What's new

Was Hubbard Prone to Hallucinations?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Whatever the reason(s), Hubbard had a serious problem with the truth and, IMO, with general competency.

Over an eight year time span I suppose I got maybe 250 or so orders directly from him. Receiving and complying with orders from Hubbard taught me a few things, many I did not truly understand until years after I was out.

Did Hubbard really think he would "clear the planet" and that scientology should really expand well beyond his own life? I don't know for sure but I cannot get this troubling thought out of my mind: I once went to the leaders of the Watchdog Committee and the then leader of RTC before Miscavige took over. I tried to reconcile the constant demands for money every week. I asked how will we clear the rest of the planet when such a large portion of it could not afford scientology services.

All I got back were blank stares.

And I had a sad :bigcry:

Well, noobs, your post in its entirety just made it to the ESMB Golden Quotes section.

Welcome. And we really hope to hear more from you. :)

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Soderqvist1: Druggy hallucinations or schizophrenic hallucinations? I claim both and I also claim that he wrote the book Excalibur!

Evidence for Excalibur

Yes, There Was a Book Called "Excalibur" by L. Ron HUBBARD By ARTHUR J. BURKS From "The Aberee", Dec 1961
"I think the time was about mid-1938 - maybe a little earlier, May or June." "After I'd read the manuscript, we got to arguing over different titles. I asked him what he wanted to accomplish. He wanted to make changes. He wanted to reach inside people and really work them over, and he had to have a title that would be attractive. I am the one who suggested "Excalibur", because Excalibur was King Arthur's sword. This had a certain mystical meaning that suited Ron, and so "The Book" became "Excalibur"."What was the one word? I don 't know how many times we argued, Ron and I, to discover what this one word was. It may have been the creative fiat, it might have just been the word "Be", it might have been the word "Survive". I don't think we ever settled it. But the book "Excalibur" from there on had to do with survival."
http://www.xenu.net/archive/oca/burks.html

L. Ron Hubbard’s Affirmations
(l) That I wrote a great book in The One Command and that it removed all my fears even until now, except that my chapters on the mind do not affect my own mind. That I have will power and great mental control. That I need not associate anything unless I wish.

Your book the One Commandment applied only to the material. It is true. It freed you forever from the fears of the material world and gave you material control over people. There is no material will. The One Command applied but slightly to the spiritual world and other planes. There is psychic will power, possessed by a very few. You possess such will power and it is enormously strong and irresistible. You work it consciously. Those things you consciously state that you will come to be.

The criticism of the One Command which was given to material things was not leveled at you. It was not worthy. It did not detract from the value of the book. It was from small people. You gave it no heed. It did not affect you.There was one error in that book and you have psychically willed it into nothing. It was the electronic theory of the workings of the human mind. Human, material minds do work this way and you were right. Your own mind does not work this way. You have great spiritual strength. Your mind is not material. It does not react like any human mind.
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-admissions-psychiatric-eval.html

Letter: Hubbard to Forrest Ackerman Jan. 13, 1949
Wanted to tell you that Sara is beating out her wits on fiction and is having to do this DARK SWORD -cause and cure of nervious tension – properly – THE SCIENCE OF MIND, really EXCALIBUR – in fits, so far, however she has recovered easily from each fit. It will be considerably delayed because of this. Good as my word, however, I shall ship it along just as soon as decent. Then you can rape women without their knowing it, communicate suicide messages to your enemies as they sleep, sell the Arroyo Seco parkway to the mayor for cash, evolve the best way of protecting or destroying communism, and other handy house hold hints. If you go crazy, remember you were warned.
http://www.carolineletkeman.org/cl/archives/3209

Superior Court of Los Angeles Thursday, June 7, 1984 Page 4716
THE COURT: It will be received. 58 is just a little writing nonpublished, the original manuscript of Excalibur. Are you offering that?

MR. LITT: Yes, Your Honor. Mr. Armstrong testified that went along with a copy of the manuscript.

THE COURT: Any objection?

MR. FLYNN: Only that it should be put with the manuscript.

THE COURT: Where is the manuscript?

MR. LITT: It is under seal. It is unpublished. And we don't intend to introduce it, Your Honor.

THE COURT: I'll just leave it as it is.
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a1/4814.php

Declaration of Gerald Armstrong Page 15 – 16
Plaintiff agrees to return the following: (a) All originals and copies of the manuscript for the work "Excalibur" written by L. Ron Hubbard; (b) All originals and copies of documents commonly known as the "Affirmations" written by L. Ron Hubbard.
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50k/legal/a1/2149.php

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Soderqvist1: Druggy hallucinations or schizophrenic hallucinations? I claim both and I also claim that he wrote the book Excalibur!

Evidence for Excalibur

It seems that Hubbard toyed with Excalibur thing for a number of years. He had already made it a part of his legend: a book, he claimed, that was so disturbing that anybody who read it was compelled to attempt suicide.

Here's what Forrest Ackerman said about the Hubturd, and Excalibur (from Russel Miller's book):
"He also said that as he shopped the manuscript around, the people who read it either went insane or committed suicide. The last time he showed it to a publisher, he was sitting in an office waiting for a reader to give his opinion. The reader walked into the office, tossed the manuscript on the desk and then threw himself out of the window. Ron would not tell me much about Excalibur except that if you read it you would find all fear would be totally drained from you. I could never see what was wrong with that or why that would cause anyone to commit suicide."​

Cool story, bro... but this left Hubbard with a problem: he really, really wanted to be the author of such a book, but nothing he wrote did any such thing. That's why it remains unpublished: not because it's a terrifying document that causes people to go nuts... but because it doesn't. It's another outpoint; one more piece of the Hubbard legend that would prove itself to be false as soon as people were given a chance to look it over. Nothing he managed to write, in the remainder of his life, proved sufficiently remarkable to inherit the 'Excalibur' legend... so it had to remain vapourware.

He may have tried, in draft form, but the results were obviously tripe. That wouldn't normally stop him from publishing (look at the Mission: Earth debacle) but with the Excalibur legend he'd fast-talked himself into a corner.

Did he hallucinate about it? Not as such: he simply lied about it. Although in his later years his dementia may have caused him to believe his own nonsense.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
I'm not going to argue with you about the exact mental illness(es) a person who has been dead and gone for more than a quarter of a century may have suffered from.

It would appear that we both agree he was mentally ill, and we would both agree that he was a con-man... why does it matter whether we're talking about paranoia, paranoid schizophrenia, narcissistic personality disorder, morbid jealousy, delusions of grandeur, compulsive lying or a number of other things? I think it really doesn't matter at all. Certainly, he was a very disturbed individual. He may well have seen things... but the examples you provided didn't seem to relate to hallucinations. There were also a number of factual errors in your accounts, such as alleging that Hubbard's armed trawler, YP-422, was armed with torpedoes. It had no such weapon. (Incidentally, despite what you said above, "I provided a link to his military files"... your OP contains no links, as far as I can see.)

You weaken your arguments when the evidence you present contains a number of loose threads at which anybody who has studied the history of the Scientology cult can tug. The whole thing will tend to unravel... which was probably not your intention. I'm not trying to be mean but when you're trying to undo the evils of Scientology, you really need to nail your facts down, because you're dealing with some very slippery characters.

My goal was never to “undo the evils of Scientology” as you put it. Scientology is evil regardless of whether Hubbard was a conman or madman.

Perhaps, Hubbard’s mental state does not mean much for the ex-Scientologists like you and I. But the active Scientologists who visit this board (some of them are even the members of the board) deserve to know that they are trapped inn the hallucinatory world of the lunatic.

I gave links to the documents that provide facts mentioned in my post. The links are not in the original post but in my response to Veda's post.

You keep saying that torpedos were not used to attack the non-existent Japanese submarine. Probably, you're right -- some other weapons were used to attack it. But this is such inessential detail that I do not see how it affects my presentation.
You, on the other hand, were wrong when you wrote that the shelling of a Mexican Island occurred as the result of military exercises. Follow the link to the Hubbard military files that I provided in my response to Veda's post to see that there were no military exercises in the area that Hubbard ordered to shell.

The only link that I have not given so far is the one to Hubbard's letter to the Arrorney General where he says that he was electrocuted and the needle was run through his heart. I can provide that link in the future if you insist.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
I forgot to discuss the “confidentiality of the OT data” in the original article, so I’m going to do it now.

Why the OT data is confidential? Perhaps, Hubbard and his followers came to conclusion that this data is so farfetched that it could thwart potential recruits from Scientology. This explanation seems to be reasonable because there is no other.

However, Hubbard did try to make the OT data public when he wrote the screenplay, Revolt in the Stars (incidentally, this screenplay made me leave the cult). Hubbard tried to sell the screenplay to a movie production company, but his work was of a such poor quality that no one was interested in it.

This idiotic screenplay is based on the OT data, Xenu and the volcanoes are in it.
Why did Hubbard want to make the OT data public? The usual explanation is that he had a huge ego and wanted to become famous, sort of. But this is not a good explanation because making OT data public would cause serious damage to his cash cow, CoS; Hubbard must have known that if he were a conman.

I think that Hubbard told the truth when he explained his reason for putting the OT data in public domain -- he said that this data will re-stimulate the population’s implants, which would make them more susceptible to Scientology. For him his hallucinations about Xenu and staff were real.

phénix

Patron with Honors
Even before the OT stuff, the excalibur book was supposed to drive people insane no?
It's possible he believed it, same for the OT stuff...

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Even before the OT stuff, the excalibur book was supposed to drive people insane no?
It's possible he believed it, same for the OT stuff...

It's also possible he "mocked it up". I've never heard of a real copy of "Excalibur" existing. Hubbard knew that occultists believed this sort of crap, regardless of whether he did, so he sold them a line of bullshit, because they were stupid and credulous enough to believe him about it.

He knew the power of positive thinking, affirmations, autohypnosis, etc., and regardless of whether he believed it before he said it, he probably did believe it after he said it. Hubbard seems to have perennially been a believer in and victim of his own lies.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Perhaps at the end...
I was told by Hana Eltringham that back when she was Deputy Commodore, Hubbard remarked in an off hand fashion, while she was following him down a passageway on the Apollo, about the whole ball of wax that is scientology, the sea org, etc etc...

"It's all just hypnosis"

Precisely. That's both true and false.

There is a real world, but the way we perceive it is ALWAYS through some sort of programming: hypnosis.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Poor old Ron didn't see enemies on a Mexican island; he merely conducted gunnery practice there, without permission to anchor away from harbour at night, nor to bombard the territory of neutral Mexico. He was found to be in error, and relieved of command... but he wasn't found to be hallucinating.

You, on the other hand, were wrong when you wrote that the shelling of a Mexican Island occurred as the result of military exercises.

No: LRH wasn't taking part in a military exercise, and I never said he was. He was disobeying orders when he anchored his vessel overnight, away from port. He had no orders to conduct gunnery practice either. He mistakenly believed that the Coronados Islands were US territory, rather than part of Mexico. (Which is kind of dumb, for the commander of an armed vessel when his nation is at war, but there you go. He wouldn't command a warship again.) No military exercise, and no valid reason for gunnery exercises. Just Hubbard's ego exercising its "droit du seigneur", and overstepping the mark as usual.

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Evidence for Hubbard’s hallucinations because he was a paranoid schizophrenic

Soderqvist1: L. Ron Hubbard did know that it was something wrong with him after the War as can be seen in his Bolivar Policy!

Exhibit 25 - RESPONSIBILITIES OF LEADERS -Section on "seven things about power, "HCO PL 12 February 1967

Bolivars Errors
Not to compare with Bolivar but to show my understanding of this:
I once had a similar one. "I would keep going as long as I could and when I was 'stopped I would then die." This was a solution mild enough to state and really hard to understand until you had an' inkling of what I meant by keeping going. Meteors keep going—very, very fast. And so did I. Then one day ages back, I finally was stopped after countless little stoppings by social contacts an family to prepare me, culminating in a navy more devoted to braid than dead enemies and literally I quit. For a while I couldn't get a clue of what was wrong with me. Life went completely unlivable until I found a new solution. So I know the frailty of these single solutions. Not to compare myself but just to show it happens to us all, not just Bolivars
http://www.scribd.com/doc/80501927/...econd-Declaration-of-Lance-Marcor-27-Sep-2010

Soderqvist1: He wrote to the Veteran Administration 1947 and begged for psychiatric treatment because he was suicidal!
http://www.xenu.net/archive/ronthenut/beg.htm

Soderqvist1: senior psychiatrist Ulf Brettstam from Sweden has analyses is inner thought and this below is quote from his Affirmation which was wrote 1947 when he fired on the Mexican coast!

LRH: I carried this fear of the disease to sea with me. I was reprimanded in San Diego in mid-43 for firing on the Mexican coast and was removed from command of my ship. This on top of having sunk two Japsubs without credit, the way my crew lied for me at the Court of Inquiry, the insults of the High Command, all combined to put me in the hospital with ulcers.

UB: Firing on the Mexican coast? To what purpose? Could very well indicate a short psychotic break with delusions and/or visual hallucinations. Did he or did he not sink any Jap sub? If not , he is still delusional. Not being credited for the alleged event and removed from the ship, indicates the latter . One would expect the US navy to have the facts and therefore the removal of LRH as a rational decision. Accusing the crew of lying and the High Command of insults , must be considered as evidence of his deteriorated mental state of paranoia.

LRH: I returned to sea as navigator of a large ship and was subsequently selected for the Military Government School at Princeton whither I went in 1944-45 for three months. During my Princeton sojourn I was very tired and harrassed (sp?) and spent week-ends with a writer friend in Philadelphia. He almost forced me to sleep with his wife. Meanwhile I had a affair with a woman named Ferne. Somehow, perhaps because I had constantly wet feet and no sleep at Princeton, I contracted a staphloceus infection. I mistook it for gonnhorea and until I arrived at Monterey, believed my old illness had returned. I consulted a doctor there who reassured me. This affair again depressed my libido. The staphloceus infection has not entirely vanished, appearing as rheumatism which only small doses of stilbestrol will remove. The hormone further reduces my libido and I am nearly impotent.

UB: His fatigue and perception of being harrassed in combination with hypochondria and reduced libido certainly strenghtens the suggestion of further development of his paranoic schizophrenia.

UB: SUMMARY
There is little question about LRH suffering from paranoic schizophrenia at the time he wrote the above. Predominant symptoms are auditive and likely visual hallucinations together with numbed emotions, suicidal thoughts , extremely low selfworth, impotence , thought disturbances and problems with articulation and memory. His fatigue and indolence together with the anhedonia is the typical low energy , low vigilance and numbed emotions found in the domaine of so called negative symtoms in this disease . He is fighting a hard battle with inner psychological conflicts, balancing between the depressed state with suicidal thoughts and the Godlike, allmighty powerful "chosen" one with special gifts and blessed with an inner "Guardian".
The Church of Scientology and its methods is merely the reflection of this seriously sick mans inner world. Constantly on guard against percieved critique and attacks from the hostile surrounding environments. Obsessed with money , not only as a mean of survival but as an instrument of power and evidence of success.

Ulf Brettstam
Senior psychiatrist

The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder [L. Ron Hubbard]. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a
pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements. The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egoism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness
and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile." -- Judge Paul G. Breckenridge, Jr., 6/20/84 (Scientology v. Armstrong, affirmed on appeal 232 Cal.App.3rd 1060, 283 Cal.Rptr. 917.)
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-admissions-psychiatric-eval.html

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

he wrote the screenplay, Revolt in the Stars

-snip-

Hubbard wrote Revolt in the Stars after the 1977 FBI raid, when he was in the early stages of his nervous breakdown of that period. It was probably something that he used to take his mind off less pleasant matters. For Hubbard, writing was always therapeutic. He was happy, or happier, when he wrote, and - at the time - probably couldn't think of anything else to write about. One reason nothing came of it was that the project was dropped. Hubbard abandoned the project.

OT 3 of 1967 came about during an earlier nervous breakdown, after Hubbard's failures in Rhodesia. OT 3 was probably Hubbard's explanation to himself as to why he, the magnificent Hubbard, failed in Rhodesia. Obviously, there had to be something gigantic, such as a super-engram - a 4th dynamic interplanetary super engram - that explained why people (wogs) were laughing at him when he "sat down at the piano."

Kind of like the "engram necessary to resolve the case" of 1950, only, this time, it was the super-engram necessary to explain why Hubbard failed. This "discovery" and explanation provided Hubbard with renewed self confidence, and he became the "Commodore."

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard wrote Revolt in the Stars after the 1977 FBI raid, when he was in the early stages of his nervous breakdown of that period. It was probably something that he used to take his mind off less pleasant matters. For Hubbard, writing was always therapeutic. He was happy, or happier, when he wrote, and - at the time - probably couldn't think of anything else to write about. One reason nothing came of it was that the project was dropped. Hubbard abandoned the project.

OT 3 of 1967 came about during an earlier nervous breakdown, after Hubbard's failures in Rhodesia. OT 3 was probably Hubbard's explanation to himself as to why he, the magnificent Hubbard, failed in Rhodesia. Obviously, there had to be something gigantic, such as a super-engram - a 4th dynamic interplanetary super engram - that explained why people (wogs) were laughing at him when he "sat down at the piano."

Kind of like the "engram necessary to resolve the case" of 1950, only, this time, it was the super-engram necessary to explain why Hubbard failed. This "discovery" and explanation provided Hubbard with renewed self confidence, and he became the "Commodore."
Regarding Revolt in the Stars -- Hubbard did complete the project because he wrote about the capture and demise of Xenu, there was nothing more to write about. If the project were only of therapeutic value to him, he would have kept this data confidential, just like he kept the OT data confidential. But he tried to find a movie production company that would make a movie out of his screenplay.
When I got a Xerox copy of the book, it was not on the Internet yet, now it is on te internet where everyone can see it.

“"A wide field of PR activities will at once open up and present itself for use based on the symbols in the film and the results of surveys afterwards. We should be prepared for this. Proper positioning tech would be used in any cover business, corporation, etc., to increase alignment with the mental and spiritual vectors thus developed. Thirdly, the film itself is to be viable, allowing a wide range of follow-up items and literature and a thrust from the public to be developed which can be channelled toward the orgs." "Most importantly, since the events portrayed are true, there will be a degree of as-isness of the interlocking bank structure on the planet, thus making our job a bit easier. Any OT project being developed or in progress is to be made aware of these points in regard to RTS."

L Ron Hubbard

http://www.scientology-cult.com/revolt-in-the-stars.html

Here Hubbard explains how, in his view, a movie based on OT data would influence the general population. It does not look to me that he wrote this screenplay just to entertain himself -- he had a clear goal of promoting Scientology in mind. But that also shows that he believed that the OT data is real.

Frankly, I wish that a film producer had made a movie based on the Hubbard script -- it would have been a tremendous blow to Scientology because all its potential recruits could have just rented a copy of the film to see for themselves what kind of garbage in a religious wrapping Hubbard was trying to sell to them. Hubbard truly believed that “ the events portrayed are true”; otherwise, he would not have not produced the screenplay. In other words, he believed that his own hallucinations are real.

Veda

Sponsor
Regarding Revolt in the Stars -- Hubbard did complete the project because he wrote about the capture and demise of Xenu, there was nothing more to write about.

-snip-

-snip-

No, Hubbard did not complete the project. There was no film. There was - soon after - however, a book, and plans for a film based on that book, and the book was called 'Battlefield Earth'. It was an awful movie, yet it was made anyway. Why? Because it was LRH Intention that it be made.

'Battlefield Earth' was also written for therapy (therapeutic distraction), and also to be used to promote Scientology.

Hubbard's instructions in his 'Advices' re. Battlefield Earth, used as a vehicle for promoting Scientology, sound a lot like his instructions for 'Revolt in the Stars'. The same kind of self-assured silliness.

'Revolt in the Stars' as (a book and) a movie never happened because Hubbard changed his mind about it.

Hubbard had instructed that R6 symbols - and implant content - be used to forward Scientology for a long time. The Sea Org symbol is an old R6 related symbol, the book covers that appeared in 1968 consisted of R6 images, etc.

So 'Revolt in the Stars' took it a step further, but then Hubbard had second thoughts about that.

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
No, Hubbard did not complete the project. There was no film. There was - soon after - however, a book, and plans for a film based on that book, and the book was called 'Battlefield Earth'. It was an awful movie, yet it was made anyway. Why? Because it was LRH Intention that it be made.

'Battlefield Earth' was also written for therapy (therapeutic distraction), and also to be used to promote Scientology.

Hubbard's instructions in his 'Advices' re. Battlefield Earth, used as a vehicle for promoting Scientology, sound a lot like his instructions for 'Revolt in the Stars'. The same kind of self-assured silliness.

'Revolt in the Stars' as (a book and) a movie never happened because Hubbard changed his mind about it.

Hubbard had instructed that R6 symbols - and implant content - be used to forward Scientology for a long time. The Sea Org symbol is an old R6 related symbol, the book covers that appeared in 1968 consisted of R6 images, etc.

So 'Revolt in the Stars' took it a step further, but then Hubbard had second thoughts about that.

Very insightful Veda!!

Poor Teri Gamboa, a messanger, "drew the short straw" and got that job of getting Revolt in the Stars made into a major motion picture. It was an impossible mission from the start, regardless of whether that "script" was good or bad.

The contract that anyone making with movie had to sign included the fact that Hubbard had injunctive relief in his right to stop the movie from being released if he wanted changes. He even wrote that as the movie production progressed, he would go into session so as to be able to say what people were wearing back then, what the scenery should be like, etc.

OMG talk about mission impossible!!11!!. Can you imagine some studio being willing to agree to spend millions and then they give away injunctive relief to some author who is going to keep make them reshoot things each time he comes out of "session"? Like noooooooooo they wore red hats not green - reshoot!! The bad guys wore patches saying they were from the American Psych Association (some 75,000,000 years before America was even named or there was an APA) - reshoot! Whatever the examples, they are not going to agree to such a deal.

Sorry none of that was ever going to happen!

I met with Randy Eaten (spelling?) back then and talked about his efforts in getting the movie picked up through his company "A Brilliant Film Company" and Randy was all excited that they could do it. He spoke of how they could write a beginning to a script like there was some earthquake and some rocks moved in the ocean only to reveal a time capsule hidden for over 75,000,000 years.

Scuba divers found it and brought it to the US government who played it (as luck would have it, we have the same types of movie players today as they did back in Xenu's home planet some 75,000,000 years ago)!!! And, of course all scuba divers bring their finds to the US government right off the bat.

Well anyway the moment where the movie in the time capsule starts to play is where Hubbard's "script" starts.

After the movie basically about Incident II of OT III plays, the evil boss in the US government, recognizing all this as totally true, gives out a wicked, evil laugh and decides to hide it from the rest of mankind (so that the US government can continue suppressing mankind I guess). Somehow we are to draw the conclusion that the US government is willingly still carrying out Xenu's evil plan. (You got to give that much to Xenu, he's persistant)!!!!

Anyway that was Randy's idea. Randy had raised/was raising a million or two to be used in lining up the big bucks (then $50,000,000 or so) needed to produce a blockbuster. OR to be used to somehow get a studio to be willing to spend that kind of money.

What Randy did not know, and I did not initially tell him, was the Hubbard was pissed that there were no results to date and felt he was a crim or some such for "wasting" initial seed money.

I had to get the script basically out of the frying pan (A Brilliant Film Company) and into the fire (the hands of Myron Robinson and his wife - I forget her name). My gawd in speaking with those two I even thought they were crazy but somehow, through someone, they seemed to have Hubbard convinced they were the ones to do it.

The whole thing was a joke IMO and of course it died. My goodness but how could anyone have made this happen under the constant demands of Hubbard who was IMO crazy.

Anyway that is a tiny piece of the story too.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious

I do not see the connection between Revolt in the Stars and Battlefield Earth -- Revolt is based on OT 3 data, Battlefield is not. As Hubbard wrote, Revolt’s purpose was to promote Scientology, but Battlefield has nothing to do with the cult.

I heard that Hubbard tried to sell the revolt script to a movie company but no one was interested in it, so it was not a change of heart for him -- he was getting ready to reveal the OT data to the world.

One isolated fact does not prove that Hubbard had hallucinations, but totality of the facts in conjunction with the most probable explanations of them does.

Did Hubbard believe in existence of the implant stations? The answer to this question depends on where he located them. A conman would tell his followers that the stations were placed on another planets (Mars, etc), so they would not caught him red-handed. Indeed, Hubbard said that some implant stations are located outside earth. But he also said that some were built on our planet.

“not really interested in Earth at all, as such, because Earth is a heavy gravity planet, and who the hell wants a heavy gravity planet! Earth would be much better off lying in chunks in an orbit around the sun. But naturally, that's a pretty rough assignment, blowing up something this size and putting it around, so nobody would do that.

But completely aside from that fact, Earth has been used consistently as a prison; and it is a prison, and it is heavily screened. There are installations in Mongolia, there are installations in the Pyrenees here on Earth, and there are installations down in the Mountains ot the Moon in Africa which pick up, very often, people on death. "
From "Role of Earth", 30 October 1952:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html

Obviously, Hubbard believed that the implant stations are real; otherwise he would have kept them far, far away from the earth thus making discovery of them impossible.

Here is a suggestion for the Scientologists: You do not have to wait until CoS release OT 15 data, or whatever the highest OT level is -- follow Hubbard’s map ant find the implant stations in Mongolia, and blow them up.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I think that maybe some drugs that don't usually cause hallucinations can sometimes do so. But I'm not a medical person. I suspect you are right re his hallucinating on his own.

An example of that would be his last year where he's raving in the night about demons.