What's new

We left Scientology - and SO CAN YOU - YouTube

Carmel

Crusader
Wow, great vid!!! A powerful overview in just a couple of mins! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting, AnonMary! :)

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
I did not get that wow factor, i'm sorta luke warm on it. What about the girl that says she got a tooth knocked out by DM. Holy crap!

At least they all are out, I'm glad about that. :thumbsup:

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
Great video. True statements. Scientology is all the way bad.
So sad that a girl had her tooth knocked by the Chairman of the Board - David Miscavige.
I hope other young person see this video and get out there soon.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I thought it was great, especially the ending: "No yourself. No life". Anything that leaks even a bit of the truth to lurkers and people thinking about getting in gets a :thumbsup:

byte301

Crusader
I think it was a parody of some of the cult's ads.

I thought it was great and I really liked the fact that they used younger people since that's who the cult targets.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
parody

I did not get that wow factor, i'm sorta luke warm on it. What about the girl that says she got a tooth knocked out by DM. Holy crap!

At least they all are out, I'm glad about that. :thumbsup:

This video was obviously a parody, clips from some anti drug video, perhaps one that the clams made, with a clip at the end from one of their ad videos.
But what a great piece of satire!

Pete

Feral

Rogue male
This video was obviously a parody, clips from some anti drug video, perhaps one that the clams made, with a clip at the end from one of their ad videos.
But what a great piece of satire!

Pete

I'm sure you're right.

The people interviewed were describing various mis adventures, including drug habits, hence the word "using".

This is a good parody but if it is used as a resource to get clams out then I'm afraid you may end up with egg on your face.

One of the things I really like about the critic community is we tend to stick to100% truth about the abuses of the cult, refreshing! As opposed to when we were in, then it was 100% PR about the results. Anything less than a glowing speech at a graduation got you into ethics trouble, truth was a regular casualty.

Last edited:

Feral

Rogue male
It's not meant to be used to get people out. It's anon having some fun. They do that at times.

I was aware, really the funny side wasn't wasted on me, I was trying to gently point the above out before any one grabbed it and sent it to a mailing list of several hundred Scilons.

Sort of like telling a girl who's just come out of the ladies room that she's caught her dress in her thong and although an embarrassing conversation could ensue about "how only a pervert would notice" or even worse "how she knew she'd done it and it was how she likes to dress" I still think I needed to bite the bullet and say.

Carmel

Crusader
It's not meant to be used to get people out. It's anon having some fun. They do that at times.
Yep, and whilst they're having fun, they're sending a damn good message to the 'never ins' to stay the hell away - It's a beaut!

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
it took me a long, long, time ...

I was aware, really the funny side wasn't wasted on me, I was trying to gently point the above out before any one grabbed it and sent it to a mailing list of several hundred Scilons.

Sort of like telling a girl who's just come out of the ladies room that she's caught her dress in her thong and although an embarrassing conversation could ensue about "how only a pervert would notice" or even worse "how she knew she'd done it and it was how she likes to dress" I still think I needed to bite the bullet and say.

It took me a long, long, time to realize that in certain instances it is just best to keep your mouth shut. I had a situation like the one you mentioned with observing the thong thing. It took every bit of self control to just keep my mouth shut and enjoy the view as discretely as possible.

Anyways, tool to get people out of Scientology or no tool ... if a clam viewed that video, saw it for the satire that it was, and found that it stung him to watch it ... then the video would not have gone to waste. Even if a clam watched that and knew that the various captions applied to those that were talking about their drug abuse histories about how they got taken to the cleaners big time, were forced to disconnect, lost a house, etc ... every clam who has been a clam for any length of time knows people that stuff has happened to. The clam may be sitting in his own financial problems as well as a result of his involvement when he sees that video.

Pete