What's new

Was Travolta weird at Oscars last night?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
May I ask, what is with the chain around John T.'s neck?
It's John's high fashion replacement for a tie. He just loves the way it makes him look more manly:

B-hpvu5CcAAipjY.jpg:large

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
BBC:

After getting Idina Menzel's name completely wrong in 2014 ("Adele Dazeem") the Grease star took the stage alongside the US singer to mock himself for his error.

He got her name right this time. But then began stoking and clutching her face
in a creepy manner from which the Frozen star appeared to recoil.

Earlier on the red carpet Scarlett Johansson turned away in apparent disgust as Travolta reached a palm around her waist and appeared to rub her body.

They weren't the only ones feeling uncomfortable.

"Travolta leans in, grosses out" said the Boston Globe, while the Evening Standard dubbed it "the most awkward moment of the Oscars".

The Telegraph's film critic Robbie Collin went further, saying the encounter with Johansson "sums up sexism in Hollywood".

continues: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31544555

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
:ohmy: :duh: Creepy fails... on more than one level. What a difference this is, to that photo of him posing with some guy in the gym, looking really CHEERFUL and happy, with shorter hair, and naturally balding head. Say what you want, I say that "scandalous" snapshot was a huge WIN for him and how I'd like to remember him. :yes: :thumbsup:

Lone Star

Crusader
Well Slappy you might as well shut Celebrity Center in LA down 'cuz your boy JT just drove the final nail in the coffin.

Do ya still have classes for up and coming actors there anymore? It's over baby. O-V-E-R.

Oh and JT, note how Neil Patrick Harris has a successful career...is well respected...and out of the closet! (Pssssst....it's 2015 now)

Jes sayin....

I can be done. Then you don't have to pretend to be a hetero stud. It doesn't work for ya. But you're deluded. A Scientologist. :duh:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Comment from the celebitchy.com thread about the Oscars:

"John Travolta looked like a Liberace animatron. Strange movement. And what’s with all the weird Joe-Biden-creepy-uncle-touching all of a sudden?"

:biggrin:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I got the impression that he had one too many martoonies before going to the Oscars, him being all handsy and creepy. Drunk people can get like that. (I know that from personal experience. lol) Either that or all that auditing has really messed him up.

I would be grossed out and offended if someone icky like him tried that shit on me.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got the impression that he had one too many martoonies before going to the Oscars, him being all handsy and creepy. Drunk people can get like that. (I know that from personal experience. lol)

Either that or all that auditing has really messed him up.

Gotta be the auditing...Too many martoonies (ahem, having imbibed a few here and there, once or twice :whistling:) will sure enough make you all handsy but, the creepy ain't the booze. :no:

Face:)

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Between his "performance" last year and his creep factor this year, I hope not to see him as a presenter next year.

Actually, it's been a mystery to me why he was asked to appear either last year or this year. He has not had a hit movie in a long time. And he's had all those smarmy accusations from various people ranging from a hired masseur to just some poor guy who encountered J.T. in the sauna room of his health club.

If the Academy wants to get a once famous, now-faded star, how about Kevin Costner from that same era? He's still working regularly, doing smaller parts and doing them well. And there are plenty of others whose star has faded but they are still out there acting.

I do appreciate Travolta "jumping the shark" though. His timing could not have been better.

Very weird You can see the video of it here.

[video]http://launch.newsinc.com/69/js/lib/amp.premier/AkamaiPremierPlayer-static.swf[/video]

It's here as well along with more info
John Travolta explains his grab of Idina Menzel’s chin at Oscars 2015 on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ng-idina-menzel-chin-oscars-article-1.2125712

First he went after Scarlette
0223-john-travolta-scarlett-getty-3.jpg

http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/J...Johansson-Oscars-2015-36931327#photo-36931330

Ah...he's Italian! They kiss, they touch your face...no big deal. It's a cultural norm for them to be "a little in your face". :coolwink: In my experience, anyway! :thumbsup:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Well. At least it proves conclusively that he is perfectly straight.

There's nothing odd about a painted, once gorgeous, but no longer, man in fake hair tenderly groping a couple of females while badly acting lust. Some guys just improve with age but not JT. The more he tries the more obvious the hair loss, and weight gain become.

So Hollywood, fake hair, fake skin, fake expression, fake, fake, fake.