Vote on Oz Inquiry deferred till Feb, but time is our friend.

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi Zhent, your form letter is a little different from the earlier ones, in that it includes an additional section, being "should the senate conduct an inquiry into the application of certain Commonwealth laws to the Church of Scientology, the Australian government may consider the resulting report".

This is very interesting in that it could be interpreted to indicate that the government is now allowing for the possibility or even probability, of there being a Senate Inquiry.

With the current attack by scientology on the Daughters of St. Paul in Italy and the Leader of the Opposition, Tony Abbott being a former Roman Catholic monk, the probability could be, perhaps, approaching a certainty.

Just a thought.

Regards, David.

"should the senate conduct an inquiry into the application of certain Commonwealth laws to the Church of Scientology, the Australian government may consider the resulting report".

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just got this today

"Ilett, Annie (Sen I. Macdonald)" <[email protected]>

Thank you for your email about Scientology.

I am not aware that Senator Xenophon has yet formalised his proposal for a Senate Inquiry.

Should the issue be raised in debate I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write to me.

Yours sincerely

Ian Macdonald

------------------------

I will thank them.

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Yep, it's a form letter. We got it too. I read it as basically "we're covering our asses as far as political correctness goes". :D

They sent me not one, but two of those bollocky form letters. Basically, "we don't give a shit what Joe Blow thinks." :ohmy::angry: