What's new

Was Scientology Founder L Ron Hubbard in South Africa in 1960? If so, why?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Was Scientology Founder L Ron Hubbard in South Africa in 1960? If so, why? What was he doing there?

See the following video at approximately 6:10.

[video=youtube;wmxIxohzjAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmxIxohzjAA[/video]

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

South Africa 1960 pt 2.

LANCE ASTON

Published on Mar 16, 2016

More of me in South Africa. Spot the creator of scientology?

COMMENTS • 1

Sharone Stainforth 2 weeks ago

Hello Lance, I am intrigued by this footage of L. Ron Hubbard and whom I think is Frankie Howerd. Are you the little boy? Do you have any further information? You may not want to commit yourself, but I know an aweful lot of people who would like to know more about this, myself included.

I grew up under L. Ron Hubbard, he was a nasty bastard and what you have here in this video is his charismatic side, interesting, yet very un-nerving to me.

Interesting choices of music.

Thank you for putting this up, and I hope you will embellish on this rare footage.

I am in this video as a young child, late 60s, different scenario all together...

Scientology: The Shrinking World of L. Ron Hubbard ...?

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Undoubtedly minding everybody else's business but his own......

Figuring out how to milk the cash cow in the process. :nervous:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
No doubt. That's him. Looks like a gay party. (Not that there's anything wrong with that lol)

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was Scientology Founder L Ron Hubbard in South Africa in 1960?

lronhubbard.org has an answer:
In late 1960, L. Ron Hubbard traveled from his home at Saint Hill Manor for an extended stay in Johannesburg, South Africa. Among other milestones from his South African sojourn: He authored a "one man, one vote" constitution for apartheid-shackled South Africa. He likewise presented a bill of rights and penal code for equality and justice.

Also by way of milestone statements from atop Linksfield Ridge, he developed introductory routes into Scientology organizations and established new types of organizations - Centers and City Offices - to accommodate fledgling Scientology groups.

"extended stay" is good.... So he arrived in late 1960 in Johannesburg, but:

At the end of December 1960, L. Ron Hubbard traveled 20,000 miles round trip from Johannesburg, South Africa, to Washington, D.C., to give the Anatomy of the Human Mind Congress (31 December 1960 - 1 January 1961) and to open and conduct the first week of the 22nd American Advanced Clinical Course (2 January - 10 January 1961).

It's always all about the money.... therefore later on El Con Hubbard moved back to Johannesburg to sell the same vomit to paying customers:

After giving the Anatomy of the Human Mind Congress and first week of the 22nd American ACC, L. Ron Hubbard flew back to South Africa where he addressed his first South African Congress (21 - 22 January 1961). The six hours of the South African Anatomy Congress are more detailed on the Anatomy Course data than the Washington Congress.

more stoned => more detailed

If so, why?

to fleece people

What was he doing there?

like always: suck

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the house LRH lived in, in Johannesburg. The same one or one just like it is in the video at 5:11:

2258__delwyn-l-ron-hubbard-house-7928-i2e.jpg

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
That candid footage of him is so revealing! Everything about his body language and expression broadcasts the Ron we know so well.

I agree.

Maybe not so many have looked at LRon's 'ideal purpose' in landing in SA, but as far as I have researched it was merely being kicked out of everywhere else, and he really liked the way Apartheid worked, he thought it was a great idea on how to control and isolate the people who were not quite desirable.
Hubbard was a racist shit, he like how the SA system worked, he had advice, not mostly well taken.

Fuck you dead LRon, fuck you cult spawn, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you very much.

:angry:

I saw him once, outside the Hancock headquarters chatting to some staff members. I heard he was negotiating to buy property in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe).