What's new

Well, I'm out now.

Roadrunner

Patron with Honors
Mick,

Thanks for that information that RR wasn't volunteering despite me having asked about it at least three times: He got as "high" up as Flag Mimeo!

Wow, that really makes him the King of Knowledge.

Now I know why he hasn't seen any confidential LRH advices and thinks the Church is being run on Green on White.

Ha!

I was already starting to wonder if we were dealing with another Barbara Schwartz type...

But that explains it to me.

He is just clueless.

(How would I know? Because I worked in Flag Mimeo for a bit in the early 90ies! You know absolutely nothing about what goes on at Int Management level when you're there! Not a goddamn thing.)

V

It is the use of knowledge that adjudicates what you are, not just to be at some place where there is knowledge available. By the way as a Msnaire you go places, and you see things. Broaden your view. You have no idea...

I think nothing, I observe.

Appears that I was correct to compare you with Mick Wenlock just now in a response to you in another post. :handinhand:

RR

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
It is the use of knowledge that adjudicates what you are, not just to be at some place where there is knowledge available. By the way as a Msnaire you go places, and you see things. Broaden your view. You have no idea...

I think nothing, I observe.

Appears that I was correct to compare you with Mick Wenlock just now in a response to you in another post. :handinhand:

RR

Poor man, always on the outside, never took part, knows nothing about what happened.

People who know nothing and just observe - they are called "trainspotters" in England. People who go round mindlessly trying to collect meaningless data and then try desperately to 'organize it'.

It's a form of autism and falls under Asperger's syndrome.

Perhaps you should go and receive some professional help. Scientology obviously was not able to help you.

Roadrunner

Patron with Honors
Poor man, always on the outside, never took part, knows nothing about what happened.

People who know nothing and just observe - they are called "trainspotters" in England. People who go round mindlessly trying to collect meaningless data and then try desperately to 'organize it'.

It's a form of autism and falls under Asperger's syndrome.

Perhaps you should go and receive some professional help. Scientology obviously was not able to help you.

Did you not stay in Scientology just because you had some great friends there... What was your participation all about?

You go from " I do not think, I observe." to "People who know nothing and just observe". Indeed this must be that Asperger's syndrome.

RR

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
RR has now fully exposed himself on the other thread ("Scientology wants me to change my website" thread) by doing the exact OSA pattern. So we can consider we're done with him and can simply ignore any further postings by him. He'll have to try again with another name.

Hope he'll be more inventive next time.

My advice: Just ignore him from now on. Don't waste your time.

Victor

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Did you not stay in Scientology just because you had some great friends there... What was your participation all about?

You go from " I do not think, I observe." to "People who know nothing and just observe". Indeed this must be that Asperger's syndrome.

RR

Jesus Christ, give it a rest already. Quit picking on Mick. God. Annoying!

Roadrunner

Patron with Honors
RR has now fully exposed himself on the other thread ("Scientology wants me to change my website" thread) by doing the exact OSA pattern. So we can consider we're done with him and can simply ignore any further postings by him. He'll have to try again with another name.

Victor

You play tricks. It is actually quite absurd, having a site like mine and then operating for OSA. Man, get your head examined...

RR

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Victor

Good advice, Victor.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hey RoadRunner -

They won't talk to you here anymore.

Why don't you come over to the Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom" thread?

I've got somebody I'd like you to meet.

mashugana

Patron

RR

He's right though, RR. You do come across as someone with Aspergers.
You're scoring way over the odds on both the DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria and also Gillberg's Criteria for diagnosis. Have you ever considered that you may have it?

Although, in my experience (as an un-informed non-scientologist), I have found scientologists in general to come across as lacking in empathy/ inappropriately indifferent to a degree that could be seen as Aspergers -I've always considered it a defining trait of the scientology mindset. Can anyone shed any light on this observation for me? I know very little about all this on an academic level - I only have my personal experiences of scientology for reference.

Roadrunner

Patron with Honors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner

RR

You're scoring way over the odds on both the DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria and also Gillberg's Criteria for diagnosis. Have you ever considered that you may have it?

Although, in my experience (as an un-informed non-scientologist), I have found scientologists in general to come across as lacking in empathy/ inappropriately indifferent to a degree that could be seen as Aspergers -I've always considered it a defining trait of the scientology mindset. Can anyone shed any light on this observation for me? I know very little about all this on an academic level - I only have my personal experiences of scientology for reference.

It's funny (and sad) these little games of man... Then we have this matter of obvious misduplication. Oh, well...

RR

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

I've met people with Aspergers.

I've met many Scientologists.

Not the same at all.

When you put people in a cultic environment and put a lot of pressure on them, they will act negatively.

Not all negativity and unfairness resemble(s) Asperger's. Far from it.

By that logic, the rather distressingly large percentage of critics who scream at CofS members and Freezoners to the point of net-stalking and net-copping them, or Henry VIII, who lied to and murdered people who'd been friends of his, or the Puritans with their witchhunts or the medieval and Elizabethan Christians with their inquisitions and pograms would resemble people with Asperger's.

They do not.

Neither do Scientologists.

And your generalization re Scientologists is duly noted. Doesn't hold water, though.

I really resent this comment. I was in CofS for years as were many people I knew and worked with- and am now a non CofS Scn'ist. I always bent over backwards trying to help others and to listen to my heart, as did my husband, my friends, and as do Scn'ists I know now. There are a lot of people here who spent years in CofS who've since left it.While I am sure that they, as I, had been stuck in a cultic situation and did do things to compromise their values and conscience, I sincerely doubt that the majority of them- if any of them- had any of the traits of a person with Asperger's.

Personally, I find this "what kind of bug is that" type post to be lacking in empathy. But hey, that's just me.

Roadrunner

Patron with Honors

Not the same at all.

When you put people in a cultic environment and put a lot of pressure on them, they will act negatively.

By that logic, the rather distressingly large percentage of critics who scream at CofS members and Freezoners to the point of net-stalking and net-copping them, or Henry VIII, who lied to and murdered people who'd been friends of his, or the Puritans with their witchhunts or the medieval and Elizabethan Christians with their inquisitions and pograms would resemble people with Asperger's.

They do not.

And your generalization re Scientologists is duly noted. Doesn't hold water, though.

I really resent this comment. I was in CofS for years as were many people I knew and worked with- and am now a non CofS Scn'ist. I always bent over backwards trying to help others and to listen to my heart, as did my husband, my friends, and as do Scn'ists I know now. There are a lot of people here who spent years in CofS who've since left it.While I am sure that they, as I, had been stuck in a cultic situation and did do things to compromise their values and conscience, I sincerely doubt that the majority of them- if any of them- had any of the traits of a person with Asperger's.

Personally, I find this "what kind of bug is that" type post to be lacking in empathy. But hey, that's just me.

Thank you! In this instance here it is used in an attempt to put someone else down. Quite improper as you say either way.

RR

mashugana

Patron

Not the same at all.

Totally agree.

Absolutely agree, I was making reference specifically to lack of empathy and inappropriate indifference as traits - I didn't mention active traits such as negativity or unfairness - you're absolutely right these are not cited as symptoms of Aspergers.

They do not.

Absolutely agree, I was making reference specifically to lack of empathy and inappropriate indifference as traits - I didn't mention active traits such as lieing, murder, stalking - you're absolutely right these are not cited as symptoms of Aspergers.

Personally, I find this "what kind of bug is that" type post to be lacking in
empathy. But hey, that's just me.

Thanks - that's interesting. No offence meant. Just an observation of the scientologists I have been involved with. I was interested to know if people saw it as part of/a symptom of a mindset - Fully accept it may be specific to the people I know. Also fully accept your remark about 'what kind of bug is that' could be interpreted as lacking in empathy (maybe I'm the one with aspergers... shit.... p'raps it's genetic and it was nothing to do with scientology after all......),

but like I said, I only have my personal experiences of scientology for reference and in my experience the lack of empathy and a kind of indifference seemed to increase the more the people I knew were involved. They seemed less there (in every repect). At the time I did feel there were similarities to a person I'd met with (and what I know of) Aspergers. I put it down simply to the idea that their mind was so busy with other stuff - that's how it seemed. Also more recently someone has explained to me in more depth scientology belief systems - and it made sense to me how someone following them could be well intentioned but come across as completely uncaring to people that love them/have certain expectations of them outside the 'church'.

I understand my lack of understanding in all of this is may come across as offensive to some people and un-pc (ie un-'politically correct' not the other pc). It's absolutely not intended - I'm trying to understand. Thanks for replying to my post.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
But like I said, I only have my personal experiences of scientology for reference and in my experience the lack of empathy and a kind of indifference seemed to increase the more the people I knew were involved. They seemed less there (in every repect). At the time I did feel there were similarities to a person I'd met with (and what I know of) Aspergers. I put it down simply to the idea that their mind was so busy with other stuff - that's how it seemed. Also more recently someone has explained to me in more depth scientology belief systems - and it made sense to me how someone following them could be well intentioned but come across as completely uncaring to people that love them/have certain expectations of them outside the 'church'.

I understand my lack of understanding in all of this is may come across as offensive to some people and un-pc (ie un-'politically correct' not the other pc). It's absolutely not intended - I'm trying to understand. Thanks for replying to my post.

It seems to me that Mashugana is doing his/her best to understand Scientology and its effect on people.

Fluffy - maybe you should not take offense so quickly and help Mashugana the best you can.