What's new

What are OT POWERS?

Vinaire

Sponsor
I havent accused anyone personally of doing an A=A. A lot of the critics are very unfocused in their analysis' of the church, the tech and LRH. If one is going to attack the tech then it should be focused on tech.

Why is the tech bad? Is it because a particular person originated it? Is it because it wasn't developed in a peer reviewed fashion? These are the 2 usual criticisms of scientology tech. And this simply isn't valid criticism.

There needs to be a valid criteria of the weaknesses of the tech, and I don't see much around. I personally think the tech is very difficult to attack effectively without falling into erroneous areas such as it's "just hypnotism" or "black magick". That is why people bring LRH's life into it or the cofs' abusive practices, as it's a good way of doing generalized damage to the tech.

IMO, when the church is as-ised properly, much of the problems it causes will cease. I think forums like this go some way to doing that and I see the church will end up shrinking. I personally view criticism on the tech as weak, and this weakens the criticism of the church. Which strengthens its position. It actually breeds A=A in church members (and doesn't help them change their organization or leave) as they see criticism of their church being used as a criticism of the tech, and so they go: critics=anti-tech=anti-spiritual freedom.

It's a reactive game both ways.

Ad hominem. This is another way to attack the tech - imply it makes one self-centred. Add some substance to that assertion to make it a strong argument.

It's a fine line between seeing things in similarities and seeing things reactively. It's a matter of not painting everything the same colour. Once one can think more in terms of differentiation then I think their analytical mind is working pretty well, granting of beingness occurs and real spiritual awareness is possible.

The whole emphasis of Hubbard's tech is on INDIVIDUALITY and away from NIRVANA. This is wrong. It ends up building up the ego and, thus, involvement in games conditions.

Just look at Hubbard. He found enemies all around him and hid from them, until he could not even hide. He was miserable in the end.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Amen!

I am cause and I am effect, in perfect harmony. How could it be otherwise?

Ronnie fixated on one side of the polarity and therefore fixed himself and his disciples to forever be stuck in the Illusion. That was Hubbard's trap. Whether he knowingly did this or not is subject to speculation. He did however do it.

Here, I create a cause and receive its effect. There, you cause the receipt of the effect. We are both cause and effect and paradoxically neither. Here is there and there is here. And all is One. :happydance:

The way I look at it, both cause and effect are out there. Ideally, one won’t be identified with either of them.

Natively, one has no identity (NIRVANA), not even as an INDIVIDUAL.

Saying “I am cause and I am effect, in perfect harmony” is not possible. It will only bring about a confusion of identities.

The basic trap is assuming any identity at all… even thinking oneself to be an individual. Thus, both Scientology and Knowledgism are limited in this respect.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Yes - every rundown includes both sides. :)

To permeate masses and charge requires the ability to be willing effect - to process the positive requires the willingness to be the effect of the consequences you have created.

The key to unlocking the Games Matrices Packages is entered in most cases by finding and being willing to permeate the effect point. :happydance:

The effect point gives you and the client the holographic pattern of their harmful causes.

It is the resistence to being effect that sticks the person at effect - thus the "must be cause" solution idiocy! :)

:thumbsup:

Alan

How about the willingness to lose any and all individuality for ever?

I know that Hubbard was unwilling to have that effect. Is a Knowledgist willing to have that effect?

This is a question not just directly to Alan. Anybody may answer.

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
You're correct - it should.

Perhaps instead of cultivating a sort of an autistic attitude of reclusion, like the one advocated in the CofS, while working on one's be/do/have stable data it could be better to put them to real test in the real world.

Like evaluating OTIII (I'm including NOTS level in III too) "against" the works of Kant, Heigel, Sartre, Malreaux, Socrates etc. and the whole auditing skills to those of Freud, Yung, Lacan etc. And the whole of it comparing to the practices in the East, Buddhism, Tao, Martial Arts, etc. And see how it fits with practices like theosophy, Blavatsky, Gurdjieff, etc.

And the whole management tech with the current trends of that tech in the world. And see how it all relates to Art. Like how the south music rhythms induce hypnotic trance states, their source being found in shamanic/voodoo/healers practices.

Etc. - there is so much to discover. And to see how that potentially can shake up one's stable data is GOOD in my opinion.

And when I write "against" in the above, I'm not suggesting an "I have the best tech and am going to discover how wrong all the others are" attitude, but rather seeing what truth they all contain.

Musashi, in his "the book of five rings" sums it up very well, at least I like that attitude, it helps me to become a better guitarist:

"* Do not think dishonestly.
* The Way is in training.
* Become aquainted with every art.
* Know the Ways of all professions.
* Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.
* Develop intuitive judgement and understanding for everything.
* Perceive those things which cannot be seen.
* Pay attention even to trifles.
* Do nothing which is of no use"

Musashi was an invincible samurai, never lost a battle, and retired at the age of 40 (or so) and turned his skills into Art. The attitude above, I suppose, was his stable data, and those were stable enough.

Very well said!

Vinaire

Sponsor
The 1st thing is charge is NOT a case condition! :omg:

It is always real time.

It is purely spiritual.

It occurs spontaneously.

There are 3 causes of charge:

1. A STOP.

2. A SLOW.

3. A NULLIFICATION.

It is always PT based.

Case accumulates from previous by-passed charged areas that have been "solved" by disconnection. It gives the apparency of being the source of charge - it is NOT - YOU ARE.

The more power you have the bigger the explosion then subsequent implosion of STOPPED power you create when you hit a stop, slow or nullification of the exercise of that power.

If you have ever been in a hurry to get somewhere on time and someone cuts in front of you and slows you down or you get in a traffic jam - you will experience the spontaneous creation of charge.

Scio to my knowledge has no tech to handle charge - it has the tech of handling by-passed charge - it does this by de-accessessing the case that accumulated connected to the charge.

Scio stopped handling the PT stops on charge in 1963 when Hubbard eliminated the "old model session".

Hubbard became more and more charged after he lost his auditor - MSH.

This occurred when she discovered he had betrayed her in September of 1962.

MSH became too charged to process correctly.

The loss of processor is one of the greatest causes of charge there is - as it stops the PT progress of the being.

BTW everyone on planet earth is a processor - they either run positive processes, negative processes or nullification processes. Depends on their levels of awareness and intent. :omg:

Alan

“Charge building up” is like a spring being coiled further, or a condenser gathering voltage, or pressure building up in a boiler. In short it is a flow being backed up like in a dam. It is trying to release itself. As a consequence many case conditions come about.

“By-passed charge” would be a like a dam that is persisting through time.

Present time “charge build up” may be avoided by “experiencing without resisting.” Please see KHTK #2 EXPERIENCING.

Bypassed charge (already built up charge persisting in time) may be discharged by
(1) Locating it through non-optimum attention. Please see KHTK #3 NON-OPTIMUM ATTENTION.
(2) Looking and experiencing at that location without thinking and without resisting. Please see KHTK #1 LOOKING.

This can be done most of the time by oneself without requiring another person to process you.

Vinaire

Sponsor
:)

Yes!

I have gone years at a time where the idea of "releasing charge" became meaningless or irrelevant. :)

But in the attempts to increase my reach - I moved into new layers of "charge" - simply because there were more unknowns and stops caused by my lack of skills, and subject illiteracy.

This is a completely new way of operating (for me)- it is made difficult by the lack of fellow travelers. :grouch:

It truly takes a team - preferably a team of masters of different subjects - slowly the team is taking form - if you read the atributes of the Green Zone - you will find the frames of operating references.

Multiple viewpoints are the key to bringing this team - as a co-creating operating team into being.

I'm not willing to put the data on this list - I put pieces occasionally - just to gauge the reactions - also to observe the truth of it :)

A right item for some is often a wrong item for others :omg:

Also realize it is a work in progress. :melodramatic:

Alan

In physics there are charged particles like electrons and protons. There are also uncharged particles like neutrons. Neutrons have no charge but they have mass.

So, I believe that once the charge on a case is handled, there is still mass there that needs to be handled. This mass is usually in the form of weighty ideas. Thus, beyond the handling of charge one would be looking at ideas.

A person with fixed ideas may be quite happy in the environment he is in because those fixed ideas perfectly align his confusion in that environment. But when he moves to a different environment where those fixed ideas no longer work in constraining the confusion, then those fixed ideas actually become a constant source of charge.

Thus, beyond auditing charge, there is auditing of those ideas one is using to constrain one’s confusions.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Sorry I left you stranded on this LH - but I was booked all day giving sessions.....started very early 5.00 a.m.ish finished 11.40 p.m. Almost a 16 hour in the chair day :)

Not too bad for a "retarded old geezer" who just turned 72 today! :clap:

For some reason yesterday many of my clients had an urgent need to expand their reach as they had big deals pending - "book contracts," "take over corporate situations," '"writers block," "better family relationships," the usual stuff! :)

Any way back to the question:

When did Scio and LRH change from validating others and using the question only method - to telling people what to run in session?

There was a HCOB in late '63 or ealy '64 that stated: "The only reason people get into implants was because of by-passed-charge."

I cannot find that bulletin anywhere so I guess it was pulled.

The Original SHSBC was by invitation only - the invitatation was to the best auditors only - should you not measure up you were sent back to a lower Org to get retrained. This happened to several people.

In those days Org and Saint Hill staffs only worked a 40 hour week.......it was very safe.....there were no Unethical Officers to bother you. Most staff spent their spare time co-auditing and training.

The students on the SHSBC for the most part had thousands of hours of processing each; as well as doing thousands of hours on others.

It was definitely a co-create team contribution - Ron was very friendly most of the time - was fairly close to the students and often attended parties and get togethers with MSH and other students. It was the best of all worlds.

There was not an HGC at that time.

Bottom line SH had a twelve year backlog of incompletly trained people to draw from........by late '63 the veteran auditors had graduated and that backlog had dried up......so the doors were open to almost anyone........consequently SH became highly charged as most of the new arrivees came to get their cases fixed.

Also at the same time Ron was getting more charged.......Org situations were impinging on him.....Victoria, Oz was working to ban Scio.......the students were making an utter mess of the co-auditing.....this continued until June '64.

BTW you co-processed on the material before you studied it - thus you had mass and a definite wanting to know the material.

It was the complete opposite of how training and study is done today. I've made 1,000's of processors over the years using this method and I still use this method.

I graduated the 1st Briefing Course in September 1963 - as a Class IV with Honors - the highest you could go in those days - I was only the 2nd person to get Honors - I got married and came back in December '63 with my wife so she could do the BC and I also began my 2nd BC.

On the surface the course curriculm had not changed - but the tone level had and there were more upset students.......there was even a "Goon Squad" section for those who repeatedly screwed up in auditing....the GPM Tech was failing on almost everyone........it got so bad that often on a Monday morning 90% of the students in the Z unit were home in bed sick or in hospital. Poor old Herbie and Reg Sharpe had to go around to the hospitals and houses to recover them.

I was finished with my check sheets so I offered to clean up all the failing students.......my auditing room was the "boiler room" - every day I would have lines of people needing sessions.......some unconscious, (they used to put them in a wheel barrow to bting them to me.) It was during this time I created the correction Lists.....L4 first and L1 second. I got so accomplished at fixing cases that it rarely took me more that 10 mins to get the clients indicators back in and their case condition sorted out. Qual also did not exist in those days.

Ron redirected the Z units attention to going after implants - but it was still done by following the pc's line. But he became more suggestive during his lectures as many of the students were getting hopelessly bogged down.

This continued until June '64.....then Ron started to push certain discoveries he'd made - the Implant Platens, etc, - this changed the whole complexion of the processing.

The "Goon Squad" now became the forerunner to solo. Basically they were given R6EW to do.

(gotta client - will get back to this shortly.)

It is good to know Alan’s birth date. His life spanned from 15th December 1935 to 27th November 2009 if I remember correctly... almost 74 years. I think Hubbard died at about 75. Does Scientology has any effect on the life span of a person?

It is interesting to look at what was going on when Hubbard and Scientology changed directions from client-oriented to an ideology-oriented approach.

I like Alan’s reasoning here. SHSBC originally was for old-timers who had gone through hard knocks within Scientology. They could handle a lot of stuff by themselves. When most of them graduated, SHSBC started to cater to relatively inexperienced Scientologists. They probably demanded a lot more hand holding so Hubbard decided to oblige them with pre-cooked tech.

I think that Hubbard was basically running out of steam too, and he was not happy with his case.

Vinaire

Sponsor

Bottom line is the earlier Tech was repackaged into psychic weaponary to bring about a controlled subservient being. The Study and Training Techs were to bring about a compliant being who thought exactly like him - but at all times obey him and occupy a lower level and position than him.

The "upper-levels" are in fact the lowest levels - matching terminal with bts - at least you should be matching terminals with the Gods and even the big G! :)

The truth is most Scio's have gone from some self-determinism to co-dependency on a false artificial "bridge."

BTW this false artificial "bridge" is co-created by most of us - it stems from our OWN fear of power.:dieslaughing:

Alan

Very interesting!

I find upper levels simply an effort to correct what was missed at the lower levels. The lower levels when done with KHTK approach would far surpass the upper levels.

Looks like, after 1964-65, LRH was deperately trying to control himself (his case), and this spilled over to controlling others, which he could easily do with his position of power over the Scientology empire.

If one has to control one's case, one's existence is not effortless.

Last edited:

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Oh my

Well you certainly got some ideas from all the responses. I kinda think you aleady know. And that's OK too. We all need some agreement from time to time. The question is valid and I don't believe ex-Scn have like to use the term OT. W:coolwink:hat about you?

Vinaire

Sponsor
Well you certainly got some ideas from all the responses. I kinda think you aleady know. And that's OK too. We all need some agreement from time to time. The question is valid and I don't believe ex-Scn have like to use the term OT. W:coolwink:hat about you?

I would like to know what OT powers truly are?

I like Buddhist mindfulness and kindness, and not a show of ego.

Vinaire

Sponsor
You are mixing apples and oranges - tsk, tsk, - creating something workable, harmonious and beautiful is one sequence of actions.

Strangely much easier to do than erasing and destroying completely something no-longer needed.

Processing depends totally on the itsa-maker line - if this get stopped or cut then nothing changes.

Partial in session is not full in session.

Putting something there is not the same cycles of actions as is erasing something.

Yes but my sweet, confused little Guitarist do you aspire to be a BIG Guitarist or an itsy-bitsy Guitarists bt? :)

They would have been right - I was! :)

I hated Australians and football was a perfectly legitimate way to beat the crap out of them! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

What has creating something or playing a game got to do with processing? They are diametrically opposed activities.

Unless you use the game to trigger that which you are unwilling to duplicate and use processing to run it out.

Bulding an Organization is a creative process = Putting something there.

Removing unwanted past creations is destructive processing = Removing something.

Alan

Does a man’s aberration influence the knowledge he is imparting?

May be, may be not. It is hard to tell because when one looks at any knowledge imparted by another, one’s own interpretation comes in between too.

Knowledge is what it is. All one needs to be aware of is how it is being interpreted. Whether it is being interpreted by another, or by oneself, does not matter.

WHAT MATTERS IS HOW KNOWLEDGE IS BEING FILTERED THROUGH.

And this is what processing is. It is looking at alter-is. Is it important to identify the source of alter-is? Maybe, but that is secondary. What is of primary importance is identifying the alter-is.

Processing depends on looking at something for what it is. You may call it an itsa (“it is a”)-maker line, but that is just a fancy way of saying the same thing. It’s basic nature is LOOKING WITHOUT THINKING. Any computation simply adds to what is there.

The identity one is assuming also acts as a filter to knowledge. Knowing this, one needs to eliminate "the filter of identity" to grasp knowledge for itself.

Once a particular knowledge is grasped, a person uses it to create things to be viewed. Of course, one introduces alter-is to one’s creation to make it persist. It is a joy for others to then look at that creation as well as to spot the underlying alter-isness. It is like solving a puzzle... my favorite thing to do.

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
That must have been when they were plotting together to get Operation Snow White going! :melodramatic:

Or was it when MSH issued private instructions to Jane Kember and the GO to secretly take over Scio from LRH and the SO? :melodramatic: :melodramatic:

Oh! I'm so cynical! :melodramatic: :melodramatic: :melodramatic:

Yes! That is a cynical view for sure.

All of us interpret what we see through our viewpoint.

Vinaire

Sponsor
To eliminate one's reactive mind one would have to eliminate one's ability to respond to an origination.

That would require that you nullify all intentions!

Or better still never originate or intend anything.

Music is predicated in causing a response or reaction to what is being played.

Playing tennis you can easily observe the ACT - REACT aspect of a game - the server serves the tennis ball to the opponent - the receiving opponent reacts or responds to the placement of the ball and returns service - there would be no games if this did not take place. :omg:

Posting on this board is an ACT - REACT game.

Sometimes we may even record what is written - and place it in our minds. :bigcry:

Alan

ACT - REACT is just out there. It is the is-ness. It is a part of the nature of this physical universe. The point is one can identify oneself with it, or be a totally detached observer.

The reactive mind is a part of the physical universe. It is not a part of you unless you identify yourself with it.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Respond

INTRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To make a reply; answer. See synonyms at answer.

2. To act in return or in answer.

3. To react positively or favorably: The patient has responded rapidly to the treatment.

TRANSITIVE VERB: To give as a reply; answer.

ETYMOLOGY: Middle English responden, from Old French respondre, from Latin respondre : re-, re- + spondre, to promise;

As an aside I was doing some Games Matrix running - when I collided with the fact that every Games Matrix Package was held in place by an unknown "held down seven" counter intention.

It got me looking at how Games are set up and the mechanics of a Game - it also blew to view something I was unwilling to be the effect off - the response or reaction factor that came instantly into being from an intention, vision or origination.

That unwillingness to be effect - was what was keeping in place the oppositon. :happydance:

Alan

A response can be totally mechanical or totally knowing.

Yes, unwillingness to be effect is essentially putting up a resistance, and the resistance makes the opposition persist.

Looks like my viewpoint has changed from what it was a couple of years ago. It is an evolutionary process. One has to go through whatever one has to go through.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Your above statement says you are devoid of understanding of what Scio Tech is per LRH Axiom 20: -

AXIOM 20.

BRINGING THE STATIC TO CREATE A PERFECT DUPLICATE CAUSES THE VANISHMENT OF ANY EXISTENCE OR PART THEREOF.

A perfect duplicate is an additional creation of the object, its energy, and space, in its own space, in its own time, using its own energy. This violates the condition that two objects must not occupy the same space, and causes a vanishment of the object.

I hate to tell you this Case - if Axiom 20 is true - then there will be no secrets about anyone or anything as you rise up the dynamics and the scales.

If you want a perfect duplication of Scio's 3rd dynamic and its Technologies then there will be an additional creation of the object, its energy, and space, in its own space, in its own time, using its own energy - the same goes if you fully want to be at one with LRH or God or any other being.

Great people study and attempt to perfectly duplicate great people - that is how one usually gets to be great. :happydance:

Those that do not want to know - or do not want you to know - will be known by their degraded positions and degraded states of their dynamics.

If your auditor had secrets from you - it will interfere with the session - if your auditor is charged in an area - they will attempt to steer you away from the area of charge - if the auditor has a hidden agenda - they will process you to agree to it.......:grouch:

Love is in fact a form of perfect duplication of the greatness of spirit - secrets violate love - and one of the EPs of processing is an increase of love across the dynamics.....:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Pure love is possibly the most far reaching OT power! :melodramatic:

Alan

I interpret Axiom 20 as follows:

(1) One is creating the perfect duplicate by creating the original postulate, along with the additives of alter-is-nesses and not-is-nesses in the original sequence.

(2) This may appear as creating the perfect duplicate in one’s mind, but the boundary between the mind and physical universe is arbitrary.

(3) Creating a perfect duplicate is simply creating what is in front of one’s eyes from scratch.

(4) And if one can do that then one knows how to uncreate it too.

(5) One is then no longer convinced of the solidity of existence or any part of it.

(6) One then experiences true freedom of choice.

Scientology’s technologies are being duplicated slowly but surely. As this happens these technologies are going to disappear and replaced by other forms such as Knowledgism, Idenics, etc. This will certainly happen if a duplication of Scientology technologies reveals them to be non-viable.

By perfectly duplicating great people one can then re-create in one’s own life what those great people created in theirs, because those creations are viable.

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
As you are millions of "oneself" - which oneself are you selecting as the Prime you? :)

My understanding of OT is now as follows:

(1) Self is a mock-up including the prime self. This is what Buddha discovered.

(2) Most OT ability would be to dissolve the self completely, even the prime self.

(3) And then have another self appear.

A self is basically a postulate. There is only the phenomenon of selves appearing and disappearing. There is no WHO or WHAT underlying the appearance of these POSTULATES (SELVES).

If I can dissolve myself completely then I shall be OT. OT is an “Operating Thetan” is a misnomer as it is an attachment to some prime self (individuality).

Vinaire

Sponsor
Great post Kevin!

I like Aikido - where you take the motion or force coming at you and not resist it - most attempts at stopping or preventing a person from doing anything is easily handled with a simple appreciation of the other persons viewpoint or concern.

Using an answer such as; "I appreciate your concern and those questions you have about what I'm doing have occurred to me - I will keep my eyes open - but for now I'm getting a lot out of it." (must be genuine!) :)

Alan

Very true!

Vinaire

Sponsor
I now believe that the state of "Operating Thetan," or its equivalent in Knowledgism, is simply designed to give one a feeling of success and superiority in the MEST universe.

It gives one an apparency of freedom, but it sticks one more into the MEST universe. What sticks is a WIN and not necessarily a loss.

The state of "Operating Thetan" is an ordinary, success-oriented state. It is not a spiritual state.

The truly spiritual state is that of NIRVANA. Here even the thetan or individuality (ultimate identity) completely dissolves. With this even Time stops, or Time is no longer defined. When will the individuality appear again and what form will it take is not known.

In the state of NIRVANA there is appearance and disappearance of thetans (individuality or ultimate identity), and with that there is the appearance and disappearance of universes.

It is the resistance to the disappearance of SELF that keeps the universe (matter, energy, space and time) there.

On a lesser gradient,

It is the resistance to the disappearance of an IDENTITY that keeps the UNWANTED CONDITION there.

Last edited:

Vinaire

Sponsor
The entrance point to a universe is the SELF.

When a universe disappears, how is it found again?

It is found with the re-creation of that SELF.

:omg:

Last edited: