What's new

Watching BLADE RUNNER - did anyone ever notice...

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
The head of the Tyrell Corporation is played by an actor name Joe Turkel - who is the "spitting image" of David Miscavaige???:omg::nervous::ohmy:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
It's the STANCE!!!

As the bartender in The Shining.

ShiningLoyd.jpg

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well I guess I can see similarities in build and stance but in no way do I think of dm when I see Joe Turkel. But just one opinion. I guess I like the guy's work and wouldn't bestow that insult on anyone that I had any admiration of.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
:hmm:

He didn't look particularly asthmatic or excessively smallish to me. He did have rather thick glasses in Bladerunner, though I thought that was the character rather than the actor.

Maybe with the right makeup team, proper lighting and camera angles, he could play one in the epic film.

MV5BMTM0Njk5MTk4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk4NDIwNA@@._V1._SX640_SY434_.jpg

I'd vote for him. Maybe this epic movie could be kickstarted?

How old is Joe now, anyway? Is he still working? Who is his agent?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
:hmm:

He didn't look particularly asthmatic or excessively smallish to me. He did have rather thick glasses in Bladerunner, though I thought that was the character rather than the actor.

Maybe with the right makeup team, proper lighting and camera angles, he could play one in the epic film.

MV5BMTM0Njk5MTk4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk4NDIwNA@@._V1._SX640_SY434_.jpg

I'd vote for him. Maybe this epic movie could be kickstarted?

How old is Joe now, anyway? Is he still working? Who is his agent?

He was fairly old in the 80's. I'd still pick Gary Busey.

gary-busey.jpg

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Well I guess I can see similarities in build and stance but in no way do I think of dm when I see Joe Turkel. But just one opinion. I guess I like the guy's work and wouldn't bestow that insult on anyone that I had any admiration of.

The style of the actor's haircut as it lines the forehead is the same. That's the only comparison I see.

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mug shots have a side view because ears are a good identifier - some say better than fingerprints. Send it in to dallasgoldbug, they might find an earshot. Or you might be able to find one online somewhere. It would be interesting. For sure. Wouldn't surprise me too much.

RBMM

Patron
Yeah Whoisxenu, I see the resemblance. It's a tad off due to the age difference, but I get what you are saying. However I think this is the Joe Turkel pose you are looking for... lol

bartenderfromtheshining.jpg

My intuition would assume it is just coincidence. But then after watching Marty and Mike on YouTube discussing how Miscavige controlled the whole movie then blamed Travolta, I assume every aspect was intentional including casting.

Here is the YouTube clip for those who haven't seen it. Sort of funny and pathetic at the same time:

[video]http://youtu.be/mrpMb51joJA[/video]