What's new

Was in for 10 years, left quietly 5 years ago.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Exactly! I was in for 31(ish) years.

The Basics struck me as such a fraud. I had a friend who wrote a novel. The editing process was such a harrowing thing: friends read and pointed out errors, re-wrote, re checked, re wrote, several times, then sent to professional editors who sent back corrections which were incorporated and resent to the editors :several times:and eventually were accepted and the book was published!

My God! the errors we found! Words misspelled, other errors found... but sill, the book was published! Yay!

Ron, apparently, couldn't be bothered. He never re-looked at his books? The Basic Books? He never gave a second look at the most basic texts of his "religion?" I don't buy it.

His biggest claim to fame was as "Author." yet he couldn't give a crap about how his "religious" texts were presented?

Sorry. No.

I don't buy it.

DM is a lying sack of shit.

I, personally, had a foot in the "wog world" from day one and was never a "dyed-in-the-wool" scn.

The Basics, combined with the abuse of a friend of mine lead to my departure from scn.

Cancer means: do something different.

When you don't do something different, different shit happens.

Mountain View Org staff: Ignore cancer patience at your peril!

You fucking blew it. You think you know something, you don't know shit!

Jack Straw

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
You're right, Jack.

One of the rationales about the Basics is that the final work did not match the initial notes. I've written sections of product manuals. As with novels, the writing goes through a long process, from initial notes, through many drafts where the text gets checked and revised. With ANY author, he gets the final copy, and it's his job to review it before it goes out.

And they tell me that didn't happen?

The books were used in all the auditor courses. LRH conducted lots of those courses in the early days.

And he didn't notice?

The real push behind the basics was to get everything issued under new copyright, with DM in control of the copyrights.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I've been wanting to post on this thread (and come back to the forum) for a while now, but I've been busy putting the final touches on the rewrite of my memoir, which is almost predominately about the cult. Okay, maybe half of it is. It's all intertwined because I was a Scientologist for at least a good 17 years but I did a lot of other things in my life. There is a lot of crap about Scientology and how it works and how mind controlling it was, for me. I got into it at a young age and in an odd way and wasn't really grounded/rooted hard into it until I was more like 19 when I joined staff. After that I was more like a pod.

I eased out in anger when I was about 30, but I still didn't recognize it as a cult for another year, then I wasn't "mad" yet. I was traumatized. I mean really fucked up. For years. It took me a while to tell my Scientology friends that I was in no way shape or form "in." It took a long time for it all to get through the grapevine that I was posting on ARS and all that. I still talk to a few people and they know exactly how I feel and know that I'm writing a negative book about the cult too. They know they won't be able to speak to me after it gets published. It's pretty stupid. It's a stupid "rule" that we can't just all have our own thoughts.

Talk about masturbation and sexual histories, in the cult you're made to feel horribly about just about any kind of thought -- thoughts! I have been interrogated in rooms at Flag for other things: thoughts, not sexual, but it doesn't even matter. Once they think you're wrong about something, they can be like, like, like I don't know. Insane? They make it so you're so stifled, you cannot move a centimeter in any direction. You are completely under their thumb and in their power and your life is no longer your own.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Exactly! I was in for 31(ish) years.

The Basics struck me as such a fraud. I had a friend who wrote a novel. The editing process was such a harrowing thing: friends read and pointed out errors, re-wrote, re checked, re wrote, several times, then sent to professional editors who sent back corrections which were incorporated and resent to the editors :several times:and eventually were accepted and the book was published!

My God! the errors we found! Words misspelled, other errors found... but sill, the book was published! Yay!

Ron, apparently, couldn't be bothered. He never re-looked at his books? The Basic Books? He never gave a second look at the most basic texts of his "religion?" I don't buy it.

His biggest claim to fame was as "Author." yet he couldn't give a crap about how his "religious" texts were presented?

Sorry. No.

I don't buy it.

DM is a lying sack of shit.

I, personally, had a foot in the "wog world" from day one and was never a "dyed-in-the-wool" scn.

The Basics, combined with the abuse of a friend of mine lead to my departure from scn.

Cancer means: do something different.

When you don't do something different, different shit happens.

Mountain View Org staff: Ignore cancer patience at your peril!

You fucking blew it. You think you know something, you don't know shit!

Jack Straw

I've got bugger all to write on the thread, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to find someone who knows the difference between 'dyed in the wool' and 'died in the wool!' :biggrin:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Talk about masturbation and sexual histories, in the cult you're made to feel horribly about just about any kind of thought -- thoughts! I have been interrogated in rooms at Flag for other things: thoughts, not sexual, but it doesn't even matter. Once they think you're wrong about something, they can be like, like, like I don't know. Insane? They make it so you're so stifled, you cannot move a centimeter in any direction. You are completely under their thumb and in their power and your life is no longer your own.

The main power they have over you, is to declare you guilty of something, and thus you must "make amends" (either that, or it gives them a reason to charge you for a bunch of auditing for "sec checks").

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

― Ayn Rand, from the novel "Atlas Shrugged"

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
There is a LRH lecture from the 4th London ACC (5510C14 - Exteriorization and Interiorization) where the old man equates being in to being trapped and being out to being free.

In this lecture, he avers that an essential component of trapping someone is giving them false choices; giving them a false sense of control.

No better place to do that than in the closed world of a cult.

:)

Last edited:

anon1

Patron
Just had lunch with my scn friend. We were talking about my other friend who left the sea org a couple of years ago. He asked me why the girl had left the sea org and i said that she was treated like a slave and why would anyone voluntarily stay in. The friend I was having lunch with then said 'Oh yeah things were so crazy before those two SPs left. They made everything so bad in the sea org.' I just looked at her and raised my eyebrows. I said 'do you mean Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun?' 'Yes', she said. And then I pointed out that they left because things were so shit. That Mike dedicated his entire life to it. She is currently receiving NED. It's so bad. I just want to shake her.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just had lunch with my scn friend. We were talking about my other friend who left the sea org a couple of years ago. He asked me why the girl had left the sea org and i said that she was treated like a slave and why would anyone voluntarily stay in. The friend I was having lunch with then said 'Oh yeah things were so crazy before those two SPs left. They made everything so bad in the sea org.' I just looked at her and raised my eyebrows. I said 'do you mean Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun?' 'Yes', she said. And then I pointed out that they left because things were so shit. That Mike dedicated his entire life to it. She is currently receiving NED. It's so bad. I just want to shake her.

So many ways to open the door and throw in a few truth seeds. I think I would have agreed with her that it is all so confusing that former top staff had left and I wonder why 100's if not thousands of top of the bridge OT have also left. Then comment, ' I hope you do well on your NED and that you don't have problems like all the OTs who have left. I mean OMG what is going on for this to happen? Just let me know if you have problems I'll see if I can help you out.'

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
$30k every 6 months?!? Who can afford that. The Basics period was BAD for the public but an absolute horror show for staff and SO.

I remember this poor gay guy who was on staff, he was OT V and supposedly 'cured' and then someone found out he was still sleeping with his ex boyfriend. I often think about him and hope he's ok. Imagine sitting there reading SOS and that you're basically a deviant piece of s***. One of the reasons I find it hard to stay friends with scn I have known for years is their attitude towards homosexuality.

Well done for getting out. I remember the Basics campaign very well. People were encouraged to spend their last dime on those basics sets. Since then there has been a ton of new releases. How do people keep up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
She believes it was Marty and Mike because SHE WANTS TO HAVE SOMETHING TO BLAME IT ON - so she can "get up the Bridge".
NED SUCKS - really bad. She will most likely waste more money and time grinding away at that crap and rip off "service" NED - she will soon get disillusioned and blow. Most of them do.:yes:

She will be really pissed if she ever figures out they are looking for the Clear Cognition: "I am mocking up my reactive mind but can stop it and control it"

...instead of "getting rid" of the reactive mind as promised many times over - by the fat fucker con artist and malignant narcisist
- L Ron Hubbard.

Last edited:

anon1

Patron
Update. Sad to say an acquaintance who has been being groomed for the last couple of years just bought their clear package.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Update. Sad to say an acquaintance who has been being groomed for the last couple of years just bought their clear package.. Decent, intelligent people with so much to live for. I can only watch hopelessly as one of them is constantly being told her boyfriend is an sp and she needs to leave him because he is against the cult. Both of these people are vulnerable and their weaknesses are being preyed upon. I have tried to warn both of them but the love bombing from the cult is blinding them completely.

Sometimes, there are just no good solutions. As with alcoholics and drug addicts, Scientologists are going to do what they are going to do, and will respond with anger towards people who tell them they are on a bad path. They will continue to hurt the people around them until THEY hit a point which makes them desire to change their lives.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have stories about statutory rape of a girl who is currently in the SO.

I know another girl who is now late 20s who was sexually abused when she was 8 years old by her step father. Her mother was on staff when this was happening (she is still on staff) and when she found out she said 'everyone has a bank' (!!!!!!!!) She made her husband do ethics conditions, he got a Type B declare. This is what happens when the Church finds out that someone has committed a crime which could potentially put the church at risk if the police were to find out what he did. BUT THEY DON'T GO TO THE POLICE OR INSIST THE VICTIMS INVOLVED GO TO THE POLICE. This girl is so brainwashed, she never went to police. Btw when I say sexually abused, I'm not talking fondling. This is the most disgusting, repulsive form or sexual abuse.

I have so many stories about being on staff during those years of Ideal Orgs and the Basics coming out. I wish I could be more specific but I can't at this point.

Belated welcome, anon1.
I'd like to suggest that you NOT post any details co your knowledge of the sexual abuse here, at this time. Your post (above) doubtlessly has gotten the full attention of OSA, and I would, instead, suggest that you reach out to Tony Ortega at [email protected] or Mike Rinder at his blog with this information. They'll fully respect your need for confidentiality, and you'll be getting your information into the right hands. You can also PM me if you like.
Again, welcome, and thank you for speaking out.

anon1

Patron
Sometimes, there are just no good solutions. As with alcoholics and drug addicts, Scientologists are going to do what they are going to do, and will respond with anger towards people who tell them they are on a bad path. They will continue to hurt the people around them until THEY hit a point which makes them desire to change their lives.

I think you're right. You do have to treat them as if they are addicts.

anon1

Patron
Belated welcome, anon1.
I'd like to suggest that you NOT post any details co your knowledge of the sexual abuse here, at this time. Your post (above) doubtlessly has gotten the full attention of OSA, and I would, instead, suggest that you reach out to Tony Ortega at [email protected] or Mike Rinder at his blog with this information. They'll fully respect your need for confidentiality, and you'll be getting your information into the right hands. You can also PM me if you like.
Again, welcome, and thank you for speaking out.

Thanks for letting me know. To be honest, at this point I care a lot less if they find who I am. I literally just don't care anymore.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I'm glad you are here, anon1, that you came back again. If I may make a suggestion, please. I can appreciate your desire to speak your mind with your Scn friends, but, at some point, you might find that they will have been indoctrinated enough to disconnected from you, or chosen to because of your attitude. I am not saying that the emotions you feel are not important. I am only saying that being critical of Scientology to it's believers, rarely if ever, provokes a person to leave. Wishing you the best!

Annie Bunny

"Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.
Imagine how many stories like there are. It's the culture of disregard for children being children and of putting the security of the orgs first that means there will be hundreds of incidents like this. What made you leave Scn? I've been voraciously listening to Cum Get Sum, Surviving Scientology and Sensibly Speaking podcasts. It's really opened up my eyes to a part of my life I had been desperately trying to bury. It's uplifting reading about other people leaving.
Hi. i have never posted anything. Pretty new here. I was in the SO long time ago and left fast. Sent from LA to another country. Quite a nightmare .But I kept saying I never knew or heard of any stories of pedophilia. Reading this stories is so upsetting. I believe you. I saw many ways of corruption and I suffered of physical abuse as soon as I said I wanted out. I got married then pregnant in that order and another SO member almost hit me one day for wanting to leave.( he didnt do ot because I was ready to strike nack) Anyway, even after all that I wanted to believe scientologist would not Tolerate sexual abuse of minors. Seeing the neglect of children was heartbreaking for me .But everytime I tried to fix somethig or complained ( KRs) just got me in more trouble. The abuse and neglect of children is the most horrible thing and those guilty Should be in jail. All churches do the same thing. Just shuffle their pedophiles from one church to another or let them go quietly. Shame on them.

Last edited: