What's new

Wayne Baumgarten returned donation for legal defense

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
I just received my donation back via PayPal from Wayne Baumgarten. I used Debbie Cooks website directly when transferring the donation.

I didn't expect it in any way to be returned though because the case wasn't WON but SETTLED instead.

Honorable people :)

TG1

Angelic Poster
Balthasar,

Did you request that your donation be returned?

Or was it just returned proactively by the Baumgartens?

TG1

Jump

Operating teatime
I just received my donation back via PayPal from Wayne Baumgarten. I used Debbie Cooks website directly when transferring the donation.

I didn't expect it in any way to be returned though because the case wasn't WON but SETTLED instead.

Yes honorableness to be commended.

but .. hmmmm.. is this the first evidence of a tidy payout under the counter?

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious

I donated the same way. Nothing back yet. Not that it matters, I am just going to forward it to Mah-Tay anyway. Though he may return that as he said he don't want none dat dirty lucre.

Terril park

Sponsor
You don't think if she was bought off that she might turn in some or all names?

Just sayin'.

This just might not matter anymore. Most out probably don't care. Those still
under the radar and having donated and read Debbies mail and court case details may be sighing a huge sigh of relief to be done with CO$.

Those still worried about connections etc may well find getting roughed up over disconnection to be the last straw and be planning an exit strategy.

There have been one or two reports of people who have openly left and saying all their friends have also.

Watch this and other spaces :)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I think that it's a good thing Wayne did in returning donos but this looks like becoming another one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenarios.

Which only goes to show that sometimes you can't win for losing. :)

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I sent them cash without a return address on the envelope.

That said, if Wayne was going to dish names, I doubt he'd take the trouble to return the cash. Obviously I have no proof of what I'm saying - just seems like common sense.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Looks like some people donated money & got it back ( unasked ). That ain't bad....is it ?

No doubt anyone with even half a brain who was concerned with be " connected to " or " in support of " or " worroed about being ratted out " would have taken simple precautions to cover there idenity ( or not contribute ).

Had I contributed openly to their defense I'd have thought about the potential consquences before I did so - is there anybody left around here who does NOT know how dirty, low, slimey, underhanded, illegal, ( and whatever else one can imagine ) the C o $ will go ? These people have no limits.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
Balthasar,

Did you request that your donation be returned?

Or was it just returned proactively by the Baumgartens?

TG1

No, I didn't request anything, had no contact at all.

Just received email from PayPal that payment from Wayne Baumgarten has been returned.
Then I checked my PayPal account and there it was.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
I donated the same way. Nothing back yet. Not that it matters, I am just going to forward it to Mah-Tay anyway. Though he may return that as he said he don't want none dat dirty lucre.

With "Mah-Tay" - you mean Marty Rathbun?
I didn't donate via Marty's blog.
I donated on Debbie's site

freethinker

Sponsor
So she wrote an email that started litigation and lost most of her customers and then hired an expensive lawyer and needed donations to cover the expense, has medical problems, and as far as we know, her business is at least suffering, then settles out of court essentialy giving the CO$ what it wanted and received no money but can pay back donations.

Do I have this right?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Honorable people? :unsure: Settled? :eyeroll: Did they get paid to settle? :whistling:

Perhaps Debbie can pay Maria Pia Gardini back all of the "enforced donations".:grouch: Debbie Cook needs to make up the damage in order to truly be free! :yes: It is the RIGHT THING TO DO!! It breaks my heart to read Maria's story! :bigcry:

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for extortion. :ohmy:

I don't care if you are the Captain of the Fraud Land Base or a hospital. It is criminal! Come on Debbie - make up the damage! If you received money to shut up - pay Maria back!!!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
This just might not matter anymore. Most out probably don't care. Those still
under the radar and having donated and read Debbies mail and court case details may be sighing a huge sigh of relief to be done with CO$.

Those still worried about connections etc may well find getting roughed up over disconnection to be the last straw and be planning an exit strategy.

There have been one or two reports of people who have openly left and saying all their friends have also.

Watch this and other spaces :)

I guess I did not say it right. I probably just meant "bought off". I did not just mean turning in names but switching sides.

It kind of sucks. She was making a good point. Where are the donations going? Ha ha. To pay her off. LOL.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
I am sure the CoS paid big time for shutting up Debbie Cook and her husband. All information I could gather leads me to believe there must have been a pay out.

Miscavige having his pants down and whining like a bitch having to call his dogs back! I would have craved signing another billion year contract just to witness THIS one spectacle live and uncut from inside!

What became evident, was that the CoS caves in if there is enough resistance. Their advantage in suing is having funds, time and resources to replace worn out staff.

So as an individual being sued by the CoS, one absolutely needs to have access to sufficient funds and at the same time delegate all legal stuff (to lawyers). That way one is able to carry on living without getting exhausted no matter how long it takes.

That's why it is so important that every Ex who gets sued by the CoS should ask for help like Debbie Cook did. That is what the CoS fears most – organised resistance and breaking the spell over Exes wanting to speak out!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I sent them cash without a return address on the envelope.

That said, if Wayne was going to dish names, I doubt he'd take the trouble to return the cash. Obviously I have no proof of what I'm saying - just seems like common sense.

unfortunately there is a cult involved, common sense has nothing to do with it all!!

Terril park

Sponsor
I guess I did not say it right. I probably just meant "bought off". I did not just mean turning in names but switching sides.

It kind of sucks. She was making a good point. Where are the donations going? Ha ha. To pay her off. LOL.

After what Debbie went through I think it extremely unlikely she switched
sides. As unlikely as thee or me switching sides. Or anyone else here one might name.

She has agreed to shut up, not the same thing. Its unlikely donations covered her legal costs. Those collected by Marty only just covered a retainer for her lawyers, detailed on his blog. What was sent to her directly we have no way of knowing but I suspect even less than was collected via Marty.