What's new

Vintage post: Some updates re: Scn Staff

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
It might be kind of cool to have a section where we could post old posts from ARS, OCMB, etc.

I ran into this post tonight. It brought back a lot of memories of people I have known.

Thought I would repost it.

Would love to hear thoughts from others who have memories connected to any of this.

Mods: Feel free to move this thread. Wasn't sure where to put it.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt....ad/f12b8314aeeba81b?hl=en&q=#281b67f413bfa811

Here are some additions to this post. Some updates about people mentioned.
I'm reposting this so I can add my comments in brackets like this -- [
].

Subject: Re: Sea Org members and the RPF
Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology
Date: 2000/05/27

Roger Gonnet wrote:

"Well, I'll add some other list, that's not RPF this time, it's a list of promoted persons, long ago. It's under yours, Warrior."

> >Warrior wrote:
> >> Recently I have had correspondence by email with an individual in
> >> which I stated that I could probably name over 100 people who were sent
> >> to the RPF in PAC. Many, many close friends of mine were erroneously
> >> labelled as "List One R/Sers". To those of you reading this who do not
> >> know, this is the same as a "suppressive person". The price these Sea
> >> Org members paid on the RPF, due to being falsely declared "SPs" is
> >> enormous.
> In article <5umc6b$...@netaxs.com>, Rod Keller <rkel...@netaxs.com> said:

> >Are you thinking of posting this list? It'd be interesting for future
> >reference, no?
Warrior wrote:

> OK. Here it is. All of the persons below were Sea Org members who were
> sent to the RPF. This list is based upon my personal recollection of events
> which occurred between 15-20 years ago while I was still in the Sea Org.
> You will not find the names below listed on a single issue (like an Ethics
> Order). The individuals listed below were Sea Org members mostly in PAC
> at the time they were ordered to the RPF. A large percentage of these people
> were sent to the RPF as supposed "List One R/Sers", although others were
> sent because of other reasons like "out-2D" behavior, for being "low OCA
> non-producers", "repeated stat crashers", etc.

Back when the "Complex" was first bought, Wayne Marple, who had been
the ED of the New York Org in 1970 or so, was assigned to head up the RPF in the PAC area. All kinds of people were Put on the RPF. It was just to have a couple of hundred people who could supply free labor to Renovate the complex. 'Why' they were put on the RPF is irrelevant. Besides, a broken meter will Show a rockslam on and off. Also, lots of auditors at that time didn't know what a rockslam looked like And called every dirty needle a rockslam. A lot of people were labeled rockslammers from those dirty needles, which was found out later. Of course, about 150 people were reprieved from the RPF as soon as the renovations were completed and they needed staff again to deliver services.

> I suppose I should make a disclaimer in the event I make a mistake or
> two. So in this regard I will say that I could be mistaken about a few of
> the individuals on this list. Anyone who feels I have erred is welcome to
> make a correction, for although I am a "Clear" and my memory is pretty
> good, it is not perfect.

> The individuals on this list were ordered to the RPF:

> 1. Barbara Adams - HCO Area Sec ASHO D -

She later married Ron Smith who was the Briefing Course
Supervisor at ASHO/D
> 2. Bella Adams - was CO Cadet Estates Org
> 3. Chuck Adams
> 4. Steve Adams - Estates Mgr ASHO D
> 5. Paulette Ausley - she's the one who did the false "L-1" labelling
> 6. Cindy Avrin - ASHO D Div 6 -

She was married to Jeff Avrin - he got some money from an inheritance so he spent a lot of money to renovate his office as Div 6 Secretary at ASHO/D. He also paid for services for himself and his wife, Cindy, who later on divorced him. They both left the Sea Org. Jeff later on became an FSM.
> 7. Patricia 'Patty' Azevedo aka Patty Grant - Patty works now at theInternational Training Org at Hollywood and Ivar Blvds. In Hollywood.
> 8. Rick Aznaran - now of Phoenix Investigations
> 9. Vicki Aznaran - was Pres RTC
> 10. Jamie Beardsley - ASHO F Div 1
> 11. Jane Bertinot - ASHO D Div 6. Jane was married to Bill Bertinot who is now the Tours Reg ASHO/Day. Jane has been out of the Sea Org for almost 20 years now.
> 12. Sherry Bird - ASHO D Div 2
> 13. John Bostrum - was Dir Income ASHO D

[Sorry, the correct spelling is "Bostrom"]
> 14. Wendy Bostrum - Letter Reg ASHO D

[Correct spelling is "Bostrom"]
> 15. Sissy Brown - Recruiter ASHO D
> 16. Kevin Bryan - HCO ASHO F
> 17. Stacy Bryan - ASHO F
> 18. David Butterworth - GO/OSA/ASHO D
> 19. Maggie Butterworth - CO ASHO D/LRH Comm/Case Supervisor. Maggie is now an HGC auditor in the AOLA NOTs unit.
> 20. Richard Byrd - Bridge Pubs
> 21. James 'Jim' Neil Chapman - was Treasury Sec ASHO D
> 22. Teresa Cintron - AOLA
> 23. Frank Clark - AOLA
> 24. Lori Coanda - ASHO D -

She used to be in charge of the switchboard. She was in a tiny room for literally years without having a vacation or any real break. She was married to Dick Coanda who was the Briefing Course Word Clearer. Dick is a well-educated college professor and they had 4 or 5 children. All of their children were in the Sea Org. One of the daughters was married to Mark Hamilton, who used to be the Briefing Course Supervisor. They had 2 children. Mark left his wife and children to marry Lisa Hamilton, who is now the Continental Liaison Office Director of Inspections and Reports. She is chiefly responsible for the current inquisition occurring in the Los Angeles
area. What she does is help arrange for kangaroo courts, interrogations and illegal suppressive person declares. Also, sometimes people are 'secretly declared.' There is a list that circulates confidentially inside the Sea Org and if a person is on the list the are not allowed to receive services at the Orgs, but they aren't officially declared. She is also responsible for Lori Coanda's daughter losing her husband, Mark. She had to leave the Sea Org to support her children. Mark is a deadbeat father who doesn't pay child
support. All of the Coanda family are now out of the Sea Org. The children are completely disillusioned about Scientology, which is the norm for 95% of these kids whose parents raised them in the Sea Org.

. Debra Convery - ASHO D/CEO
> 26. Al Crivello - was AGF AOLA
> 27. Linda Darlington - ASHO D
> 28. Shelby Davis - ASHO D
> 29. Marilyn DeWitt - ASHO F
> 30. Kathy Drayton - LRH Comm ASHO D
> 31. Cathy Dunn - CESO
> 32. Bruce Duszak - AOLA
> 33. Ben Elkington - Treas Sec Pubs - now an IAS patron
> 34. Sue Elkington - Pubs US
> 35. James X. Ellingson - ASHO D Div 2
> 36. Gary Epstein - was CO AOLA
> 37. Leslie Epstein - CO ASHO/CO AOLA/LC NW
> 38. Mitch Esterman - ASHO D Word Clearer

Mitch is the person who originally said, "If it's not fun it's not Scientology." A phrase that is repeated over and over again by many Scientologists. He's now out of the Sea Org.
> 39. Sally Esterman - CCLA - was Mitch's wife - now deceased
> 40. Richard Ferry - CESO
> 41. Doug Fiandaca - SO in PAC
> 42. Joyce Fiandaca - GO GLA
> 43. Patricia Garrett - ASHO F
> 44. Bobby Giles - Purchasing Agent for L Ron Hubbard
> 45. Claire Graef - ASHO D
> 46. Allen Grondin - Tech Sec/Chief Off ASHO D
> 47. DK Halloran - PAC SO
> 48. Elsa Hamilton - ASHO D HCO
> 49. Eddie Hansen - Cope Officer ASHO D
> 50. Jackie Harvey - SSO ASHO D

She used to be married to Max Harvey who was the C/S for ASHO/D for many years, was then the Academy C/S at Celebrity Center and later on he became the C/S at the Pasadena Org. He is currently C/Sing in the field and sometimes for Orgs. Jackie took on the personae of a motorcycle gang member and left the Sea Org.

> 51. Marty Helgeson - ASHO F
> 52. Linda Hodge - ASHO D Div 2
> 53. April Huff - Bridge/GO Finance

April Huff currently runs a nursery school in Glendale, California that mostly has Scientology kids in it.

> 54. Greg Huff - Bridge Publications
> 55. Bob Jaillet - Bridge Publications
> 56. Karen Jensen - Dir Inc ASHO F
> 57. Marty Kassowitz - PAC SO
> 58. Penny Keaton - ASHO F

Penny is no longer in the Sea Org but was FSMing (recruiting for Scientology and receiving money in exchange from the Church) a few years ago.

> 59. Anita Klock - Bridge Publications
> 60. Paul Koval - CO ASHO D
> 61. Janet Landon - ASHO F
> 62. Alan Lazar - AOLA Alan used to be the Letter Registrar. He was transferred to OSA.
> 63. Sandy Lazar - AOLA
> 64. Mickey Layne - ASHO D
> 65. Gerianne Long - Bridge Publications
> 66. Sam Loria - AOLA
> 67. David Mayo - was Snr C/S Int
> 68. Merrill Mayo - David's wife
> 69. Sherry Miljoiner - ASHO D Word Clearer

Sherry was a very good auditor. She audited for a while for AOLA. She also had been in some sort of executive capacity on the big renovation project of the Cedars complex when she was on the RPF. She left the Sea Org about 15 years ago and became a field auditor. However she was constantly harassed by IHELP (a Scientology Sea Org group that collects tithes from auditors for using Scientology tech). The Sea Org has a lot of resentment toward ex-Sea Org members who have left. They are not allowed to audit in Missions. They are often harassed when they audit in the field, particularly if they make a living out of it. They nickel and dime them until they get discouraged and stop auditing. This is sort of what happened to Sherry. Sherry works in her own business selling antiques or something.

> 70. Doug Nagy - Tours Reg ASHO D

He left the Sea Org years ago and went into business and made a lot of money and did some FSMing years ago for AOLA.

> 71. Guy Norlen - FBO NW
> 72. Jeanie Norlen - ASHO F
> 73. Renee Norton - CO ASHO F Renee Norton is still the CO of ASHO/F.

Was married to Larry Norton. They got a divorce and Larry later married a girl named Chris Robles from San Diego. They moved to Fresno, California. Chris started a mission there that was doing really well about 1995 or 96. Then Sea Org recruiters from Flag came in and cannibalized the staff members. They recruited most of her staff and left the Mission with only a skeleton crew. As a result of many missions from Flag being at her Mission the Mission collapsed. Because of that she was declared an SP because they couldn't ever admit that the Sea Org wrecked the Mission. Although Chris did do the obligatory 'conditions' and is now back in good standing, there is no Scientology Mission or Org currently in Fresno.

> 74. Ivan Obilensky - CO AOLA

Ivan was declared an SP when he was the Commanding Officer of AOLA. This was around 1986 or 87. Now with so many obviously unfair SP declares no one knows nowadays whether that was a justified SP declare. No one in the Scientology field believes SP declares any more. So many people have been declared SPs. The golden rods (all SP declares are issued on dark yellow paper) are so amateurish, with so many spelling and grammar errors and so many gross errors in simple logic that they are considered a joke by even teenage Scientologists. Sea Org members are considered to be dangerous and malicious or misguided. Recruiters have to go further and further afield to find loyal Scientologists who are outside the loop enough to believe the Scientology jingoist/victim line. Even though Scientologists don't rise up and do anything because they still think that a direct revolt would be futile, they do generally refuse to shun declared SPs, they are actively boycotting the Orgs and they especially council teenagers to go to college and to avoid joining staff.

Ivan was married to Nancy. They had 4 children. Nancy is still on staff at AOLA. She has been married to Phil Christodoulou, who is from England. He is a very good auditor but had a lot of trouble writing the sessions up. He would do half a weeks worth of auditing and never write the sessions up, so he was taken off auditing. He is also a very good chef. I think he cooks now at the Manor hotel.

Nancy has always looked very bedraggled and sad. Her children were almost abandoned by both parents. One of the children, Serge, became extremely out of control. He was running around with other Sea Org teenagers who were taking drugs and engaging in petty theft. Sasha is sort of semi-homeless. No job, no education, no prospects. When the kids were younger, Ivan left the Sea Org and completely abandoned his children. Nancy also has taken virtually no responsibility for her children. Executives in the Sea Org have looked the other way as children of Sea Org members have run amock, become juvenile delinquents, alcoholics, etc. Nancy for years has supervised the OT levels at AO. No one dares to ask how her children are. There are hundreds of Sea Org kids like this who work menial jobs because they have been handicapped by poor education inside the Sea Org, disrupted family relationships, parental irresponsibility which is fostered by the management of the Church. Indeed, Sea Org management punishes parents who try to spend time with their children. Any child who
doesn't join the Sea Org at 16 is kicked out of the Complex and is left homeless to fend for him or herself. A few years ago it was a scandal that these kids would hang around skateboarding or playing around the Complex because they had no place to go. One or 2 would have an apartment around the area of the Complex and hold parties with heavy drinking and promiscuity. Late teens and early 20 somethings would have such low self-esteem that they didn't even have relationships but would have 'fuck-buddies' -- relationships for sex only. Most of these kids hate their parents and the Sea Org including a close relative of David Miscavige. Management instead of handling these children orders security to kick them out of the Complex area. One child of a very senior RTC Executive noisily left the Sea Org, was declared suppressive and her father has completely abandoned her and refuses to take any responsibility for the relationship.

While the Church of Scientology has been putting Scientology through the Narconon Program into prisons to get people off drugs and Applied Scholastics has been putting tutoring programs and The Way to Happiness has been pushing Scientology into the society, the children of Sea Org members have been getting into drugs, poverty, illiteracy. At one time, about 10 or 12 years ago, a gang of Sea Org teenagers got out of control and were engaging in criminality, drug use and alcoholism. The Obelinsky kids were part of this group. Instead of getting the Sea Org parents to take time off to take care of their children, an order was put out to ban these kids from the Complex area. The Church is not only trying to help other groups it is grossly neglecting its own children. On top of that Management had the security guards throw these kids out. Kids whose parents were working in those buildings they were barred from! I am assigning Management the condition of Treason because of this. If they had any shred of decency they would apply Treason which is the proper condition and stop saying they know what is good for everyone else's children and for society when they have been dismal failures in raising their own kids. Because there was so much trouble from the Sea Org mishandling of child care Sea Org members currently are not allowed to have children. If they get pregnant they are pressured to have abortions. Several executives who have opposed pressure to either have abortions or to push abortions on pregnant Sea Org members have been RPFed (put in Scientology prison) for opposing abortion. The public in the L.A. area has a lot of upset about this.
The Los Angeles field gossips continually about the problems of young people whose Sea Org parents neglected them or who left the Sea Org and are now handicapped by their lack of education and life skills. For example, a very high OSA executive at the Gold Base in Hemet who is originally from Holland had 2 children who she rarely saw who were raised in a Sea Org nursery facility in Europe. The daughter and son were dissuaded from contacting the father who was a disaffected Scientologist. The daughter, Jade, continually attempts to have some sort of relationship with her mother but her mother almost always rejects her. A few years ago when Jade got married her mother failed to attend the wedding which upset Jade.
When children of Sea Org members reach 16 they have to either join the Sea Org or leave Sea Org facilities. This means that they are forced to join or they will have to live on their own often without any adult support or supervision. These kids often live together and take menial jobs because they don't have enough money to stay in school.

There is a kid named Rocky from Australia whose mother works at OSA.
The kid has been on his own since he was 16 because he refused to officially join the Sea Org. When he needed an operation he had to go to the County hospital as an indigent person and seek medical care. During this time his parents still didn't give him help or guidance.

75. Paulette Otten - SO in PAC

> 76. Richard Otten - FBO NW
> 77. David Pearson - FBO Pubs US
> 78. Nancy Phelps aka Nancy Schwartz - ASHO F/PAC SO
> 79. Alan Prager - CO ASHO D

Alan is still in the Sea Org. He now is at Flag. His wife, Ellen Prager, is the one who found that OT 5 was missing some steps. They are both highly trained, yet they both slavishly promote and accept the squirrel Golden Age of Tech.

> 80. Dawn Prager aka Dawn Granger aka Dawn Greene - Public Off/CO ASHO D
> 81. Cecilia Prefontaine - AOLA
> 82. Kari Rask - FR NW
> 83. Rosan Rich - Dir Inc Pubs US
> 84. Sue Richeson - BSO ASHO D
> 85. Barbara Rubio - was ordered but refused to report; was Snr C/S ASHO D

She left the Sea Org in the mid-1990s. As a public, when the Golden Age of Tech came out she refused to do it, so they put out a public Golden Rod issue on her threatening to declare her suppressive if she didn't handle her 'out-ethics.' She went back in so that she wouldn't be declared and somehow was persuaded to re-join the Sea Org. She eventually did do the Golden Age of Tech, although from reports she was scowling the whole time. But then again, Barbara has rarely ever smiled. I was shocked when she became Senior C/S at ASHO/D at the time the Briefing Course had 700 students on it and Barbara was doing it she used to chew gum and also play the tapes at high speeds to get through the course faster. An issue came out later on condemning this called something like "L. Ron Hubbard is not Mickey Mouse." Barbara Rubio cared about her auditors and was always nice, although she is now probably being sucked into the Inquisition as Management gets more and more cruel.

> 86. Mike Rubio - ASHO D HCO/Flag/FOLO WUS

Mike Rubio used to be on staff at the New York Org in the 1970s. He was married to Susan Rubio. They both did the FEBC back then. Susan became the ED of the the NY Day Org and was very ruthless and cruel. Staff members who wanted to leave to do OT levels or go because their contract was finished were forced to remain on staff or be declared. She was in charge when 'crush regging' was going on. Many, many people on staff hated Susan and left staff because of her. Before she was the Executive Director she was married to Mike Rubio and was having an affair at the same time with Ken Krieger. Ken did a lot of crush regging. Susan is tall and blonde and good looking. Ken is also handsome – Robert Redford type. Mike Rubio was also handsome. I don’t think they did a threesome, Susan would just alternate – have sex with one, then the next night with the other. It was the ‘70s – free love era. Ken later became a very high up executive in Scientology senior management, he and Susan got married and Susan was at one time on the Board of Directors of the C of S or the RTC. Ken was also way up there ‘beyond the rainbow’ as they used to say. Mike Rubio left the Sea Org and now films depositions for lawyers for a living. He lives in Glendale, CA.

> 87. Don Saito - Address Off ASHO D
> 88. Elaine Savitsky - TTC ASHO D
> 89. Vic Scelza - FOLOWUS
> 90. Bobby Schaffner - ASHO F HCO/Address Off - now dead
> 91. Ken Shapiro - Body Reg/ SHSBC Sup ASHO D

Ken was one of the best Tours Registrars at one time and really expanded ASHO/D. He was sent to the RPF for unknown reasons -- probably unjustly. This ARCX the field because everybody liked him. When Sea Org management tries to crush and destroy the spirit of people like Ken it really ARCXs the field and makes people less willing to go into Orgs.

> 92. Candace 'Candy' Sias - Pubs US
> 93. Paul Sias - Pubs USS
> 94. Michael Silverman - AOLA Registrar

Mike Silverman resurrected the use of 'postulate checks' - people writing personal checks for large sums of money when they didn't have the money in the bank. He also (along with other Registrars) trained people on how to obtain large numbers of credit cards. The way you do this is to apply for 5 or 6 credit cards all in the same day. That way you can hoodwink the banks into giving you credit cards when they normally wouldn't if they feel you have too much credit extended to you.

In order to control things, Mike and other Reges, especially the Flag Reges, would allow their pet FSMs to steal selectees from less well known FSMs. This has caused many, many flaps and much bitterness.
These FSMs are referred to as 'shark FSMs' in the field. They are forever on the Briefing Course but they never complete. The sharks include Mitch Televi, Pat Parody and the worst, worst sharks: Wendy Ettricks and Joanne Schnitzer. They just blatantly steal FSM commissions. The Sea Org loves them. They are on the same wavelength. They both have been on the Briefing Course for 15 years but they are only trolling for fresh meat. They suck up to rich people in a really disgusting way.

As a result of years of financial irregularities a lot of people declared bankruptcy and this created a major public relations flap between the Church and several credit card companies to the point where a person couldn't pay for Scientology services with certain credit card companies. This was such a big problem that the Church had to pay restitution to some credit card companies. Over the years phone registrars have called up people who have advanced payments on their accounts to ask them to take that money and use it to buy books to be placed in public libraries, etc. Of course, the libraries accept these books with a smile, but usually don't even put them on their shelves and later sell them for 25 cents or 50 cents with the plastic wrap still on them. It's usually library policy to
only place books on the shelves that are in high demand. Scientology books generally get zero circulation, so they come off the shelves quickly and are either thrown away or sold for a few cents. But the bigger scandal about this is that this is a way for the Church to get rid of those advanced payment monies. It has been found that often ASHO phone solicitors are lying and have been transferring money from peoples' accounts for advanced payments to books when they never gave permission. You see, staff members get a commission on each book sold and some unethical staff have been depleting monies people have on their accounts without the person's permission. ASHO has extremely psycho accounting records and it is therefore unwise to give them any money in advance. What happens eventually is the Org staff are unhappy when older Scientologists come in because they are afraid that their financial crimes will be found out by these people who want to use the money that they think is still in their accounts. So the staff is sort of repelling the public because the public 'misses their witholds' - almost finds out about their crimes. Mike and Ruthie Silverman (now Ruthie Discher) at one time were married. Ruthie is still a Reg at ASHO. But does anyone know what happened to their very troubled son, David? When he was a teenager Ruthie was broken hearted about the fact that she was not able to give him the time and attention he needed when he was doing poorly in school and becoming a truant and getting into trouble. David would probably be about 40 years old now.

> 95. Pat Silverman - AOLA Div 6
> 96. Bill Skrifvars - HCO Area Sec ASHO D

Bill is currently the Course Supervisor for the Briefing Course.
> 97. Karen Spencer - FBO ASHO D
> 98. Larry Spencer - FBO ASHO D
> 99. Sheila Stankey - AOLA
> 100. Andre Tabayoyon - AOLA
> 101. Mary Tabayoyon - AOLA
> 102. Leslie Thompson - Dissem Sec/CO ASHO D
> 103. Ralph Toddhunter - ASHO F - wife Susan died of cancer
> 104. Bob Toftness - TTC ASHO D

Bob used to be the Class 8 supervisor at ASHO/D. She used to be married to Michal, an Israeli Scientologist who used to be the MAA at ASHO/D. They left the Sea Org and now have a day care center in the Wilshire district of L.A. About 10 years ago he went to proselytize Scn in India and was successful. Because the Sea Org hates ex-Sea Org members, they refused to acknowledge the work he did to open up India for Scientology and instead they gave the credit to Trey Lotz. Bob stayed there for about a year. Trey was only there for a short time. Sea Org executives made Bob agree not to talk about his experiences. Bob was very sad about all this. They have 4 kids and are still in good standing.

According to reports Michal was a very decent ethics officer with common sense -- unlike the current whacko Heidi. Heidi takes ethics to an utterly surreal level of bizarreness. One Scientology person named Susan Hanasab has made a career out of being parasitic on certain field auditors. She promises to increase their business and does nothing but cause them trouble. One field auditor had a Chaplain cycle with Heidi. Of course, at ASHO the field auditor ALWAYS loses. Naturally, Susan, who was really in a condition of criminal exchange with the auditor came out victorious in this showdown. Logic did not prevail, common sense was non-existent, only illogic exists in this Through the Looking Glass org. Another example, Heidihas been known to say to an employee who writes a Knowledge Reportabout an out-ethics businessman like Richie Acunta or Reed Slatkin, "Oh,you can't write a KR on him! He's OT 7!" And she rips up the KR!!

> 105. Ruthie Weissberg - PES ASHO D -- See the story about her under Mike Silverman.
> 106. Carol Woodruff - AOLA
> 107. Craig Wright - ASHO D Tech Div
> 108. Suzanne Wright - Pubs US
> 109. Stacy Young - RVY's wife
> 110. Anne Zanier - FOLO WUS
> 111. Loren Zanier - CESO

> For every person I have named, there is another person whose face > I can recall but whose name I cannot, who was on the RPF. Sad...Makes> me angry.

> Warrior

[Now here's Roger's post of May 27, 2000, with my comments added in brackets:]
SEA ORGANISATION
FLAG ORDER 3476 - 5 12 July 1975

PROMOTIONS
OFFICER'S SÉLECTION BOARD
2ND QUARTER 75

LT. (JG) NIKKI MERWIN is promoted to LIEUTENANT (RA).
MSM. LAUREL WATSON is restored in rank to LIEUTENANT (P).

[Became Laurel Sullivan, LRH Pers PRO and later MCCS.]

ENS. KERRY GLEESON is promoted to LIEUTENANT (P).
ENS. LINDA HOLLING is promoted to LIEUTENANT (jg) (P).
ENS. SAM LORIA is promoted ta LIEUTENANT (jg) (P).

[I knew him when he was staff at AOLA.]

W/O. SUSAN WALKER is promoted to ENSIGN (P).
W/O JON HORWICH is restored in rank to ENSIGN (P).
W/O VAL SMITH is promoted to ENSIGN (P) .

[Didn't she marry Joe Lisa?]

MSM. LIZ GABLEHOUSE is restored in rank to ENSIGN (P) .

{Liz was an LRH Pers PRO or some such similar post.]

AB. RICK MERWIN is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P) .
MSM. DAWN PRAGER is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P).

[I knew her when she held the posts of Public Officer ASHO Day, Commanding Officer ASHO Day, and then Safe Environment Fund staff. She was married to Alan Prager, ASHO Day Supercargo in 1975. They later divorced; Dawn married Peter Green, and Alan married Ellen Rockwell, a Case Supervisor at ASHO Day.]

MSM. LIZ ADAMS is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P) .
MSM. JOHN ALLCOCK is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P).
MSM. JOHN BELLMAINE is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P).
MSM. MICHAEL MADIAS is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P) .
MSM. STEVE STEVENS is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P).
MSM. JOHN PAUL WOOTEN is promoted to WARRANT OFFICER (P) .

CPO. WENDELL REYNOLDS ... MIDSHIPMAN (P).

[Still in the Sea Org after all these years.]

CPO. RON ANDERSON ... MIDSHIPMAN (P).
CPO. BERNIE HAAS... MIDSHIPMAN (P).
CPO. BARBARA HAAS... MIDSHIPMAN (P).
CPO. MEREDITH THOMAS... MIDSHIPMAN (P).
CPO. GRACE CAMPLEMAN... MIDSHIPMAN (P).
CPO. NATHAN EPSTEIN...MIDSHIPMAN (P).

[Does anyone know if this is the same guy as the one-time Commanding Officer AOLA, Gary Epstein?]

CPO. CHUCK ADAMS... MIDSHIPMAN (P).

[I knew him in PAC; he was married to Bella Adams.]

CPO. VALÉRIE MAZZAFERRI...MIDSHIPMAN (P).
PO1. PAT HUNTER... MIDSHIPMAN (P).

[Anyone know if Hunter is the maiden name of Pat Silverman?]

PO2. PRISCILLA GUN... MIDSHIPMAN (P).
PO3. CHRIS SPEER...MIDSHIPMAN (P).

PO1. BELLA ADAMS is prcmoted ta CPO (ADMIN).
(Correction of promotion to PO2 on FO 3476-4.)

[Chuck's wife; she has held many, many posts including Commanding Officer Cadet Org and CMO PAC Messenger.]

PO1. JULIE HOUSTON ... CPO (TECH).
PO1. SOLVEIG TUCKER ...CPO (ADMIN).
PO1. TOM LYNCH ... CPO (DECK).
PO1. BARBARA PRICE ... CPO (ADMIN).
PO2. KARL WHITCHER ...CPO (ENGR).
PO2. LARRY NORTON ... CPO (ADMIN).

[When I first met Larry (in 1975) he was Supercargo for ASHO Foundation. His wife, Renee Norton, was a registrar at ASHO Fdn in 1975. I understand Renee is once again Commanding Officer ASHO Foundation, a post she held back in the mid-70s. Larry and Renee were close personal friends of Bob and Louise Ealy during the mid-70s and early-80s.]

PO2. FRAN BOUGHTON ...CPO (ADMIN).

[Al Boughton's wife.]
Al Boughton is a very good guy -- he is still on staff at ASHO/F as the Briefing Course Supervisor.

PO2. BRUCE RIGNEY ... CPO (ADMIN).

[He left the Sea Org; he started a graphics business, and he used to do lots of the layout of ASHO Day's promotional pieces. He's still in Scientology.]

PO3. TOM COCHRANE ... CPO (ADMIN).
PO3. MAXINE COCHRANE ... CPO (TECH).
PO3. PAT BUTCHER ... CPO (ADMIN).
PO3. PHIL STANNARD ... CPO (ADMIN).
PO3. SHAREEN STUART ... CPO (ADMIN).
PO3. PHILIP J. SEIFLEIN ... CPO (TECH).

[I knew him because he was a friend of a very good friend of mine -- Patricia Marlene Burger. You can find info on Phil in connection with the Gray Moss Inn. Phil was president of Verona Properties.]

PO3. CHRIS MANY ... CPO (ADMIN).

[I was acquainted with him and his wife, Nancy, as well as one of Chris' very best friends, Geoff Levin.]

PO3. HAL HOLMES ... CPO (ADMIN).

AB. MAGGIE BUTTERWORTH CPO (ADMIN).

[She held many posts over the years, including Commanding Officer ASHO Day and LRH Communicator ASHO Day, and LRH Comm. International. She is married to David Butterworth.]

AB JIM VANNIER ... CPO (ADMIN).
AB. PER GARDSTROM ... CPO (ADMIN).
AB. JIM BALDWIN... CPO (ADMIN).

[Jim was Lynn Baldwin's husband. I didn't know him well.]

AB. SHERRY RITTEMHOUSE... CPO (ADMIN).
AB. DOTTIE WINEREY... CPO (ADMIN).

[I believe this should be "Winfrey".]

AB. BILL YAUDE... CPO (ADMIN).
Bill Yaude was auditing Yvonne Jentzsche, the founder of Celebrity Center when she died of cancer. He was declared SP or RPFed because of this. He has been declared a number of times but he always comes
back.

Yvonne Jentzsche used to be married to Peter Gilham, who now owns a vitamin supply company. She later on married Heber Jentzsche. She was very much liked by the public in the '70s and '80s. She and Quentin Hubbard used to tour around the U.S. giving lectures and Yvonne would do group processing which everyone really liked. She used to be acknowledged as founder of the Celebrity Centers, but the current management doesn't acknowledge her.

[Heh heh. Hi, Bill, you sporger and man of a thousand phony names! Seems Bill has an unhandled "valence" problem. I wonder if Bill has audited out all his "BTs" yet!! Ha ha.]

AB. BOB VEACH... CPO (ADMIN).
Bob Veach, who had been a Sea Org auditor and Case Supervisor in the Sea Org for over 20 years at AOLA and was a kind and wonderful person, objected when a Sea Org issue came down eliminating family time. Bob was one of the best auditors and C/Ses that AO ever had. What happened after that was some trumped up charges were issued against Bob, he had a Comm. Ev. and was declared SP. He left the Sea Org with his wife and children. He did eventually get back in good standing but he keeps a very low profile. Once in a while you see his wife's name in promo for the Foothills Mission that is located near Glendale, California.

This is reminiscent of what happened to Rocky Stump, hands down the most fantastic training Case Supervisor that Scientology ever had. He was destroyed by Hana Eltringham Whitfield who lied about him and basically ruined his career as a Scientologist back in the late 70s.

AB. LEE MORGAN... CPO (ADMIN).
AB. LESLIE EPSTEIN... CPO (ADMIN).

[I met her first when she was staff at AOLA. She has held many posts too, including Commanding Officer ASHO Day and LRH Communicator. She's married to Jonathan 'Jono' Epstein, the FBO Reserves guy.]

PO2. GARY BEISDORF ... PO1 (ADMIN).
(Correction of promotion to PO2 on FO 3476-4.)
PO2. CHRISTINE WIGNEY ... PO1 (TECH).

[I believe this should be "Rigney", not "Wigney".]

PO3. PAUL DAVIS ... PO1 (DECK).
PO3 DAVID BEALE ... PO1 (ADMIN).
PO3. SHERRY MILJONER ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[I knew Sherry because she was Staff Hatting Officer ASHO Day. Some staff used to call her "the chunk" behind her back, due to her obesity.]

PO3. BO JANSSON ... PO1 (ADMIN).
AB. FRED SWARTZ ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[I first met him when he was married to Gretchen and held the post of Flag Service Consultant Western US.]

AB. STEPHEN DIDATO ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[He was LRH Communicator at ASHO circa 1975. His name appears on at
least one of my certificates.]

AB. JIM STEIBERG ... PO1 (ADMIN).
AB. DAVID MCCARTHY ... PO1 (ADMIN).
David died a few years ago. He left staff and then died a few years
later -- about 3 years ago.
AB. JULIE E. ROACH ... PO1 (ADMIN).
AB. LAURA FEELEY ... PO1 (ADMIN).
AB. RICHARD DIDCOATE ... PO1 (ADMIN).
AB. ROBERTA L. WOOD ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[Is this really a different person than the Roberta J. Wood listed below?]

AB. BEN ELKINTON ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[He was Purser (Treasury Secretary) at Publications Org US. I think Ben had the hots for Pubs Org staff lady Cindy Byersley; he used to call
her "Boobersley" due to her large bustline. Ben's name comes up on a
search of IAS Patrons.]

AB. MIKE GRAU ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[Mike was the Director of Inspections and Reports ASHO Day (head of Department Three - Department of Inspections and Reports, which handles "ethics matters"). I was told two years ago by a former Sea Org member who
also knew Mike, that Mike had gone blind as a result of an explosion while looking for gold in Nevada.]

AB. HAROLD SIMS ... PO1 (ADMIN).

[Harold and his wife, Nicole, were staff at AOLA when I first met them.]

Harold could be an extremely mean, nasty supervisor when he was supervising advanced courses at AOLA. He was often a psycho disciplinarian. For a while in the early '80s he mellowed out and was very, very nice. But in the 90s he was a jackass. Rumor (not substantiated) has it that he left the Sea Org and died of AIDS. Nicole Sims divorced Harold a long time ago. She left the Sea Org, too.

PO3. YVONNE PRESS ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[Skip Press' wife?]

PO3. ARTHUR L. CUSWORTH ... PO2 (ADMIN).
PO3. BITTY BLYTHE ... PO2 (ADMIN).
PO3. DICK HUBBARD ... PO2 (ADMIN).
PO3. BOB RIGGS ... PO2 (ADMIN).
PO3. MIKE RINDER ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[Hi, Mike!]

PO3. GARY PRESS ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[Is this the same guy as Skip Press?]

PO3. KARL LIPTON ... PO2 (TECH).
AB. PAM FISHER ... PO2 (TECH).
AB. ERIC IRGENS ... PO2 (TECH).
AB. BILL RYAN ... PO2 (ADMIN).
AB. JACQUELINE HEDGES ... PO2 (TECH).

[Does anyone know if this is the lady who married Sam Loria?]

AB. JEANETTE ALLCOCK ... PO2 (ENGR).
AB. BILL PUNNELL ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[This is a typo on someone's part. The correct spelling is "Funnell". Bill was ASHO Fdn Sea Org staff who was married to Holly Funnell. Holly was a Div II "backlines" staff member (in the Letter Registration Section).]

AB. STEVEN K. THOMPSON ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[Steve was a Sea Org member at ASHO Day and was posted in Division II. He married Leslie Thompson. Leslie has held many posts at ASHO Day, including Dissemination Secretary, Supercargo and Commanding Officer.]

AB. ERNIE RYAN ... PO2 (ADMIN).
AB. JEAN KINZINGEP ... PO2 (ADMIN).
AB. LARRY PRICE ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[Larry was the guy who wrote the issue "Cadet Org/Cadet Estates Org Establishment Eval". He was staff in PAC at the time.]

AB. DAVID G. WWAITE ... PO2 (ADMIN).
AB. JIM ELLINGTON ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[The correct spelling is "Ellingson"; he's the only guy I ever knew who had the middle name of just an initial -- 'X'. Jim had the misfortune of having been assigned "Treason" by the Assistant Guardian ASHO Day (Richard Deere) for *jaywalking*. This is mentioned in the Aides Order "The End of Cautiousness Eval.]

Jim was married to Barbara Ellingson. She was one of the best auditors ever at ASHO/D. They were both very upstat yet Jim was sent to the RPF. They are both now out of the Sea Org and have some sort of sales jobs.

AB. GLEN BALENTINE ... PO2 (ADMIN).

[Glen was USGO Invest staff.]
Is this Glen Balentine or Brad Ballentine. Brad was a very, very nice, sane person who worked for the G.O. in the 70s. He was very short - about 5 feet 1 or 2. Good looking.

AB. ROY ANDERSON ... PO2 (ADMIN).
AB. PATRICE ANDREU ... PO3 (ENGR).
AB. ROBERTA JUNE WOOD ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[I think this lady was the Chaplain at AOLA. I could be wrong.]

AB. MIKE RUBIO ... PO3 (TECH).
[I didn't know Mike back in 1975 because he was, I believe, Flag staff. He must have been married to Cathy before his marriage to Barbara Benjamin. Barbara had been married to Frank Benjamin, a registrar at ASHO Day. As an aside, Mike's picture was included in an issue of the Parade (a Sunday supplement to the Austin American-Statesman) a few years ago, as part of the cover story on how much money various American make.]

AB. CATHY RUBIO ... PO3 (ADMIN).
Cathy Rubio married Mike Rubio after he divorced Susan Rubio Krieger.
AB. MICHAEL LUCERO ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[Mike was a Sea Org recruiter posted at ASHO Foundation.]

AB. RON NOE ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[He was ASHO Foundation staff, if I recall correctly. I was only
acquainted with him.]

AB. SUSANNA LEE ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[I believe she was a registrar at ASHO Foundation in 1975, along with Bob Ealy, Carl Thompson and Renee Norton.]

AB. SHELDON MOUSELL ... PO3 (ENGR).
AB. BRIAN MADDEN ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[Brian was Address Officer ASHO Foundation.]

AB. WALTER FREY ... PO3 (ADMIN).
AB. STEVE GRANT ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[This guy recruited me into the Sea Org at ASHO Day. He was Sea Org staff (Recruiter) at ASHO Day in 1975-76. His senior was Jack Dirmann, HCO Area Secretary ASHO Day.]

AB. ELAINE SANITSKY ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[The correct spelling is "Savitsky". She was a Sea Org member at ASHO Day and was posted in the Tech Division. She was later ordered to the RPF. The order, published as an "Ethics Order ASHI Day" said she had "gone out 2-D with a psychiatrist while on her annual 3-week leave". (I have no idea whether this allegation was factual.) While on the RPF she formed a close relationship with my former boss, James 'Jim' Neal Chapman. They later blew the Sea Org together. Good choice!]

AB. LAURA MARLOWE ... PO3 (ADMIN).
AB. BRIAN GRAY ... PO3 (ADMIN).
AB. BOB SHAFFNER ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[The correct spelling is "Schaffner". I worked with him in the Computer room at AOLA in 1983. Prior to that he was on the RPF, and prior to that he was an Ethics Officer at ASHO Foundation. He married Cindy Konieczky and had one child, Cara. After his divorce from Cindy, I understand he married Janice Mead.] Everybody liked Bob. He was one of the few really sane ethics officers. I think he died when a car ran into him while he was riding his
bicycle.

AB. LAURA FOWLER ... PO3 (ADMIN).
AB. HARRY PASKIEWICZ ... PO3 (ADMIN).

[I knew Harry when he was Dir Comm USGO; he also worked part-time in the mid-70s at Optimum Press, which was owned by Scientologist
Bob Mills.] Harry is no longer in the Sea Org. Also his sisters Barbara Springer andTeresa Weber are also out of the Sea Org.
It is noted that 20 Sea Org Members of the 53 listed in FO 3476-4 (lst Quarter 75) as not being Able Bodied Seamen but otherwise qualified have since completed their AB requirements and have been duly promoted. The remaining 33 are urged to complete and submit applications for 25 Sept
OSB Meeting.

Following is this quarter's list of Sea Org Members who met all requirements
for promotion except for their Able Bodied Seaman's Certificate (requirement
for promotion,. FO 3325, 3 May 73) and will be duly promoted upon presentation with evidence of having done so to the OSB Flag before
the next OSB Quarterly Meeting on 25 September, 75.

BOB GEORGIUS.

[Kitty's husband?]

COLIN GREEN.
HELEN KORENGOLD.
ELIZABETH J. BUENO.

[I believe 'Beth' was staff at FOLO WUS or CESO. I'm not sure which, but in any event, she was Sea Org staff *somewhere* in PAC.] Beth is no longer in the Sea Org.

JOE BUENO.

[Joe was a Sea Org member at Cedars Estates Service Org when I first met him. He was married to Elizabeth 'Beth' Bueno, also a Sea Org member.] Joe is still on staff. He's the Reg at the LA Org.

KIM HOLT.
ENID BYRNE.
Enid Byrne had been a Reg at AOLA for about 20 years. She recently
died of throat cancer. A memorial service was held for her at the
AOLA atrium. 600 people came.

[Enid is a long-time Sea Org member who is (or was, at least) married to James Byrne. Enid was a registrar at AOLA. She even managed to talk me into paying some money onto account at AOLA for my "upper levels".]

FAUNA HUGHES.
ANNIE MURPHY.

[Annie was a registrar at ASHO Day in 1975-76. She was "offloaded" as a "Potential Trouble Source".]

SARAH STRASSER.

[Sarah was AOLA staff when I first met her. I believe she was married to Billy Strasser, who was Chief Officer ASHO Day in 1975. Billy later married a lady named Jenny. I have seen Billy's name recently on a list of completions. He is at least a Class VII, OT VII trained on the Apollo.]

Sarah Strasser was the Senior C/S at AOLA back in 1975-76. She was very mean and cruel. She was arrogant and if her stats were Down she would scapegoat people to keep herself out of trouble. If there Was some flap over a preclear or Pre-OT and someone from Flag wanted to investigate She would make sure that the folder would disappear forever. She left the Sea Org and became the manager of the Shaw Health Center. She was declared Suppressive but stayed working at Shaw and told them that she would sue them if They fired her. It was very weird. Oh – she married Eric Urgens so at this period Of time she was known as Sarah Urgens.

NICK A. REISS.
BOB MITHOFF.
SUE RAWLINGS MUSTARD.

[Sue was the Class VIII Course Supervisor at ASHO Day in the mid-70s. She was married to John Mustard, who was Manufacturing Secretary at Publications Org US. After leaving the Sea Org, Sue Rawlings took a job as manager of the Shangri-Lodge apartments across the street from Celebrity Center in Hollywood. Sue has two daughters who are also Scientologists: Kelly and Wendy.]

ROBERT S. EALY.

[I knew Bob pretty well. He was a registrar at ASHO Foundation when I first met him in 1975. He was married to Louise Ealy, who at that time,
was Supercargo ASHO Foundation. Bob was sent to the Guardian Office World Wide for finance training in the late 70s. Shortly after his return to LA, he and his then wife, Louise Ealy left the Sea Org. I have several personal letters from Louise from the days when they lived in Homeland, California, not far from Hemet. Sadly, Bob and Louise are divorced now.]

GRETCHEN WEDOW.

[I believe this is the lady who married Fred Schwartz.]

JOHN T. WARNES.
JO ANNE CLARK.

[She was married to Frank Clark, a fellow Sea Org member at AOLA.]

KENNETH H. GARY.
DAN FEELEY.
VICTOR FAZIO.

[I knew Vic when he was Director of Income USGO.]

INGEBORG STEINBERG.

[Ingeborg was a Flag Evaluator. Her name may be seen as author of the Aides Order "The End of Cautiousness Eval" regarding ASHO Day.]

Officer's Selection Board Flag
Chairman: Capt. W.B. Robertson (RA)

[This is Captain Bill Robertson. I first met him circa 1976 at ASHO.]

Secretary: Cmdr. Joan Robertson (RA)

[This is Bill's wife at the time.]

Member: Lt. Allen Buchanan

[I believe he was Commodore's Staff Aide for Division One - HCO.]

Approved by
L. Ron HUBBARD
COMMODORE
LRH:WBR:JR:AB:nt

[Corrections to my comments are welcomed. God knows after 27 years
memories do *sometimes* tend to fade.]

Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
http://warrior.offlines.org

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
THANK YOU-

That was GREAT--real news--I knew a handful from when I as on the 'shsbc' at asho during 1973-1974.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yvonne Jentzsche used to be married to Peter Gilham, who now owns a vitamin supply company. She later on married Heber Jentzsche. She was very much liked by the public in the '70s and '80s. She and Quentin Hubbard used to tour around the U.S. giving lectures and Yvonne would do group processing which everyone really liked. She used to be acknowledged as founder of the Celebrity Centers, but the current management doesn't acknowledge her.

The name that stands out for me is Yvonne.I knew her, she was a very nice lady,but no matter how hard I try to convince myself, the bottom line is she let her daughter and myself be punished by allowing us to be held in the hold of the Apollo.We had to make amends for being 1/2 an hour late and talking to Greek boys.Greek boys who could hardly understand one word of English and yet we were thought to be a security risk. I remember looking at the deck the whole time I was being grilled because I thought this guy has to be mad.I don't remember who it was, just that I could not believe what I was hearing.You know like when you think "Is it me or is it them?" and I thought It is definitely THEM (the Sea Org).

Peter Gillham Snr has obviously been in a long time. He left the ship quite early on, I think he went back to Australia to promote some org or something, not sure.

Peter Gillham Jnr Helped me see I was right in what I was thinking.I am forever greatful.

74. Ivan Obilensky - CO AOLA

Ivan was declared an SP when he was the Commanding Officer of AOLA. This was around 1986 or 87. Now with so many obviously unfair SP declares no one knows nowadays whether that was a justified SP declare. No one in the Scientology field believes SP declares any more. So many people have been declared SPs. The golden rods (all SP declares are issued on dark yellow paper) are so amateurish, with so many spelling and grammar errors and so many gross errors in simple logic that they are considered a joke by even teenage Scientologists. Sea Org members are considered to be dangerous and malicious or misguided. Recruiters have to go further and further afield to find loyal Scientologists who are outside the loop enough to believe the Scientology jingoist/victim line. Even though Scientologists don't rise up and do anything because they still think that a direct revolt would be futile, they do generally refuse to shun declared SPs, they are actively boycotting the Orgs and they especially council teenagers to go to college and to avoid joining staff.

Ivan was married to Nancy. They had 4 children. Nancy is still on staff at AOLA. She has been married to Phil Christodoulou, who is from England. He is a very good auditor but had a lot of trouble writing the sessions up. He would do half a weeks worth of auditing and never write the sessions up, so he was taken off auditing. He is also a very good chef. I think he cooks now at the Manor hotel.

Nancy has always looked very bedraggled and sad. Her children were almost abandoned by both parents. One of the children, Serge, became extremely out of control. He was running around with other Sea Org teenagers who were taking drugs and engaging in petty theft. Sasha is sort of semi-homeless. No job, no education, no prospects. When the kids were younger, Ivan left the Sea Org and completely abandoned his children. Nancy also has taken virtually no responsibility for her children. Executives in the Sea Org have looked the other way as children of Sea Org members have run amock, become juvenile delinquents, alcoholics, etc. Nancy for years has supervised the OT levels at AO. No one dares to ask how her children are. There are hundreds of Sea Org kids like this who work menial jobs because they have been handicapped by poor education inside the Sea Org, disrupted family relationships, parental irresponsibility which is fostered by the management of the Church. Indeed, Sea Org management punishes parents who try to spend time with their children. Any child who
doesn't join the Sea Org at 16 is kicked out of the Complex and is left homeless to fend for him or herself. A few years ago it was a scandal that these kids would hang around skateboarding or playing around the Complex because they had no place to go. One or 2 would have an apartment around the area of the Complex and hold parties with heavy drinking and promiscuity. Late teens and early 20 somethings would have such low self-esteem that they didn't even have relationships but would have 'fuck-buddies' -- relationships for sex only. Most of these kids hate their parents and the Sea Org including a close relative of David Miscavige. Management instead of handling these children orders security to kick them out of the Complex area. One child of a very senior RTC Executive noisily left the Sea Org, was declared suppressive and her father has completely abandoned her and refuses to take any responsibility for the relationship.

While the Church of Scientology has been putting Scientology through the Narconon Program into prisons to get people off drugs and Applied Scholastics has been putting tutoring programs and The Way to Happiness has been pushing Scientology into the society, the children of Sea Org members have been getting into drugs, poverty, illiteracy. At one time, about 10 or 12 years ago, a gang of Sea Org teenagers got out of control and were engaging in criminality, drug use and alcoholism. The Obelinsky kids were part of this group. Instead of getting the Sea Org parents to take time off to take care of their children, an order was put out to ban these kids from the Complex area. The Church is not only trying to help other groups it is grossly neglecting its own children. On top of that Management had the security guards throw these kids out. Kids whose parents were working in those buildings they were barred from! I am assigning Management the condition of Treason because of this. If they had any shred of decency they would apply Treason which is the proper condition and stop saying they know what is good for everyone else's children and for society when they have been dismal failures in raising their own kids. Because there was so much trouble from the Sea Org mishandling of child care Sea Org members currently are not allowed to have children. If they get pregnant they are pressured to have abortions. Several executives who have opposed pressure to either have abortions or to push abortions on pregnant Sea Org members have been RPFed (put in Scientology prison) for opposing abortion. The public in the L.A. area has a lot of upset about this.
The Los Angeles field gossips continually about the problems of young people whose Sea Org parents neglected them or who left the Sea Org and are now handicapped by their lack of education and life skills. For example, a very high OSA executive at the Gold Base in Hemet who is originally from Holland had 2 children who she rarely saw who were raised in a Sea Org nursery facility in Europe. The daughter and son were dissuaded from contacting the father who was a disaffected Scientologist. The daughter, Jade, continually attempts to have some sort of relationship with her mother but her mother almost always rejects her. A few years ago when Jade got married her mother failed to attend the wedding which upset Jade.
When children of Sea Org members reach 16 they have to either join the Sea Org or leave Sea Org facilities. This means that they are forced to join or they will have to live on their own often without any adult support or supervision. These kids often live together and take menial jobs because they don't have enough money to stay in school.

There is a kid named Rocky from Australia whose mother works at OSA.
The kid has been on his own since he was 16 because he refused to officially join the Sea Org. When he needed an operation he had to go to the County hospital as an indigent person and seek medical care. During this time his parents still didn't give him help or guidance.

I was once asked by a prominent critic "were you part of a gang?" and I thought "WHAT"? Sometime later, I read the above and thought "Good God,we were all thrown to the wolves, left to fend for ourselves.I even wondered if it was some kind of experiment? To see if we really were "adults in little bodies?"

L. Ron Hubbard, YOU get the fuck back here and explain yourself, because what YOU and now David Miscavidge promote is Treason. Treason against every man, woman and every child that had something to do with Scientology. We can NOT let YOU continue into the future.

This is child abuse.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
91. Ken Shapiro - Body Reg/ SHSBC Sup ASHO D

Ken was one of the best Tours Registrars at one time and really expanded ASHO/D. He was sent to the RPF for unknown reasons -- probably unjustly. This ARCX the field because everybody liked him. When Sea Org management tries to crush and destroy the spirit of people like Ken it really ARCXs the field and makes people less willing to go into Orgs.
Is this the same Ken Shapiro?
http://www.silverwoodproperties.net/testimonials.asp
He sent me an email about real estate. He has never sent me an email before and I don't know him. Which, I'm thinking, means he got my email address from other Scientologists in real estate that I do know...

tessa

Patron
Some updates re:Scn Staff

Yes is the same Ken Shapiro!And it looks almost the same as 25 years ago!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember seeing him on the rpf and he looked pretty embarrassed. Can't blame him. So looking at the site one would assume he's out - of the SO at least. Good for him.

airhead

Patron with Honors

Great post, Lulu Belle -- just wanted to correct one thing:

The mother of the four Obelinsky children was Debbie Obelinsky, who used to work in CLO WUS. Debbie was as good a mother as she could be, being in the Sea Org and all that. She loved those kids.

Sadly, Debbie had a stroke and eventually died some time in the late 80's or the 90's.

I don't know who Nancy is, or what her relationship to the children was.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes is the same Ken Shapiro!And it looks almost the same as 25 years ago!
Thanks!
I remember seeing him on the rpf and he looked pretty embarrassed. Can't blame him. So looking at the site one would assume he's out - of the SO at least. Good for him.
Glad he's out of the SO, but he has borrowed a trick from Scn and got my name from someone else's "CF" and I'm on his mailing list now! :grouch:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Great post, Lulu Belle -- just wanted to correct one thing:

The mother of the four Obelinsky children was Debbie Obelinsky, who used to work in CLO WUS. Debbie was as good a mother as she could be, being in the Sea Org and all that. She loved those kids.

Sadly, Debbie had a stroke and eventually died some time in the late 80's or the 90's.

I don't know who Nancy is, or what her relationship to the children was.

Actually, Nancy is the mother of Serge, Yuri and Sasha.

Ivan divorced Nancy and married Debbie in the early 80s. Debbie at the time was married to Darcy Hollingsworth and pregnant with his child. If I recall correctly, the girl she had was named Angel. Debbie and Ivan raised the 4 kids, so it may have appeared that she was the mother of all of them, but she wasn't.

One thing I remember is that Ivan got out of his marriage with Nancy by having it annulled. There must have been some technicality when they got married to begin with. Ivan came from money and probably was able to hire a lawyer to push this through. Nancy was enraged about this; said Ivan made her children "bastards" by doing this.

I remember when Debbie had her stroke. Ivan had already left her. He blew with Allison Andrus, who had previously been the FBO AOLA. Debbie was posted at CC Int at the time.

I'm sorry to hear she died. She was still alive when I left in the mid 90s. I didn't know that.

airhead

Patron with Honors
Actually, Nancy is the mother of Serge, Yuri and Sasha.

Ivan divorced Nancy and married Debbie in the early 80s. Debbie at the time was married to Darcy Hollingsworth and pregnant with his child. If I recall correctly, the girl she had was named Angel. Debbie and Ivan raised the 4 kids, so it may have appeared that she was the mother of all of them, but she wasn't.

One thing I remember is that Ivan got out of his marriage with Nancy by having it annulled. There must have been some technicality when they got married to begin with. Ivan came from money and probably was able to hire a lawyer to push this through. Nancy was enraged about this; said Ivan made her children "bastards" by doing this.

I remember when Debbie had her stroke. Ivan had already left her. He blew with Allison Andrus, who had previously been the FBO AOLA. Debbie was posted at CC Int at the time.

I'm sorry to hear she died. She was still alive when I left in the mid 90s. I didn't know that.

I NEVER KNEW!!! (And thanks for informing me!)

I worked with Debbie for almost a year on two different posts, and she was a wonderful person, and she really cared about those kids. So much so, that I always thought they were hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh:

Wow.

Yeah, I was really sad to hear about Debbie. :bigcry:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I NEVER KNEW!!! (And thanks for informing me!)

I worked with Debbie for almost a year on two different posts, and she was a wonderful person, and she really cared about those kids. So much so, that I always thought they were hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh:

Wow.

Yeah, I was really sad to hear about Debbie. :bigcry:

I think that Debbie got a lot of auditing about the Ivan thing. It was a very, very public incident when he blew with Allison.

I think that she was gotten to a point where she was totally "cool" to the degree that she could be about it.

I remember running into her at an event and touching on the subject, and she was totally blase about it.

I was impressed.

But...she had a stroke.

In her thirties.

My guess is that, no matter how well she seemed to have handled it on the outside, she internalized a lot of it.

HolyCow

Patron with Honors
I think that Debbie got a lot of auditing about the Ivan thing. It was a very, very public incident when he blew with Allison.

I think that she was gotten to a point where she was totally "cool" to the degree that she could be about it.

I remember running into her at an event and touching on the subject, and she was totally blase about it.

I was impressed.

But...she had a stroke.

In her thirties.

My guess is that, no matter how well she seemed to have handled it on the outside, she internalized a lot of it.

to LuluBelle: saw something on your post that made me laugh at first. Then realized how crummy false data has continued over the decades. Would like to PM if possible; would like to have some things corrected. Doesn't have to do withDebbie/Ivan thing. thanks

HolyCow

Patron with Honors
Wow quite a list, Lulubelle. What should be known: This was when David Miscarriage took over. RPF muster roll called off: Someone asked, "Who in hell is running PAC now?!" anyone who was anyone was now in rpf.

Don't know if any of us knew what was going on, other than just "thinking bad thoughts" about management was "enough". Hey, isn't that like "minority report?"

What I found funny was your obsure notation about Cindy and Jeff Avrin in the otherwise droll notations. Knew them and many others. And Jane Bertinot married Alan Grondin.
Bill Bertinot her ex. All musicians, songrwriters, formerly known as happy people. They were fun and good people.

Jeff got a small inheritance only because his wife somehow discovered an obscure account that his mom had deposited to kidnap and deprogram him. Isn't that something? And ASHO was dilapidated, so they painted the office and got a few desks, no big deal. They spent the money on bridge, actually. This, of course, made them a target in the new "management".

I personally know that his wife had a sudden, serious body thing going on, and was rpf'd for not showing to post, even though she literally couldnt get up/walk, doctor's notes, etc. Their money gone by then, Jeff tried to sell me "stuff" just to get $ for medical.

While it's a small notation in your list, just wanted you to know that it struck me odd that it was inserted, especially since it was so scewed and distorted, and well, not ture. Overall, Just think others should know that this era was the beginning of the end. Also, just too sad, to know the few that remained and those who passed. We all know they died due to abuse and neglect.

Leland

Crusader
I've asked before....about Ivan. He was still CO of AOLA in 1987....or abouts. I recall he showed up at PAC Base one day, driving a 1968 or so Vintage, cream puff, blue Corvette Stingray.....I believe a convertible. (an expensive car).....

Then I heard a rumor he had been caught embezzling aroung $30,000. and was told he had been sent to Int Base....(in jail there)

Anyone fill in the blanks on this rumor?

Where is he today?

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
He is out of the Sea Org but not out of Scientology. In fact, he participated in some pretty nasty activities against Chuck Beatty. Maybe you know this already?

I didn't know about any activities against Chuck. He did show up at the XSO group board at one time and I got the idea he was on some sort of amends project or something.

Hopefully it is just part of the unwinding process after leaving the SO. It takes a lot of time for those that were in for a long time, and Ken was in for a very long time.