what did I get 'out" of the purif? Does anybody know?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
So I, like many, have done the purif two times, some more. Some for a few weeks, some for months. But what came out of it? I had some "radiation" turn on - meaning after I came home after doing my purif one night, and turned on my computer, I got a flush.

Last night I was pondering whether the purif actually did take toxins out of my body. I know my bathing suit, despite daily soaping downs in the shower after the sweating was done, reeked to high heaven - were those toxins? I mean the body has pounds of fat that could possibly contain the toxins, how is taking in and ounce or so of oil supposed to replace all those pounds of toxin laden fat? And doesn't the body digest the oil anyway? I doubt it is taken whole thorough the blood stream to the fat cells as part of a toxin exchange program.

What the hell does Niacin have to do with anything? Is it merely the body getting tolerant of it causing the diminished reaction?

Has the purif ever been tested to see if it does what it says it does?

Mimsey

I did hear first hand accounts of bizarre radiation turn ons from the purif. A guy who went to the same school as I did, was the recipient of a zinc-cream hand-print in the middle of his back and the rest of his body was burned just like all the other unwilling participants would would rather have been air-conditioned (sorry, vaguely shaded) classrooms. He maintained that during his purif his body went red with a white hand print in the middle of his back.

I did not feel that I gained particularly much on the purif, but something went "click" and I testified completion.

I have plenty of Niacin in the cupboard to use as intended (a vaso-dilator) in order to lower blood pressure. I do not use very high doses, nor very often. One capsule is still enough to cause the red flush through the body. I saw people "turn on" broken legs, jumping up and down trying to shake the plaster cast off, but for myself, none of these experiences eventuated because I had not had significant injury or drug intake at that time in my life. The only "turn on" I experienced was the repeat feeling of dental surgery in my sinuses that still hadn't healed properly anyway.

Whether the purif achieves anything at all, I was an ideal candidate to bypass it.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Schwimmie, Denmark, what I remember was walking through a park in Copenhagen, and noticing that it was quite the normal thing for older teenage girls, ladies and female pensioners for that matter to take their blouses and bras off from the first of May.

Danes are very relaxed about breasts.

So I have no idea what the dress code would be in a Danish mixed Sauna, I should imagine it being much less than it would be in the USA where Janet Jackson stopped the entirety of Western civilization simply by having a nipple peek out of her top.

loose cannon

Patron with Honors
350px-Sauna_motivational.jpg

:yes:
Oh, the boy is so lucky! I'm green with envy!!!

loose cannon

Patron with Honors
I can't answer what really goes on in the body during the purif, I can only say my personal experience.

I did the rundown in Prague misson in 1997 and it took about a month. I liked running and being in sauna afterwards and the company in there as well. It was fun.

But towards the end something radically changed. I went to buy a burger to a local fast food and although I had always liked their burgers, now it lacked real taste. Hot dogs were tasteless too. But much more important was that at that time I could feel for the first time very definitely which things were right to do and which were not. I also started to find many more women sexually attractive.

So I realized that before I had lived in a misty state of mind. The fact is that I had 4 surgeries in 1978, when I was two years old (intestinal invagination) and I had a lot of anaesthetics and painkillers. When I was a kid, I was often ill and ate lots of aspirin. And when I grew a bit, I drank like a Dane. During the purif, I had feelings at different times that all those things were coming out.

The only thing I didn't like at that time was that my sociopathic ED was pushing me to end the rundown and towards the end was taking me to his office every day to haul me over the coals. Then he kicked me to go to study to AOSH EU to become a supervisor without allowing me to prepare enough for that and then he was furious that I hadn't made it.

So that way I was very content with the results of the purif, but had not a good chance to enjoy the results immediately.

Gadfly

Crusader
I did hear first hand accounts of bizarre radiation turn ons from the purif. A guy who went to the same school as I did, was the recipient of a zinc-cream hand-print in the middle of his back and the rest of his body was burned just like all the other unwilling participants would would rather have been air-conditioned (sorry, vaguely shaded) classrooms. He maintained that during his purif his body went red with a white hand print in the middle of his back.

I did not feel that I gained particularly much on the purif, but something went "click" and I testified completion.

I have plenty of Niacin in the cupboard to use as intended (a vaso-dilator) in order to lower blood pressure. I do not use very high doses, nor very often. One capsule is still enough to cause the red flush through the body. I saw people "turn on" broken legs, jumping up and down trying to shake the plaster cast off, but for myself, none of these experiences eventuated because I had not had significant injury or drug intake at that time in my life. The only "turn on" I experienced was the repeat feeling of dental surgery in my sinuses that still hadn't healed properly anyway.

Whether the purif achieves anything at all, I was an ideal candidate to bypass it.

I ran a pilot of the Purif in Toronto in the early 1980s. At times there were 20-25 of us in the sauna at one time.

I clearly recall two separate instances where women "turned on" earlier sunburns, and the exact outlines of the bathing suits were obvious on their skin.

Mind over matter?

Or, did the niacin actually "turn on" the earlier instances of severe radiation?

I did turn on intense flashbacks of LSD and also of heavy mucle relaxers like Quaaludes. Others also claimed to.

Note: I did over 50 days of Purif. Even so, I was diagnosed with skin cancer on my ear (melanoma) a few years ago. All of that purif failed to handle the "built up radiation" from my earlier sunburns. Modern medicines claims that this form of skin cancer is prevalent in people with 1) light skin, 2) blur or green eyes, 3) family history of skin cancers, and 4) have had at least one severe sunburn that peeled before the age of 18. I am light skinned, with hazrl eyes, my brother has had recurring skin cancers, and I had 3-4 severe sunburns that peeled before the age of 18.

But, the Purif didn't prevent the severe form of skin cancer from developing on my ear. I know, I am "out-ethics" and and SP so I "lost all of my gains"! :duh:

Oh, I was lucky, and caught it early. Simple in and out one-day surgery solved it, and yearly visits to the dermatologist and routine "skin freezings" keep it all under control.

I am curious how other "high-risk" people (with a majority of the conditions mentioned above), who have done the Purif, have experienced or not experienced forms of skin cancer. Also, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the USA now. The main culprit is said to be overexposure to radiation from the sun.

We could conduct a "scientific test". Drop an atomic bomb on the Fort Harrison and/or LA orgs, when all staff and public are gathered for an event or briefing, and then carefully monitor how many DON'T suffer from radiation poisoning. I mean Hubbard did claim in All About Radiation that ONLY the Scientologists would survive WWIII, because they had taken the "Guk Bomb"? Or, something like that . . . .

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
The Purification Rundown did nothing for me! - But at the time, first time on it, I vigorously persuaded myself that it was absolutely fabulous and that I felt so mutha'fuckn' clean, body and soul.. Ah.. And Thetan.. Although a thetan have no loation in space, no wavelength.. So it' kinda hard to make the thetan cleaner, seeing that it lacks properties that can be cleaned.. But there it was. I was squeaky clean as a thetan too!

Bollocks! - I was bored stiff in the sauna.. No naked ladies! - My book came apart, and it was a chore to read the damned thing with the pages all loose and sweat running in my eyes.

Yet I stayed IN the sauna for hours on end. I was convinced that I needed to, for it to 'work'.. After about 10 days or so, I nearly fainted while standing on the edge of the swimmingpool. Everything turned blindingly bright for me. Feeling lightheaded and losing conciousness fast. I promptly sat down since I perceived a certain danger of falling into the pool to drown..

Whatever.. I told the suprvisoer that 'everything turned bright' and that was accepted at the 'EP'

Second time I was on the Purif, I did it alone at the 'Hotel Corona' in Copenhagen. By this time I was a 'closet ex-scientologist' hanging on only to keep my family together. - But hey! - This time there really was some naked ladies. French, I think, and from the Sea Org.. They didn't say a word to me, and they hardly spoke to each other either.. I was thoroughly weirded out. So I surmised they were probably OT's..

Erh.. Niacin running out radiation and impurities in the body's fat cells? - Well.. No it doesn't!

Recall that Hubbard, in all sincerity, told us that Nicotinic acid from cigarette smoke would cure or prevent cancer! - By running out 'radiation' on the inside of the body. Run a little A=A=A on that shit: Hubbard telling a whopper like that and then we're to believe in the Purification Rundown!!??

Hmm.. I wondering if you can get a cleaning effect in your smokers lungs in the sauna? - Who knows.. I might try it actually!

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
I used to rave about how effective the purif was after I'd done it because after I completed it I got back into dancing, I had been a professional dancer 13 years prior. I started using drugs near the end of my dance career and eventually stopped dancing for those 13 years.

Now I'm not so certain I can give the credit to the so called detox effects of the purif, I certainly didn't enjoy it. I hate being in humid, sweaty places, I'm not fond of running and the gastro intestinal problems caused by the calmag and vitamins were embarrassing to say the least. When I look back at the time I started the purif I had also just started eating properly as I was overweight and eating things like Rice Bubbles (Krispies if you're American) for dinner etc. I also started parking the car and walking the last couple of kilometers to work. So was I actually benfitting from the purif or was it just the fact I was living a healthier lifestyle? I lost 10kg during my purif which is apparently unacceptable but no one said anything about it.

I did get different sunburn marks showing up on my body after taking the niacin so that was weird and one day my throat became numb and I had difficulty breathing, which is the experience I had the first time I snorted cocaine, so :confused2:, who knows. I do know that since doing the purif my tolerance to the sun is almost nil. I was once one of those people that if in the sun would just tan and not really burn and I always thought I had olive skin. Now I am lily white and burn quite easily, I no longer enjoy doing many things outdoors during the summer months.

So for the me the purif was a mixed bag but I do believe the benefits I received from doing it are more due to getting fit and healthy rather than actually detoxifying my body of drugs and radiation.

loose cannon

Patron with Honors
I used to rave about how effective the purif was after I'd done it because after I completed it I got back into dancing, I had been a professional dancer 13 years prior. I started using drugs near the end of my dance career and eventually stopped dancing for those 13 years.

Now I'm not so certain I can give the credit to the so called detox effects of the purif, I certainly didn't enjoy it. I hate being in humid, sweaty places, I'm not fond of running and the gastro intestinal problems caused by the calmag and vitamins were embarrassing to say the least. When I look back at the time I started the purif I had also just started eating properly as I was overweight and eating things like Rice Bubbles (Krispies if you're American) for dinner etc. I also started parking the car and walking the last couple of kilometers to work. So was I actually benfitting from the purif or was it just the fact I was living a healthier lifestyle? I lost 10kg during my purif which is apparently unacceptable but no one said anything about it.

I did get different sunburn marks showing up on my body after taking the niacin so that was weird and one day my throat became numb and I had difficulty breathing, which is the experience I had the first time I snorted cocaine, so :confused2:, who knows. I do know that since doing the purif my tolerance to the sun is almost nil. I was once one of those people that if in the sun would just tan and not really burn and I always thought I had olive skin. Now I am lily white and burn quite easily, I no longer enjoy doing many things outdoors during the summer months.

So for the me the purif was a mixed bag but I do believe the benefits I received from doing it are more due to getting fit and healthy rather than actually detoxifying my body of drugs and radiation.
Nice to see somebody from a country with the metric system other than me :)

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^^ Yeah.. I'd forgotten about explosive diahrrea! - It's the shits!

The flush that's appearing where one was sunburned.. I got those too.. And took that as proof that 'radiation damage' was 'running out'..

But that's just an observable 'effect' of taking niacin in large doses. That we can 'observe' this doesn't mean we know anything about why it happens.. I always got a tan real fast when in the sun. I also always got sunburned in the spring, being in the sun with winter white skin, if I wasn't extremely careful.. Which I wasn't.. This hasn't changed.

:wiggle:

Ladybird

Finland and Sweden are known for people being starkers in saunas. Not so much danes.. Unless we know each other rather well,

I saw plenty of nekkid people out in public in Denmark and Sweden as well as many other places. US people get so upset by nudity. It must be the puritan/ christian backlash of the pilgrims or something. Many cultures don't think twice about grandma going topless.

You might like this Scwimmie (sorry, no nudes in this clip, but I know you know about Christiana!)

http://youtu.be/v57JVVD6-ag

Ladybird

Back to the topic of the Purif, I did it at FCDC and at Flag. I am now a nurse so I know all you get from overdoses of vitamins is expensive urine because most of the unusable vitamins get flushed out. Some of it like the niacin overdoses can cause damage to the kidneys and liver.

The niacin flush will affect some tissues more than others, especially damaged tissues, so that explains why some areas of your body will be whiter and others gets redder. I am a native american so my skin is reddish anyway, and I never get sunburned. Niacin overdose just made my already red skin blotchy and itchy.

As others have noted, saunas and spas have been around forever, as have vitamins and herbal supplements, etc. There is absolutely no reason to pay thousands to the cult of scientology for L. Ron Hubbards "discovery". Just go to your local YMCA and sit in their sauna! Or build one in your back yard or join a health club. That will be a lot cheaper and safer.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yah, the cult used to tell us that the vitamins would be flushed out, that it wasn't toxic.

But my understanding (limited as it is, admittedly) is that not all vitamins and minerals taken in excess flush out. I think people have done research on problems with the amounts of vitamins in the Purif.

Challenge

The OCA test that I did before and after showed a remarkable increase in IQ. It was about the 12th time I had taken an OCA. Whatta crock.

I gained a little weight. Eating 3 meals a day so that I could take all the freakin vitamin pills. :p

I had to give my PCs some time away cuz I couldn't audit. One time I had a PC in session and I got mixed up about which arm was hers and which was mine. :ohmy:
When I hit 600 units of Niacin , my ears began to pound. And clang. Scared me for real, I thought my head was exploding, but I continued on to 5000 units.

In real life, my body temperature is a bit low. 96.2 and I think doing the Purif has to do with that. I been cold ever since i did the damned thing. And I don't drink much anymore.
O and while I was on it, my best Pc from the GO died. OMG:omg::omg:
He was a 3/4 pack a day smoker. He quit while he was on the Purif about 3 weeks before he cacked. RIP.

Lure Rob & Hyde

Patron with Honors
Thank you for that truthfull and factual post!!!
Another exposed con of Hublard the greedy despicable porker !!

The fat Fraud didn't know the difference between nicotine and nicotinic acid (aka Niacin). So "Dr. Hubbard" claimed that it was the nicotinic acid in cigarettes that ran out radiation, which would therefore be great to run out other toxins as well.

Apart form the fact that toxins (apart from some very rare pesticides) are not stored in the fat tissue, it's all based on "false data". Because of Hubbard's incompetence people keep overdosing on Niacin, and they think they're getting smarter, too. The purif is based on quackery, and it's dangerous. So it fits perfectly into the whole Scientology experience.

Gadfly

Crusader
Yah, the cult used to tell us that the vitamins would be flushed out, that it wasn't toxic.

But my understanding (limited as it is, admittedly) is that not all vitamins and minerals taken in excess flush out. I think people have done research on problems with the amounts of vitamins in the Purif.

The general rule is that water-soluble vitamins like the many B-vitamins, and C, can be taken in ecess because you will pass out most of it through your urine.

The oil-soluble vitamins like A, D and E do NOT flush out, and get stored in your body "fat". One can "overdose" on A or D.

Boojuum

I enjoyed the purif. Dunno why. I remember waking up every morning feeling fantastic. It might have been the exercise? the vits? the sauna? Dunno. It might have been that I got to be off post for 5 hours a day. Yippee!!!

Come to Flag for Ron-mas - the friendliest place in this sector...
350px-Sauna_motivational.jpg

Do the purif and feel free of worldly encumbrances(COB approved glossary defn.: money, bank accounts, ira's, stocks, bonds, life savings etc, etc)

And remember, all of our reg sessions are personally monitored by COB, so smile at the glassy eye in his picture when you sign away your child's college education, it's Davie's Ron-mas too...

Mimsey