What's new

Wait, the Dalai Lama endorses Scientology front group The Way to Happiness???

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
George André Morin

I can not find any "historical" articles by George André Morin. He is employed in Forestry.
One book about the End of the Roman Empire. So much for Lone Star's sources.
GAM claims about Tibet being part of China are also (extremely) easy to disprove.

"Under what circumstances have you been to China?" . George André Morin: "From 1993 to 2004, I went seven times, privately, as a tourist"

http://translate.google.com.au/tran...dr-morin-ce-quil-pense-de-la.html&prev=search

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
I withdrew the post after seeing now that I was relying on innacurate sources.

There was no clever ploy or agenda on my part, just an incorrect understanding and ignorance.

But as is often the case, some ESMBers like Mystic automatically assume "ploys" and "conspiracies". Sometimes people just fuck up.

But hey, agendas and ploys and conspiracies are sexy and exciting. I get it.

EDIT: I failed to mention that I also posted too quickly before checking the sources, something I usually do. So it was also laziness on my part.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: + Dalai Lama

According to Morin, Schaefer and Harrer participated in a German expedition to Tibet as part of the Ahnenerbe SS project to research the origins of the Aryan race. The solar symbol of the swastika on the Nazi flag was inspired by the swastikas of Tibetan monasteries.[/I]

Shows how ignorant you are Lone Star ! Swastika (image) rotates in a clockwise direction, the Nazi 'felfoot' goes in the opposite direction.
The swastika was also understood as the symbol of the creating, effecting life. Sacred through out India and Asia, not just Tibet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Society

The crooked cross was also a Christian symbol. About 70 years ago the German airforce were trying to destroy all the factories in Coventry but made the mistake of destroying the old Cathedral. About the only thing left in the burned out shell was a bronze statue of the Bishop who had the cathedral built. On his Mitre you can still clearly see the 'swastikas'. I can't tell you which go left or right, but they are identical otherwise. Of course that could be proof that the Nazis had time travel, or it could just be that the symbol is very old which would be the simplest explanation.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/si/2407098661/

Mystic

Crusader

There was no clever ploy or agenda on my part, just an incorrect understanding and ignorance.

But as is often the case, many ESMBers like Mystic automatically assume "ploys"and "conspiracies". Sometimes people just fuck up.

Ploys and ploys

like baby toys.

Conspire and conspear

and babble in yer beer.

Burma Shave

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cab someone 'poon His Holiness and see if he agreed to this?

And while you are at it, poon Uncle Sam too:

[video]http://www.lermanet.com/getinvolved.htm[/video]

Scan of an actual postcard mailed out by $cientology
in this case was to my mother...

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

Yep, I suspected something like that. Assuming that you are really you (and you, and you, and you), your ancient clay table scriptures, of which I have studied many in secrecy and seclusion in my villain cave on a giant screen, they don't reek of a hate monger and sinister opinion leader. Just a tiny little bit. :biggrin:

But as is often the case, many ESMBers like Mystic automatically assume "ploys"and "conspiracies".

Nothing against conspiracies! I ALWAYS assume a conspiracy when there's something phony and disinformed sounding. The conspiracy of the proletariat! And sometimes of rich psychopaths and their minions, 'k, 'k. :biggrin:

Sometimes people just fuck up.

Says the sockpuppet of the sockpuppet's fourth multiple personality's sockpuppet account? "Forgotten passwords"? "Nuked passwords"? "Tried to get rid of my [STRIKE]catnip[/STRIKE] ESMB addiction"? "My bipolar cockatoo ate that post-it"? I DON'T THINK SO! :omg: :nervous: :p

Barf! As sexy as syphilis.
uglygaga.gif

But, okay, I promise to attend to your pitiful MEST ploys and agendas accordingly, when I'm finished with mine.

jumpin_ugly.gif

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Thomas Sheridan?

Don't like the quoted opinion above at all.

Is this the same Thomas Sheridan?

http://www.sott.net/article/249840-...hy-Expert-The-Con-Artistry-of-Thomas-Sheridan

I guess it is. Don't actually know that much about him, Thomas Sheridan. I've withdrawn the post and am going to refrain posting on this thread for now. I need to do more homework on the DL and Tibetan Buddhism. Unless I lose interest. Highly possible of that happening.

EDIT: Yes Claire that is him, the same Sheridan. I'll read it later when I have the time. Again, I don't know much about him.

Last edited:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: the Dalai Lama

Tibetan Buddhism gave rise to this shithead. It's got some seriously wonky shit in it, which the current Dalai Llama is not often questioned about, nor does he mention it. Perhaps it's his own version of Cafeteria Catholicism? :coolwink:

Baron Ungern von Sternberg's philosophy was an exceptionally muddled mixture of Russian nationalism with Chinese and Mongol beliefs. His traditionalism and orientalism, quite atypical for Western culture at that time, contributed to his reputation as the "Mad Baron". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg

This 1921, how is Dalai Lama who is born 1935 responsible for the Barons actions ??

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: the Dalai Lama

Baron Ungern von Sternberg's philosophy was an exceptionally muddled mixture of Russian nationalism with Chinese and Mongol beliefs. His traditionalism and orientalism, quite atypical for Western culture at that time, contributed to his reputation as the "Mad Baron". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg

This 1921, how is Dalai Lama who is born 1935 responsible for the Barons actions ???

The tradition he represents was, in part. One of the central rituals of Tibetan Buddhism involves the celebration of the assassination of a King who favored the indigenous religion. There is a violence to the temple statuary in Tibet and Mongolia that is more extreme than in other regions of the East. Ungern-Sternberg's violence did not step into a void in that tradition, it exploited what was already there.

Since the early 1900s, Buddhist monastic intellectuals such as Walpola Rahula, D. T. Suzuki, and Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, have labored to raise Western awareness of their cultures and traditions. In doing so, they presented specific aspects of their Buddhist traditions while leaving out others. These Buddhist monks were not alone in this portrayal of Buddhism.

Not to say that there are not peaceful portions of the Tibetan tradition, as there are in Judaisim, Christianity and Islam. But leaving out Deuteronomy and Leviticus and the sacking of Canaan in the former two and talking only about the Sermon on the Mount or the Psalms does not explain the virulence of the Religious Right in the US, nor does leaving out the martial traditions in Tibetan Buddhism explain how they were able to exist as an independent Kingdom in the violent region of Central Asia for so long.

Veda

Sponsor
Wait, the Dalai Lama endorses Scientology front group The Way to Happiness???

Mike Rinder: Here They Go Again
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/here-they-go-again/

As always, please go to Mike's blog for his analysis and the analysis of his commentators.

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Wow, it didn't take long for this to change topic from corporate Scientology co-opting the Dalai Lama to what a scam bag the Dalai Lama is and what vile sack of pus Tibetan Buddhism is.

[video=youtube;kb0VCLOvBTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb0VCLOvBTQ[/video]

Leonard Cohen reading from the Tibetan Book of the Dead

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I think Buddhism is awesome. But people will be people. Brad Warner, in his writings, refers to some sexual misconduct in some circles.

Thinv is, if one's talking re Scn, one can find lots of intrinsically abusive and greedy policy and other references built into the ology itself. Buddhism? No, I don't think so.

BTW, the Dalai Lan thinks he may be the last of 'em due to the Chinese gov't's propensity fo r appointing their own lamas.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
"The Dalai Lama had plenty of opportunity to find out about the military machinery of the Nazi regime; as a child he was under the tutelage of Heinrich Harrer – a former sergeant in the SS, Hitler’s most loyal soldiers – who for some years in Tibet before the Chinese occupation taught the young Dalai Lama about the outside world. Heinrich Harrer enjoyed the fame his book Seven Years in Tibet gave him but concealed his Nazi past.

I'll just bring some insight here - not an opinion, but info about buddhist lama who are bodhissatva + make a differenciation bettween the Dalai-Lama , his mission and vows vs the Dalai-Lama office (agenda, politics, image)

The Dalai-Lama office was, at that time, a governemental entity and run the current politics and governing in Tibet.
The Dalai-Lama didn't run politics in tibet as he was not experienced enough (too young).
There has been corruption around him, to sell Tibet to China. This is why it became dangerous.
Thus he was brought out of tibet in 1959 (if my recall is correct) despite he didn't want to leave and didn't get , at the time, the real danger it was for him and his entourage. (plot to kill him)

The ''mission'' of a Bodhissatva is to heal the suffering , to help people who suffer
A bodhissatva never look at a person as a criminal or any categorisation, but as someone suffering who has the desire and seed withim him\her for enlightment. Their vows is to reincarnate on earth, not going into any heaven realm or buddha realm, and take on all the suffering till there is none living entitity who had not attained it's buddhahodd nature

In other words, If he would have encounter LRH, he may had spend time with him, as well as David Miscavige, and try to take a load of their suffering on him - touch their heart through an encountering on a soul to soul basis - nothing of interest in the politics, opinions, the wrong doings in the past.

You can take it as a load of shit, but this is how it works with them.

An anecdote to illustrate,
I already have been ask to teach meditation basics to the most dangerous psychopaths in my country. One prison here for them. They are well known for the atrocity of their crimes (Charles Mansons's style)

The Monk teacher considered them simply as suffering human beings, same than you and me, being who wish to be their true nature without suffering.
I myself considered them as psychopaths and refused this mission. Thus, nobody , at that time, got there to teach them meditation as ,a colleague and me couldn't see them otherwise than dangerous criminals and malignant narcissists. A bodhissatva wouldn't refuse, but spend time with them and would bring them compassion and a chance to find their path

And, as Tom Cruise would say, I met them all :hysterical:

I met , few on a personnal basic, or encounter several of them, including the Dalai-Lama and I know, in my heart, when I encounter a pure heart and he is truly a pure heart. Not a perfect human though, I disagree with him on some points, but he intends good for others.
He doesn't considers himself as a Holy Dalai-lama, only as a normal human being.

So, if it is true he met nazis, there might be many other reason for this than what may appear at the surface, an exploited as an agreement with the Nazis mission and conduct. He would not met people for their aninterest about their belonging to any groups.

For a religious purpose, the dalai-lama would met with any human being who wish, either the psychopath murderer or the King. But, The audiences have always been decided\appointed by his entourage.

It can be confused with the 2 roles he held for decades (religious - political) which is not the case anymore. He only remains a religious figure.

I wish it can be of help to understand these people mindset concerning their fellow human beings and the absence of categorizatio or labelling in their mind like good or bad!

* I am sorry for my bad phrasing , Had seen old daddy in the nursing home today and can't put my though and grammar well together!

Last edited: