What's new

Was Travolta weird at Oscars last night?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I am right, and I think I am, :biggrin: it is a good sign in a way. It shows that their control of media is degrading to a point of "try to divert attention from bad press which we are almost 100% sure to get when one of our celebs has to appear in public". A very reactive, defensive, position - apparently reacting to what might happen -but actually reacting to what is already going on.

As support for my theory on this: It has hallmarks of scientology media handling: the stunt element. I am thinking of LA airport, Squirrel Busters, some of the courtroom stuff, etc.
They have the highest ever cunning stunts in this galaxy.

It is consistent, I agree. It reminds me of the stunt where Scientology lawyer Mark Hanna kissed a Sydney protestor to try to enturbulate Aaron Saxton.

Taking action, however insane, is being 'at cause' in their eyes.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Some of the phraseology found in this thread just cracks me up! The "looking like a dog was humping her leg" and the "staple-gunned hair" had me laughing out loud.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

"That said, JT's rep might deserve to be scolded for plotting a hatch lime that served to make Travolta look like an utter ass on stage."

What is a "hatch lime"?

"

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember when Kirk Douglas thought it was sweet that John kissed him?:

kiss-5756180.jpg

Lone Star

Crusader
"Scarlett Johansson defended John Travolta on Thursday, calling the actor "a class act" and denouncing the image of the two on the Academy Awards red carpet as "an unfortunate still-frame" that doesn't reflect a "totally sweet and totally welcome" encounter....." --AP

Sources also say that she enjoyed playing the role of Justin Bieber that night....

(Okay, I made that last part up)

Just my personal opinion....whether Scilon are not most Hollywood celebs are narcissistic douche bags who think that they are more important to the world than they really are. Many of them are just downright weird. I enjoy movies and some TV, but I don't give a flying fuck about most actors personally. I don't care about their personal lives at all.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
"Scarlett Johansson defended John Travolta on Thursday, calling the actor "a class act" and denouncing the image of the two on the Academy Awards red carpet as "an unfortunate still-frame" that doesn't reflect a "totally sweet and totally welcome" encounter....." --AP

Sources also say that she enjoyed playing the role of Justin Bieber that night....

(Okay, I made that last part up)

I thought of giving you a 'Huh' for this LS, but then I thought you might think I was being serious. :coolwink:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From 'Pulp Fiction' to Oscar meme, Travolta's highs and lows

LOW: Travolta's recent years have been marred by tragedy, lawsuits and increased attention to his long-held religion. His son, Jett, died in 2009 of a seizure at age 16. In 2013, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author Lawrence Wright published "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief," a thoroughly researched expose of the Church of Scientology, that Travolta joined in the '70s. The book and Gibney's upcoming documentary, made with Wright, are critical of Travolta for being a public face to the controversial organization.

http://www.wiscnews.com/entertainment/movies/article_4a9a1a58-55b7-5a1a-ad8c-ce3fac7e9755.html