What's new

Waiver Freewinds wants me to sign.

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
I have been email the ship to try and get so $ back. The LRH Communicator sent me this waiver.

Church Of Scientology

Flag Ship Service Organization Inc.

Release and Waiver

……………………..

1. I, ……………………, no longer in agreement with the aims and teachings of the Church of Scientology, have requested a repayment of donations I have made to the Church of Scientology Flag Ship Service Organization (FSSO) and Majestic Cruise Lines, a division of the FSSO.

2. In exchange for and on receipt of payment of $ ………. I, …………………….., release and waive all claims for damages, injuries or losses sustained of any kind or nature, whether known or unknown which I may have from the beginning of time up to and including this day against the Church of Scientology FSSO and Majestic Cruise Lines; its officers, trustees, agents, representatives, servants, employees, volunteers, directors, predecessors, successors, licensees, licensors, assigns, and beneficiaries; and for each individual, his successors, representatives, assigns, beneficiaries, executors and administrators

3. I am waiving the provisions of California Civil Section 1542 which provides “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”

4. I understand that this release and waiver signifies settlement of disputed claims and does not constitute an admission by any of the released parties of any wrongdoing and that each released party expressly deny the validity of such claims.

5. I am in full understanding that I may not again obtain spiritual counseling or training from any Church of Scientology or other Scientology organization and that this document is notification of my expulsion from the Church of Scientology International. I further understand that such expulsion is not without recourse, such recourse being initiated by an act of contrition and I am fully informed as to what this recourse entails.

6. I acknowledge and affirm that I have carefully read this release and waiver and that I sign it of my own free will without any duress from the released parties or anyone else.

7. I acknowledge and affirm that I am not under the influence of any drug, narcotic, alcohol or other mind-influencing substance, condition or ailment such that my ability to fully understand the meaning of this release and waiver and the significance thereof would be adversely affected.

8. In the event any provision hereof be unenforceable, such provision shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision hereof.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the California law and, if different, under the law of the state and country in which I am located that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed this ______day of ____________ (month and year) in …………, ………(country)

Date:_____________ Witness:_______________________

bump

I'd love to have a scan of this document. You can make a photocopy of it, and use a black marker to redact (black out) any personal information, then scan it. Let me know if you don't know how to do this or you need any help.

And yeah, whatever you do DO NOT SIGN IT OR AGREE TO IT.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sign the document, get your money and go spend it in something fun.

Let the dogs bark. All this document mean is that you no longer agree with them and never want to see them again.

Get your money before they declare bankrupcy and vanish.

Diana

I have been email the ship to try and get so $ back. The LRH Communicator sent me this waiver.

Church Of Scientology

Flag Ship Service Organization Inc.

Release and Waiver

……………………..

1. I, ……………………, no longer in agreement with the aims and teachings of the Church of Scientology, have requested a repayment of donations I have made to the Church of Scientology Flag Ship Service Organization (FSSO) and Majestic Cruise Lines, a division of the FSSO.

2. In exchange for and on receipt of payment of $ ………. I, …………………….., release and waive all claims for damages, injuries or losses sustained of any kind or nature, whether known or unknown which I may have from the beginning of time up to and including this day against the Church of Scientology FSSO and Majestic Cruise Lines; its officers, trustees, agents, representatives, servants, employees, volunteers, directors, predecessors, successors, licensees, licensors, assigns, and beneficiaries; and for each individual, his successors, representatives, assigns, beneficiaries, executors and administrators

3. I am waiving the provisions of California Civil Section 1542 which provides “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”

4. I understand that this release and waiver signifies settlement of disputed claims and does not constitute an admission by any of the released parties of any wrongdoing and that each released party expressly deny the validity of such claims.

5. I am in full understanding that I may not again obtain spiritual counseling or training from any Church of Scientology or other Scientology organization and that this document is notification of my expulsion from the Church of Scientology International. I further understand that such expulsion is not without recourse, such recourse being initiated by an act of contrition and I am fully informed as to what this recourse entails.

6. I acknowledge and affirm that I have carefully read this release and waiver and that I sign it of my own free will without any duress from the released parties or anyone else.

7. I acknowledge and affirm that I am not under the influence of any drug, narcotic, alcohol or other mind-influencing substance, condition or ailment such that my ability to fully understand the meaning of this release and waiver and the significance thereof would be adversely affected.

8. In the event any provision hereof be unenforceable, such provision shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision hereof.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the California law and, if different, under the law of the state and country in which I am located that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed this ______day of ____________ (month and year) in …………, ………(country)

Date:_____________ Witness:_______________________

Gaijin

Patron
Since the Ship is not registered in the State of California, I don't think this Document is valid. What does the State of California have to do with the ship? :confused2:

Likely this is because the Co$ is headquartered in the State of California, and the Co$ is the parent organization.

Of you people saying not to sign the doc, how many of you have actually gotten or asked for a repayment?????

Like I said, I signed the Doc and I'm still here. I knew I'd never sue the CofS since I don't care to spend the rest of my life suing them. And the way I understand the doc, that's all you're saying, is that you'll never sue them.

Most of it is standard legal boiler-plate, but some of the terms are ridiculous. However, since they have your money, they have you over a barrel. If they refuse to refund your money without signing this agreement, your only alternative would be to sue.

Basically, they have you right where they want you -- between a rock and a hard place.

Gaijin

Div6

Crusader

How is this enforceable? you are recovering from the influence of a mind-bending, spirit destroying cult?

Barbz

Patron with Honors
"In exchange for and on receipt of payment of $..."

No. They can't put conditions on a refund. It's your money. And what if you come down with asbestosis a few years down the line? Clearly they're aware of the potential nightmare as people start showing symptoms that can take decades to develop.

I do not believe the document is a legally binding one. Although IANAL, a document based on the illegal imposition of conditions probably won't stand up in court. I'd ask a lawyer.

Please don't agree to conditions that violate your rights.
Remember those refund checks they were issuing for a while that had a gag agreement on the back so if you endorsed the check, you were told you were agreeing to the gag. Totally illegal.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
One can just walk up and take honey from the hive or one can beat the hive with a stick and then try to get the honey. Both ways work....sort of :)

The real bottom line is one does have to sign anything - the reality is how much hassle does one want.

It is a meaningless document meant to intimidate.

You have no copy? It ain't legal

It isn't properly witnessed or notarized? Ain't valid.

Signed under duress? Hell yes = invalid .

So do whatever. I signed but I told them there were certain things I would not put my signature on. They modified the document and I signed it.

They will excommunicate you or may change their mine and declare - but most only "hear" that and never get a copy.

The trick is when one signs when do they get the check? Right then...or weeks later?

Also remember when you "sign" you are taking in exchange a check that hasn't yet cleared their bank......jus saying :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Before signing it, make sure you don't have funds at any other org that you need repayment of.

If that is not the case, you need your org contact to gather up the balances on each account, identify them on the form and include them in the total the church is owing you and repaying you, and include that your nonreceipt of any of the monies within 21 days invalidates the agreement in whole.

Get the FSSO to work for you. Doug Parent aka Riptide got the Flag contact to expedite and send his monies owed from a Mexico org. It took time but he finally got all his monies. You can PM or email him from here (profile and contact info can be found members list).

Signing or not is an individual situation. Every situation is different. It's a good idea to have a lawyer look it over and advise you of your rights based upon your location laws - should you want to reserve the rights that they want you to sign away.

I wish you the best~!

Mary

Has the cult ever attempted to use this after a person had signed it to shut someone up. Anyone know?

Does anyone know of anyone who has signed it and limits their criticism or other anti-scientology actions for no other reason than having signed the waiver?

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
I signed it. I did not think it was worth while going through interminable correspondence to work my way towards getting my money. I had waited long enough and pulled out every avenue I could think of to get to that point, and I calculated that they could and would not enforce the issue.

It has been said before on ESBM that the waiver has no teeth, that shutting your mouth is not legally enforceable.

Dear Freemefree, you've been trying for this for ages. Just go for it and get your money. It is such a buzz to get it.