What's new

War -LRH, DM, et al!

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/sp/pl-1969-02-16-battle-tactics-reiss-87.html

Well worth reading!

Partial excerpt:

BATTLE TACTICS

But there are also wars of attrition. We are engaged
in one where total destruction of us has been the enemy's aim
for, at this writing, 19 years. This is barbarian warfare,
thus the enemy must have had very positive fears and terrors
about us. Since he fought for total attrition. In this case
it is not safe to hope for any half-way win. We must ourselves
fight on the basis of total attrition of the enemy. So
never get reasonable about him. Just go all the way in and
obliterate him.

It is bad warfare to fight battles on your own terrain,
in your own subject area. It is not good to fight in the
territory of allies. Fight battles wherever possible only on
enemy terrain, in and about his subject and his people, not
ours. You can gauge your relative success by this. When
all your battles are fought on his terrain, you are winning.

A good general expends the maximum of enemy troops and
the minimum of his own. He makes the war costly to the
enemy, not to himself.

HCO PL 16.2.69 II
Reiss. 24.9.87 -2-

One cuts off enemy communications, funds, connections.

He deprives the enemy of political advantages, connections
and power. He takes over enemy territory. He raids and
harasses. All on a thought plane - press, public opinion,
governments, etc.

Seeing it as a battle, one can apply battle tactics to
thought actions.

Intelligence identifies targets and finds out enemy
plans and purposes, enemy connections, dispositions, etc.
It is fatal to attack a wrong enemy. But it is good tactics
to make the enemy attack wrong targets or persons himself.

Good intelligence pinpoints who when where what.

Good PRO plans an action and operations fights the battle.

Legal is a slow if often final battle arena. It eventually
comes down to legal in the end. If intelligence and PRO have
done well, then legal gets an easy win.

You can win a battle even without legal and by PRO alone.
You intend to win it without legal wherever possible.

The prize is "public opinion" where press is concerned.
The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and
are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy. This means standard
wartime propaganda is what one is doing, complete with atrocity,
war crimes trials, the lot. Know the mores of your public
opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love.
That's you.

You preserve the image or increase it of your own troops
and degrade the image of the enemy to beast level.

Always be ready to parley but watch for tricks. Don't
give the enemy breathing space.

Capture and use his comm lines. A press magnate on your
side is a big win.

You have in one of these publicity wars all the factors
of modern wars complete with artillery, cavalry, infantry.

For example at this writing, all fighting has been on our
terrain; they knew our generals we didn't know theirs; they
had all the press, funds, government control. We are reversing
this. We are fighting now on their ground. But we have a
long way to go.

We will make it all the way providing we look on this in
terms of active battle and not as a "if we are saintly good we
will win." The people who win wars have a saintly image but
they win the war by clever and forceful use of the rules of
tactics, strategy and battle.

Wars are composed of many battles.

Never treat a war like a skirmish. Treat all skirmishes like wars.

L. Ron Hubbard.

Obviously the above has not worked out well for LRH, DM or the CofS - it has brought about the opposite - the complete vilification of LRH, DM and the CofS.

Just imagine if LRH had used the positive opposite - look for our friends - make love not war! :omg:

One adds to ones friends better communications, more funds, more connections.

He contributes to all and makes friends with all, he give the friends political advantages, connections
and power. He contributes to others territory. He helps and makes better. All on a thought plane - press, public opinion,
governments, etc.

Instead he wrote:

One cuts off enemy communications, funds, connections.

He deprives the enemy of political advantages, connections
and power. He takes over enemy territory. He raids and
harasses. All on a thought plane - press, public opinion,
governments, etc.

Alan

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
Well, The Bolivar PL is the flip side..ie: "Flowing Power to those upon whose power you depend".

But it is ODD that he couched it in the 3rd person ("Bolivar") and displaced time and space. I can only chalk it up to "self-restraint", and "plausible deniability".

IOW He couldn't come right out and say "you should kill your enemies", but he sure could ALLUDE to it...."well, er, the one with the pink legs over there, she didn't like me...."

Evil Hubbard is Evil. Thank god he was "basically good"...:)

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, The Bolivar PL is the flip side..ie: "Flowing Power to those upon whose power you depend".

Yeah! Unless one's power became a threat and then one had a kangaroo court of ethics and then became an enemy! :angry:

Div6

Crusader
From HCOPL 5 April 1965:

The person is in a mad, howling situation of some yesteryear and is “handling it” by committing overt acts today. I say condition of yesteryear but the case thinks it’s today.

Yes, you’re right. They are nuts. The spin bins are full of either them or their victims. There’s no other real psycho in a spin bin!

What? That means we’ve cracked insanity itself? That’s right. And it’s given us the key to the Suppressive Person and his or her effect on the environment. This is the multitude of “types” of insanity of the 19th century psychiatrist. All in one. Schizophrenia, paranoia, fancy names galore. Only one other type exists – the person the Suppressive Person got “at”.
This is the “manic-depressive” a type who is up one day and down the next. This is the Potential Trouble Source gone mad. But these are in a minority in the spin bin, usually put there by Suppressive Persons and not crazy at all! The real mad ones are the Suppressive Persons. They are the only psychos.

Over simplification? No indeed. I can prove it! We could empty the spin bins now. If we want to. But we have better uses for technology than saving a lot of Suppressive Persons who themselves act only to scuttle the rest of us."

Of course Hubbard created his own "spin bin" and called it the RPF.
Fled to the seas so he could commit overt acts in PT (overboarding, chain lockers, etc) while dragging everyone else into his psychosis (OT III, sailor suits, mass implanting, etc.) Put his "Intel" units on "Battle Tactics" footings.

Probably the reason Hubbard hasn't "come back" is cause Grand Theft Auto satisfies his need for sensation........

Vinaire

Sponsor
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/sp/pl-1969-02-16-battle-tactics-reiss-87.html

Well worth reading!

Partial excerpt:

BATTLE TACTICS

But there are also wars of attrition. We are engaged
in one where total destruction of us has been the enemy's aim
for, at this writing, 19 years. This is barbarian warfare,
thus the enemy must have had very positive fears and terrors
about us. Since he fought for total attrition. In this case
it is not safe to hope for any half-way win. We must ourselves
fight on the basis of total attrition of the enemy. So
never get reasonable about him. Just go all the way in and
obliterate him...

Is this what one calls a GPM?

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
Actually Hubbard is quite right about much of what he says (as quoted by Alan). But only when one is actually in an all-out war.

Even the best Football plays will fail utterly when the name of the game is Hockey.

Using the tactics and strategies of war where they do not apply is a recipe for disaster, as the history of the cult has shown.

If you're in an all-out kill or be killed war with an intractable enemy, then total commitment to the utter obliteration of that enemy is the sanest approach possible. Anything less is suicide.

But this approach is madness when one is not at war. Stabbing your neighbor in the throat for saying "Good morning!" to you tends to be a very self-limiting behavior. The cult is famous for doing just that.

Hubbard said it himself: "It is fatal to attack a wrong enemy."

The history of the cult is one of continuously attacking the wrong enemy.

I for one am extremely happy that the cult behaves in this way. Every step they take is on the path to their own destruction.

I would not dream of trying to convince them to change their ways. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. An enemy who fights himself is easy to defeat. All you have to do is give him a free hand and he will destroy himself.

The more the cult does to attack its enemies, the closer it comes to self-destruction.

The only question is, when the end finally comes, will it be with a bang or a whimper?

Veda

Sponsor
Hubbard only refers to Carl von Clausewitz ('On War') in 'Battle Tactics', but he was no doubt familiar with Sun Tzu ('The Art of War'), and Sun Tzu is required reading on a number of Scientology courses (usually confidential), and there are even clay demos on how to win through deception.

To place this in an appropriate context, and mind set, the 'Fair Game Law', and its "Suppressive Acts," is noted:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=64970&postcount=41

It appears that Hubbard was familiar with the ideas expressed in the 1969 'Battle Tactics' long before he wrote it:

'Battle Tactics':

'In these days of 'cold war' when actual warfare is impossible due to atomic weapons, the warfare is waged in the press and public in the form of ideas. If you uniformly apply the tactics and strategy of battle to the rows we get into, press or legal or public confrontation, you will win...

"If we and they are considered as two hostile and opposing nations at war, then a huge array of tactics and strategies become visible...

"The end product of war, according to Klausewitz (sic) the authority on it, is 'to bring about a more amenable frame of mind on the part of the enemy'... We must ourselves fight on the basis of total attrition of the enemy. So never get reasonable about him. Just go all the way in and obliterate him... One cuts enemy communications, funds, connections.. he raids and harasses... Seeing it as a battle one can apply battle tactics to thought actions."

In 1955, in his booklet, 'Brainwashing, A Synthesis on the Russian Textbook on Psychopolitics: The art and science of asserting and maintaining dominion over thoughts and loyalties... through mental healing', Hubbard (pretending to a Russian Communist) wrote:

"In this time of unlimited weapons, and in national antagonisms where atomic war with Capitalistic powers is possible, psychopolitics must act efficiently as never before...

"The spread of Communism has never been by force of battle, but by conquest of the mind...

"The end of war is the control of a conquered people...

"The capitalist does not know the definition of war. He thinks of war as attack with force performed by soldiers and machines. He does not know that a more effective if somewhat longer war can be fought with... the wisdom of our art."

Div6

Crusader
Yeah! Unless one's power became a threat and then one had a kangaroo court of ethics and then became an enemy! :angry:

ARC breaks depend upon Prior ARC....

No sense in doing a life continuum on the guy....there are far better beingnesses available.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
ARC breaks depend upon Prior ARC....

At a quick glance that appears true.....but on inspection there is a lot more to it!

Prior ARC for what or who?

Prior ARC for the Game?

Prior ARC for the location, time, energy or forms?

Prior ARC for the identity?

Prior ARC for the adventure, the risk, the danger, etc., etc.

???????

No sense in doing a life continuum on the guy....there are far better beingnesses available.

Most people wear multiple beingnesses or identities.......thus you can have a multiplicity of different games being played.

:)

Alan

Most people wear multiple beingnesses or identities.......thus you can have a multiplicity of different games being played.

:)

Alan

Any way you look at it, it's time for the showers and a post-game brew. Make mine "Lion Brown".

Mark A. Baker

Free Will

Patron with Honors
It's what's called paranoid obsession.
Not to forget the narcissistic megalomania.

Zinj

Well said, sir.

I reckon the Bolivar PL, Responsibilities of Leaders was Hubbard's guide for his wife on what he expected her to do as Guardian. It was the main policy Herbie Parkhouse used to keep drumming into his staff at GOWW, in my observation. He clearly indicated that the Leader, or 'Power' should not even be informed of the dirty tricks committed for his benefit, or on his behalf...and there should be no trail connecting them back to him. I reckon he was really sick to let his wife take all the rap for what every staff member knew had been basically ordered by himself. The more I learn of the guy, the more disgusted I feel (and stupid for having been duped.)

Free Will

Patron with Honors
The end is nigh

The more the cult does to attack its enemies, the closer it comes to self-destruction.

The only question is, when the end finally comes, will it be with a bang or a whimper?

That's what I've been wondering lately. My current guess is with this current acceleration in publication and correlation of true information on LRH, DM, RPF, crimes and abuses , there will come a point where US government may appear justified to go in and at least take over control of the Church, fearing a repeat of Waco or Jonestown but on a much larger scale. Who would oppose them? But it wouldn't surprise me if that had been planned since the Judge sent Mary Sue to jail.
I hope it's not a bang. My 2 nephews and niece are still in the SO and they have no friends outside the SO. My family has already lost far too much to this Frankenstein's monster. I hope they emerge sane and don't get wiped out in some foolish Last Charge of the Light Brigade. They don't even have any pictures of what their father looked like. Imagine growing up from toddler believing your father was an SP? That's loony bin material if the truth ever comes to them.When he died, all they ever asked was how much money he'd left them. That broke my mother's heart too.
LRH must be awfully busy with this research Dave says he's doing on the unbelievably higher OT levels, where a body is a hindrance, if he hasn't noticed his Watchdog has been inviting the enemy to come and close down the whole show - leaving us back looking at endless trillions of years agonizing future for every man, woman, child and dog on this planet. And all the others,of course.

Veda

Sponsor
"She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn't like me."

The 12 February 1967 Policy Letter 'Admin Know-How, the Responsibility of Leaders' -a.k.a. The Bolivar Policy Letter - on the topic of how a subordinate should relate to his "power" (i.e. Hubbard and the "Organization."):

"[The power asks] 'What are those dead bodies doing at the door'. And if you [the subordinate] are clever, you never let it be known HE [the power] killed them - that weakens you and also hurts the power source. 'Well, boss about all those dead bodies, nobody at all will suppose you did it. She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn't like me'. 'Well', he'll say if he really is a power, 'Why are you bothering me with it if it's done and you did it. Where's my blue ink?...

"...always push power in the direction of anyone on whose power you depend. It may be more money for the power, or more ease, or a snarling defense of the power to the critic, or even the dull thud of one of his enemies in the dark, or the glorious blaze of a whole enemy camp as a birthday surprise...

"...Real powers are developed by tight conspiracies of this kind... and if they are right and also manage their man [the power] and keep him from collapsing from overwork, bad temper or bad data, a kind of juggernaut builds up." [Juggernaut: "A large overwhelming powerful object or institution."]

From the 'Brainwashing Manual':

"When psychopolitical activities have reached a certain peak, from there on it is almost impossible to undo them..."

Hubbard's description of how Scientology should function as a "tight conspiracy" is reminiscent of the mindset, and mode of operation, of organized crime.

Excerpted from 'Brainwashing Manual Parallels'. To locate the quote, once in the document, press "control" and "F" and do a find on "pink legs" or on "juggernaut."

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=44387&postcount=1

Last edited:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
What's wrong with this picture? Anyone taking this guy's knowledge and ideas on the subject of battle tactics and warfare seriously. How laughable. How utterly laughable. Like all his other counterfeit credentials, his real world "battle record" (or lack, thereof) speaks for itself. And what does that say for diminutive davey and his ability outside of his bully-boy talent?

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
What's wrong with this picture? Anyone taking this guy's knowledge and ideas on the subject of battle tactics and warfare seriously. How laughable. How utterly laughable. Like all his other counterfeit credentials, his real world "battle record" (or lack, thereof) speaks for itself. And what does that say for diminutive davey and his ability outside of his bully-boy talent?

Hey don't underestimate LRH - those rocks in the middle of the ocean are DEAD dude! :)

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Hey don't underestimate LRH - those rocks in the middle of the ocean are DEAD dude! :)

Yeah, a real shoot 'em up cowboy commander, that one.

RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS of a
BOARD OF INVESTIGATION
Convened on board the
U.S.S. PC 815
By order of
Commander, Fleet Operational Training Command, Pacific
to inquire into and report upon the circumstances attending the firing of three shots from the U.S.S. PC 815, and the anchoring of that vessel in the vicinity of the Middle Coronados Islands on 28 June 1943.
After full and mature deliberation the board finds as follows:
FINDING OF FACTS

1. That the U.S.S. PC 815 fired 4 rounds of 3"/50 caliber target ammunition at about 1619 on 28 June, 1943 from the one 3"/50 caliber gun mounted on board.

2. That no navigational data was available to determine the position or course of the PC-815 at the time the shots were fired at about 1619 on 28 June, 1943.

3. That the position of the ship was in general, Northeast of South Coronados Island at an undetermined distance.

4. That land was in the line of sight at the time of firing and that this land was some part of the Coronados Island.

5. That neither a safety officers nor a check-sight observor was stationed at the gun.

6. That all the fall of shot of the 4 shots fired from the 3"/50 caliber gun were not observed by any officer on the ship.

7. That an undetermined number of splashes were observed in the water in the direction of land during the firing.

8. That evidences of shells hitting land or rocks on the Northern end of South Coronados Island was observed on two separate instances during the conduct of the firing.

9. That evidence of a shell hitting land or rocks on the Northern end of South Coronados Island or on land behind the Northeastern end of South Coronados Island in the line of fire was observed on a third instance during the conduct of the firing.

10. That the ship was underway at the time of firing making one-third engine speed, about 9 knots.

11. That there was no U.S. Naval directive prescribing that the PC-815 fire guns of any caliber in any area on 28 June, 1943.

12. That upon completion of firing of the 3"/50 caliber gun the PC-815
proceeded on various courses and speeds and at about 1706 on 28 June, 1943, anchored about 500 yards off the Eastern short of South Coronados Islands in 7 fathoms of water with 65 fat homs of chain to the starboard anchor with the lighthouse structure on the Northeast sector of South Coronados Island bearing about 326 degrees true and the left tangent of South Coronados Island bearing about 285 degrees true.

13. That after anchoring on the afternoon of 28 June, 1943, firing of .30 caliber and .45 caliber weapons was conducted from the port and starboard quarters of the PC-815 by certain officers and members of the crew during the period from about 1730 until sometime after sunset.

14. That approximately 80 rounds of .30 caliber and 40 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition was expended, some of which were fired into the water in the direction of South Coronados Island.

15. That shots from the small arms firing were not observed to hit the South Coronados Islands.

16. That the ship remained at anchor throughout the night of 28-29 June, 1943.

17. That the ship did not at any time on 28 June, 1943, anchor in the vicinity of the Middle Coronados Island.

18. That the PC-815 anchored in the vicinity of South Coronados Island on the afternoon of 27 June and remained overnight in approximately the same position as the ship anchored on 23 June, 1943.

19. That there was no U.S. Naval directive authorising the PC-815 to anchor in the vicinity of the Coronados Islands on 27 and 28 June, 1943.

Jacob E. Cooper
Commander, U.S. Navy, Senior Member
Gene M. Marris,
Lieutenant, D-V(S), U.S. Naval Reserve,
Frank G. Morris, jr.,
Lieutenant, D-V(G), U.S. Naval Reserve.

The record of proceedings of the investigation was read and ... and the board having finished the investigation, then, at 12:37 ... 3 July, 1943, adjourned to await the action of the convening authority.

Jacob E. Cooper, Commander, U.S. Navy, Senior Member.
Noel J. Dyer,
Ensign, D-V(S), U.S. Naval Reserve, recorder,

http://www.lermanet.com/L_Ron_Hubbard/shooting.htm

Veda

Sponsor

I think the point is that he took it seriously, and his writings in this area - tactics, mostly covert ones - are a window into how his mind worked.

(This has to do, not so much with physical warfare, but psychological warfare.)

It also provides some clues as to how the (secretive) subject was set up, and the secretive organization (operation) also.

Hubbard designed Scentology to be run as a criminal conspiracy. Last time I looked, it seems to still be one.