What's new

What did we really get out of Scientology?

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
I got a few things out of it.

One analogous learning experience would be when a naive high school kid gets ripped off trying to buy a bag of weed. Scientology taught me something like that, times ten thousand or so.

Scientology can also teach you what a bad marriage teaches you. Sometimes you can't know exactly what you need and want until you've had things you couldn't stand.

Maybe it's easier to recognize truth after you've been lied to. My critical thinking skills were obviously impaired when I was in, but I think they're pretty good now.

It taught me about Narcissistic Personality Disorder, even though it had no name at the time.

Any one of those things would keep me safe from joining a cult now. I joined one before, so I must be a wiser person now, right? I should write a Success Story about that.

Gib

Crusader
Why I got out - because Scientology does not work - it took a while to sift through the bullshit books and events - but eventually everyone can see that no one improves conditions for "their" lives. The hardcore Scientologist's that stay in - are completely gone. They think that taking a crap is some oatee ability that they have achieved because of their commitment to Scientology - that is how crazy they are.

The auditing is very limited in helping...very limited. It is complete and utter fraud! No science behind it - the e=meter is a scam. I realized this when I took the pro metering course - does not work. I was devastated but ignored it. Why did I ignore it - I had problems (money and disconnection from family and friends) that I did not want - I was slipping away out of living life and into the Scientological bubble of deceit and lies....and I finally woke up when I discovered crime after crime in the Organization. I witnessed them with my own eyes! The justice system in Scientology is a total fraud - no justice - just another excuse to bilk money out of people. Everyone works for the organization - for David Miscavige - not for humanity. They are all crazy!

It is a cult - the people are crazy and brainwashed into believing they are right. They live in a bubble that only those that agree with them get to come in. Even in the bubble - no one talks, cares, loves or lives life. They just get dono's for Miscavige and dedicate their lives to being slaves.

I agree and disagree. I did get lots out of scientology. Scientology also got lots out of me, like free labor for promoting the cause, and that included staff time and public time as a volunteer. I guess it is the 4 conditions of exchange. And you can only be upbraided for no results.

Keeping Scientology Working is exactly as it says in the PL. But, it's per "what you consider is what you consider". Keeping is the key word, and hubbard got us to "keep" it working as it says in the policy letter. He got us members to keep it working thru SP/PTS tech, ethics conditions, etc. Nobody twisted our arms or forced us to Keep Scientology Working. He got us to agree.

I did got lots out of auditing and applying some of the admin and tech stuff. But in the end, it is a vary expensive game to pay that does indeed hurt oneself and others.

Even Hubbard said one has to run scientology out. Which is what we are all doing one way or the other.

I really like Geir Isene's writeup for his 6 month out. He tells his story and thoughts and conclusions. I think it is good to send to friends.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64406625/Six-Months-In-The-Open-Scientology

I think Geir Isene is a lot like John McMasters, the first clear supposedly. In that Geir got a lot out of scientology, just as John Mc did. And Hubbard said to John that you John would go clear on anything or something like that. I am sure Veda can bring up the tape recording.

I am fortunate in that I am low on the bridge for my 26 years in the cult and having been around others who are high up the bridge ( so I have been able to compare results in my 26 years), I guess at least under the DM management. But I have read a lot of the materials and somehow didn't quite buy into it all. But I did to the degree that I was in for 26 years. Thank god for a place like this to communicate freely and others doing the same.

I remeber doing a process on ARC SW i think. A silent process, and I was pretty introverted at the time, it is different now for me in that I can out flow comm. But, anyways, back then, the process was a silent process. The auditor put an object on the table and moved it. Then I moved it, then she moved it, and back and forth we went. This only lasted maybe 5 minutes. And then I said the auditor, OMG I just realized I thought you were leading me in moving the object, and then all of the sudden I had the realization that I moved the object and you followed me. Anyways, I had the biggest win on shift of viewpoint that I could lead instead of being a follower.

I had nice win on ARC SW, in that my memory really got better.

But, in all the auditing I have received, a lot of it was just grinding away and my thoughts were get me out of here, I can't do this anymore, it's been 1 hour. So I finally realize to just make up a win so my needle floats and we can end session for the day. And then somehow continue the next day. It's a lot of pushing thru with a lot of nothing,

Seems like the bridge is a lot of that, and of course lots of auditing hours and lots of money if a public PC.

I do like Geir's write-up about half way down in his 6 month write-up where he notices the difference between an SP case and an SP as declared by the church, entitled as "More on SP's and Declares". I think that would help on the fencers.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
My "too much Havingness" problem was resolved. I had much less "Bank" after my auditing in Scientology.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
I sincerely put it to him "You know, if my time in Scientology put any undue strain on our relationship, I would just like to apologise".
He paused and said "You know, I never said anything because it was important to you. But.....I never liked you being part of that group. I never liked it one bit".
This is the first time he had said anything. If he said it whilst I was still in, he would be branded an SP. Of course, he is not. He is the opposite. Who is this person?
He is my son.
Wow, I think that either one of my kids would have said that to me also. What a wonderful thread this is, to remind us of who is important and what is not.