What's new

What is ailing Scientology, exactly?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Scientology is the Prime Corrector, Uncorrected. It handles all, never needs handling.

But, Scientology is very ill. It’s supernatural guru is dead. It’s public relations immune system unable to fight off critical media pathogens. It is slowly dying.

But Scientology doesn’t believe in getting medical diagnostics. It believes in handling illness with it’s own curative spiritual technology.

But what if Scientology DID go in for a battery of tests. What WOULD the diagnosis be?

SCIENTOLOGY: “So, doc, what is wrong with me?”

DOCTOR: “I am very sorry to say…you’ve got a fatal case of Postulatosis.”

Yup, Postulatosis. Death by postulates. How does that work?

Scientology believes, at it’s core, that man is able to mentally or spiritually WILL things into or out of existence with just---a thought. It believes, in fact, that all of life including physical world is really just thought, agreed upon.

So Scientology DECIDES what it wishes and promptly states that it is so. Examples:

*** Ron decides that a man can be Clear. He writes a best selling book which proclaims that he has done it. But he only postulated it was so. It wasn’t.

*** CoS decides that an Ideal Org will boom their crashing stats. It states that it will flood new wogs into Scientology. Parishioners (who also believe in such things) put their pocketbooks where their postulates are.

*** Scientology decides that SuperPower “will make planetary clearing a reality” and electrifies it’s public for decades and nearly a couple hundred million dollars. But Scientology forgot to postulate opening the front door so the first person could walk into it. The "power of postulates" is never more evident than the grand facade of the SuperPower building with nothing inside. That is, in essence, postulatosis at it's finest.

*** It’s embedded in policies and bulletins. “Smile and you will soon find something to smile about.” When you are downstat (emergency) first PROMOTE then later on try to figure out how in the world you can possibly make good on your promotional promise. For more examples, listen in on any reg cycle worldwide and you will hear the buzzwords of “pulling in the money after getting the auditing” or “unsticking the flow” and countless other postulatosis symptoms.

*** Hubbard postulates the state of Operating Thetan and Total Freedom. He didn't achieve it and no one else ever did. But he made a billion dollars selling his postulate for a half century. (it kinda worked cuz he got others to "postulate" that they were OT, but some folks just weren't all that into pretending, I mean postulating. They got plenty upset and that's where we are today, Scientology. You are being attacked by virulent critic and anon viruses that have mutated and are immune to your ethics, disconnection and fair gaming vaccines.

The recent public relations meltdown around the world is an excellent study in postulatosis. The Church spokesman lies with shocking speed and utter disregard for decency. He is asked about “disconnection” and boldly states with aplomb that it is “unrecognizable” to him. In his mind, he is not lying. He is, as Tom Cruise gushes, “postulating new realities”.

MURDERER: “That murder victim is unrecognizable to me!”

POLICEMAN: “Hey, we got 3 eyewitnesses, your fingerprints and a surveillance video!”

MURDERER: “Hey, I tell ya I wasn’t there…and come to think of it I am not here in this jail cell either!”

POLICEMAN: “What?!!!”

MURDERER: “Just postulatin.”

So, the Church of Scientology believes it is practicing holy scripture by postulating. But, it is really practicing self-delusion. Everyone else is laughing at their grand pronouncements.

SCIENTOLOGIST: “These relentless worldwide attacks are proof that we are expanding faster than ever. We are really winning!”

That’s why Scientology cannot get well. It doesn’t believe it is sick. It is in denial.

It can never fix something that it does not admit is wrong.

That is the worst disease possible. A disease that makes one feel no pain, feel indestructible, feel immortal.

Postulatosis is kind of like drugs with the high-highs followed by the severe crash. Scientology partied for a while... but it is in the real bad hangover part right about now.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Yep ... scientology is feverish, it has always been in a permanent state of fever and mania (complete with hallucinations of grandiosity) from the very start.

:)

Roget's Thesaurus defines grandiosity as "boastful self-importance or display" and offers the words "ostentation," "pomposity" and "pretension" to further illustrate this definition. In short, it is an exaggerated sense of one's importance, power, knowledge or identity. It often has religious overtones. The term "grandiosity" is used to describe the larger-than-life feelings of superiority often experienced by those in a manic episode.

The hangover isn't pretty but it will all be over soon ... scientology will be dead and buried very deeply and everyone can recover and get back to good health.

:happydance:

HelluvaHoax!

Yep ... scientology is feverish, it has always been in a permanent state of fever and mania (complete with hallucinations of grandiosity) from the very start.:)The hangover isn't pretty but it will all be over soon ... scientology will be dead and buried very deeply and everyone can recover and get back to good health.

Ciao Trouble!

Does Ron's MANNERS HCOPL require that we go to Scientology's funeral and say nice things about it in the eulogy?

I'd hate to get a cramming order. :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Ciao Trouble!

Does Ron's MANNERS HCOPL require that we go to Scientology's funeral and say nice things about it in the eulogy?

I'd hate to get a cramming order. :)

:giggle:

I wouldn't be too concerned about the 'MANNERS PL' ... it was clearly only written for PR reasons ... I never saw evidence of any kind of 'manners' the whole time I was in.

Well, on second thoughts ... I saw plenty of bad manners.

If any cramming orders are issued (to us) we can take pleasure in cramming them where the sun don't shine ... straight into the coffin.

Oh, and lets not wear traditional black ... lol.

:party::party::party:

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
My off the cuff answer just based on the thread title:
What is ailing Scientology, exactly?
SCIENTOLOGY
It's truly that simple.

Mostly because I'm truly that tired. LOL!!! I haven't woken up yet and the coffee hasn't taken effect.
But that'll probably be my answer when I'm awake and functioning too. LOL!!!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

My off the cuff answer just based on the thread title:
What is ailing Scientology, exactly?SCIENTOLOGYIt's truly that simple.Mostly because I'm truly that tired. LOL!!! I haven't woken up yet and the coffee hasn't taken effect. But that'll probably be my answer when I'm awake and functioning too. LOL!!!

Hey K! Haven't had my morning double-espresso yet either so i have IQ of a small farm animal, but....

What you say is Zen simple & true. Scn is what ails Scn. I like it.

They are self-treating, self-medicating with the vaccine containing the virus they suffer from. But, unlike conventional small dosages of an agent (to stimulate the immune system) Scientology is ACTUALLY giving itself lethal doses of Scientology.

Sounds crazy. Is crazy. That's Scientology.

They do that. Just like Hubbard convincing his believers that the reason they get cancer is that they DID NOT SMOKE ENOUGH CIGARETTES.

Yeah, and I'll take an order of polio and malaria to go with that. And put some extra AIDS sauce on the side. Ron says that it's all in the mind so no worries!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey K! Haven't had my morning double-espresso yet either so i have IQ of a small farm animal, but....

What you say is Zen simple & true. Scn is what ails Scn. I like it.

They are self-treating, self-medicating with the vaccine containing the virus they suffer from. But, unlike conventional small dosages of an agent (to stimulate the immune system) Scientology is ACTUALLY giving itself lethal doses of Scientology.

Sounds crazy. Is crazy. That's Scientology.

They do that. Just like Hubbard convincing his believers that the reason they get cancer is that they DID NOT SMOKE ENOUGH CIGARETTES.

Yeah, and I'll take an order of polio and malaria to go with that. And put some extra AIDS sauce on the side. Ron says that it's all in the mind so no worries!

I honestly think my mind works best before I'm fully awake. I don't spend time "thinking". I just say/write what comes to mind. LOL!!! But my personality type is like that - no filter from brain to mouth. It gets me in trouble some times. LOL!!!

But, yes, Scientology is the problem with Scientology.

bts2free

Patron with Honors
I asked a couple of OT VIII's once what it was like at that level of OT. Instead of answering the question, one of them responded with a joke. It went like this:

Three Scientologists are in a restaurant, a Clear, an OT III and an OT VIII.

The Clear says, hey, check this out, I'm going to "postulate" the waiter over here. In silence, the Clear sits there, willing the waiter to come over, full intention beaming out! Time passes, the waiter never comes.

The OT III then says, check this out, I'm going to just use my OT beingness and power, full Tone 40 to pull the waiter in with pure ARC. Although the OT III sits there pleasantly with a smile, pushing out pure waves of Tone 40 ARC, time passes and the waiter never comes.

The OT VIII says, okay, let me show you how it's done guys, "Waiter!"

When I first heard the joke, I thought it was hillarious, but what dawned on me, recently, is that THAT's the joke! What OT powers? You get to the top of the Bridge and learn that you had basic human skills, "powers," all along to accomplish whatever you wanted. The joke is on YOU dummy.

That OT VIII had it right. Too bad he spent almost half a million bucks to find out.

Mystic

Crusader
The underlying illness of Scientology is L. Ron Hubbard, Lips Hubbard I call him.

He wasn't even a native spiritual being, was just a common tulpa apparition programmed by the vampire-consciousness beings in Bardo/Purgatory/Between Lives/Non-incarnate levels of being.

Scientologists suffer from a disease, Hubbardosis.

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
What dear ole Mystic means is.....

The underlying illness of Scientology is L. Ron Hubbard, Lips Hubbard I call him.

He wasn't even a native spiritual being, was just a common tulpa apparition programmed by the vampire-consciousness beings in Bardo/Purgatory/Between Lives/Non-incarnate levels of being.

Scientologists suffer from a disease, Hubbardosis.

the cult is "ratbagged"! And the founder is a "ratbag"---thanks Carmel for helping me learn a new word!

Mystic

Crusader
Hubbardosis

hubbard-and-miscavige-2.jpg

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Postulates

Scientology is the Prime Corrector, Uncorrected. It handles all, never needs handling.

But, Scientology is very ill. It’s supernatural guru is dead. It’s public relations immune system unable to fight off critical media pathogens. It is slowly dying.

But Scientology doesn’t believe in getting medical diagnostics. It believes in handling illness with it’s own curative spiritual technology.

But what if Scientology DID go in for a battery of tests. What WOULD the diagnosis be?

SCIENTOLOGY: “So, doc, what is wrong with me?”

DOCTOR: “I am very sorry to say…you’ve got a fatal case of Postulatosis.”

Yup, Postulatosis. Death by postulates. How does that work?

Scientology believes, at it’s core, that man is able to mentally or spiritually WILL things into or out of existence with just---a thought. It believes, in fact, that all of life including physical world is really just thought, agreed upon.

So Scientology DECIDES what it wishes and promptly states that it is so. Examples:

*** Ron decides that a man can be Clear. He writes a best selling book which proclaims that he has done it. But he only postulated it was so. It wasn’t.

*** CoS decides that an Ideal Org will boom their crashing stats. It states that it will flood new wogs into Scientology. Parishioners (who also believe in such things) put their pocketbooks where there postulates are.

*** Scientology decides that SuperPower “will make planetary clearing a reality” and electrifies it’s public for decades and nearly a couple hundred million dollars. But Scientology forgot to postulate opening the front door so the first person could walk into it. The "power of postulates" is never more evident than the grand facade of the SuperPower building with nothing inside. That is, in essence, postulatosis at it's finest.

*** It’s embedded in policies and bulletins. “Smile and you will soon find something to smile about.” When you are downstat (emergency) first PROMOTE then later on try to figure out how in the world you can possibly make good on your promotional promise. For more examples, listen in on any reg cycle worldwide and you will hear the buzzwords of “pulling in the money after getting the auditing” or “unsticking the flow” and countless other postulatosis symptoms.

*** Hubbard postulates the state of Operating Thetan and Total Freedom. He didn't achieve it and no one else ever did. But he made a billion dollars selling his postulate for a half century. (it kinda worked cuz he got others to "postulate" that they were OT, but some folks just weren't all that into pretending, I mean postulating. They got plenty upset and that's where we are today, Scientology. You are being attacked by virulent critic and anon viruses that have mutated and are immune to your ethics, disconnection and fair gaming vaccines.

The recent public relations meltdown around the world is an excellent study in postulatosis. The Church spokesman lies with shocking speed and utter disregard for decency. He is asked about “disconnection” and boldly states with aplomb that it is “unrecognizable” to him. In his mind, he is not lying. He is, as Tom Cruise gushes, “postulating new realities”.

MURDERER: “That murder victim is unrecognizable to me!”

POLICEMAN: “Hey, we got 3 eyewitnesses, your fingerprints and a surveillance video!”

MURDERER: “Hey, I tell ya I wasn’t there…and come to think of it I am not here in this jail cell either!”

POLICEMAN: “What?!!!”

MURDERER: “Just postulatin.”

So, the Church of Scientology believes it is practicing holy scripture by postulating. But, it is really practicing self-delusion. Everyone else is laughing at their grand pronouncements.

SCIENTOLOGIST: “These relentless worldwide attacks are proof that we are expanding faster than ever. We are really winning!”

That’s why Scientology cannot get well. It doesn’t believe it is sick. It is in denial.

It can never fix something that it does not admit is wrong.

That is the worst disease possible. A disease that makes one feel no pain, feel indestructible, feel immortal.

Postulatosis is kind of like drugs with the high-highs followed by the severe crash. Scientology partied for a while... but it is in the real bad hangover part right about now.

The thing is, postulates actually DO work, no shit. I left Scientology in 1981 after just going thru the motions for the last 2 years I was in, and never got involved with the freezone or independent field. I was never that trained or audited, never on staff. Nevertheless, I have been able to make postulates work numerous times, prior to, during, and after Scientology. In order to make a postulate work, there are a few things that have to be in place:

1) You have to know that you can make it work
2) You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to make it work, i.e., in Scilonspeak to 8C it all the way
3) There needs to be a singularity of intention about your postulate ... never say or think "I'll give it 110%" or "I'll give it 100%" because that breaks your intention down into percent sized pieces. Never say or think "I have intention without reservation" because that introduces the negatives "without" and "reservation". Therefore, what is needed is a SINGULARITY OF INTENTION.
4) A postulate can be put out at any emotional tone level ... as I see it, the emotional tone level seems to act as a bit of the carrier wave for the postulate into the physical universe. BUT ... do not be suprised if and/or when the postulate comes back at you on the same emotional tone you put it out on. For instance ... BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU PUT OUT WHEN YOU ARE REALLY ANGRY. In fact, anger seems to be the easiest tone to put out postulates and really really really have them work, weather you really want them to or not or if you ever consiously intended to put them out. They have a nasty way of coming back at you, at, you guessed it, ANGER.
5) There are two reasons why putting out a postulate, very often by accident, when angry, seems to really, really work. First ... you don't even realize that you are making a postulate, therefore it is easier to have a singularity of intention. Second ... you don't STAY angry for long ... sometimes, only for an instant, and you quickly forget ... and this brings me around to the second major point of making a postulate work, and the hardest part ... you have to RELEASE it. IF YOU HAVE ATTENTION STUCK ON YOUR POSTULATE YOU HAVE NOT RELEASED IT. Therefore, once again ... number 5 in making a postulate work ... you must instantly "not know" the instant after you put it out.

Finally ... even those who can and do make postulates happen are never able to do so with 100% consistency, and then there is the other issue ... of the postulates that are sucessfully projected into the physical universe and are made manifest ... you then have to live with the results, so, be careful.

Pete

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
The hangover isn't pretty but it will all be over soon ... scientology will be dead and buried very deeply and everyone can recover and get back to good health.

I hope that you're right, ITYIWT, but I fear you're wrong.

I believe the cult will just shrink to a much smaller size that it is now, but continue to have hard core followers, and a few new converts like many cults do.

At least until the world blows up, huh?:D

But, I sure hope you're right!

HelluvaHoax!

I asked a couple of OT VIII's once what it was like at that level of OT. Instead of answering the question, one of them responded with a joke. It went like this:Three Scientologists are in a restaurant, a Clear, an OT III and an OT VIII. The Clear says, hey, check this out, I'm going to "postulate" the waiter over here. In silence, the Clear sits there, willing the waiter to come over, full intention beaming out! Time passes, the waiter never comes.The OT III then says, check this out, I'm going to just use my OT beingness and power, full Tone 40 to pull the waiter in with pure ARC. Although the OT III sits there pleasantly with a smile, pushing out pure waves of Tone 40 ARC, time passes and the waiter never comes.The OT VIII says, okay, let me show you how it's done guys, "Waiter!"When I first heard the joke, I thought it was hillarious, but what dawned on me, recently, is that THAT's the joke! What OT powers? You get to the top of the Bridge and learn that you had basic human skills, "powers," all along to accomplish whatever you wanted. The joke is on YOU dummy.That OT VIII had it right. Too bad he spent almost half a million bucks to find out.

Hey bts2free! I agree!:D

The entire concept of "postulates" is simply:

*** Prayer marketed in a shiny, expensive, high-tech wrapper.
*** Positive Thinking packaged in a pseudo-scientific CoS university.
*** The Secret marketed over a lifetime of workshops called the Bridge.
*** Faith sold back at great cost to the person expressing it.
*** Placebo Spiritual Transcendence, attainable by not placebo money.

I will now POSTULATE that after I hit the "Send Reply" button, you will read this.

If you are reading this, then my POSTULATE worked! :roflmao:

(zen postscript: if you are not reading this...then you when you mark your student points, do not count it)

Last edited:

angel

Patron with Honors
I have felt that Scientology has always been ill, then add to that the fact that Scientologists are trained to know how to know the truth, LRH did not account for the internet and the real truth about LRH is now easily obtained by google. This has turned a minor scrape into a hemorrhage.

I also read an interesting tid bit recently in a book called the Mayan Calander and the Transformation of Consciousness. Spiritual awareness has been evolving in cycles or stages leading to the current stage now where your abilities should be freeing up for use should you be aware enough to use them. The preceding cycles were giving touches of this evolution in preparation for this current and last cycle. Scientology could be viewed as one of these precursors of preparation where as now the time has come and scientology is obsolete as you should be able to be OT for free at this point. Just be OT. There is less electromagnetic energy eminating from the planets core holding you back in this moment in time. It was an interesting theory.
Jen

HelluvaHoax!

The thing is, postulates actually DO work, no shit. I left Scientology in 1981 after just going thru the motions for the last 2 years I was in, and never got involved with the freezone or independent field. I was never that trained or audited, never on staff. Nevertheless, I have been able to make postulates work numerous times, prior to, during, and after Scientology. In order to make a postulate work, there are a few things that have to be in place:

1) You have to know that you can make it work
2) You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to make it work, i.e., in Scilonspeak to 8C it all the way
3) There needs to be a singularity of intention about your postulate ... never say or think "I'll give it 110%" or "I'll give it 100%" because that breaks your intention down into percent sized pieces. Never say or think "I have intention without reservation" because that introduces the negatives "without" and "reservation". Therefore, what is needed is a SINGULARITY OF INTENTION.
4) A postulate can be put out at any emotional tone level ... as I see it, the emotional tone level seems to act as a bit of the carrier wave for the postulate into the physical universe. BUT ... do not be suprised if and/or when the postulate comes back at you on the same emotional tone you put it out on. For instance ... BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU PUT OUT WHEN YOU ARE REALLY ANGRY. In fact, anger seems to be the easiest tone to put out postulates and really really really have them work, weather you really want them to or not or if you ever consiously intended to put them out. They have a nasty way of coming back at you, at, you guessed it, ANGER.
5) There are two reasons why putting out a postulate, very often by accident, when angry, seems to really, really work. First ... you don't even realize that you are making a postulate, therefore it is easier to have a singularity of intention. Second ... you don't STAY angry for long ... sometimes, only for an instant, and you quickly forget ... and this brings me around to the second major point of making a postulate work, and the hardest part ... you have to RELEASE it. IF YOU HAVE ATTENTION STUCK ON YOUR POSTULATE YOU HAVE NOT RELEASED IT. Therefore, once again ... number 5 in making a postulate work ... you must instantly "not know" the instant after you put it out. Finally ... even those who can and do make postulates happen are never able to do so with 100% consistency, and then there is the other issue ... of the postulates that are sucessfully projected into the physical universe and are made manifest ... you then have to live with the results, so, be careful.Pete

Some of what is written & believed about postulates (and other mystical disciplines) may have merit at some level.

But, Hubbard and his organizations SOLD a commodity in the form of a result. An Operating Thetan. An O.T. can postulate, heal bodies, exteriorize & operate outside of the physical universe with supernatural abilities, at cause.

It is beyond curious that despite any occasional or anecdotal events that support the general idea of postulates, NONE of the OTs produced since the 1950's are able to provide any proof of this ability.

If Ron or even one (1) OT could do any of these things, they would have shown it. Scientology is not shy.

The mere fact that Scientology promotes silly (false) expansion stats about itself and proof of the technology vis a vis the aggregate "square footage" of their buildings.... is sufficient evidence to conclude that they do not have anything of real substance to report. They cannot produce one OT or one person who can show exteriorization or postulates or they would surely promote that instead.

To Scientology, why don't you postulate ESMB to stop exposing your hoax? Why not get all the OTs together from around the world and get just one (1) critic to stop posting, like me? I am waiting..........

That's what I thought.

lkwdblds

Crusader
I'll put my 2 cents in.

Helluva - You and the other posters have covered your topic well from many angles. I wanted to contribute something but what to say which would be a little different? I came up with the words "anachronistic". and "passe".

As we head into the second decade of the 21st century, Scientology is already passe and anachronistic. Its time has come and passed, it is out of fashion and outdated as far as the message it is spreading, such as postulation, which you guys covered so throfoughly.

It was spawned in the 1930's and was perfect for the 1940's but was held back because of LRH's participation in WWII. When the phenomena exploded onto the scene in the 1950's, it was still cutting edge tech, even if that tech was largely just postulated and not fully researched. As the 50's progressed, Scientology seemed to many far in advance of the then current state of of psychiatry and to a lesser extent. that of medicine. The E-meter, seemed like a major breakthrough compared to the police lie detector and as the 1960's ran its course, Scientology continued to seem "cutting edge" or "state of the art" and the Naval trappings of the Sea Org did not appear as ridiculous as they do today.

It was really the dawn of the internet which would seal the fate of the DM run Cof S. No one could really foretell that this would be the case in the early 1990's but the growth of the internet has marched forward relentlessly while Scientology, with their planting of lies, cold war technology of brain washing techniques, and phoney shore stories has become out of date in the world of the early part of the 21st century.

Everybody running around in a Navy suit and saluting one another appears absolutely ridiculous in the context of today's world of unpopular wars and a large portion of the public viewing anything militaristic as fascistic and imperialistic, and the e-meter even in its modern looking case, appears to be just a 19th century Wheatstone bridge and the function seems outmoded. New Age religions are abounding and Scientology has to compete with them for Internet Exposure. Vedic religions are coming more into their own in the West with dynamic gurus such as Depak Chopra spreading their message as an alternative to Scientology at a much, much lower price and with far far more compassion for their fellow man. LRH never had to compete against revitalized Eastern religions and so many New Age religions.

The bottom line is that when something becomes old fashioned and an anachronism for its time, its days are numbered. Even such a fine, nearly 200 year old technology as film cameras disappeared almost overnight when a newer technology appeared and in such a manner will Scientology be swept away quickly by other technologies which seem to be newer and more contemporary. A technology developed in the 1940's and 1950's and not able to change with the times will not be able to sustain itself in the 2010's even if it was reasonably priced and actually cared about people. The crush tactics and lies which it uses to squeeze huge amounts of money out of its field, without offering fair exchange and virtually bankrupting its parishioners, have enabled it to appear to be growing in wealth and formidability but this is a version of a Ponzi scheme and has a finite limit before an ultimate collapse will rapidly occur. It appears we have reached the point where the collapse is now beginning. Just look at the Ponzi scheme of Bernie Maadof, embezzling $50 billion and see how fast it unravled when the shit hit the fan. I think that something similar to this will happen in C of S.

Before I close, I wanted to tell Helluva - I enjoyed your analogy a couple of posts back about Scientology using its own tech to cure the diseases in it caused by that tech and you likened it to an overdose of the virus by using too much virus in one's homeopathic remedy. I thought that was a great analogy!

Lakey

Last edited: