What's new

Welcome OSA!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Thank you.

I have children. Sometimes they do the wrong thing. But I love them none the less. That is my responsibility, my role and my priviledge, as I created them. They need me.

I have a third dynamic also.

alex

What if you decided to walk out of Scn? Would your children be under any threat of being taken away from you?

Is your spouse a Scientologist?

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
So, in other words, those six kids who showed up did more to expose the abuses of the church of scientology than you did.

My way of "handling" the CofS is to deliver more and better Scientology to more people than they do. This has been true in Christchurch ever since I got here.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
Your rabid 3rd Dynamic is running around in the neighborhood biting people.
What are you going to do about it?
Do you have a leash?

Zinj

Haha! No leash here - just my Mossberg 12 gauge pump-action shotgun! (OSA, if you read this and feel threatened by that sentence then you are just lame. It's a joke - not a threat.)

Seriously though, the CULT needs to be stopped. I am glad for one, that this random group of people is standing up to $cientology. It's about time the world took notice.

The org that I live by has about 8 staff members. Two hours into the protest there were still 30 protesters out in their masks with their signs and fliers! I say HALLELUJAH! Wish I coulda joined them!

:p

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just back from my picket.

Very disappointed by Leon's almost gleeful condemnation of well-intentioned young protesters and Alex's response, while predictable, was shamefully quick to jump on the bandwagon.

At the picket that I atended, I was the only ex-scientologist there, which was disappointing!

The picketers were all in their late teens and twenties apart from creaky old me! About half were Anon and half just people who had read about Scn on the internet. They were surprisingly well informed. Their points made to the public were sometimes simplistic, but I couldn't fault them for their effort.

Many cars blew their horns in support and it was wonderful when passengers applauded us. Going through the streets several people spontaneously burst into applause when they saw us! :clap: :happydance:

The greatest thing I got out of it, is how opposed to the church the public seem to be. :thumbsup:

I asked the guys why they were doing the picket and they said they intitially thought joining the anon campaign was a laugh, but once they got to know more about Scn they realised they really had to register their protest.

I was very impressed. These kids, some of whom had travelled over 100 miles, were trying to put ethics in on the CofS, when they could easily not have bothered. They were protesting about the treatment of members and ex-members like ourselves many of whom are too suppressed by and frightened of the church to do anything about it. They were speaking for all the abused who weren't there.

Good for them. Idealistic, but so easily able to spot the evil out-ethics of the cult. :thumbsup:

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
helpful definitions for OSA

Scientology=religion, if you are generous in mind and spirit
Sea Org = CULT. Closed, limited or no communication, little sleep, no havingness, poor nutrition, controlled movement, speech, clothing, no free time to speak of. Outside world percieved as threatening. Constant warfare with outside threats.
L. Ron Hubbard= LIAR, conman, thief. Paranoid schizophrenic.:omg:

Terril park

Sponsor
Just back from my picket.

Very disappointed by Leon's almost gleeful condemnation of well-intentioned young protesters cult......

Was not gleeful and a stretch to call condemnation.

Christchurch is a small town. Few anon.

Kudos to them to go in such small numbers.

Leon was though calling it as he saw it. His call as they say.

London meanwhile had around 400. Most who asked me about
the FZ there knew little about it. Many knew the bad aspects of COS.
and little else. They were eager to learn.

The best way to get people out of COS and collapse it is
what Leon does.

Give COS members a reason to leave!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
About half were Anon and half just people who had read about Scn on the internet. They were surprisingly well informed. Their points made to the public were sometimes simplistic, but I couldn't fault them for their effort.

Many cars blew their horns in support and it was wonderful when passengers applauded us. Going through the streets several people spontaneously burst into applause when they saw us! :clap: :happydance:

The greatest thing I got out of it, is how opposed to the church the public seem to be. :thumbsup:

I asked the guys why they were doing the picket and they said they intitially thought joining the anon campaign was a laugh, but once they got to know more about Scn they realised they really had to register their protest.

I was very impressed. These kids, some of whom had travelled over 100 miles, were trying to put ethics in on the CofS, when they could easily not have bothered. They were protesting about the treatment of members and ex-members like ourselves many of whom are too suppressed by and frightened of the church to do anything about it. They were speaking for all the abused who weren't there.

Wow. Quite something when you think about it.

Maybe push is getting nearer to shove than some are thinking. :)

Paul

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. Quite something when you think about it.

Maybe push is getting nearer to shove than some are thinking. :)

Paul

Yes, I hope so.

For me it was a sad day.

Sad on the way there, that all these decades later, there is still the necessity to do something about the abusive cult.

Sad to be protesting about something that I once believed in and against old friends.

Sad there were no ex-scientologists there.

Sad to re-remember that too many exes are too afraid, or apathetic to do anything about the cult.

But pleased to see the public aware of the abuse. For me it was amazing to see passers by cheering and applauding the protest.

Impressed by the effort and integrity of the Anon and Internet guys who cared enough to turn up.

Driving home, the sliver of a moon reminded me of the unchanging reality that all is well and the melancholy slipped away into the night into the magnificent universe! :)

Colleen K. Peltomaa

So, in other words, those six kids who showed up did more to expose the abuses of the church of scientology than you did.

Leon, sounds like you are following Church policy to attack and never defend. Anonymous is more humble and correctable than the leaders of CofS.

By the way, Leon, I have seen the type of people you describe on L.RonHubbard Way -- children of Scientologists. Clean up your own house first.

namaste

My way of "handling" the CofS is to deliver more and better Scientology to more people than they do. This has been true in Christchurch ever since I got here.

I respect that and I respect that you are entitled to your opinion and to express it.
Personally, I give a lot of credit to all who at least made some kind of effort to peaceably demonstrate for a just cause.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Yes, I hope so.

For me it was a sad day.

Sad on the way there, that all these decades later, there is still the necessity to do something about the abusive cult.

Sad to be protesting about something that I once believed in and against old friends.

Sad there were no ex-scientologists there.

Sad to re-remember that too many exes are too afraid, or apathetic to do anything about the cult.

But pleased to see the public aware of the abuse. For me it was amazing to see passers by cheering and applauding the protest.

Impressed by the effort and integrity of the Anon and Internet guys who cared enough to turn up.

Driving home, the sliver of a moon reminded me of the unchanging reality that all is well and the melancholy slipped away into the night into the magnificent universe! :)

I'm glad you went LH.

I feel the same. The excitement of protesters being heard mixed with the sadness that it is necessary. I'm letting the tears come as they will, watching videos.

It is OK.
A new chapter has started. :thumbsup:

Little Bear Victor

Ideas for the next Freedom mag issue

Since the next Freedom mag will no doubt be on the subject or religious intolerance, with Anonymous as the top offender, I would like to offer OSA some ideas of how to continue to fire bullets in the location where your legs used to be.

Call anonymous an internet hate machine.

Call them suppressive personalities.

Call them anti-religious extremists.

Call them nazis.

Call them KKK.

Call them terrorists.

Call them kids who have no idea of what they are doing but are just there because this was a good reason to have a street party.

Call them liars who just want to use the Church's prominent position to gain some publicity.

And then call them an EPIC FAIL.

This is guaranteed to shorten the time it'll take to get yourself extricated out of the church.

I recommend it thoroughly.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I think the "cyber-terrorist" line isn't really working too well. The positioning with Al Queda... I don't know.

What would happen if the public begins to see that you are, once again, LYING?

They have eyes, they can see what Anonymous is doing, after all. And pretty soon they will get that no terrorism is happening.

Then what will you do, OSA?

It's quite a pickle for you, isn't it?

I have a suggestion.

Why don't you:

1. Stop Enforced Abortions in the Sea Org

2. Stop Destroying famiilies through the despicable practice of Enforced Disconnection

3. Ensure the Freedom of Speech for all Scientologists in the Structure of your Church

4. Get rid of David Miscavige and replace him with someone who will follow the Creed of the Church of Scientology?

If you did those 4 things, everything would stop.

If you don't, well, everything will continue, and your church will completely collapse.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to 15 March 08.

Are you?

See you soon, OSA!