What's new

What is Disconnection really like?

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Disconnection is proof they finally have their meat hooks into you. If they can get you to disconnect - then they've got you don't they?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
No Fluff. It didn't morph. There's just more folks that have been declared, and more folks who've been busted for violating the policy. More reports written and more interrogatories done.

The first time I was declared some Scientologists showed up at my wedding. They could easily claim that they never saw the declare order. But they wouldn't be able to continue associating with me if they continued to move up the Bridge. It would come up. As a result of that there is a snowball effect and more and more people are "coming clean" and enforcing ethics in on others. Most Scientologists see avoiding expensive Sec Checks as reason enough to toe the line. This isn't new. It just takes a couple of decades to learn this. The Indie world isn't just the "old" or "original" Scientology. It's a whole different culture that refused to follow the predetermined plan of the cult.

IMO, of course.

Appalling.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great post FTS,

You are right about this being one of the most abominable practices of the "church."

I also have family inside so I know very well what you're talking about. Fair roads good weather "tech" makes me puke!

TP

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Wonderful confront "Free To Shine". Its posts like yours that continue to help me shed my "thick skin" that I developed over the years.

I wouldn't confront it or put that much attention on it, but it was just another of many ways that I dealt with my disagreements so they wouldn't get in the way. It is such an awful thing.

The thought of disconnecting from my daughter was unthinkable. So no one mentioned the reasons I should do so. That was just part of the final straw when my tasks listed for me to become a whole-born-again Scn included; Sec Checks, Freeloaders Debt, and Oh yeah disconnect from daughter and her husband. Yeah right.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The first time I was declared some Scientologists showed up at my wedding. They could easily claim that they never saw the declare order. But they wouldn't be able to continue associating with me if they continued to move up the Bridge. It would come up. As a result of that there is a snowball effect and more and more people are "coming clean" and enforcing ethics in on others. Most Scientologists see avoiding expensive Sec Checks as reason enough to toe the line.

Where this breaks down is when Scientologists decide that more of their valued friends are "out" than "in", and decide to hell with disconnection. I'm thinking that's what happened with ANZO, that there was a critical mass of popular people declared.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Disconnection is proof they finally have their meat hooks into you. If they can get you to disconnect - then they've got you don't they?

If you disconnect, you have made the decision that going up DM's bridge is more important to you than your friends. At that point, you belong to them.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Free to Shine, this is a very powerful post. It would be a really good one to send to the Aussie politicians in response to their stand of "well, just go to the police". It may help them to understand why we cannot just go to the police and why the police would be unable to do anything if they wanted to. It shows the insidiousness of the CoS.

Thanks Kooka. I have sent them all a version of the life of a generational ex scientologist and outlined how disconnection affects me. I'll keep a draft of this post though in case it's needed for particular people (any ideas?).

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Free to Shine – Thank you for your post. Your post is very powerful and something that I still find it hard to accept that it has truly happened to me. I was never a Scientologist and didn’t know anything about its teachings or practices otherwise I would have stayed away, far away. For someone on the "outside" the disconnection process seems very foreign and hard for me to understand or come to terms with. After 7 months of being disconnected from, I have learned that it (disconnection) for me at least, hasn’t gotten any easier to accept. I still have bouts of tears and feelings of anger, heartbreak, deception, loneliness and complete and utter loss. I find myself replaying in my mind, what could I have done to the change the outcome of events, but coming up with the same answer, NOTHING. It's a rollercoaster ride of emotions that I have not been able to escape. I never knew pain like this before and that it could resonate so deeply. Of course in my life I have had relationships end and had loved ones pass, all of which hurt and I could come to terms with, but the feeling and process of "disconnection" is a pain that I have never felt before in my life. Sometimes it’s hard to choose words to describe the feeling. There is no closer. There is NOTHING. Only memories of someone that you loved and you thought that they loved you as well but not more than their love for Scientology, that is alive but to them you are dead, non-existent, NOTHING. I have lost so much due to this disconnection policy. Hopefully as time goes by the memories in my mind will be fewer and I can be truly happy again.:bigcry:

Pittny this is exactly what I am talking about! Your post brought me to tears (and that is perfectly fin btw!) You say you were never even in scientology and yet it devastates your life. It is a silent pain not only of rejection without logic, and without a specific personal explanation other than "you are attacking my religion" that helps to ease it. You search for those reasons and it makes it worse if you blame yourself.

One point to note is that I don't think it is 'love' for scientology that makes this happen, it is fear. Fear of the most basic kind, that they will be eternally damned if they let it go. That is the lie that forms the glue and when you look at it that way then it can help a little.

The good news is that disconnected ones can and do return, and after a while of coming to terms with what happened to them they can be as appalled as we are at what they did. My way of dealing with it is to 'let it go', wish them well and know that in their hearts they DO know I/we are here when they will need us. I also want it known just how widespread the consequences of disconnection are, as many, many people can't speak of it for fear of further harm. :hug:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wonderful confront "Free To Shine". Its posts like yours that continue to help me shed my "thick skin" that I developed over the years.

I wouldn't confront it or put that much attention on it, but it was just another of many ways that I dealt with my disagreements so they wouldn't get in the way. It is such an awful thing.

The thought of disconnecting from my daughter was unthinkable. So no one mentioned the reasons I should do so. That was just part of the final straw when my tasks listed for me to become a whole-born-again Scn included; Sec Checks, Freeloaders Debt, and Oh yeah disconnect from daughter and her husband. Yeah right.

Thankyou! Oh yes, those wonderful "here's what you do next" stuff. "Rip your family apart, it doesn't matter, it's YOU who matters." It is such a lie....

In my years out I have really come to see how we are all connected, and anyone who demands you sever important connections are truly working on a selfish agenda and not trying to help you.

Wisened One

Crusader
Really powerful post, FTS! And... sad! :bigcry:

ALL your stories of how disconnection has affected you guys is just..beyond belief of how many lives they affect, huh? :grouch:

When I was staff, a well-respected HGC Auditor and long-time Staff Member decided to route off and get married to a Public.

I was her Maid of Honor and was about to go be in it, when several of my Seniors came to me to persuade me not to go or be in the wedding of 'someone who's so out-ethics and counter to the group'

I actually DID feel guilty (at the time) but stood my ground and went anyway!

Course I got wrote up for doing so and disapproving looks and sounds from those around me for a few days.

It's not a disconnection story but it shows one the pressure such a group puts on you if you do/think anything outside their rules and goals!

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
Exactly right Wisened one - there are degrees of "disconnection". You cant talk to someone who is out-ethics. You shouldnt associate with someone who has routed off staff. You cant talk to anyone at all who disagrees with anything, and you are in the deepest shit imaginiable if you associate with anyone declared.

Cutting communication between people as punishment for rocking the boat in any way is one of the parts of ethics tech I despised.

I had execs telling me "you got that cold because you visited so-and-so who isnt on staff anymore". I couldnt believe people could be that stupid - even then. When I got into ethics, it was assumed that my connection with ex-staff (even though they were in good standing at the time) had something to do with it. That was one of the reasons I started to think of leaving - even a fully committed Scio knows that is crap.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Free to Shine – Thank you for your post. Your post is very powerful and something that I still find it hard to accept that it has truly happened to me. I was never a Scientologist and didn’t know anything about its teachings or practices otherwise I would have stayed away, far away. For someone on the "outside" the disconnection process seems very foreign and hard for me to understand or come to terms with. After 7 months of being disconnected from, I have learned that it (disconnection) for me at least, hasn’t gotten any easier to accept. I still have bouts of tears and feelings of anger, heartbreak, deception, loneliness and complete and utter loss. I find myself replaying in my mind, what could I have done to the change the outcome of events, but coming up with the same answer, NOTHING. It's a rollercoaster ride of emotions that I have not been able to escape. I never knew pain like this before and that it could resonate so deeply. Of course in my life I have had relationships end and had loved ones pass, all of which hurt and I could come to terms with, but the feeling and process of "disconnection" is a pain that I have never felt before in my life. Sometimes it’s hard to choose words to describe the feeling. There is no closer. There is NOTHING. Only memories of someone that you loved and you thought that they loved you as well but not more than their love for Scientology, that is alive but to them you are dead, non-existent, NOTHING. I have lost so much due to this disconnection policy. Hopefully as time goes by the memories in my mind will be fewer and I can be truly happy again.:bigcry:

I am so sorry to read this pittny12 ... you were not even involved in the hateful cult ... it just is not right.

Every word you wrote here resonates ....

:bighug:

Div6 calls it "selfish determinism" and that is a very accurate description of "disconnection" in most cases ... it is certainly far easier to disconnect than to be an adult and work things out.

Even the idea of "self determinism" is an absolute joke when you are a scientologist ... almost laughable (but not quite) ... a scientologist is 100% OTHER DETERMINED from the very moment they accept a view point or a policy or a process that they don't really agree with.

To anyone reading this that has disconnected from a loved one ... GROW UP and become the person you really are again, while you still have the chance and if you are really lucky you may even be able to mend relationships ... or at the very least create a new one.

Get the damage made up where you should be making it up ... you may be surprised how little you will need to do because real people (as opposed to cultic robots) are usually very forgiving.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
You guys are a bunch of whiners. Disconnection was cancelled in 196x? Can't remember the year. You heard Tommy Davis. It's all about the people themselves, making a decision that has nothing to do with the Church.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
You guys are a bunch of whiners. Disconnection was cancelled in 196x? Can't remember the year. You heard Tommy Davis. It's all about the people themselves, making a decision that has nothing to do with the Church.

You may well be correct ... and perhaps you should stick to just boring everyone senseless in chat.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
John Nunez posted this on the Pro LRH Tech Forum:

"HCOB" PTSness and Disconnection
« on: Today at 12:57:05 PM » QuoteModify WarnSplit Topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been brought to light before, but I want it easily findable so created a thread for this. When one looks at how much bad PR the church has experienced over its policy on disconnection, the fact it is Miscavige tech (exhuming a policy LRH found to be non-survival) needs to be emphasized.

The following is public record: Robert Vaughn Young was a member of the Church of Scientology for a period of 20 years (1969-1989), he had worked in many areas within the organization including the highest management echelons.

‘IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO - Civil Action No. 95-K-2143: Declaration of Robert Vaughn Young in Support of Defendant's Opposition to the Motion of Bridge Publications, Inc. for Summary Judgment Against all Defendants for Copyright Infringement. Subscribed and sworn to before me this day of February, 1997, Robert Vaughn Young.’

Section 29 of this affidavit reads:

“I have personal knowledge that material was written and issued under the name of L. Ron Hubbard that he did not author. While working at ASI, I personally wrote material to be issued under his name for several years.

This ranged from simple messages to be sent to various organizational staff on events such as his birthday or a holiday, to my composing an entire large directive that was issued under his name. In these instances, they were done without his knowledge or consent.

The directive that I wrote concerned the Scientology policy of ‘Disconnection’. The order to do this came from David Miscavige. Miscavige said that we had to reinstitute the Policy of Disconnection and that I was to write the policy for this.

I wrote it and it went through several revisions. It was not sent to Hubbard for his approval, but was issued into the Church of Scientology. I might note that at the time I was not working for the Church of Scientology, but was working for a for-profit corporation.”

dianaclass8

My own son was ordered to discnnect from me and when he refused all of his friends were ordered to disconnect from him and it broke his heart because many were his childhood friends.

I was devastated when I lost all of my friends when I left the Church. But at the end I was glad when I found new ones outside, that were rebels like me...:happydance:

As it is well known disconnection is one of my crusades, I hate to see families torn apart in the name of 'freedom'.

Here are some links of some of my videos and a website for those who are interested:

http://scientologyd isconnection. com/index. html

http://www.youtube. com/user/ AidaThomasFreezo ne#p/a/u/ 0/V7p1vRQrpF4

http://www.youtube. com/user/ AidaThomasFreezo ne#p/f/19/ 5QUV3NKQrVw

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=o3d3DO- _9_Y

ML,
Diana

John Nunez posted this on the Pro LRH Tech Forum:

"HCOB" PTSness and Disconnection
« on: Today at 12:57:05 PM » QuoteModify WarnSplit Topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been brought to light before, but I want it easily findable so created a thread for this. When one looks at how much bad PR the church has experienced over its policy on disconnection, the fact it is Miscavige tech (exhuming a policy LRH found to be non-survival) needs to be emphasized.

The following is public record: Robert Vaughn Young was a member of the Church of Scientology for a period of 20 years (1969-1989), he had worked in many areas within the organization including the highest management echelons.

‘IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO - Civil Action No. 95-K-2143: Declaration of Robert Vaughn Young in Support of Defendant's Opposition to the Motion of Bridge Publications, Inc. for Summary Judgment Against all Defendants for Copyright Infringement. Subscribed and sworn to before me this day of February, 1997, Robert Vaughn Young.’

Section 29 of this affidavit reads:

“I have personal knowledge that material was written and issued under the name of L. Ron Hubbard that he did not author. While working at ASI, I personally wrote material to be issued under his name for several years.

This ranged from simple messages to be sent to various organizational staff on events such as his birthday or a holiday, to my composing an entire large directive that was issued under his name. In these instances, they were done without his knowledge or consent.

The directive that I wrote concerned the Scientology policy of ‘Disconnection’. The order to do this came from David Miscavige. Miscavige said that we had to reinstitute the Policy of Disconnection and that I was to write the policy for this.

I wrote it and it went through several revisions. It was not sent to Hubbard for his approval, but was issued into the Church of Scientology. I might note that at the time I was not working for the Church of Scientology, but was working for a for-profit corporation.”

That ^^^^^^^^^^ (above) was fascinating. As Johnny Carson used to say, "I did not know that."
WOWEE ZOWIE

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Whether hubbard, miscavidge or someone who was working for a for-profit corporation originally wrote it (or later revised it) is irrelevant because in the end we all know that scientologists are made aware right from the start, that disconnection is a completely acceptable (and often suggested) solution for 'handling' anyone that is basically getting on your nerves.

It is an agreed upon cultic handling and (along with all the other rules of the game) it is especially known by second and third generations as they are literally born into it and know of no other way until they eventually become adult and hopefully find out how the real world works.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Originally posted by Diannaclass8
snipped
My own son was ordered to discnnect from me and when he refused all of his friends were ordered to disconnect from him and it broke his heart because many were his childhood friends.

Diannaclass8 ... you must be very special because your Son loves you so much, I am very happy for you.

:yes:

dianaclass8

Diannaclass8 ... you must be very special because your Son loves you so much, I am very happy for you.

:yes:

Ooohhh...:love2: yes he does love me very much, because I told him to lie to the MAA at CCI and tell her that he was disconnected from me and he refused to do that too...LOL!

-Why should I? he said, it is wrong; and he lost all his friends, he was very sad but he was proud of himself.:happydance:

Family is first.

That is why I did the videos and other stuff.

Diana