What's new

Visitor steals $5K Electropsychometer from Church of Scientology

AnonKat

Crusader
St. Paul police:Visitor steals $5K Electropsychometer from Church of Scientology
By Richard Chin
[email protected]

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_24241997/st-paul-police-visitor-steals-5k-electropsychometer-from

The Church of Scientology in downtown St. Paul was the victim of a theft of a device worth $5,000, according to St. Paul police.

A security guard at the church at 505 N. Wabasha St. was showing a man around the building at 3:30 a.m. Thursday, and later discovered that an "electrometer" valued at $5,000 was missing, according to St. Paul police spokesman Sgt. Paul Paulos.

A spokesman for the church could not be reached Friday. The Scientology.org website says an Electropsychometer or E-Meter is a religious artifact used to measure the spiritual state or change of state of a person.

Richard Chin can be reached at 651-228-5560. Follow him at twitter.com/RRChin.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Re: St. Paul police: Visitor steals $5K Electropsychometer from Church of Scientology

^^ An emeter is claimed to be worth $5000 and someone actually thought it was valuable enough to steal?! Crikey, they're getting desperate if they're actually putting in insurance claims for something that costs, what, $80 to make? :duh:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Re: St. Paul police: Visitor steals $5K Electropsychometer from Church of Scientology

Wonder if it was someone who works there and thought they could blame it on someone else?

Someone who couldn't afford one.

shadow

Patron with Honors

"A security guard at the church at 505 N. Wabasha St. was showing a man around the building at 3:30 a.m. Thursday..."

Is it normal for security guards to show people around at 3:30 AM?:confused2:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

"A security guard at the church at 505 N. Wabasha St. was showing a man around the building at 3:30 a.m. Thursday..."

I smell the makings of a conspiracy...........

AnonKat

Crusader

To read it again damn , look at the seargeants name, Or am I getting tinfoil, Had to be 2:30 AM actually if it was a stat push.

alsoo this:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...opens-in-downtown-st-paul.95267/#post-2365670

Osiris

Patron with Honors

wait till he tries to sell it ...... & finds out no-one wants one ...... & worse it is worth nothing ..... :laugh: :hysterical:

AnonKat

Crusader

wait till he tries to sell it ...... & finds out no-one wants one ...... & worse it is worth nothing ..... :laugh: :hysterical:

I really want one, A bunch of Anons want one too

[video=youtube;_YCoqYyQXqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCoqYyQXqc[/video]

different clip(still looks simular)

[video=youtube;BIHdC1GxHoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHdC1GxHoQ[/video]

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

^^ An emeter is claimed to be worth $5000 and someone actually thought it was valuable enough to steal?! Crikey, they're getting desperate if they're actually putting in insurance claims for something that costs, what, $80 to make? :duh:

Your judgment is based on too little information. Your estimation would be correct for the electronics and a cheap plastic case, but what if it was a luxury-version with platinum-electrodes and a beautifully carved hardwood case? You're also ignoring that big needle thingy with the diamond-bearings. That stuff is expensive and hard to find these days. So, $400 would be a more correct .... ugh... evaluation? Estimation?

Ugh, I hate English vocabulary. :biggrin:

Anonycat

Crusader

[snipped to reduce space]

We got about 6 full boxes of sci crap back in 2008, including two Mk V e-meters. Someone just wanted it the hell out of their house, and posted on Craigslist. Anon swooped down and got it. I think 2 or 3 split it up. For all I know, it's back in the FREE listings.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

[video=youtube;_YCoqYyQXqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCoqYyQXqc[/video]

[video=youtube;BIHdC1GxHoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHdC1GxHoQ[/video]

I would have gladly given Anon. mine but it got smashed with a sledge hammer and is in pieces at the local land fill!! :yes:

AnonKat

Crusader

I would have gladly given Anon. mine but it got smashed with a sledge hammer and is in pieces at the local land fill!! :yes:

LOL Good for you, there are some on E-bay I saw, Mark VI around 250 to 300 euros and Mark VII around 500 euros, even a Volney Mathison on there and a left handed E-meter as well as a pink one

I really like that 1959 E-meter booklet onthere. I am into Vintage stuff

Anonycat

Crusader

LOL Good for you, there are some on E-bay I saw, Mark VI around 250 to 300 euros and Mark VII around 500 euros, even a Volney Mathison on there and a left handed E-meter as well as a pink one

I really like that 1959 E-meter booklet onthere. I am into Vintage stuff

So - nothing in Hello Kitty e-meters then? Pink?

AnonKat

Crusader

So - nothing in Hello Kitty e-meters then? Pink?

Maybe Karen is selling hers ?

$%28KGrHqV,!pEFHo9%28-GhzBS!BI-uBSw~~60_12.JPG

And do lefties get more seck-checks in Scientology?

$T2eC16h,!zgFIdg%29M3bsBSLSz3m1Gg~~60_12.JPG

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Help me to understand??

Security guard was apparently showing a 'now to be thought of possible thief of said emeter?', around the building at 3:30am ?

Are orgs now taking late night (morning) visitors? Pretty darn elaborate plan to file 5K insurance claim...and keeping in mind that at least $1K of the cost are shiny soup cans

wow- that's purdy desperate.