What's new

Weird (Fake?) memorial service at Nashville Org

mawena

Patron with Honors
Just saw this posted:
http://www.1888pressrelease.com/chu...lebration-to-honor-retiring-mi-pr-562466.html
May 01, 2015 - It takes a special calling to serve as a military chaplain - not just to serve the nation, but deliver the hardest news to loved ones when a soldier has fallen. So the Church of Scientology was pleased and honored to host the celebration of a military colonel retiring after more than thirty years of service.

Guests came from across the country to the celebration which began in grand style with a full-blown marching band performance as the colonel arrived by limo.

The program which followed in the Church of Scientology community hall was packed wall-to-wall with people, several standing at the doorway unable to get a seat in the crowded auditorium.

The Nashville Church of Scientology often hosts events of this nature because of its special mission to help leaders in the world. "Those who have served this nation with dignity deserve to be recognized," said Rev. Brian Fesler who pastors the church, "our founder, L. Ron Hubbard, served in the navy during the second World War. Men and women who dedicate their lives to our nation for times of crisis deserve to be recognized."

Here's what I find really perplexing:
1. No mention of who this military chaplain is
2. No numbers given for attendance only that it was "wall-to-wall"
3. No photos! They said he arrived in a limo with a marching band and a ton of people and not ONE photo?! Seems like a missed opportunity if this did in fact happen
4. No mention of this on the Nashville org website

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just saw this posted:
http://www.1888pressrelease.com/chu...lebration-to-honor-retiring-mi-pr-562466.html

Here's what I find really perplexing:
1. No mention of who this military chaplain is
2. No numbers given for attendance only that it was "wall-to-wall"
3. No photos! They said he arrived in a limo with a marching band and a ton of people and not ONE photo?! Seems like a missed opportunity if this did in fact happen
4. No mention of this on the Nashville org website

(If true) I'd say it's because this was a paid rental of the facility to use for this guy's retirement party and the cult's ass would be sued if they tried to use photos from a paid client's rental to promote their nefarious cult or infer he had any type of relationship/membership with the cult. I know Saint Hill in the UK has it's busiest days thanks to renting out the property for weddings. I'd say this is the only way Idle Morgues make any income.

They are already pushing the limits as it is with this by being vague as possible about the whole thing being paid rental of their facility, and trying to give the false impression some lauded local military guy is associated with them.

mawena

Patron with Honors
(If true) I'd say it's because this was a paid rental of the facility to use for this guy's retirement party and the cult's ass would be sued if they tried to use photos from a paid client's rental to promote their nefarious cult or infer he had any type of relationship/membership with the cult. I know Saint Hill in the UK has it's busiest days thanks to renting out the property for weddings. I'd say this is the only way Idle Morgues make any income.

They are already pushing the limits as it is with this by being vague as possible about the whole thing being paid rental of their facility, and trying to give the false impression some lauded local military guy is associated with them.

Interesting... I wonder if we can track down this person and let them know that the church is in some small part trying to cash in on their service.

If what you're saying is true, they can at the very least use this to suck more money from public.

How can we find the chaplain?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
uhhmmmm..a little Qual cramming here...lol ..."Church of Scientology often hosts events of this conning nature because of its special conman's mission to help defraud and betray leaders in the world"

I would say if there is a devil he couldn't make a more Supreme and laughable effort. It will be the a complete comedy when those who are exposed, by another documentary, as having their pants down around their ankles. It could be called 'Dupped Leaders have no luck at all.'

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Interesting... I wonder if we can track down this person and let them know that the church is in some small part trying to cash in on their service.

If what you're saying is true, they can at the very least use this to suck more money from public.

How can we find the chaplain?

Well, the cult added this contact info in their shameless and totally vague "press release"
Julie Brinker
Church of Scientology
1130 8th Ave South
Nashville TN, 37203
615-687-4600
http://www.scientology.org

Maybe call up old Julie, put on our reporter cap, and ask who the hell they are vaguely referring to in a press release. I mean they went to the lengths of putting this out as a press release so they damn well better be ready to field questions about it. (Who puts out a press release without one actual fact or use of names? wtf)

mawena

Patron with Honors
Well, the cult added this contact info in their shameless and totally vague "press release"
Julie Brinker
Church of Scientology
1130 8th Ave South
Nashville TN, 37203
615-687-4600
http://www.scientology.org

Maybe call up old Julie, put on our reporter cap, and ask who the hell they are vaguely referring to in a press release. I mean they went to the lengths of putting this out as a press release so they damn well better be ready to field questions about it. (Who puts out a press release without one actual fact or use of names? wtf)

Julie Brinker:
http://www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/meet-a-scientologist_julie-brinker.html
http://www.juliebrinkerphotography.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/julie-brinker/40/525/687
https://www.facebook.com/lighttouchphotography

She describes herself as a freelance writer somewhere. All that I can find is examples of her posting these odd & vague press releases on these "post your press release here" websites.

I e-mailed some local Nashville newspapers to see if they've heard about a retiring chaplain recently, still waiting on response.

The phone number listed is just the Nashville org number.

mawena

Patron with Honors
Alvin E. Miller, Col. USA (Ret).

Retirement party at the Nashville CC.

Definitely not a $cilon. In civilian life he's a "Bishop" of some sort, I don't think Catholic. Don't have time to dig farther.

The e-mail address on his website: http://www.alvinemillersr.com is dead and I tried calling both the number on his page and the church itself and no one answered. I can't find any other e-mails or phone numbers for him.

I've e-mailed Julie Brinker and told her that we're reaching out to him for comment. She hasn't replied either.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Looks like Nashville Independant Scientologist's are getting bolder - look what we found on CL

Looks like they have some sanity left ( they are in PT and able to communicate freely)

Phase I completed. CHECK MARK

[h=2]Nashville Scientologists Meetup (Mid South)[/h]

Nashville Independent Scientologists meetup from time to time to socialize and have some fun.

You'll be amazed how refreshing it is to discuss anything related to Scientology - or anything at all for that matter - away from the stifling church environment.

Check out our schedule and find more information at the website listed below.

We offer free introductory auditing sessions too. (or an assist session if you've had upsets or stalled progress in the church)

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Nashville_Scientology_Meetup

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Alvin E. Miller, Col. USA (Ret).

Retirement party at the Nashville CC.

Definitely not a $cilon. In civilian life he's a "Bishop" of some sort, I don't think Catholic. Don't have time to dig farther.

If you click on your link, you will see that the retirement party was originally scheduled to be held at Alvin E. Miller's church before the venue was changed to the Nashville Org.

https://www.facebook.com/STJOHNCLARKSVILLE

https://www.facebook.com/BishopAlvinEMillerSr

http://www.alvinemillersr.com

He is not a Scilon, but part of the Nashville area interfaith alliance of churches, which includes the COS-Nashville. He is all over social media promoting himself.

http://www.alvinemillersr.com

[video=youtube;NhG8VdPVJhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhG8VdPVJhY[/video]

BunnySkull

Then old Alvin might be upset that cult was promoting itself at his expense, but not him. A whole press release about this retirement party of a "important" Army chaplain and nary a mention of his name, title, and church? Tsk Tsk. Cult didn't do that because if so it would have been obvious he's not a Scilon.

Cult wanted to positions itself along with the military service, the U.S. Army and the tradition of army chaplains - they didn't give a shit about old Alvin except what they could milk from his titles (which Alvin seems to in charge of milking and promoting his ownself quite well and probably doesn't appreciate the competition from a cult using him for it's recruiting and PR purposes.)

Last edited:
Then old Alvin might be upset that cult was promoting itself at his expense, but not him. A whole press release about this retirement party of a "important" Army chaplain and nary a mention of his name, title, and church? Tsk Tsk. Cult didn't do that because if so it would have been obvious he's not a Scilon.

Cult wanted to positions itself along with the military service, the U.S. Army and the tradition of army chaplains - they didn't give a shit about old Alvin except what they could milk from his titles (which Alvin seems to in charge of milking and promoting his ownself quite well and probably doesn't appreciate the competition from a cult using him for it's recruiting and PR purposes.)

Quote from his FB page comment:
"Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Dear Friends:
(snipped)
I am appalled at some of the condescending comments I have received because I had my military retirement celebration at the Church of Scientology Celebrity Center in Nashville, TN. Well, if you know anything about me, either GOD picks my friends or I do! I do not necessary judge a man or woman so much on what he or she says or thinks, but mainly on what the person does. It seems like a handful of people living today are talking out of both sides of their mouths. Please allow me to give you some examples in the following paragraphs what I am talking about in relations to me having friends in the Scientology Church.

When we have to have surgery, we do not ask the doctor if she or he is a member of the Church of Scientology. Why not? The truth to the matter is many of us would probably want a surgeon or doctor from the Church of Scientology because they are brilliant people and medicine and the medical field is about science and the Church of Scientology is a church of science improving the lives of people and their environment. Do you not know that some of the best doctors in the world are Scientologist and much of today’s information about medicines, treatment and therapy, and caring for our natural environment have come about due to the research of the Church of Scientology?

Some of you commenting have paid the salaries for members of the Church of Scientology by watching their movies, buying their songs or attending concerts for some of the most famous Scientologist like Tom Cruise, Isaac Hayes (deceased), John Travolta, Juliette Lewis, Doug E. Fresh, Jenna Elfman, Kirstie Alley, Kelly Preston, Elizabeth Moss, Sonny Bono (deceased), Catherine Bell, Nancy Cartwright and Greta Van Susteren. What do you say? Yes, nearly all reading this article have either rented or purchased a movie ticket, DVD or concert event ticket with some of these talented artists in them. Whatever the case might be, you helped financed their careers as well as the Church of Scientology because they intern turn around and gave back to their beloved church. So, let’s not play games that you are so righteous and everyone else is flawed. We are all people of GOD’s creation and should respect and love people simply because GOD demands it!

Moreover, when we get on an airplane, we do not ask if the pilot is a Scientologist. Why not? We get on the airplane not knowing if there is a pilot in the cockpit or if the plane is being flown by a computer without a care in the world. If your needed blood in order to save your life and a person from the Church of Scientology is the only match for you, are you going to refuse the blood because the person is a Scientologist? What if you are drowning and you needed a life line and the person that had your life saving instrument is a Scientologist, are you going to refuse the opportunity of living or would you die because the person that could save your life is a Scientologist?

Here is the bottom line, Rev. Brian Fessler and the members of the Church of Scientology here in Nashville are my friends and this is the end of the conversation. Please keep your self-righteous and prideful comments to yourself, because I do not need friends that crucify people without first establishing relationships with them. Just because some Christians do wicked things does not mean all Christians are evil and steal money or have multiple girlfriends or boyfriends on their wives or husbands. Real Americans are better than this, and gives every person the opportunity to excel in life without bashing them because of their religious beliefs. I befriend people based on their actions rather than their religious beliefs.

If I have to lose your friendship because I have befriended people within the Church of Scientology, then so be it! I will continue to serve and worship JESUS, the Son of GOD with integrity and honesty! I hope this correspondence clears up any misunderstanding or confusion. Peace and Love to you all.

Sincerely in Love,
Alvin E. Miller, Sr. "

Interesting.

Btw, Hi all! Longtime Lurker, never in.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alvin wrote:

"When we have to have surgery, we do not ask the doctor if she or he is a member of the Church of Scientology. Why not? The truth to the matter is many of us would probably want a surgeon or doctor from the Church of Scientology because they are brilliant people and medicine and the medical field is about science and the Church of Scientology is a church of science improving the lives of people and their environment. Do you not know that some of the best doctors in the world are Scientologist and much of today’s information about medicines, treatment and therapy, and caring for our natural environment have come about due to the research of the Church of Scientology?"

WTF!

Alvin E. Miller, Sr. might be someone who is constitutionally incapable of being honest with himself. If so he is not at fault, he was probably born that way.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Look, anyone who calls himself a "Bishop" outside of the Anglican / Catholic systems that actually have that rank is a pretentious twit. Like this fuckwit.

The Military Chaplaincy is full of such dipshits, and should be done away with. Giving them officer rank and similar respect to doctors is a slap in the face to the real training doctors undergo, their income sacrifice in working for the Military, and the actual services they render the US. We should use the money for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and others who can render real service to Servicemen and women with PTSD.

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Look, anyone who calls himself a "Bishop" outside of the Anglican / Catholic systems that actually have that rank is a pretentious twit. Like this fuckwit.

The Military Chaplaincy is full of such dipshits, and should be done away with. Giving them officer rank and similar respect to doctors is a slap in the face to the real training doctors undergo, their income sacrifice in working for the Military, and the actual services they render the US. We should use the money for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and others who can render real service to Servicemen with PTSD.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::bong:

BunnySkull

Hahhaha, I had to stop when old Alvin got to the part about asking if the pilot was a Scientologist. Guess he isn't aware of that plane crash, (I believe it was the one that occurred near a bridge in Washington, DC in the mid-1980's) where the pilot was a scientologist and there was a lot of speculation that financial difficulties and stress thanks to his membership might have been contributing factors in the crash.

But, THEN, and this is really the kicker and important part - the cult crush regged his widow (because she got a big settlement due to his death) and sucked every penny of it into their gaping maw. Representatives for her children actually sued the cult to get the money back, and they did, because she basically donated money that wasn't hers (a large portion was for the children's future and education) to the cult.

I think Alvin's main concern is money. Scammy self-proclaimed christian "bishops" usually have one big thing in common with the CoS, their love of money and status.

Alvin's willful ignorance of what his "CoS friends" are up to would be shocking, if it wasn't so predictable. Religious charlatans can get along very well if its mutually beneficial.

JustSheila

Crusader
Old guys covering themselves with medals and personal honours given themselves and hokey paraphernalia always makes me think of that old bum in Hollywood that we'd see on the buses around the complex in the 80s. He had airplanes on his shoulders and every coloured medal. He had all the happy buttons and every inch of his green army jacket was decked out. He wore a hat covered with the stuff.

Yeh, Hubbard did that too, but I was talking about the other guy.

Does anyone remember him? He looked sorta like this. He was like, everything and anything to everybody!

vfp-dvvfa-pappy-2346365285_7f5e2ced9b_b.jpg

Cat Daddy

Dutch soldiers use Facebook to track down fake veterans

The Internet rocks again !

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2014/10/dutch_soldiers_use_facebook_to/

Dutch soldiers use Facebook to track down fake veterans

A group of Dutch army veterans have set up a special Facebook page to out people they say are pretending to have served in the Dutch armed forces.The group, calling itself Dutch Stolen Valor, wants to combat the growing number of fake veterans taking part in military parades and remembrance ceremonies, the Telegraaf says on Wednesday.
Fakes who are photographed will end up on Facebook, although their photographs will be removed if they pledge not to do it again, the group says.

Market Garden
One photograph on the site includes a man captured on camera at the recent Market Garden commemorations in Arnhem. His row of ribbons are actually a volunteers award, a medal for completing a four day walk and a number of jubilee medals from veteran organisations, the Telegraaf says.
‘Veterans have fought for their medals,’ the group told the Telegraaf. ‘It hurts if you see members of the public applauding for fakes with a whole row of ribbons while the real hero with two medals gets ignored.’
Some fake soldiers even have tattoos showing where they have ‘seen’ active service.