What's new

Wayt... Whut???

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I just read Debbie Cook's email.

And she took a payoff? What happened? After what she writes in the email about where the money comes from, what kind of integrity does she have to betray EVERYONE she wrote to in the email by taking any money from the church?

Am I missing something?

(Sorry, my excuse about changing a hundred poopy diapers still stands as to why I have no info about this...)

Polly

Patron with Honors

And she took a payoff? What happened? After what she writes in the email about where the money comes from, what kind of integrity does she have to betray EVERYONE she wrote to in the email by taking any money from the church?

Am I missing something?

(Sorry, my excuse about changing a hundred poopy diapers still stands as to why I have no info about this...)

I must of missed something too...been way too long for me to blame on poopy diapers though. :ohmy:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Am I missing something?

Often money brings out the worst in people.
And it depends upon how much you believe your soul to be worth.

I believe the only answer to the last question is 'priceless', but for some this does not seem to be the case,

Another FACTOR is payoffs from $cientology for silence are from the profits of legalized slavery, which makes the recipient a paid co-conspirator, forevermore...

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
And it depends upon how much you believe your soul is worth.

I believe the only answer to the last question is 'priceless', but for some this does not seem to be the case, especially when they are the profits from legalized slavery.

To be fair I think her age (and ill health) were also huge factors and I expect age will be the issue for Marty too ... people have to live and need money to do so and once beyond a certain point it becomes very hard if there is no established work history providing a future retirement fund or remaining stamina (she was apparently diagnosed with fibromyalgia so her business probably suffered a decline when she was down with that).

I don't think she sold her soul, I think she just woke up and realised she and her husband were in a truly bad position and she needed to do something for herself very fast because nobody else was going to do it for her ... and her popularity with critics was the very last thing on her mind.

I didn't 'like' it at all, but I understood it.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
debbie cook is a large steaming POS. she dedicates her life to helping others and saving a planet. she writes one of the best emails that gets hundreds of people to open their eyes. then she looks all sick while dealing with legal. funny how a few short months later she looks great sitting on a island eating nice food. she is part of the problem not the solution in all of this. WHen I left I was shunned by friends and family, had no work history, drivers licence, education. I lived on the streets for quite a while. The only thing I had was my integrity knowing that I had done the right thing in leaving. there was no ex help lines or people taking them into their homes, like people get today. there was no esmb nor ALt religion scientology. by the grace of god I found a new path to walk and slowly made my way down it. after all we all want to survive right? debbie took the easy way out and will be defined by this untill she is dead and in the ground. Funny how money seemed to be what she needed to survive. she is almost the great person that everyone makes her out to be. to bad she falls short in the morals dept. I bet all the money helps her forget about that.

fail.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
To be fair I think her age (and ill health) were also huge factors and I expect age will be the issue for Marty too ... people have to live and need money to do so and once beyond a certain point it becomes very hard if there is no established work history providing a retirement fund or remaining stamina (she was apparently diagnosed with fibromyalgia so her business probably suffered a decline when she was down with that).

I don't think she sold her soul, I think she just woke up and realised she and her husband were in a truly bad position and she needed to do something for herself very fast because nobody else was going to do it for her ... and her popularity with critics was the very last thing on her mind.

I didn't 'like' it at all, but I understood it.

Perhaps the fear of being destitute and unable to work effected her, but her husband was still capable of working. It's not like they were about to die of poverty. He could have stacked shelves in a supermarket overnight and still have supported her, they would have had minimum food and shelter. That's what most escaping SO members had to do, menial work until we found our feet. She was in more bad economic shape than anyone else who had left the SO. Debbie wanted the status and lifestyle she thought she deserved, she was too good to live like a mortal.

There is such a thing as integrity.

There is taking the money that people remorgaged their houses to pay.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
And it depends upon how much you believe your soul is worth.

I believe the only answer to the last question is 'priceless', but for some this does not seem to be the case,

Another FACTOR is payoffs from $cientology for silence are from the profits of legalized slavery, which makes the recipient a paid co-conspirator.

Exactly. All that money she was paid off with came from the 'extreme fundraising', at least in part, that she was so against. I was pretty disgusted that she took the money and ran off to the Caribbean;agreeing to never utter another word..Meanwhile, other ex's are putting their butts on the line and risk losing everything to hold CoS accountable. Not Debbie...must be nice to sit around on the beach sipping mai tais, paid for by the sickening exploitation of others.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Perhaps the fear of being destitute and unable to work effected her, but her husband was still capable of working. It's not like they were about to die of poverty. He could have stacked shelves in a supermarket overnight and still have supported her, they would have had minimum food and shelter. That's what most escaping SO members had to do, menial work until we found our feet. She was in more bad economic shape than anyone else who had left the SO. Debbie wanted the status and lifestyle she thought she deserved, she was too good to live like a mortal.

There is such a thing as integrity.

There is taking the money that people remorgaged their houses to pay.

Ah, but nobody forces people to re-mortgage or donate for any services ... silly people do it though and the money then belongs to the cofs and that's who she took it from not the people that donated it.

Do you feel the same about Mosey and Marty, because they're about to do the same thing (receive money from the cofs)?

I truly know how you feel but perhaps they just played the game at a different level to most SO members (while in) and then continued when they got out by having the courage and gall to take it to court and fight.

I'm no longer an idealist (lol) ... and maybe I never was.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious

Ah, but nobody forces people to re-mortgage ... silly people do it though and the money then belongs to the cofs and that's who she took it from not the people that donated it.

Do you feel the same about Mosey and Marty, because they're about to do the same thing (receive money from the cofs)?

I truly know how you feel but perhaps they just played the game at a different level to most SO members (while in) and then continued when they got out by having the courage and gall to take it to court and fight.

I think mosey is a good honest person (thank her parents) and yes I do believe that Marty knows exactly what he is doing. walking the fence is a game he helped to re-invent for the COS. it must be hard on the psyche to juggle love and honor with the want and greed for money that he clearly thirsts for. of course it is not hard for him as he has done this for so long I doubt he knows how to be any other way. Marty is only one removed from DM. like a mini me, with a tic more edumacation and cunning to fool most of the people most of the time. hiding in plain sight also helps. do not be fooled. the most important thing to MArty is his image.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I don't think its a bad thing to accept money from the church. Especially for those who dedicated their lives to the cause and were thrown out with nothing and had to start from scratch.

And those who took out second mortgages to donate, or whatever... refund all of it to them too. Refund all of the money that was regged in an off policy manner... these donations she is talking about.

With Marty it is a little different.... his wife has been being harrassed. That kind of thing needs to be stopped.

If they took a payout as a penalty to the church, more power to them. (without any sort of gag order, if they took a gag order payout, it would be the same).

Debbie seems to have taken it to shut up about the shit she KNOWS is going on. It is not the same to me. It's a major integrity issue.

Debbie if you really are immortal, you should know better.

I guess you have proven you are mortal then.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think mosey is a good honest person (thank her parents) and yes I do believe that Marty knows exactly what he is doing. walking the fence is a game he helped to re-invent for the COS. it must be hard on the psyche to juggle love and honor with the want and greed for money that he clearly thirsts for. of course it is not hard on his as her has done this for so long I doubt he knows how to be any other way. Marty is only one removed from DM. like a mini me, with a tic more edumacation and cunning to fool most of the people most of the time. hiding in plain sight also helps. do not be fooled. the most important thing to MArty is his image.

I'm not being fooled ... and I don't think Marty has a greed for money either, we all need money though. I believe he's finally waking up and trying (despite all his previous wrongdoings while in the SO) to have some enjoyment from the rest of his life and I can't bring myself to condemn him for that.

Anything (including serious money) that is taken away from the cofs and harms its image (and that of COB) works for me.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Ah, but nobody forces people to re-mortgage or donate for any services ... silly people do it though and the money then belongs to the cofs and that's who she took it from not the people that donated it.

I sincerely hope that Mosey and Marty do not accept a gagging order, that they continue to say the truth, I suppose they will have to pay their lawyers and the lawyers will probably be the only ones to win from the case.

I disagree that she took money off the church, all that money was paid in by duped public, every last cent of it conned out of our hands. In the same way getting a refund will cause hardship on staff members, but then people are just getting back what they paid in themselves.

What I really have a problem with is people who think they are more valuable than everyone else.

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
Being in the SO for 20 some years, no life skills that are marketable, no money, few if any friends, no other considerable assets and a very uncertain future other than you know it's not Scientology. Here you sit with all sort of information that could harm Co$. So easy to say do the right thing and hit the Co$ (who has billions to fight any battle) where it counts. Much has to do with circumstances at the time and unless you have been in that situation you cannot say how you would handle this. I would love to say I would never be bought but would I? So easy to be a critic.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I sincerely hope that Mosey and Marty do not accept a gagging order, that they continue to say the truth, I suppose they will have to pay their lawyers and the lawyers will probably be the only ones to win from the case.

I disagree that she took money off the church, all that money was paid in by duped public, every last cent of it conned out of our hands. In the same way getting a refund will cause hardship on staff members, but then people are just getting back what they paid in themselves.

What I really have a problem with is people who think they are more valuable than everyone else.

I don't understand that last line Auntie La la ... perhaps she just has high self esteem and there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't misunderstand me though, I loathe the whole sorry saga but people donate money out of choice, yes, they are being sold a complete con but they choose whether or not to buy it (I was one of them too) and I do feel that the money, once in the hands of the cofs, is then taken from the cofs (not from the people that donated it).

I'd prefer that every cent was returned to the people ... but most wouldn't accept it!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I don't see the difference between this and ambulance chasing lawyers. There is no difference.

But, maybe I only speak for myself, but I don't think so.... after leaving the Sea Org I was quite capable of getting back on my feet on my own. It took a little time, but I did not need help or a hand-out from anyone. I have seen this with other ex-SO too.

----

I find it hard to believe that Debbie was that desperate... to sell her soul (if she believes in eternity, the thetan and the billion year contract).

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

Am I missing something?

LOL, I almost suggested you read that e-mail the other day but then thought... oh spare her.
Yep, Debbie took the money and ran... Marty took up lots of donations for her too which he offered to return, but I am mot sure Debbie ever asked for any help from him to start with. I believe this is how Ray Jeffrey was born, cha-ching cha-ching.

Debbie and her husband have a blog about all the beautiful places on the ocean they can now live.

I don't know how to feel about it. I guess I may as well just be happy for her.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
LOL, I almost suggested you read that e-mail the other day but then thought... oh spare her.
Yep, Debbie took the money and ran... Marty took up lots of donations for her too which he offered to return, but I am mot sure Debbie ever asked for any help from him to start with. I believe this is how Ray Jeffrey was born, cha-ching cha-ching.

Debbie and her husband have a blog about all the beautiful places on the ocean they can now live.

I don't know how to feel about it. I guess I may as well just be happy for her.

:blink: Wow.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Zero responsibility,

Zero integrity.

Lots of money.

That is the way of the world.

I would rather be able to sleep at night.

Fuck her. After the crap she has put others through. And to take this route out. May she get what she deserves.

Karmas a bitch.

Terril park

Sponsor
I don't think its a bad thing to accept money from the church. Especially for those who dedicated their lives to the cause and were thrown out with nothing and had to start from scratch.

And those who took out second mortgages to donate, or whatever... refund all of it to them too. Refund all of the money that was regged in an off policy manner... these donations she is talking about.

With Marty it is a little different.... his wife has been being harrassed. That kind of thing needs to be stopped.

If they took a payout as a penalty to the church, more power to them. (without any sort of gag order, if they took a gag order payout, it would be the same).

Debbie seems to have taken it to shut up about the shit she KNOWS is going on. It is not the same to me. It's a major integrity issue.

Debbie if you really are immortal, you should know better.

I guess you have proven you are mortal then.

I suspect you havn't read the whole story. Debbie wrote her mail which went to maybe 10,000 and then DM instigated court action against her. She never had an intention to use this action to get money.

She was first to testify. DM's lawyers said she shouldn't be able to as she
would be violating an NDA order! Debbie had her day in court telling how she got slapped to the floor under orders by DM, how she was stood in a waste bin of water with water poured over her for 12 hours while being slapped by SO women and had a sign saying "lesbo" hung around her neck whist in the "hole". This court action was filmed and broadcast on TV. Somewhere along the way she testified as to her having a hard time on leaving SO in a building surrounded with security fences to prevent one leaving. and having to sign an NDA and here she initially refused money but was made to take it.

That was her day in court and what a day! The next day DM withdrew his
legal action to prevent more damage. The story is that she got a very large sum and
signed a gag order. I expect that is so but unless I missed it there has been no Dox
on a payoff. Any payoffs would I expect have been arranged by her lawyer Ray Jefferies.

She had severe health problems, look at her court testimony and you can see she
this.

This is where Ray Jefferies started his career of castrating DM, earned him a second shot representing the PIs who spent 25 years spyng on Pat Broeker and perhaps has
provided him with the funds for and his willingness to have his current case again
going up against DM and CO$.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Hi Terrell

Thanks. I was aware of most of that. Still. Taking the money like that is a very low integrity level. She knows the shit going on and takes the easy way out.

Nobody could force her to take the money. And without the grips of the Sea Org (you cant leave until you sign), she was not forced to sign a gag order. I don't buy it.