What's new

What happens when you try to leave Scientology in a civil manner

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's what I was thinking. I was trying to imagine how I would have answered such a letter when I was still in. To be honest I really don't know. It is so difficult to put myself back into that mindset.

I am so sorry Terl. I know you were trying to do the right thing. I still get tons of calls from various Orgs and Scientologists. I was ignoring the calls and emails for months. A couple of weeks ago I spoke to one of them. I told her I don't want to be recovered, I am fine, please don't bug me about getting on service. She said she got it and would leave me alone. She lied. Been even more phone calls and invites, etc. I guess the point is there really is no point in trying to reason with members of Scientology. At best they will nod and say they agree, while planning their next coup to get you on board. It's what they do. They really have no choice.
:yes:
That is why you talk about you reading the Xenu story and you just cannot spend any more money or time on this ridiculous science fiction shit! :angry: That will stop the calls and get you off the lists!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
That is why you talk about you reading the Xenu story and you just cannot spend any more money or time on this ridiculous science fiction shit! :angry: That will stop the calls and get you off the lists!

Please, this thread is 4 years old, there are more recent ones regarding how to get the cult from a-callin'.
I am not saying its any sort of sin to ressurect an interesting dead thread, but a one sentence reply to an ancient (by IT standards) posting is, um, how to say... clutterish?
Hey, done it myself inadvertantly, now read the date and if I have something really worthwhile ta add, find a more recent thread or start a new one, 'search' function is your buddy! (also look at the threads listed at the bottom of the page with similar tags) If the person you are responding to is still an active member consider sending them a PM if it is important :coolwink:

:)

ThreadNecromancy.jpg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Terl going back to your original letter and the answer I suddenly had a little insight.

It's very similar to the homophobe. Some guy who has dabbled and wouldn't mind dabbling again but is in denial about it. He gets very defensive and upset when his girl friend watches breakback mountain, why? denial. The reason that anti-scientology statements are so offensive to a scientologist is that they agree but are in denial. They are almost there! Sighingtologists are almost to a man in denial, but they have enormous doubts or they would just lightly laugh about criticism. Excellent!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
:blah:This is a staff member or public Scientologist that has koolaid stains on their upper lip! They have simply drank too much!

A more effective method - don't say anything about the crimes you have seen, it will not do any good. See above! What I found effective is to tell them you are doing something else that is really cool: O.T.O / Thelema. Tell them that you are painting a picture of the "Rosy Cross" and it is fascinating!

Of course, you don't think it is a suppressive group.

O.T.O / Thelema is based on TRUTH! If they ask you what it is, tell them it is far too complicated to explain but that it is getting you amazing results in your life and is very economical and does not take much time. Your stats are soaring!

CURIOSITY may be the ticket to get them to LOOK!

You must be smarter than the CULT! They are pretty stupid. Too many crimes, too much blood on their cultie little hands!

Would she accept it though?

This may offend some people here but I think Ron's comment that if you try and take down the walls of a prison, the prisoners will rebuild the prison with their own hands, is true - of some people at least. People have different degrees of tolerance for freedom and the responsibility it brings, and some are more comfortable in an authoritarian institution like a prison or the CofS than they would be in the outside world..

There is an element of truth to this...something in human nature, an old holdover from earlier survival skills, now disfunctional in our current free societies, to just hunker down and go with the herd, take the path of least resistance (fully accepting the indoctrination into whatever group mindset) for survival, rather than develop oneself as a unique and independant individual, with all the risks, setbacks, effort and temporary failures that entails.

This is especially true for children raised into any heavily indoctrinated group, like Scientology.