What's new

Walpurgisnacht~Witches Night Origins of Scientology

285322_10151310770751359_283609197_n.jpg

Spirit

just another son of God
Interesting thread. I believe in Satan almost as much as I believe in the Tooth Fairy, almost.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
A new blog post over at the Underground Bunker (Tony Ortega's blog) this morning:

Blood Relation, Blood Ritual: A Hubbard Family Occult Mystery

Jon Atack is the author of A Piece of Blue Sky, one of the very best books on L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology. He hasa new edition of the book for sale, and on Saturdays he’s helping us sift through the legends, myths, and contested facts about Scientology that tend to get hashed and rehashed in books, articles, and especially on the Internet.

Jon, for a few weeks now we’ve been bugging you about L. Ron Hubbard’s interest in Sex Magick and Aleister Crowley (1875-1947), which predated his work on Dianetics and Scientology. We know you covered it in depth in A Piece of Blue Sky, as have other writers, such as Lawrence Wright inGoing Clear. But we have a reason for bringing it up, and we thought you might ease us into the subject again.

JON: When I first went to Saint Hill in the mid-70s, I was befriended by a Crowleyite named Carlos. He told me that Hubbard had set up Scientology as a beacon for the “mages” — of whom, he assured me, I was one. The vast majority of recruits would simply be drones, who would do our bidding at some future date. I believe he went back to heroin addiction, in preference to the state of OT. We only met twice, but it made me watchful. I had no interest in magic (or heroin, for that matter, contrary to OSA rumors).

When I left, I met Steve Bisbey, who ran the Advanced Ability Centre, East Grinstead, and Ralph Hilton, who set up his own independent auditing practice. Both had come to Scientology from Crowley, as many did, after theSunday Times exposed Hubbard’s involvement with Sex Magick. I liked Steve, but he had never abandoned his fondness for Crowley, and, indeed, the last time we met, he told me that he still “loved” Crowley’s work. Steve was a standard techie. Ralph Hilton mixed Crowleyite ideas into his practice. He did not necessarily inform his preclears of this.

I very soon found myself poring over Crowley texts to try and understand Hubbard. I was surprised to find that Hubbard had taken more ideas from Crowley and the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO) than from any other place — including the trauma of birth, the use of “past lives” rather than “reincarnation,” and the “creative processing” which is the revelation of the Philadelphia Doctorate Course and allowed Hubbard to do something after he’d given Dianetics away.

Along the way, I spoke with John Symonds, who was Crowley’s literary executor and wrote The Great Beast about Crowley. He loathed Crowley and helped me to steer through the OTO material, until I realised that the Babalon Working rituals Hubbard performed after the war with Pasadena rocket scientist Jack Parsons had continued to become Scientology — Scientology is a magical “working,” where Hubbard elevated himself by enslaving others.

<snip>

THE BUNKER: It’s always fascinating to delve into Hubbard and the occult. But part of our reason for bringing this up again, Jon, is that we wanted to talk about another Hubbard and some pretty odd activities.

<snip>

Read Full Post: http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/28/10468/

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
This will probably get cross-posted over on my own Questions, Questions thread, because it's something that I have not seen treated in the bios I've read.

When, exactly, did Hubbard get involved in Magik? When did he meet Parsons for the first time? When did he come into Crowley's orbit?

I vaguely remember reading something about Hubtard reading something of Crowley's as a teen. Is this verifiable?

His whole behavior from the time he got kicked out of the East Coast and shipped to the West in the Navy to the time he was a "swami" in Hollywood looks like a slow-motion mental breakdown. It looks to me as if he were self-medicating, with some partial success, with Crowley's Magick in Parsons's garage. When he felt he'd got hjis mojo back, he took off with Polly and Dianetics was born.

This period of swami-ism and deep diving into the OTO is a real mystery to me, and seems to me to possibly hold some keys to the Hubbard psyche and behavior.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
This will probably get cross-posted over on my own Questions, Questions thread, because it's something that I have not seen treated in the bios I've read.

When, exactly, did Hubbard get involved in Magik? When did he meet Parsons for the first time? When did he come into Crowley's orbit?

I vaguely remember reading something about Hubtard reading something of Crowley's as a teen. Is this verifiable?

His whole behavior from the time he got kicked out of the East Coast and shipped to the West in the Navy to the time he was a "swami" in Hollywood looks like a slow-motion mental breakdown. It looks to me as if he were self-medicating, with some partial success, with Crowley's Magick in Parsons's garage. When he felt he'd got hjis mojo back, he took off with Polly and Dianetics was born.

This period of swami-ism and deep diving into the OTO is a real mystery to me, and seems to me to possibly hold some keys to the Hubbard psyche and behavior.

This is all detailed in Bare Faced Messiah, which I'm currently reading. You can get it as a free download PDF.

After the Magick episode he ran off with Parson's money, car and girlfriend and had to be located by the FBI. This is all while Hubbard was still married to his first wife.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Aha! That's where I read the piece about his teenaged years:

Hubbard may have had this drive for power - this obsession - all his life. But the point at which it burst into a raging
passion was, according to Ron Jr. sometime in his teens when Ron Hubbard and his mother visited the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. From that time on he was, more and more, able to support his obsession with a detailed, well-developed philosophy.

His mother was at the Library tracing back her family's genealogy, while he was poking around trying to find something that interested him. He did.

It was a tiny volume called The Book of the Law.

But I guess what I'm getting at is, how much role did this play in Ron's life up until 1946 or so? I don't see in M or M any reference to how or where or when he met Parsons. Was it through some mutual aquaintance? It seems so.

He wrote to Crowley in February 1946:

About three months ago I met Ron...a writer and explorer of whom I had known for some time....He is a gentleman; he has red hair, green eyes, is honest and intelligent, and we have become great friends. He moved in with me about two months ago, and although Maggy [Sara Northrup's nickname-short for magic] and I are still friendly, she has transferred her sexual affections to Ron.

That
swami period, and the time in which he meets Jack, the possble connections to OTO via groups such as the Explorer's Club, there is a lack of evidence in all the bios for that time period. Nibs sheds little light on his father's connections to that world pre-1945.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Aha! That's where I read the piece about his teenaged years:

But I guess what I'm getting at is, how much role did this play in Ron's life up until 1946 or so? I don't see in M or M any reference to how or where or when he met Parsons. Was it through some mutual aquaintance? It seems so.

He wrote to Crowley in February 1946:

That
swami period, and the time in which he meets Jack, the possble connections to OTO via groups such as the Explorer's Club, there is a lack of evidence in all the bios for that time period. Nibs sheds little light on his father's connections to that world pre-1945.

In Bare Faced Messiah it says Hubbard was taken to meet Parsons by Lou Goldstone, a science-fiction illustrator who was a frequent visitor to Parsons' magic gatherings. This was in 1945 when Hubbard was on leave from the navy.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
In Bare Faced Messiah it says Hubbard was taken to meet Parsons by Lou Goldstone, a science-fiction illustrator who was a frequent visitor to Parsons' magic gatherings. This was in 1945 when Hubbard was on leave from the navy.

Thanks. Parsons mentions that he has heard of Ron as an "explorer". I wonder if there was a connection with the Explorer's Club, or was that simply an allusion to the exploration of Magik?

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Thanks. Parsons mentions that he has heard of Ron as an "explorer". I wonder if there was a connection with the Explorer's Club, or was that simply an allusion to the exploration of Magik?

Re: Explorers Club

Here's a link to an excellent article http://http://mag.newsweek.com/2013/01/28/exclusive-new-texts-from-scientology-s-l-ron-hubbard.html which was briefly discussed here at ESMB - here's the thread link, which provides commentary and additional links, too: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...s-club-entries&p=769903&viewfull=1#post769903

JB

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Explorers Club
Here's a link to an excellent article which was briefly discussed here at ESMB, but I can't seem to find the link.

http://mag.newsweek.com/2013/01/28/exclusive-new-texts-from-scientology-s-l-ron-hubbard.html

JB

Yeah, I read that. It seems odd he continued to want to be held in esteem by that group. But the fixations of one's youth often take a deep hold, and he would have grown up reading about their exploits in Africa, the Poles, and other places in the same pulp magazines that also introcuced him to SF.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did not know where to put this, but I decided that someone having waded through this thread might gain some insights from reading this post... This evening I was reading The Emerald Tablets by Thoth, Hermes Trismegistus, (Early Egypt perhaps Atlantis) I believe this is the translation done by Sir Francis Bacon, and found this segment in Tablet #8, Titled "The Key to the Mystery", as I read it I vividly recalled Hubbard's son's claim in the Penthouse Interview

Bold emphasis is mine:
"As an example, Hitler was involved in the same black magic and the same occult practices that my father was. The identical ones. Which, as I have said, stem clear back to before Egyptian times. It's a very secret thing. Very powerful and very workable and very dangerous." 1982 Penthouse Interview with Ron DeWolfe

Excerpt of Emerald Tablets #8:

Far in the past before Atlantis existed,
men there were who delved into darkness,
using dark magic, calling up beings
from the great deep below us.
Forth came they into this cycle.
Formless were they of another vibration,
existing unseen by the children of earth-men.
Only through blood could they have formed being.
Only through man could they live in the world.

In ages past were they conquered by Masters,
driven below to the place whence they came.
But some there were who remained,
hidden in spaces and planes unknown to man.
Lived they in Atlantis as shadows,
but at times they appeared among men.
Aye, when the blood was offered,
for they came they to dwell among men.

In the form of man they amongst us,
but only to sight were they as are men.
Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted
but appearing to man as men among men.
Crept they into the Councils,
taking forms that were like unto men.
Slaying by their arts
the chiefs of the kingdoms,
taking their form and ruling o'er man.
Only by magic could they be discovered.
Only by sound could their faces be seen.
Sought they from the Kingdom of shadows
to destroy man and rule in his place.

But, know ye, the Masters were mighty in magic,
able to lift the Veil from the face of the serpent,
able to send him back to his place.
Came they to man and taught him the secret,
the WORD that only a man can pronounce.
Swift then they lifted the Veil from the serpent
and cast him forth from the place among men.

Yet, beware, the serpent still liveth
in a place that is open at times to the world.
Unseen they walk among thee
in places where the rites have been said.
Again as time passes onward
shall they take the semblance of men.

"In places where the rites have been said" may be just over the mountain behind gold base, where lies Jack Parson's old property the location of Jack Parson's Laboratory, hist first one, later it was all moved to bigger facilities, and just called JPL, renamed Jet Propulsion Laboratories - the likely location 'in the desert' where Hubbard and Jack did the moonchild ceremony. LINK That valley behind the mountain exits down a steep valley where there is a bridge across a dry wash just 200 feet north east on the road past Gold Base... The valley and flood plane upon which gold base rests is still contaminated with potassium perchlorate which Jack mixed with bitumen to make those early JATO rockets, JATO solid fuel rockets, which if you chopped one in half and looked at the shape of the hollow core, could be seen to have a hollow pentangle for a burn rate control channel.(1)

Note: I witnessed the pentagle cross section first hand when I noted a new exhibit at the National Air and Space Museum facility near Dullus Airport, 6 years ago, and realizing what I was looking at I examined it closely and was blow away when I saw the pentangle cross section in the cut open JATO rocket they had on display. - There was no mention of jack parsons in the exhibit.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
This symbol and many similar appear on various flags in the world.

Occultism is happening and ther is a president who is part of it.

Thanks for posting this.

If Hitler suicided on April 30th and DM was born on April 30th, might Hubbard have thought... naw... nevermind...

Here is the "Circle has been broken" image:

the-circle-has-been-broken.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Thanks for posting this.

If Hitler suicided on April 30th and DM was born on April 30th, might Hubbard have thought... naw... nevermind...

Here is the "Circle has been broken" image:

the-circle-has-been-broken.jpg

You don't reckon that Hubbard thought he was reincarnated Hitler - obviously wouldn't work as their lives overlapped to some degree.

BUT....

Could Hubbard have believed that Hitler's Thetan possessed him?

I know that they both shared a fascination with the occult, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some deeper connection I didn't know about.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
You don't reckon that Hubbard thought he was reincarnated Hitler - obviously wouldn't work as their lives overlapped to some degree.

BUT....

Could Hubbard have believed that Hitler's Thetan possessed him?

I know that they both shared a fascination with the occult, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some deeper connection I didn't know about.

close, but this seems more Hubbardian:

He may have thought DM was the reincarnate of Hitler... because of his birthdate and

Hubbard believed he had a spirit guide, he may have believed that guide to have been the same as Hitlers.

And remember he said he was Cecil Rhodes, who subjugated much of southern africa by exterminating millions of Blacks.

"The mayor of Zimbabwe’s second largest city, Bulawayo, says the remains of the infamous British imperialist Cecil Rhodes should be dug up and sent back to Great Britain." link

He believed this to such a degree he he sent sea org members around trying to dig up his hidden treasure from when he was Cecil Rhodes... this was what his book "test of whole track recall" was about, which, in the last chapter you found out they found nothing, and I believe has been withdrawn from publication...'cause it was laughable...

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Aw...here is Marjorie before she married Parsons and he and Ron tried to make a "moonchild" with her... :eyeroll: Maybe Ron liked her because she was also a blue-eyed redhead, like himself. (He was very narcissistic.)

aojcnlc8hd4pjon4.jpg

"Red haired, blue eyed Marjorie Cameron was born April 23, 1922, in Belle Plain, Iowa, and grew up in Wisconsin. Her parents were Hill Lislie Cameroun and Carrie V. (Ridenour) Cameroun. She was in the Navy in WWII, and served in Washington as an aide to the Joint Chiefs of Staff and as a photographer. After the war she moved to Los Angeles. There she was introduced by a friend to the Agape Lodge of the OTO, where she met future husband John W. (Jack) Parsons. He was a pioneering genius in rocketry, an author, and very involved in the occult. He was associated with Aleister Crowley. Parsons considered her to be an "elemental" and in early 1946 she, Parsons and L. Ron Hubbard undertook the famous "Babylon Working", a long complex magical working attempting to create a magical child. She married Jack Parsons on October 19, 1946 in San Juan Capistrano, California. They were friends of many science fiction writers. Jack was killed in a mysterious explosion in Pasadena in 1952. At the time they were living with several artists and actors, and the house was reputed to be a hotbed of occult and sexual behavior not in keeping with Pasadena`s image. She later married Sharif Kimmel. She saw a flying saucer in 1953 and became very interested in them. She painted and was involved in the Los Angeles art world. Her works have been shown at several major art museums. In 1954 she appeared as the Scarlet Woman and as Kali in Kenneth Anger`s Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome (1954)."
From: http://www.allstarpics.net/pic-gallery/marjorie-cameron-pics.htm

Here is one of her few remaining paintings...evidently she destroyed much of the collection of her artwork in a fit of self hatred... Sad.

Man%20with%20Sphere72.jpg

Not sure if this has already been posted in the thread, so apologizing in advance if it has.It's an excerpt from an online magazine called Motherboard:

Crawling Back to the Alleged Hell Portal of NASA's Occult Origins

Depending on whom you ask, I’m about to be sucked into a Hell portal that allegedly sits in caverns somewhere around NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab.

The place looks almost calm from here – I’m standing midway across a footbridge over the Arroyo Seco canyon, near La Cañada Flintridge, California, a good quarter-mile southeast of the lab’s campus.

The old line is that JPL is really Jack Parsons’ Lab. Marvel “John” Whiteside Parsons, the late chemist, rocketeer and high school dropout had a hand in some of the first rocket tests on what would later become the grounds of the JPL, NASA’s famous rocket incubator.

It was the dawn of World War II when Parsons, who’d also co-founded the missile manufacturing firm Aerojet around the same time as JPL’s inception, took to the Ordo Templi Orientis. The OTO was a Thelema-based, fraternal-religious sex-magick order founded by Aleister Crowley, the British mystic variously known as the Great Beast 666 and the “most evil man who ever lived.”

Parsons saw in Crowley a master-mentor figure. The Feds saw suspicious activity. In 1950, the FBI would investigate Parsons over the theft of rocket documents from the Hughes Aircraft Company; after being discovered, Parsons was immediately fired, and would later lose his top secret clearance. “He planned to submit [the documents] with [an] employment application through American Technion Society for employment in the country of Israel,” read the original FBI report.

Whether or not Parsons was acting as an Israeli spy or simply being cavalier, his connection to the occult earned him special attention. The U.S. Air Force advised the FBI that the USAF had already collected files on Parsons and his relationship with Crowley, one of which, dated May 17, 1948, stated: “A religious cult, believed to advocate sexual perversion, was organized at subject’s home at 1003 South Orange Grove Avenue, Pasadena, California, which has been reported subversive…” “This cult,” it continued, “broadly hinted at free love”: there had been “several complaints of ‘’strange goings on at this home,’” and an unnamed source had described the church as “a gathering place of perverts.” Furthermore, “…women of loose morals were involved and…the story of Parsons’ activities had become fairly common knowledge among scientists in the Pasadena area.”

But soon enough the young explosives guru was running with another OTO buck, a young writer named L. Ron. Hubbard. When Parsons, then in his early 30s, wasn’t ranging the canyon beneath me, chanting mantras to Pan before field-testing one of NASA’s nascent projectiles, there’s good chance the guy could’ve been found with Hubbard, caught up in all manner of weirdo rites in and around the Arroyo Seco and greater San Gabriel Valley. It’s stuff you’d expect out of this sort of thing – wearing robes and bejeweled hoods; scheming to conceive a hulking Moonchild with Parsons’ mistress, dawning the Aeon of Horus; plotting the overthrow of 4D spacetime; drug-addled anal parties; animal sacrifices. You know. Cult stuff.

Read Full Article: http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/crawling-back-to-the-alleged-hell-portal-of-nasas-occult-origins

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Current "church" of satan = ex US Mil Aquino, founder

"The Temple of Set was established in 1975 by Lt. Colonel of the US Army Michael Aquino and certain members of the priesthood of the Church of Satan,[1] who left because of administrative and philosophical disagreements with its founder.[1] The Temple of Set was incorporated in California that same year as a nonprofit church.[2]" LINK

Note well that Lt Aquino was a specialist in psychological operations....
"Lt. Col. Aquino was processed out of the Army Active Reserves in 1990 after a ritual child molestation investigation." LINK

Aquino (while posted in USA Intelligence) and Vallely called for an explicitly Nietzschean form of warfare, which they dubbed "mindwar."Mindwar is the deliberate, aggressive convincing of all participants in a war that we will win that war."

"For Aquino, "mindwar" is a permanent state of strategic psychological warfare against the populations of friend and foe nations alike. "In its strategic context, mindwar must reach out to friends, enemies and neutrals alike across the globe ... through the media possessed by the United States which have the capabilities to reach virtually all people on the face of the Earth. These media are, of course, the electronic media—television and radio. State of the art developments in satellite communication, video recording techniques, and laser and optical transmission of broadcasts make possible a penetration of the minds of the world"

ISIS "too extreme for al-Qaeda"
Well, seems there is a market for evil..
Col Michael Aquino was promoted to head all US military psychological operations programs per THIS creepy report, creepy if you've been keeping up with stuff in this thread... about a terrorist militant group called "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" (ISIS) described as "too extreme for al-Qaeda"

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
close, but this seems more Hubbardian:

He may have thought DM was the reincarnate of Hitler... because of his birthdate and

Hubbard believed he had a spirit guide, he may have believed that guide to have been the same as Hitlers.

And remember he said he was Cecil Rhodes, who subjugated much of southern africa by exterminating millions of Blacks.

"The mayor of Zimbabwe’s second largest city, Bulawayo, says the remains of the infamous British imperialist Cecil Rhodes should be dug up and sent back to Great Britain." link

He believed this to such a degree he he sent sea org members around trying to dig up his hidden treasure from when he was Cecil Rhodes... this was what his book "test of whole track recall" was about, which, in the last chapter you found out they found nothing, and I believe has been withdrawn from publication...'cause it was laughable...

This is garbage. Rhodes did not ever exterminate millions of blacks. The only ones in history who ever exterminated millions of blacks - if it even got to "millions" - were other blacks, most notably Chaka and Dingaan, both warmongering chiefs of the Zulu tribe.

"Subjugated" some of them, yes. This was British colonial policy. But only the tribes in what is today Zimbabwe.

Rhodes was interesting too - I have mentioned this on another post somewhere a few years ago - he subjugated the blacks in Zimbabwe during his life and when he dies he left orders that his body be buried on the top of the mount near Bulawayo which was sacred to the blacks and at the foot of which they traditionally buried all of their chiefs. His message was clear - "I dominate you not only in this life but I dominate your forefathers in the life after this one."

Though it can be mentioned - the Matabele tribe who lived in that area had only been there for less than 100 years. They were a breakaway group from the Zulus who fled from Chaka's rule in the early 1800's after which they moved north and settled there.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Current "church" of satan = ex US Mil Aquino, founder

ISIS "too extreme for al-Qaeda"
Well, seems there is a market for evil..
Col Michael Aquino was promoted to head all US military psychological operations programs per THIS creepy report, creepy if you've been keeping up with stuff in this thread... about a terrorist militant group called "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" (ISIS) described as "too extreme for al-Qaeda"

Michael Aquino? According to David Icke, he features in Cathy O'Brien's account of Project MONARCH, which she claims to be a victim of. Aquino apparently told her, "90% of the country wants to be led by the other 10% and the 90% don't want to know what's really going on in government."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_O'Brien