What's new

VH1 producer wishes help, needs potential ex cult members to cast in a docuseries

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Sent: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 1:46 am
Subject: Ex Scientologist

Hi there!

I'm working on a Docuseries and we are looking for people that are ex-cult members. If you happen to know anyone that is in a situation like this we would like to speak with them. We are only interested in shining a positive light and following them through the transformation process. Thanks for your time!

If you have referrals please have them submit the following ASAP:

Send Name, Age, Number & Email, Brief description of your situation & Pics

*There is pay

Kelley Allen
VH1 Casting Producer
T & I: @KellsLuvMJ
[email protected]

Call or email her soon, and tell her about anyone you think might be suitable.

She's looking for someone in their 20s, willing to do the docuseries interviewing, anyone can email or call her to see what it would entail and if they are comfortable doing it!

She's got just a few days to come up with someone.

But long range, I think it's inevitable that if someone doesn't make the cut this time for this docuseries, that in the months and years to come, it's inevitable that an ex Scientologist will pop up who is a fit for a docuseries on life transitioning back to normal, coming back out of a cult!

So, keep this woman's contact info, those of us who do referrals for media and TV and so forth.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: VH1 producer wishes help, needs potential ex cult members to cast in a docuserie

Yeh Chuck, he/she/it posted a request here as well, not a very good one at that, how well have you vetted this request?
Without decent credentials etc. such requests should be handled with an amount of trepidation for safety's sake.

Just askin', well, because, ya know, cult and all.

Re: VH1 producer wishes help, needs potential ex cult members to cast in a docuserie

.What does "shining a positive light mean in this context?"
What is the reason for the age specification.
Why the rush? Not a well planned project?

.What does "shining a positive light" mean in this context?
What is the reason for the age specification?

guanoloco

As-Wased

.What does "shining a positive light" mean in this context?
What is the reason for the age specification?

Where else have I seen a poorly planned project with a NOW! NOW! NOW! attached to it? Hmmmmm...can't quite put a thumb on it...

(That's a joke, Chuck.)

Purple Rain

Crusader

.What does "shining a positive light mean in this context?"
What is the reason for the age specification.

I also question the age specification. Why does someone have to be in their twenties to be "fit" for a docuseries on life transitioning back to normal? Isn't the real challenge of transitioning back into a normal life where people have been out of touch with the real world for thirty years or more - often with no education, qualifications or real world employment experience, no family or friends left outside of the cult and nowhere to go?

I guess that twenty-somethings just look better on the camera and make the series seem hipper perhaps?

Although I'm sure there are very real issues for people in the 20-30 demographic, particularly where they joined the Sea Org in their teens and so forth.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Where else have I seen a poorly planned project with a NOW! NOW! NOW! attached to it? Hmmmmm...can't quite put a thumb on it...

(That's a joke, Chuck.)

exactly ^^^ LOL - well, it is Thursday somewhere in the World and 2pm is approaching :whistling:

TG1

Angelic Poster

Sure. Volunteer for this -- if you want to be cannon fodder in some mediafag's project.

Last thing someone needs who's coming out of a cult is to do so on-screen and egged on by some idiots who have no fucking clue what "transformation" means or whether this mediafag project's version of "transformation" is what someone actually needs.

Stay the fuck away!

Sincerely,

TG1

Purple Rain

Crusader

Sent: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 1:46 am
Subject: Ex Scientologist

Hi there!

I'm working on a Docuseries and we are looking for people that are ex-cult members. If you happen to know anyone that is in a situation like this we would like to speak with them. We are only interested in shining a positive light and following them through the transformation process. Thanks for your time!

If you have referrals please have them submit the following ASAP:

Send Name, Age, Number & Email, Brief description of your situation & Pics

*There is pay

Kelley Allen
VH1 Casting Producer
T & I: @KellsLuvMJ
[email protected]

Call or email her soon, and tell her about anyone you think might be suitable.

She's looking for someone in their 20s, willing to do the docuseries interviewing, anyone can email or call her to see what it would entail and if they are comfortable doing it!

She's got just a few days to come up with someone.

But long range, I think it's inevitable that if someone doesn't make the cut this time for this docuseries, that in the months and years to come, it's inevitable that an ex Scientologist will pop up who is a fit for a docuseries on life transitioning back to normal, coming back out of a cult!

So, keep this woman's contact info, those of us who do referrals for media and TV and so forth.

Who is backing it? What is the name of the actual production company?

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious

Is this a modern variant of the legendary "counselor ad" seen in org windows in the 1970s and '80s?

Adam7986

Declared SP

I also question the age specification. Why does someone have to be in their twenties to be "fit" for a docuseries on life transitioning back to normal? Isn't the real challenge of transitioning back into a normal life where people have been out of touch with the real world for thirty years or more - often with no education, qualifications or real world employment experience, no family or friends left outside of the cult and nowhere to go?

I guess that twenty-somethings just look better on the camera and make the series seem hipper perhaps?

Although I'm sure there are very real issues for people in the 20-30 demographic, particularly where they joined the Sea Org in their teens and so forth.

VH1 is mainly programming for the younger generation. I think they are just trying to appeal to the age group.

Anonycat

Crusader

There's nothing about a Cult series or show coming. http://www.vh1.com/

The OP does not have a VH1 email address.

Searching the VH1 site for Cult shows both Blue Oyster Cult, and a ghost hunter type show called Celebrity Paranormal, where they go to a now abandon cult compound looking for ghosts and whatnot.

Sindy

Crusader

Sure. Volunteer for this -- if you want to be cannon fodder in some mediafag's project.

Last thing someone needs who's coming out of a cult is to do so on-screen and egged on by some idiots who have no fucking clue what "transformation" means or whether this mediafag project's version of "transformation" is what someone actually needs.

Stay the fuck away!

Sincerely,

TG1

^^^That ^^^ 1,000% ^^^

RandomCat

Patron with Honors

VH1 is mainly programming for the younger generation. I think they are just trying to appeal to the age group.
And they probably want young ex-scientologists who are also attractive... Then they'll have them share a house with some young attractive scientologists, and film all the shenanigans that ensue. :eyeroll:

TG1

Angelic Poster

And they probably want young ex-scientologists who are also attractive... Then they'll have them share a house with some young attractive scientologists, and film all the shenanigans that ensue. :eyeroll:

And script the whole thing.

Shee!

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Awe, come on now that would be a fantastic show: put some raving exes in a house with some IAS Patrons Meriterius and film the drama. Hell I'd watch that, better than Housewives of New Jersey - lol

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Awe, come on now that would be a fantastic show: put some raving exes in a house with some IAS Patrons Meriterius and film the drama. Hell I'd watch that, better than Housewives of New Jersey - lol

OMG!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Now THAT is a formula for riveting reality TV.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Yeh Chuck, he/she/it posted a request here as well, not a very good one at that, how well have you vetted this request? Without decent credentials etc. such requests should be handled with an amount of trepidation for safety's sake.

Kelley Allen is a legitimate casting director, but not employed by VH-1. When VH-1 or MTV is producing a series or documentary, they send requests out to casting directors that deal with the young adults market, who audition & submit whom they believe to be a good fit for the role VH-1 is seeking to fill. The producer at VH-1 selects the talent from the submissions from multiple casting directors/agencies.

The casting director whose talent is selected for the show gets a credit on the show & is paid a percentage. Kelley is one of many casting people submitting names to VH-1 for the proposed series. Since it is still in pre-production stages, it's not going to show up on the VH-1 website yet.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3811468/

http://eventspeakers.com/KelleyAllen/

http://kelleycasting.wix.com/kelleycasting#!

Kelley Allen
Introduce Yourself:
I'm an outgoing L.A native that is well rounded. As of now my profession is Casting for network television. I've worked as a spokesmodel for various companies as well as taught sexual education to children and adults off and on for years. I have an extended list of work experience in different fields and know a lttle bit about everything from wine to automobiles. I have no problem speaking in frot of a crowd! I've worked for such networks as MTV, TV One, BET, E!, Playboy, G4 and CBS.
Speaker Type:
All
Zip:
Address:
I'll tell you later
Degrees, Licences:
Pre-Production/Production: UCLA Entertainment Studies

Bachelor of Arts Fashion Merchandising-Brooks College

Certified Sexual Education Instructor

Certified Stylist-Fred Siegal
Speaking since:
Fees range from: