.

Keep exercising them, and get others to exercise theirs as well.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Absolutely fascinating. I wish you the best luck for the future. Recently found out that my SO son is now talking to his dad a few times a month now. Whole new tack. Told his dad to tell him I said hi. Maybe they are starting to scramble a bit in the name of PR, but if it's an inroads, it's an inroads. We shall see where this all leads. Sounds like you did an amazing job.

Last edited:

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
My heart goes out to you IA. As you say, let's see how this pans out. You did good; you were brave and honest; you demonstrated your love. It is up to Shane, but seeds have been sown.

Outethicsofficer

Well done IA, completely from left field but let's give em credit... this is a change and I can acknowledge that. I doubt this change would have come about without the actions of the many here in ANZO and elsewhere, we are after all their watchdogs and will continue to be so. We are looking on.

On a personal level it is great that you have seen your son and that he is looking good, that must be quite some relief. Well done to you for sticking your neck out.
James

Happy Days

This was a good outcome IA. :thumbsup: So pleased you got to see your lad.

It would appear that all the work individuals have done over the past months, years in exposing the cult for it's abuses are having its affect.

A change in operating basis, for now at least. However, we know what the doctrines say and so this change in operating basis is unsustainable for the cult. Hubbard policies are embedded and are there to stay.

Maybe I should pay Fiona a visit in the US but first I will start with a phone call, let's see how deep the change goes. I believe it will be as shallow as a tear drop... :D

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congratulations Illegal Alien;

Step by step the Co$ is being brought back under the law. The tide has turned and many more waves will bring it all home.

Div6

Crusader
Wow! That is a surprise. I am happy for the positive outcome. I guess they must be feeling a little *heat* down under.....

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Are you in a position to go back right away? Wouldn't it be great to visit monthly/weekly? Good luck to you and your son.

Arthur Dent

IA, I'm very proud of you!
I'm so glad you got to see Shane.
Very kind of you to acknowledge osa and give them credit.
Very kind.
They couldn't have done it without you. And those like you!

osa: Good little start. You got a long way to go. Let's see a whole lot more now...

Div6

Crusader
I had to re-read this, as I thought I dreamed it. I know that "Thanksgiving" is a "Yank thing". but really, this is one of the best Thanksgiving stories I have ever read. If only OSA US would allow this type of thing....think of what it would have meant for British Mom, for example.

Please keep us posted on updates.

I do have to wonder if they were tipped though...

Outethicsofficer

I had to re-read this, as I thought I dreamed it. I know that "Thanksgiving" is a "Yank thing". but really, this is one of the best Thanksgiving stories I have ever read. If only OSA US would allow this type of thing....think of what it would have meant for British Mom, for example.

Please keep us posted on updates.

I do have to wonder if they were tipped though...

Yeah they may have gotten a good tip... change your op basis or suffer the consequences. We are watching and not always just from the outside!

James

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey, maybe this will start a trend.

Good call, OSA. See, doing the right thing isn't always the thing to avoid.

Paul

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice one, IA :thumbsup:

I'm betting they're trying a new, "gentler" approach to all of the shitstorm they have around them. And it's because of the public scrutiny they're under as well as the upcoming legislation against tax exemption that they'll have to contend with. :yes:

But I expect that they'll go back to the "old" ways soon enough and abuse people badly enough to bring more attention on them - it's part of their "sacred writings." :roflmao: