What's new

We've copped a blow - Let's not cop it on the chin!

byte301

Crusader
The answer to your question is, Yes.
The probablity of you reading about it here on ESMB is, about Zero.

BTW, it's Sunday afternoon here, we're from the future.

Okay Panda, thanks.

But why can't we hear about it? Is it like a state secret or something? I love a mystery! I'm like a dog with a bone with mysterys.

byte301

Crusader
There was quite a bit of contention over this one, byte, and it'd be fair to say that not everything came out in the open.......It seldom does with such things, and we the public aren't privy to what goes on behind closed doors in Parliament.

What we do know, is that at the eleventh hour there was a new chairman, that we and Larry Brennan ended up being included in proceedings, that our submissions ended up being accepted, and that it all turned out well in the end. Regardless of what may or may not have been going on behind closed doors, thumbs up to the committee which made the decisions at the end of the day......It was transparent and gave everyone a fair go, I thought.

The findings will be out this week......I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. :)

Opps. I was posting at the same time you were Carmel! Well, I can't wait for the findings! This is great news.

I'd just love to know why they denied those submissions in the first place. I got busy with other things and completely missed some of this. I was surprised to see some submissions from other countries didn't get denied. Mine was denied so that pissed me off.

I also couldn't believe yours got denied initially.

I guess we'll never know until Xenophon writes his memoirs?

Opps. I was posting at the same time you were Carmel! Well, I can't wait for the findings! This is great news.

Don't expect too much exciting news in the official findings. Any official report will most certainly be strictly limited to the tax exemption question. I doubt very much there will be ANY mention of the Co$ by name, possible but unlikely. That wasn't the function of the committee. :no:

The win lies in having created an official public discussion which in part addressed concerns of Co$ abuses and having had relevant testimony concerning abusive practices by the church officially accepted and entered into the public record. All of which is actually HUGE! So Major Kudos to Carmel & the Ozzies are fully warranted! :clap:

Mark A. Baker

byte301

Crusader
Don't expect too much exciting news in the official findings. Any official report will most certainly be strictly limited to the tax exemption question. I doubt very much there will be ANY mention of the Co$ by name, possible but unlikely. That wasn't the function of the committee. :no:

The win lies in having created an official public discussion which in part addressed concerns of Co$ abuses and having had relevant testimony concerning abusive practices by the church officially accepted and entered into the public record. All of which is actually HUGE! So Major Kudos to Carmel & the Ozzies are fully warranted! :clap:

Mark A. Baker

Yes, I didn't expect much mention of the cult. I'd just like to see what their conclusions were.