What's new

Wayne Baumgarten returned donation for legal defense

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I know several - not all embroiled in court cases etc but people who were out and had good reason to be out - who went back. And I am not talking a long time ago - talking bout the last three years

Pretty hard to fathom, isn't it?

But I've seen it too.

There were periods when the church, usually run at RTC level, were hot and heavy on "recoveries" and sometimes they actually succeeded.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Pretty hard to fathom, isn't it?

But I've seen it too.

There were periods when the church, usually run at RTC level, were hot and heavy on "recoveries" and sometimes they actually succeeded.

actually not really, if DM issued a half assed amnesty and said to all the posters on Marty's Blog "there were injustices! We now know it and we apologize - come back in, write up the injustice and we will cancel any and all ethics actions" half of those idiots would be wetting themselves to get back in the Sea Org.

If he threw in a quarter and good cup of starbucks he would probably get Rathbun and Rinder queueing up to go back into the rpf

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
actually not really, if DM issued a half assed amnesty and said to all the posters on Marty's Blog (there were injustices! We now know it and we apologize - come back in, write up the injustice and we will cancel any and all ethics actions" half of those idiots would be wetting themselves to get back in the Sea Org.

If he threw in a quater and good cup of starbucks he would probably get Rathbun and Rinder queueing up to go back into the rpf

This is a very fascinating subject, possibly worthy of its own thread. I mean, what WOULD it take to recover:

* An Indie Scientologist

* A Freezone Scientologist

* A Disaffected Scientologist

* An Ex-Scientologist

* A Declared SP

With Indie Scientologists, I am afraid it would take precious little.

Instead of David Miscavich standing up at the next worldwide event and yelling "THE WAR IS OVER", Marty Rathbun would, instead, take the stage and begin yelling "THE WAR IS OVER".

Then, as you have pointed out, a warm & fuzzy Amnesty followed by. . .

The public Declare of David Miscavich, with a compelling and dramatic recitation of his crimes performed by Tom Cruise--who regularly thumps his own chest in profoundly self-absorbed Mea Culta contrition.

cruise24806_narrowweb__300x5760.jpg

Oh, I could go on and on!

Someone stop me before I sell my MEST and give the proceeds to the big beings who hold the keys to all the little beings' eternities.

freethinker

Sponsor
I went to school with a kid who went to prison for armed robbery at 14 years of age. Every five years or so he would be out on parole and then do something to go back in. He said it was a way of life.

Some people get used to living a certain way and then can't function in another environment like the Morgan Freeman character in Shawshank Redemption, couldn't face being out of prison.

Feral

Rogue male
So she wrote an email that started litigation and lost most of her customers and then hired an expensive lawyer and needed donations to cover the expense, has medical problems, and as far as we know, her business is at least suffering, then settles out of court essentially giving the CO$ what it wanted and received no money but can pay back donations.

Do I have this right?

Almost 100% perfect.

Her business was demolished.

The only asset Debbie had when she got out was her name as "ex Captain of the FSO" and the only people who that would impress was CofS public. After her e-mail all that was gone with the subsequent rash of disconnections.

So, well you may ask; how is it so?