What's new

Welcome to the Sea Org, parent!

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just as a note, I post my thoughts and my stories not for support or sympathy, but to let others know what they are getting into, if they so chose to think about joining the Sea Org.

It is the whole reason I posted my story, the whole reason I did the interview with the SP Times.

I want people to get an idea what it is like.

When I joined, I did not know what I was getting into. I would like to try to help others know, and for that reason, I write.

And write.

And write.

(And still I thank you all for your kind words and your support).

And thank-you so much for doing so. I am sure you have helped many people immensely. No-one should have to go through the crap that Scn serves up as normal.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
My mother was constantly sent out on missions. Which meant she was out of town for months at a time. We (my brother and I) would be at daycare - Sea Org style - from 7 AM to midnight every day. We would just look out the fence to see if mom was coming. It was months sometimes that we did not see her. (This went on from when I was 3, my brother was 5, until we were fully grown)
Even when she was around, we were always in daycare when we were young. She would pick us up in the dead of night. We were already asleep. It would be 11 or 12 at night. And back to daycare the next day early.

Seven days a week like that. For years and years and years.

----

Geeze, Bea. This is probably the saddest thing I ever read about the whole stupid, life-sucking cult we were in. :touched:

Thank you for all your writings; your story was pretty much the first thing I read when I woke up a couple years ago. It made quite an impression!

I'm so glad you are now part of your own new happy family! :wave:

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> And on top of the neglect, after I was an adult and a trained auditor, (sorry mom if you ever read this and think I am betraying you, but there is much betrayal on both of us, and maybe because I am declared and you won't talk to me, we will never ever clear it up) I ended up seeing her counselling folder and discovered that she has been calling me an SP since I was 5 years old. Wow. That was a big shock for me. <snip>
.. And this reminds me.. My scientology freind from three decades ago said about his newborn son, albeit out of earshot from the day old boy: 'He might be someone you don't like!'

Eh.. Claire asked in another thread about the first little signs of doubt.. I guess my freinds comment was that for me. (Didn't make me see the hideous flatulence of Hubbards philosophy though.. That happened years later..)

According to Hubbard children are big thetans in little bodies. So this insanity is holy scripture in scientology.. Not the road to freedom or happiness. - It's the road to hell!

:grouch:

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bea, you are breaking the cycle of neglect. Your daughter will have a different life, because you've chosen to be present for her. Even though you can't possibly do everything right (none of us can - even those raised by parents who were there), you're giving her opportunities that you never had, because of your love for her.

Good job, Mum.

byte301

Crusader
Bea,

I've thought all along what a remarkable person you are. Thank you for posting this.

You're daughter is so lucky to have you as her mommy. :yes:

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Bea, it was lovely reading your post.

The love never dies. My daughters are 26 and 29 now, and I would lay down my life in a heartbeat for them.

Your daughter is totally blessed.

:heartflower:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
:vacuum:

Oh mothers.

My mother loved Creedence Clearwater Revival. I thought the band had something to do with Scientology when I was a kid, hence they were twice as awesome!

Bless you Bea, all my best wishes to you and your family. :rose:

Pro-tip, fill their lives with music, if you can!

:floor:

Ah, will you look at that. A post where both Al and me are in agreement. The world shure is a strange place.

Magic in the realm where your eyesight goes to dark. :vacuum: