What's new

We're not done with the Church of Scientology yet.

I'm not cocnfining you to anything.

You said that Hubbard's concepts could be taken piecemeal.

Which of Hubbard's idea do you agree with that you think can be taken piecemeal and then define and explain it for me without using any other of Hubbard's concepts.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Umm. Listing. It can be taken item by item.

[Couldn't resist. :coolwink:]

Mark A. Baker :)

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not cocnfining you to anything.

You said that Hubbard's concepts could be taken piecemeal.

Which of Hubbard's idea do you agree with that you think can be taken piecemeal and then define and explain it for me without using any other of Hubbard's concepts.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Allright. Now we have a more sensible question.

I think that procedures of auditing - meaning the do's and don'ts of it as described in what is called Basic Auditing, are very very good indeed. Don't invalidate the pc, don't evaluate, listen to what he says, grant beingness to him or her, allow them to formulate their own answers and find their own solutions to things - all of that sort of thing is excellent in counselling and should be adopted by others in the field. Psychotherapists and so on.

The idea of gradient scales is good - getting away from two-valued logic and adopting multi-valued systems.

The general approach of auditing - in Dianetics, to confront in PT that which was not confronted in life; in Scio, to consider and itsa upon opposite poles on various issues - leading to something such as an EP for the process. This is a good approach. Also the positing and holding of beingness-concepts as in Rising Scale processing. Other types of auditing too. Yes - Listing and Nulling is superb in skilled hands.

That's three for starters. Now none of them were taken to perfection and certainly they are not applied by the CofS.

And for all I know he may have plagiarised some of these from others - no matter, he recognised the value of them and incorporated them into his subject.

I'm sure I could find more good areas if needed. But now you tell me what's your point with asking this question?