What's new

What is all the fuss about Ákos Kunfalvy?

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
Seems like he is an IAS Freedom Medal Winner. But Scientology is promoting this dude like he is the best thing since sliced bread. Also read somewhere that he is the #1 donator to the IAS:

NEXQo.png

FcqRM.png

FReAz.png

J2c99.jpg

N9QqM.png

tmSr5.jpg

YIxXR.jpg

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Okay. I plead naive. Who the hell is this guy and what's his claim to fame ?
I'm assuming that medal around his neck is the finest money can buy.
Never mind. I just read the poster.
:confused2:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Apparently, he's a Hungarian poet. (That gig must pay better in Hungary than the US.)

Here's a Google translation of content on his Scio web page:

"My goal: the arts, including poetry to make a difference through the people, to steal the joy in their hearts, smiles on their faces turn. No, my wife, but I have a baby, who is also an artist and I love him. There are some things that I am very proud of:
1 I took drugs I never!
2 I never cheated on a girlfriend, too!
3 I am willing to do something for others!"

Bless his heart.

TG1

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Russians & Eastern Europeans love their poetry and certainly appreciate their poets way more than the US and western Europeans - but there's no way Akos the type of money that makes him the #1 IAS by being a poet. I'm going to bet there's some inheirentance, govt contracts or maybe some financial/stock market BS making him his big money and like any guy with too much money he also fancies himself some type of artist - in this case a poet.

Just a hunch, but poets just don't make millions on poetry alone. I've never heard of a filthy rich poets.

I'm also not seeing his name mentioned, even in passing, in any of the poetry publications of any note.

Lone Star

Crusader
Apparently, he's a Hungarian poet. (That gig must pay better in Hungary than the US.)

Here's a Google translation of content on his Scio web page:

"My goal: the arts, including poetry to make a difference through the people, to steal the joy in their hearts, smiles on their faces turn. No, my wife, but I have a baby, who is also an artist and I love him. There are some things that I am very proud of:
1 I took drugs I never!
2 I never cheated on a girlfriend, too!
3 I am willing to do something for others!"

Bless his heart.

TG1

But has he ever masturbated?

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Well, thanks to one David Love, Narcanon is deep shit, may this is their mr gotbucks, the white knight to save the day?

Ákos Kunfalvy | Facebook
hu-hu.facebook.com/akos.kunfalvy
Ákos Kunfalvy fent van a Facebookon. Csatlakozz a Facebook-hoz, hogy kapcsolatba léphess Ákos Kunfalvy-vel és más lehetséges ismerőssel. A Facebook a ...

Charming fellow and I predict that this will end badly for little David Miscavige and his weirdo cult...

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
Russians & Eastern Europeans love their poetry and certainly appreciate their poets way more than the US and western Europeans - but there's no way Akos the type of money that makes him the #1 IAS by being a poet. I'm going to bet there's some inheirentance, govt contracts or maybe some financial/stock market BS making him his big money and like any guy with too much money he also fancies himself some type of artist - in this case a poet.

Just a hunch, but poets just don't make millions on poetry alone. I've never heard of a filthy rich poets.

I'm also not seeing his name mentioned, even in passing, in any of the poetry publications of any note.

The first poster in the OP says (in Spanish) that Ákos Kunfalvy was 6 times national fencing champion (of Hungary). He competed in a European event in 2011:
2011 Veteran Fencing European Championship
Results of the Hungarian team
<snip>
Kunfalvy Ákos, mens foil ~ Category I ~ 42nd place (out of 91 starters)
<snip>
Kunfalvy Ákos, mens épée ~ Category I ~ 56th place (out of 225 starters)
Masters Fencing - Hungarian veteran fencers - news and information

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Akos Kunfalvy claims to be a professional fencer & 4-time Hungarian champion. He has put his book of poetry on CD's.

"We cannot remain silent about the fact that we, Scientologists, have a solution to the drug problem. Putting modesty aside, if we were to keep quiet about the fact that we know the solution, we would be committing an enormous crime against ourselves, our family, our community, our town and the Hungarian society as a whole," wrote Ákos Kunfalvy, the founder of the marathon, in his proclamation.

The young man is a Hungarian champion fencer, member of the Hollywood Writer's Society, a CD was made from one of his books of poems, with the participation of Ferenc Baranyi, Judit Hernádi and István Sztankay."

http://hetivalasz.hu/english_hungary/opium-of-the-people-25749/

http://scientologist.myhomepage.org/~kunfalvyakos/myself.htm

[video=youtube;m4jcTy4X8gI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jcTy4X8gI[/video]

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
The first poster in the OP says (in Spanish) that Ákos Kunfalvy was 6 times national fencing champion (of Hungary). He competed in a European event in 2011:
2011 Veteran Fencing European Championship
Results of the Hungarian team
<snip>
Kunfalvy Ákos, mens foil ~ Category I ~ 42nd place (out of 91 starters)
<snip>
Kunfalvy Ákos, mens épée ~ Category I ~ 56th place (out of 225 starters)
Masters Fencing - Hungarian veteran fencers - news and information

Poetry, fencing in Hungary - two occupations that aren't big money makers. Fencing in general is a sport that wealthy crowd participate in, much like dressage and polo, because it's expensive to take part in. (I've had a friend involved in fencing, it's ungodly expensive.

The sport is far more popular in Hungary (a Hungarian just won gold in London) than in the US, but its not like basketball or futbol/soccer where you have poor kids from bad neighborhoods that climb their way to fame and riches on pure talent and practice alone. You need to have the money for the equipment and rigorous private training to get into competitive fencing.

vanity poetry books publishing/CDs and fencing titles are the result of having a lot of money, not activities that generate a lot of money. So where his bucks come from, to give big bucks to the IAS and be a poet cum fencer, is what I would like to know.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

N9QqM.png

This is the "BEFORE" photo.

A bouquet of flowers given to a man is always a weird indicator to begin with.

Then there is the fake Clear certificate. A piece of paper that boasts Lie I from Book I.

Then there is the fake Freedom Medal. A piece of metal that celebrates having tricked large numbers of people into a lavishly expensive hoax where they lose both their money and their freedom.

Then there is the fake naval uniform (adorned by a ribbon cluster for "heroic service" in defrauding others) proudly worn by a smiling representative of a para-military UFO cult that spends hundreds of millions of dollars of its defrauded victim's own money in order to Fair Game them when they realize what is going on.

And lastly, the obligatory VVGIs, graphically showcasing the fact that Scientologists can get huge wins from pretending to be an OT when they are in fact merely an Oblivious Thetan.

So, then, what is the "AFTER" photo?

MARTY-2-3.jpg

It's on the front page of MartyBlog, just above a DOUBT FORMULA that starts out saying that David Miscavige, the IAS and the Freedom Medal are SP.

Last edited:

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
OK guys, I used to know Ákos well when I was a Churchie.

He is NOT rich now and was never wealthy. He appears to be one of the best field "disseminators" (=reges) for the IAS, that's all. He is definitely good in getting money out of people. (BTW, he is a stammerer which Scientology was not able to cure.)

He was definitely national champion in fencing, that's correct. 6 times as a part of a TEAM (he has no individual honors). Also, no international or continental titles/medals/honors.

As for the "poet" part. He is not a famous or recognized poet. He self-published some poetry and that's about it.

He is also known as the founder of "Marathon for a Drug-free Hungary", a nonprofit organization which is primarily a front for Narconon and the C of S. They run around Hungary each summer and hold drug education lectures to students (guess, whose "scientific discoveries" are used). They also distribute the scilon "Truth About Drugs" booklets and try to "safepoint" Hubbard at local opinion leaders. That's why he got the Freedom Medal, along with Zoltán Soós, the Executive Director of the foundation.

He calls himself now the "Source" of the Marathon (wonder where he got that idea). He even wrote "Source Letters" defining the basic policies of the organization. I have a copy of the entire pack (it is in Hungarian). He claims in the introduction that Hubbard himself communicated to him in the Swiss mountains when Ákos participated in some sort of Human Rights marathon sponsored by the CoS (this was well after Hubbard died). That's where he got the inspiration to start a similar marathon. The anti-drug angle was purposefully selected for PR purposes (easy to get an agreement on), and he claims in the "source letters" that the primary purpose of this movement is to "safepoint" Hubbard and the Church and handle "black PR".

Hope this helps.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--

He claims in the introduction that Hubbard himself communicated to him in the Swiss mountains when Ákos participated in some sort of Human Rights marathon sponsored by the CoS (this was well after Hubbard died).

Your entire post was illuminating, thanks!

I have a morbid curiosity about this little part where "Hubbard himself communicated to him in the Swiss mountains...." (post mortem)

I don't know why I am still amazed, after all these years, that the real story behind Scientology's "wins" is always creepier than expected.

Do you have any more you'd like to share about that story?