What's new

What follows may shed light on why Jesus Christ is nullified in Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Marty: Forgiveness
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/forgiveness/

What follows may shed light on why Jesus Christ is nullified in Scientology.

In The Gospel According To Jesus, Stephen Mitchell performs a rather competent analysis that shows Christ’s reported teachings for the most part were Middle Eastern iterations of what Lao Tzu and Siddhartha Gautama and other philosophers had communicated for four or five hundred years. If there were distinctions to be made, they were based more upon emphasis than anything else. His conclusion was that in essence what Jesus Christ most uniquely brought to the philosophical mix was the all-healing, all-powerful teaching of forgiveness.

Mitchell quoted from William Blake for support:

There is not one moral virtue that Jesus inculcated but Plato and Cicero did inculcate before him. What then did Christ inculcate? Forgiveness of sins. This alone is the gospel and this is the life and immortality brought to light by Jesus, even the covenant of Jehovah, which is this: if you forgive one another your trespasses, so shall Jehovah forgive you, that he himself may dwell among you.

By comparison, Scientology inculcates the following.

People attack Scientology; I never forget it, always even the score.

- HCO Manual of Justice (1959)

On further living I found that only those who sought only peace were ever butchered. The thousands of years of Jewish passivity earned them nothing but slaughter.

- Ethics, The Design Of (1969)

There was no Christ.*
- Class VIII, lecture 10 (1968)

When I walked down the street and away from the church of Scientology for the last time, I had settled in my mind that I was going to forsake twenty-seven years of dedicated service in favor of experiencing the two most important human virtues. Both of those virtues I found wanting – even prohibited – in Scientology. Forgiveness was one of them.

* the context of the quotation:

In R6 (a matrix implanted into every earth being’s mind 75 million years ago which dictates future behavior until ‘handled’ with Scientology) everybody is shown crucified. So is the psychiatrist shown crucified, although the psychiatrist is a dominant character and that’s how he gets away with what he gets away with. He electric shocks people. The medical doctor is not really represented in R6. It is only the surgeon. The surgeon is shown cutting bodies to pieces. That’s the right thing to do. Actually he shreds a body down to just raw meat down to a skeleton and the skeleton is in agony and then it too is chopped up. Anyway, every man is then shown to have been crucified, so don’t think that it’s an accident that this crucifixtion…they found out that this applied. Somebody, somewhere on this planet, back about six hundred BC, found some piece of R6. And I don’t know how they found it either by watching mad men or something but since that time they have used it and it became what is known as Christianity. The man on the cross – there was no Christ – but the man on the cross is shown as every man so of course each person seeing a crucified man has an immediate feeling of sympathy for this man.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It could be evidence of a genuine miracle; "And He sayeth unto them, the blind shall see, the deaf shall hear and the lame shall post!" (or something like that).

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jesus Christ was nullified by Hubbard because he represented the biggest source of competition on the block and for no other reason. especially so in America.

He could equally have lambasted other religions but Judaism would have gotten him labelled as anti-Semite and Islam would have gotten him blown up. So Christianity was it - they're Patsys for anything. Born victims. So attack them.

Has nothing to do with their teachings or anything else.

Read The True Believer.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Jesus Christ was nullified by Hubbard because he represented the biggest source of competition on the block and for no other reason. especially so in America.

He could equally have lambasted other religions but Judaism would have gotten him labelled as anti-Semite and Islam would have gotten him blown up. So Christianity was it - they're Patsys for anything. Born victims. So attack them.

Has nothing to do with their teachings or anything else.

Read The True Believer.

Nope, JC is exed out because Ron was enamored with Crowley, tried to create an Antichrist, thought himself as Satan and revealed this truth on his original OT VIII.