Was L Ron Hubbard Homosexual ?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Assuming they lived ? Yes.

Good point. Lots of times, people would go "over the rainbow", go off on extended confidential missions, blow, or otherwise never seen or heard from again. It was accepted that people would be there one day, gone the next, and asking questions was not encouraged.

Whatever happened to Shelly Miscavige? Where is she now?

How many people on the "why are they dead?" list died because they could reveal too much?

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Judging by the number of wives and girlfriends of his followers he screwed, I would suggest he was hetro.

He was certainly homophobic. His reaction to seeing John Mac and Aristotle, the ship's tailor "trying to occupy the same space", showed he did not like gays.

Dart

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Judging by the number of wives and girlfriends of his followers he screwed, I would suggest he was hetro.

He was certainly homophobic. His reaction to seeing John Mac and Aristotle, the ship's tailor "trying to occupy the same space", showed he did not like gays.

Dart

And it is the homophobicness that leads me to question was he also homosexual as would seem to follow from his teaching ?

I mean, folks, get real anyone going off on homosexuality exactly like Ron has would get them sec checked up the wazoo - is that not true?

How come what applies to the rest of the world ( the sacred tech of LRH ) somehow does not apply at all to LRH ?

What the fuck did I miss ?
I mean come on, Today IF you complained your way underage daughter was sexually molested by an adult staff member you can bet your life YOU would be sec checked for sexual overts against children. ( That ain't hypothetical folks! )

LRH, face facts, did complain & speak, well, poorly of homosexuals.

So, with LRH wailing about homosexuals? C'mon. The old boy, well, what does the tech ( after all, it is infallible ) say ?

How could it be any different ?

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
The Rhodesia episode shows that the Old Scratch had homosexual tendencies. However, not all people who have homosexual desires act upon them. We may never know if Hubbard had gay sex.

Sure he did, in the workings he undertook with Parsons. They were engaging in all sorts of sex magic.

I think he may have been gay, personally. I was just re-reading the Admissions and he spends a disproportionate amount of time trying to convince himself that he's so attracted to women and in the middle of it, he drops "You feel only friendship for Jack Parsons."

??

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Sure he did, in the workings he undertook with Parsons. They were engaging in all sorts of sex magic.

I think he may have been gay, personally. I was just re-reading the Admissions and he spends a disproportionate amount of time trying to convince himself that he's so attracted to women and in the middle of it, he drops "You feel only friendship for Jack Parsons."
??

The old boy was a blowhard ?

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think some of you are confusing "cross dressing" with being gay - they are separate issues. Of course, cross dressers can be gay but I'm aware of far more cross dressing men who are straight than gay. (This is a different species than drag queens I might add, who are almost always gay.)

Cross dressers are divided into two main categories - those who simply feel more comfortable dressed as the opposite sex and those who get a major sexual thrill and fetishisize cross dressing. Many of the men who get a sexual thrill from cross dressing are straight.

This is also different from gender dismorphia, or those who feel they were born the wrong sex. However you will find quite a few transgendered people cross dressing because it feels natural to them. they won't think of it as cross dressing, but merely dressing as their true gender.

Yeah to all of this, and as a female... I think Eddie Izzard is pretty hot and it's made me kind of curious if I'd ever meet a guy who would have the balls to cross-dress. :biggrin: uh, not holding my breath...

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
And it is the homophobicness that leads me to question was he also homosexual as would seem to follow from his teaching ?

I mean, folks, get real anyone going off on homosexuality exactly like Ron has would get them sec checked up the wazoo - is that not true?

How come what applies to the rest of the world ( the sacred tech of LRH ) somehow does not apply at all to LRH ?

What the fuck did I miss ?
I mean come on, Today IF you complained your way underage daughter was sexually molested by an adult staff member you can bet your life YOU would be sec checked for sexual overts against children. ( That ain't hypothetical folks! )

LRH, face facts, did complain & speak, well, poorly of homosexuals.

So, with LRH wailing about homosexuals? C'mon. The old boy, well, what does the tech ( after all, it is infallible ) say ?

How could it be any different ?

I don't know, it might be just the orgs I worked at, but railing against "homos" would be no reason for a sec-check. It would not be looked at as natter, it'd be a 'correct indication' and considered an on-source reaction. If, in session, you complained about a homosexual doing XYZ, you'd pull that particular overt (the XYZ and not the homo stuff)-- and then only go into the gay stuff if it accompanied real natter or a dirty needle. The fact LRH railed against it gave the 'green light' for pc's to rail against it, and auditors and CSes to accept it. Scientology is one big arbitrary.

I know I'm a bit passionate on this subject, but it was one of the things that really helped crack me out of the cult. The gay hate made no sense... in the beginning, I really thought it was an aberration, but after reading so many folders where folks could not be 'cured' and were beating themselves up, and meeting gay couples who stayed together for years and had good relationships while auditing straight couples who had relationships that were... uh..... insane?

Seriously, I don't care what naughty bits connect with opposite or the same; if you have a great relationship, amen.

I actually hope Ron wasn't gay... I know too many amazing gay people who don't want the stigma of him on their history. blech.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Well, I'd have to agree I've known some very fine gay people...bright....funny....creative...caring and it'd be more than sort of fucked if Ron really could be back-doored into that wonderful group.

Maybe I'll have to leave it at he was bat-shit-crazy and did things befetting a straight ( but in every which way all fucked up ) old crazy bastard.

He dabbled ?

petal

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard - the drama queen.
If homosexuality is a 1.1 tone level, everybody has to go through this phase in their bridge ascension.
petal:)