What's new

what did I get 'out" of the purif? Does anybody know?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I enjoy a sauna, and like the very clean way I feel afterwards, but the Purif didn't do much for me. I'm a bit of an exercise freak so, taking a sauna and running was no big deal for me. I've never smoked, don't drink, and have never taken any drugs beyond an occasional painkiller, so maybe I wasn't 'toxic' enough. My dad said there's no proof that the Purif can deliver what's promised. He also said that LSD isn't stored in the body - it's ingested, does what it does, and is excreted in a matter of hours, so Hubbard's talk about it being stored in body fat is simply incorrect. He also said that there is no known clinical reason to give anyone such high doses of Niacin; as even a person with a severe Niacin deficiency (Pellagra) doesn't need anything like the dosage used in the Purif.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
This is according to 'Talk to Frank'
http://www.talktofrank.com/faq/how-long-will-drug-stay-my-system

''Alcohol 12 - 24 hours
Amphetamine 2 - 3 days
Cannabis 2 – 7 days – 1 month (for regular users)
Cocaine 12 hours – 3 days
Crystal Meth 2 - 3 days
Diazepam 1 - 2 days
Ecstasy 2 - 4 days
GHB up to 24 hours
Heroin 1 - 2 days
Ketamine 5 - 7 days
LSD 2 - 3 days
Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybin) up to 8 hours
Methadone 2 days
Steroids 14 days (oral) - 1 month (injected)
Temazepam 1 - 2 days (longer after injecting)''

I think he believed that it stayed around in the body because flashbacks do seem that way even though they are not.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
A SO guy whose name I don't remember died in the sauna at St Hill. This was about 1980. He was not so old, I would guess about 60. I think he had a heart attack. I believe I've heard of other deaths on the purif.

As for me, the purif was only the second time I had time to think while I was in the SO. (The first was when I had about a week's leave.) It was the only time I was able to sit and do nothing, relax, and permit rationality and decision making to surface. I decided then and there to get the hell out quick smart.

Don't recall any other effects.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A SO guy whose name I don't remember died in the sauna at St Hill. This was about 1980. He was not so old, I would guess about 60. I think he had a heart attack.

Yeah? I never heard about that (although I wasn't SSO or Dir PE or whatever your post was!). I started on the Purif at Saint Hill the day the sauna opened for business, somewhere around the New Year, 1980.

Do you recall which org he was in?

Paul

Mystic

Crusader
For detoxification purposes L. Ron Hubbard's so-called "Purification Rundown" is exactly that, rundown. I did like hanging out in the sauna, however, and it was nice having a swimming pool to cool in.

I did this "rundown" twice, then some 5, 6 years later I did a hydrogen peroxide detox, per the book, "Oxygen Therapies" by Ed McCabe.

Wow, just bloody wow! Cost: Oh, maybe $4US. Time: about 3 weeks. Effectiveness: Unbelievable. I had no idea it would go as deep as it did and as thorough as it did. I am to this day still impressed. The hydrogen-peroxide detox proved to me that the Hubbard entity's "rundown" did next to nothing in terms of detox.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
A SO guy whose name I don't remember died in the sauna at St Hill. This was about 1980. He was not so old, I would guess about 60. I think he had a heart attack. I believe I've heard of other deaths on the purif.

As for me, the purif was only the second time I had time to think while I was in the SO. (The first was when I had about a week's leave.) It was the only time I was able to sit and do nothing, relax, and permit rationality and decision making to surface. I decided then and there to get the hell out quick smart.

Don't recall any other effects.

Every sauna I have ever seen had warnings about using it with cardio problems. Perhaps that guy had undetected heart disease. I for sure wouldn't stay in a sauna for any length of time due to heart disease; the higher the temp in them the greater the risk of heart attack.

Also a stun gun would flat out kill me; I find it unconscionable that "law enforcement officers" use those things willy-nilly as there are numerous cases of their lethality.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Here's a critical analysis of L Ron Hubbard's "Purification Rundown" by Dr David Hogg MD. The premise and essential components used by Hubbard to base his theory on are dismantled and shown up as pure quackery.

The use of the "purif" in Narconon attracts similar scorn from medical experts. According to one recent media article:

. . . Mainstream medical experts scoff at the Narconon detox. Dr. Neal Benowitz, Chief of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics at U.C.S.F., calls Hubbard’s sweat-it-out theory “amusing” and “ridiculous.” No matter how much a person sweats through exercise or saunas, the clearance of toxins is minimal, at best. What Root described is “not biologically possible. Sweat glands excrete watery substances, not oil,” Benowitz explained to the San Francisco Chronicle. “The concentration of drugs in sweat varies very much from drug to drug. There’s very little T.H.C. in sweat. If a drug is water soluble, you’ll find it in higher concentrations in sweat. But not years later.” Dr. Thomas Brown, an addiction scientist at McGill University, adds that: “[Narconon has] a lot of underlying assumptions that are not borne out by the current state of scientific literature.” Narconon officials provided The Fix with a handful of articles that they said supported their program, mostly in obscure medical journals and including three studies by board member Root himself. . .

That there are still people promoting this L Ron Hubbard nonsense regarding the "purif" is a testament to just how mind-fucking Scientology really is.

Kutta

Yeah? I never heard about that (although I wasn't SSO or Dir PE or whatever your post was!). I started on the Purif at Saint Hill the day the sauna opened for business, somewhere around the New Year, 1980.

Do you recall which org he was in?

Paul

He was in the same org as us — or he might have been in Estates, but I don't think so. He had only been in a short while and looked kind of dishevelled and like he somehow got roped in and felt out of place and out of his depth.

I vaguely recall that he worked down in the 'dungeons', down where central files and those kind of activities went on. I never knew much about that area.

I didn't imagine it Paul! Yeah, I was SSO, and on occasion did some MLO duties. There was a minor flap, but not major ripples. I think blood pressures had to be taken after that, and anyone in a high range sent to maybe Steven Davies to be checked out.

Just goes to show: you didn't have your finger on everyone's pulse back then, eh! :coolwink:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OK, thanks Gail. At the time I was FBO and had a little office built off the big courseroom that is now the main reception area. My office was directly above that dungeon area, that contained Treasury, CF, Addresso and the Dissem Sec's office.

One amusing story . . . I helped move Treasury's safe into there. We had to get it down the flight of stairs, and I was scared it was going to slide away from us out of control and so I had ropes around the thing and we were hauling back on them as we gently let it "slide" down the planks. This was about a 45 degree angle, not a gentle incline. My caution was not needed. In the end, after it showed no tendency to run away from us at all, we had to PUSH it down the planks to get it down.

Paul

Kutta

OK, thanks Gail. At the time I was FBO and had a little office built off the big courseroom that is now the main reception area. My office was directly above that dungeon area, that contained Treasury, CF, Addresso and the Dissem Sec's office.

One amusing story . . . I helped move Treasury's safe into there. We had to get it down the flight of stairs, and I was scared it was going to slide away from us out of control and so I had ropes around the thing and we were hauling back on them as we gently let it "slide" down the planks. This was about a 45 degree angle, not a gentle incline. My caution was not needed. In the end, after it showed no tendency to run away from us at all, we had to PUSH it down the planks to get it down.
Paul

Must've been full of bullion, ya think? :duh:

Mimsey, yes, it has been tested and I have some documents on it. I would have to scan them one of these days. However, the vitamins in the market nowdays are pure trash and one doing the purif should do research on better quality vits and not use the ones that Standard Vitamins or Peter Gilham sell.

One thing that I want to clarify here, is that LRH says in the book that the Purif is optional, sadly some zealot scientologists had their children doing the purif which was irrational.

It is a well known fact that the sauna purifies the body, the Scandinavians been doing it for eons.

Another thing that many scientologists overlooked is that you don't need to spend a lot of money doing the purif. The instructions are right there in the book, pretty much anybody can do it on their own, with a twin of course, but I mean one does not have to go to the CofS and do it.

I deliver the purif in the field and I have seen the changes. I have a beautiful sauna (there is a video of it in my youtube channel) and have seen how the IQ goes higher and the energy goes up.

But it is NOT for everybody, particularly for people who have diabetes, heart problems and high blood pressure.

Also people who have been on LSD or other heavy drugs should not do it alone. And it is NOT for people who have no drug history of course.

At the CofS it became a "one size fits all" and you have to do it here or else we won't validate it"....that is wrong....or you must do it, otherwise we won't let you do the rest of the Bridge"... that is wrong too.

I don't force the Purif on my PCs.

I did the purif twice. The second time ALONE in CC Mission. I know a guy who also did it alone in DK org.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mimsey, yes, it has been tested and I have some documents on it. I would have to scan them one of these days.

However, the vitamins in the market nowdays are pure trash and one doing the purif should do research on better quality vits and

not use the ones that Standard Vitamins or Peter Gilham sell.

do you mean the uk scientology east grinstead company standard vitamins?

which ones do you use?

dianaclass8

do you mean the uk scientology east grinstead company standard vitamins?

which ones do you use?

Organic better ones...from Health food stores...are U planning to do the purif? I am curious because you are asking which vits.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Looks good, Aida. A hell of a lot nicer than the saunas I used.

For the record, I did the Purif twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. That probably sounds weird to some here, I know. Go figure. :confused2:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
350px-Sauna_motivational.jpg

:yes: