What's new

Welcome to the newbies

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello Cyberdrifter,

Welcome to ESMB.

My advice would be for you to read as much as possible both here on ESMB and Lermanet.com and OCMB front pages.

Spend the next 6 months reading everything you can about Scientology, including all the ex members stories, then if you still want to persue this, be prepared to be brainwashed heavily.

I don't want to be reading about you, a few years down the line, having had your brain messed with, like so many others.

Sharone

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
How would I find him or PM him? (Terril Park)

You will find his contact data here.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/member.php?u=19

I would caution you to check out very thoroughly any freezoner you are considering getting services from. Being freezone, they can deliver anything.

Take the above advice from Sharone and read much on this board first.

Above all, stay far, far away from the church of Scientology.

Good luck.

clover72p

Hello all!

Is this where I start to bare my soul about a part of my life that seems like it came from a galaxy long, long ago? Yes, it still haunts me in dreams, but in my waking life I just have fond memories of people I was close to and wonderful moments working for a cause I thought would change the world. Right up front I'll say I have no interest in reviving the tech or arguing over what went wrong. I'm just hoping some people I knew and cared for then will recognize me and let me know how they are doing. I was COSMOD staff 1975 through 1980. I did my levels at the Portland Org. My husband was an auditor at the Mission. We loved the tech big time. We ate, drank, and slept it! When things went sour for us, we reported it to Ron, because surely he didn't know. Oh baby, how hard the comedown, the wasted days of trying to reorient ourselves to the reality of the situation.

Dan Locke, I know you called me a while back, but I had no idea where your loyalties lie and didn't want to complicate my life with any connection from Scientology. But if anyone, including you Dan, just wants to catch up or thinks you might know me or my hubby, give me a private message at [email protected] (clover's a little hint for those of you who knew me).:coolwink:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually, this probably belongs elsewhere, but Hey, :wave: Hello and :welcome2: Sounds to me you were one of the lucky ones, getting out so early on. Maybe start a thread and say all above again. Tell your story. :yes: Plenty here would love to hear it, commiserate. :thumbsup:

Rapt Reader

Patron
Hello all!

Is this where I start to bare my soul about a part of my life that seems like it came from a galaxy long, long ago? Yes, it still haunts me in dreams, but in my waking life I just have fond memories of people I was close to and wonderful moments working for a cause I thought would change the world. Right up front I'll say I have no interest in reviving the tech or arguing over what went wrong. I'm just hoping some people I knew and cared for then will recognize me and let me know how they are doing. I was COSMOD staff 1975 through 1980. I did my levels at the Portland Org. My husband was an auditor at the Mission. We loved the tech big time. We ate, drank, and slept it! When things went sour for us, we reported it to Ron, because surely he didn't know. Oh baby, how hard the comedown, the wasted days of trying to reorient ourselves to the reality of the situation.
:coolwink:

Hey, clover72p~~You've already got me hooked :) If you go to the My Story section in the Forum and tell yours, I promise to read it all, and act appropriately :wink2: Every story opens up a new world of information for me (a non-Scn) and I love reading them...I also can't believe (though I do believe what the tellers tell) that a world like yours existed, and it's very eye-opening for me. When you are ready to write it, I will be there to read it :yes:

fcdcclassof74

Lately there have been a lot of new names on the board and I can't get around to welcoming everybody individually.

No welcome necessary. Though a thank you to you is in order. I frequent a number of indie blogs and sites since leaving services at the corporate church. It is sanity I seek and an auditor I had in the early seventies Mark Loser. Eventually I'd like to finish my auditor training as well as my auditing. I have seen things written about the lack of gains in scientology well I had great person gains but the admin drove me off so I say kudos to LRH. ARC Bill Dupree

Lately there have been a lot of new names on the board and I can't get around to welcoming everybody individually.

No welcome necessary. Though a thank you to you is in order. I frequent a number of indie blogs and sites since leaving services at the corporate church. It is sanity I seek and an auditor I had in the early seventies Mark Loser. Eventually I'd like to finish my auditor training as well as my auditing. I have seen things written about the lack of gains in scientology well I had great person gains but the admin drove me off so I say kudos to LRH. ARC Bill Dupree

yup

join the club

they drove me off with a GO BS cycle

same with so many who still harbor one degree or another of affininty for auditing and training

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes!! Isn't it amazing all the new people coming forward!! It's really fantastic! Something in the air!:happydance: It's such a fantastic sign, and although I'm pretty new here too, I'd like to also welcome all the new people that I may not have gotten around to welcoming yet. Hoping to connect with you all soon.

Love.. Pix:thumbsup:
my god pixie, if you are a noob, i am just a hershey bar in emmas back pocket;)

WhatWouldXenuDo?

Hello all, I am a newbie, and glad to be here!

My family spent the first month of summer break in Clearwater, Florida from the time I was 5 til I graduated from high school. As the years went by, each subsequent summer Clearwater seemed to become more and more populated by Scientologists. When you would be in the tourist traps proper, you would be accosted by young people, with happy smiles and the image of wanting to save the world, and you with it. On a walk through town one day, I was approached and offered a "personality test" .... my dad was near enough to hear the young man talking to me, and before I knew what was happening he pretty much forcibly removed me from the conversation and told the man to never EVER EVER even walk on the same side of the street as me, and tell his other disciples the same.
Color me bewildered and confused at the time, but now I can't thank him enough. I was exactly the kind of candidate Scientology would be thrilled to indoctrinate.
That summer my dad absolutely forbid the topic of scientology and we sure didnt walk the town much.
As I got older, my dad was honest about his fear of scientology and back then he said "CULT".... So I count myself lucky.
Cut to years later, my very best friend-my soul sister got wrapped up in a cult situation, nothing nearly as organized--more like a Manson Family--I haven't seen her in five years.
Sorry, this is a bit discombobulated, I swear I usually more coherent!

Nixus

Hello everyone, I'm still getting used to the format here as it's a little different from another site where I've been a member for a while.
Thank you for the welcome message too, I find the replies from other newbies useful to read as for me they set the tone of the forum and so far it's all good.

Last edited:

DanLocke

Patron with Honors
Dan Locke, I know you called me a while back, but I had no idea where your loyalties lie and didn't want to complicate my life with any connection from Scientology. But if anyone, including you Dan, just wants to catch up or thinks you might know me or my hubby, give me a private message at [email protected] (clover's a little hint for those of you who knew me).:coolwink:

Hello there, sorry I missed this till now. Writing you now.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

So I just wanted to say a big HELLO and WELCOME to everyone!

Hi Emma,

I came here 2 years ago and began posting. No back story, just an assortment of posts that I'd like to think became increasingly coherent.

ESMB for me has been tremendously cathartic, enlightening, funny, sometimes frustrating but ultimately wonderful place to exchange and express ideas.

I want to thank the many people here, and you especially, for contributing so mightily to crashing Scientology's stats.

OSA has no way of dealing with this "marketplace of ideas" that you've created, and I know it drives them c-r-a-z-y that an open forum exists where their abuses and crimes,

past and present, are exposed & illuminated for the world to see.

So I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to YOU, and all those here, who've shared their thoughts and experiences and made this such a wonderfully stimulating "marketplace."

Len Zinberg
Clear #5549 (yeah, right!)
NYO Staff '69-72
FOLO EUS '72 - 75
G.O. Volunteer '70 -'89 (to my everlasting shame)

There's no need to reply to this post, folks. Let's keep it a welcome to newbies thread, and anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you and especially Emma!

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, Pixie was one funny (both peculiar and haha) lady. We've had such an odd and interesting assortment of people here over the years.

The bottom line for me has always been, ESMB; it can only get weirder. :)