What's new

Waiver Freewinds wants me to sign.

freemefree

Patron with Honors
I have been email the ship to try and get so $ back. The LRH Communicator sent me this waiver.

Church Of Scientology

Flag Ship Service Organization Inc.

Release and Waiver

……………………..

1. I, ……………………, no longer in agreement with the aims and teachings of the Church of Scientology, have requested a repayment of donations I have made to the Church of Scientology Flag Ship Service Organization (FSSO) and Majestic Cruise Lines, a division of the FSSO.

2. In exchange for and on receipt of payment of $ ………. I, …………………….., release and waive all claims for damages, injuries or losses sustained of any kind or nature, whether known or unknown which I may have from the beginning of time up to and including this day against the Church of Scientology FSSO and Majestic Cruise Lines; its officers, trustees, agents, representatives, servants, employees, volunteers, directors, predecessors, successors, licensees, licensors, assigns, and beneficiaries; and for each individual, his successors, representatives, assigns, beneficiaries, executors and administrators

3. I am waiving the provisions of California Civil Section 1542 which provides “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”

4. I understand that this release and waiver signifies settlement of disputed claims and does not constitute an admission by any of the released parties of any wrongdoing and that each released party expressly deny the validity of such claims.

5. I am in full understanding that I may not again obtain spiritual counseling or training from any Church of Scientology or other Scientology organization and that this document is notification of my expulsion from the Church of Scientology International. I further understand that such expulsion is not without recourse, such recourse being initiated by an act of contrition and I am fully informed as to what this recourse entails.

6. I acknowledge and affirm that I have carefully read this release and waiver and that I sign it of my own free will without any duress from the released parties or anyone else.

7. I acknowledge and affirm that I am not under the influence of any drug, narcotic, alcohol or other mind-influencing substance, condition or ailment such that my ability to fully understand the meaning of this release and waiver and the significance thereof would be adversely affected.

8. In the event any provision hereof be unenforceable, such provision shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision hereof.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the California law and, if different, under the law of the state and country in which I am located that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed this ______day of ____________ (month and year) in …………, ………(country)

Date:_____________ Witness:_______________________

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Don't sign that. :duh:

Re-write it. Sign your rewritten version.

1. I am in full agreement with the Scientology teaching that a man has the inalienable right to think freely, talk freely, etc.

2. I am fully aware that blue asbestos, the type floating around the Freewinds, is 100x more carcinogenic than ordinary asbestos.

3. I relinquish none of my rights, nor do I expect others to do so.

4. I agree that if Scientology delivered on its promises, there would be no need to give me my money back.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
DON'T
SIGN IT!!!!!

YOU HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO SIGN ANYTHINGOTHER THAN A RECEIPT WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE REPAYMENT. THAT MONEY IS YOURS, NOT THEIRS. THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR MYRIAD OF OVERT AND COVERT CONTROL MECHANISMS TO MAKE YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND NOT SUE THEM FOR WRONGDOINGS.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I signed that form to get my money back. It does NOT have to be notarized, so it may not be a legal document since only "a witness" is attesting that you signed it. My hubby "witnessed" my signature and I "witnessed" his.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
3. I am waiving the provisions of California Civil Section 1542 which provides “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”

Since the Ship is not registered in the State of California, I don't think this Document is valid. What does the State of California have to do with the ship? :confused2:

Of you people saying not to sign the doc, how many of you have actually gotten or asked for a repayment?????

Like I said, I signed the Doc and I'm still here. I knew I'd never sue the CofS since I don't care to spend the rest of my life suing them. And the way I understand the doc, that's all you're saying, is that you'll never sue them.

BSBuster

Patron
<snip>
Of you people saying not to sign the doc, how many of you have actually gotten or asked for a repayment?????

Like I said, I signed the Doc and I'm still here. I knew I'd never sue the CofS since I don't care to spend the rest of my life suing them. And the way I understand the doc, that's all you're saying, is that you'll never sue them.

I signed, got my repay back. I, like you knew I had no energy or desire to ever sue COS so I didnt care and signed.

Div6

Crusader
Since the Ship is not registered in the State of California, I don't think this Document is valid. What does the State of California have to do with the ship? :confused2:

IANAL, but the following is essentially saying that if, in the future, you are found to be ill and dying from exposure to blue asbestos (for example) you have waived your rights for legal recourse. And also, since we (the CoS) know that we are playing a corporate shell game, you are waiving your specific extended rights in California to sue us as well, should some lawyer ultimately pierce our corporate veil.

And notice the added OUT-EXCHANGE. You gave them money for a service. They did not deliver the service, so you want the $ back. They are saying that you will also give them a waiver (with no added consideration to you for this) just to get your money back. You could always counter that offer and say no, you give me my money back, if you want something else, in addition from me then you will have to give something in return. But again, I am not a lawyer.

2. In exchange for and on receipt of payment of $ ………. I, …………………….., release and waive all claims for damages, injuries or losses sustained of any kind or nature, whether known or unknown which I may have from the beginning of time up to and including this day against the Church of Scientology FSSO and Majestic Cruise Lines; its officers, trustees, agents, representatives, servants, employees, volunteers, directors, predecessors, successors, licensees, licensors, assigns, and beneficiaries; and for each individual, his successors, representatives, assigns, beneficiaries, executors and administrators

So if all you want is the cash, sign it. If you have future health concerns, consult an attorney. As I recall, the LRH Policies on refunds only state that you understand you are no longer eligible for training or processing...but I could be wrong about that too.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
I'd sign the dang thing. Who cares? One, it is basically being signed under duress (to get your money back). I don't think it is valid (they just want you to think it is valid perhaps). Also, realistically, are you EVER going to sue them? Even if you had asbestos cancer only your lawyer would make money - it might cover your medical bills (if you won thee biggest suit against scio EVER - biggest as far as them being liable for asbestos exposure).

Sure, there's principle, it's full of lies, etc. So what? This is what it boils down to: sign it and get your money or be right and not get your money.

freemefree

Patron with Honors
I'd sign the dang thing. Who cares? One, it is basically being signed under duress (to get your money back). I don't think it is valid (they just want you to think it is valid perhaps). Also, realistically, are you EVER going to sue them? Even if you had asbestos cancer only your lawyer would make money - it might cover your medical bills (if you won thee biggest suit against scio EVER - biggest as far as them being liable for asbestos exposure).

Sure, there's principle, it's full of lies, etc. So what? This is what it boils down to: sign it and get your money or be right and not get your money.

Thanks for putting that way. I think I will sign it.

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors

Yup....me too! I signed it and I'm still here!
Happy- happy- happy!

They don't scare me. I choose not to live in fear anymore.
They are not the law. you can utter anything you want about the church
even after you signed that silly document.

Good luck- And enjoy your freedom my friend.

dianaclass8

I don't like it that they say this:

5. ...this document is notification of my expulsion from the Church of Scientology International. I further understand that such expulsion is not without recourse, such recourse being initiated by an act of contrition and I am fully informed as to what this recourse entails....

BSBuster

Patron
I don't like it that they say this:

5. ...this document is notification of my expulsion from the Church of Scientology International. I further understand that such expulsion is not without recourse, such recourse being initiated by an act of contrition and I am fully informed as to what this recourse entails....

I understand....but my reaction was more like 'zippety whoo hoo!!!' . Does this mean they wont send me cult mail and make cult calls anymore? Expulse me ! Yea!

Now, I do not have family in the COS...so being expulsed didnt make any difference to me....but I can see how it would to those with family in.
I dont know if that is cult language for 'you're an SP' or not.

FoTi

Crusader
Freemefree........join Prepaid Legal. It only cost $17.00 a month. You can quit anytime you want and you will be able to talk to a lawyer in any state in the U.S. for free with your Prepaid Legal membership. They have big lawfirms for you to consult with.

dianaclass8

I understand....but my reaction was more like 'zippety whoo hoo!!!' . Does this mean they wont send me cult mail and make cult calls anymore? Expulse me ! Yea!

Now, I do not have family in the COS...so being expulsed didnt make any difference to me....but I can see how it would to those with family in.
I dont know if that is cult language for 'you're an SP' or not.

BSBUster, somehow, I do not like the ideat that THEY expulsed me...Noooo...

I do understand you do not care and you are right not caring I think it is great you do not give a darn about them.

On the other hand for some reason I did care. I would never give them the satisfaction to say they kicked me. I will always have the pride I left and I left with a bang.

The thing that matters at the end of the day is that we left, we got our money back and here we are: Free and happy.

Diana
Diana

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Don't sign it and you will get it back anyhow. I did. I sent you one that fits the freezone in a PM.

I am a freezoner and I did get help on this from here and I and another made it suitable for the freezone. I used it and it worked but you must hound all terminals in the org. Ask Diana Class 8 to help you she is good at it and she helped me.

Thanks for putting that way. I think I will sign it.

Happy Days

Keep Control and Don't Flow Power to the Church

I received the same waiver this week and it also stated that the waiver included my deceased father's repayment ... my father is very much alive and has never been a Scientologist. It was a gross admin error from the Church...

Further, I'm not signing my rights away, the Church ensures its rights are protected so why shouldn't I. It's the Church's last ditch effort to control and have power over individuals... I'm not giving them any power.... I'm not giving them my rights...

So for me it's not about the money, it's about holding this Church responsible and accountable for its actions.

When purchasing services you are not informed that should you ask for a repayment or refund you would need to sign a waiver. The consumer was not fully informed of his/hers rights.

I was not advised by the Church that I should seek independent legal advice when the waiver came through. I asked the Chaplain if she recommends that I do and all she wrote was ...'The reference is spd 14 nov 1974RB and HCO PL 17 feb 71-1RA. Per the above references in order to repay/refund you the FSSO needs a waiver from you.'

Look, I doubt whether any waiver would hold up as I do not think it's constitutional for any Corporation or Organisation to ask an individual to waive their rights. As I said it's the Church's own 'power trip' ...

Just a note OEO received a repayment about 2 months and was not asked to sign a waiver... so the Church is not consistent with its own application of policies and procedures. I feel discriminated against as according to my waiver I will be expelled from the Church cause I asked for a repayment and the OEO was not. Discrimination not a good thing in today's modern world.

So there you have it folks ... Happy Days ... is keeping her rights ...

BSBuster

Patron
I received the same waiver this week and it also stated that the waiver included my deceased father's repayment ... my father is very much alive and has never been a Scientologist. It was a gross admin error from the Church...

Further, I'm not signing my rights away, the Church ensures its rights are protected so why shouldn't I. It's the Church's last ditch effort to control and have power over individuals... I'm not giving them any power.... I'm not giving them my rights...

So for me it's not about the money, it's about holding this Church responsible and accountable for its actions.

When purchasing services you are not informed that should you ask for a repayment or refund you would need to sign a waiver. The consumer was not fully informed of his/hers rights.

I was not advised by the Church that I should seek independent legal advice when the waiver came through. I asked the Chaplain if she recommends that I do and all she wrote was ...'The reference is spd 14 nov 1974RB and HCO PL 17 feb 71-1RA. Per the above references in order to repay/refund you the FSSO needs a waiver from you.'

Look, I doubt whether any waiver would hold up as I do not think it's constitutional for any Corporation or Organisation to ask an individual to waive their rights. As I said it's the Church's own 'power trip' ...

Just a note OEO received a repayment about 2 months and was not asked to sign a waiver... so the Church is not consistent with its own application of policies and procedures. I feel discriminated against as according to my waiver I will be expelled from the Church cause I asked for a repayment and the OEO was not. Discrimination not a good thing in today's modern world.

So there you have it folks ... Happy Days ... is keeping her rights ...

I believe that according to how much you know (i.e. if you were on staff , in SO etc) that this matters as to how you are treated with the waiver. I was public and the waiver thing they would not let go of. I spent money leaglly to get the cycle handl;ed so I could get my money and so for me I really didnt care if I signed it. They have no power over me because I signed it...but it took me 3 years of being 'out' to feel this way. Initialy I was pissed and I was going to sue them for all monies I ever spent...then I calmed down and realized they are going down the tubes and these waivers will never hold up in court even if I ever did sue! Anyway thats how it was for me...everyone's different and no one way is right for everyone.