What's new

What is expected from you as a Life Long Scientologist pt 1

Free Will

Patron with Honors
Shine on, Emma

Fantastic piece.
Just as well you've got the comedy aspects to this forum. Every day I read another well-written, obviously true and heartfelt story, that rings so true to me...and, having locked it away in my own case since I split in 1983, some of them have me in floods of tears. That's been an awful lot of unnecessary mental and sometimes physical abuse of sociable honest people - and it turns out we all started with more love, compassion and humanity in our lives than Hubbard ever knew.
Fantastic presentation. Fantastic forum. I've felt safe since I came in. The fear is gone.
Now gotta pop my sweater in the tumble drier and check if anyone's posted a joke today!
:yes:

the best essay

I love this essay.

I give to friends still in...

...takes them on a journey without making them feel wrong...

...helps them really look as the essay mirrors their experience in many ways...

...and says it so well...

Thanks Emma and big kudos to the unknown writer.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I used to think I was the female version of Alonzo. Then I met grundy. My goal is to become the female version of Zinj.:yes: ( that will probably change - morphing a lot here)

Awww I hadnt seen this.:blush:

We are a lot alike aren't we GT?

BBERRY

Patron
Amazing.......

Amazing to see it from that perspective. Like I was exterior to my OWN story. It's just a very very very true account of what it is like.

sheetmedal

Patron
I think it would be really awesome if anon or other picketers could print this story and pass it out for non-scn people to give to their scn friends.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Newbie - me too, almost!

Welcome and -

Holy sheet, Sheet! You are all over - cool!

Check it all out, wonderful stuff here.:yes:

Do not miss the "I'm feeling like a Session" thread - You'll howl- started by Emma (right?) with Bea, Div6 and others. A superb production.:clap:

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
Thank you so much Emma for posting this long story. I just read all of it, and I can really relate to it. It's important for other ex-scn's to read. Heck, it was important for me to read. Great stuff. Well written.

FFL

riptide

Patron with Honors
To hear a great interview given by the author of this piece....

On this show there are two separate interviews. Definitely check out the 2nd.

http://www.xenutv.com/us/pinellas.htm

Greg nails it.

Thank you Mark Bunker for exposing the crimes and atrocities of the Scientology organization. Thank you Greg Barnes for your well written piece that continues to open peoples eyes.

apple

Patron Meritorious
good story

This story is excellent. The person who wrote it truly wrote it from their heart. So clear, not many Scientology terms and words. It is a story that I could give to a non-scientology person and they could understand it. Infact I will make copies of it and send it to Scn people that I know that are sitting on the fence about Scientology. There are also other terrific stories here on this site as this one. My thanks to the person who wrote this and to Emma for posting it.

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
I highly recommend that the family of scientology marks, read the first 5 postings of this thread "with" the mark in the first day or two. I would have never gotten sucked into scn if I had read "all of it" very early on. The text is easy to read, because the author explains scn jargon in everyday terms. It's too shallow for you to simply say, "Scn is bogus", this thread provides substance. Read the text "WITH" the mark, very early on, every day counts, make sure they get it, their life is at stake. Tell them not to sign ANYTHING, just stay away from scn.

Excerpts from the original text:

...the Church must hide its real self until a person gets hooked...Every ex-Scientologist knows exactly what I mean...

...how stupid I felt when I discovered the truth...

...what is said [written actually] in a Church of Scientology Confessional is not secret...

...the use of private investigators and operatives to use "dirty tricks" to ruin a critics life. From black PR campaigns to false accusations the church will do anything to discredited former members...

Rule #1 When speaking with a Scientologist is that they think they know all the answers...

Rule #2 Never believe anything a Scientologist tells you...

Once your relatives are already in scn, here's a sure-fire way to get them out no matter what, according to Lulu Belle. It's not pretty, but according to this post, it works every time: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=2091 Obviously it's better to keep them out in the first place.

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Your real calling must have been that of a writer

Emma- I am about 2/3 through your story and I am blown out. In your story you take an enormous subject and condense it into an exciting, interesting and informative story in a relalatively few words. It is so concise, but all the major points are covered and nothing of importance is left out. I agree with everything you say and I have experienced the exact same feellings you have related in your story and in the same order. I was considering writing a summary or "epilogue" to my tale aboard the Apollo in 1973 but upon reading your story, I see that what I wanted to say has already been said by you, only in a more concise form than what mine would have been.

You know, I feel charge blowing off from reading it. It is a sort of "coexistence of static" phenomena. It is very strange, even though your story was written some 8 years BEFORE mine, to me it gives me the feeling that what I went through has been perfecly duplicated and all kinds of masses are blowing from my space.

Absolutely incredible! ...........lkwdblds

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Gee I wish I could take credit for that wonderful essay but I cannot. I didn't write it, although I must have reposted it at least 10 times over the years.

The first time this was posted was about 7 years ago ( I think). Arnie Lerma posted it to a.r.s and it literally knocked me off my feet with how much "charge" it blew for me. I printed it off and read it every day for months after I left.

No one except Arnie and the author himself know who wrote that piece. I could be wrong about that as the last time I spoke to Arnie about it was years ago. The person could be unanonymous by now and I wouldn't know. I have always hoped that one day the author would step up and take a bow so I'd know who to thank.

Even today when I re read it it does something to me.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Concurrent phenomena and synchronicities...

Emma- I am about 2/3 through your story and I am blown out. In your story you take an enormous subject and condense it into an exciting, interesting and informative story in a relalatively few words. It is so concise, but all the major points are covered and nothing of importance is left out. I agree with everything you say and I have experienced the exact same feellings you have related in your story and in the same order. I was considering writing a summary or "epilogue" to my tale aboard the Apollo in 1973 but upon reading your story, I see that what I wanted to say has already been said by you, only in a more concise form than what mine would have been.

You know, I feel charge blowing off from reading it. It is a sort of "coexistence of static" phenomena. It is very strange, even though your story was written some 8 years BEFORE mine, to me it gives me the feeling that what I went through has been perfecly duplicated and all kinds of masses are blowing from my space.

Absolutely incredible! ...........lkwdblds

I started inexplicably and unexpectedly blowing mass/charge upon starting reading and posting here - as did many others I have comm with.

Please go ahead and write your experiences as explicitly as you can and share them, at the risk of being redundant - I assure you the readership will be most appreciative!

And others, perhaps as yet not arrived, will find themselves perfectly duplicated - and the healing and recoveries of power and ability will be further enhanced.

Incredible...Love it! EP

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
Which chiropractors-dentists-veterinarians-etc in my area are scn's

Excerpt from part 4 of this thread:
"Tremendous effort has gone in to the recruiting professions. Various consulting groups have been formed, aimed at particular practices. Chiropractors, dentists, and veterinarians are a major target."
How can I find out "who" the scientologist chiropractors-dentists-veterinarians-etc are in my area, but more importantly to me; who is "not" a scn?

How can I find out "who" the consulting groups are, which are targeting these professions?

For example, suppose I was seeking an attorney to deal with harassment issues, and I wanted to confirm that the attorney was "not" a scn. Well, I suppose I could have them investigated by a PI, but isn't there a better way. Even so, how would I know that the PI I'm hiring is "not" a sci and not on the scn payroll. Plus it may not even be legal for an attorney-or-PI to assist in my "discrimination" against a so-called "religion".

But the plot thickens. Suppose I found an attorney that I knew not to be a sci, they'd probably want an investigation, how would I insure they were "not" hiring a scn PI, or one that's on the scn payroll.

If an attorney or PI "was" a sci, they'd lie to get the business, and then they'd sell you out (because to them it would be "ethical" to lie). On the other hand, if the attorney was "not" a sci, they wouldn't believe any of this anyway -- they'd think you were just being paranoid for bringing it up. Which is true of course, because I do not want to deal with scis. And I surely don't want to pay them any money. I am not sure how to proceed.

Now I realize there are people grinning and shaking their heads after reading this, because this all sounds far out. I say these people can not comprehend the sophistication and depth of the PI community. But I've been the recipient of harassment, and it is so extreme, you'd never believe it. I want to thank Lynn Fountain Campbell who replied to "my story" thread saying, "...don't worry. You don't have to prove it to us. Many of us have been there, and we recognize their heavy-handed elephant tracks..."

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How can I find out "who" the scientologist chiropractors-dentists-veterinarians-etc are in my area?

How can I find out "who" the consulting groups are, which are targeting these professions?

Depends on which area you are in. If there is an org nearby, and you happen to be acceptable in there, then you can just ask around.

In LA there were - and probably still are - monthly mags put out by local Scios that contained articles, classified etc., and these usually contained display ads from the local churchie professionals.

http://www.whowhatwheredirectory.com/mains.htm is a non-CofS list of churchie companies, that seems to be mostly LA and Clearwater.

Plus the WISE directory contained a list. I don't know if they still put it out.

Paul

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
Great Post!

Excerpt... last paragraph

"....
I feel like a kid in a candy store. All of a sudden the world has open up for me. Great literature, different philosophies, art and different cultures are mine to explore. I have never felt closer to my family and I am making new friends.

I have learned that Life is a journey, and it is hard at times, but I love this world and I am proud to be part of it again.

I feel like a person freed from the ignorance of Scientology. In many ways I feel lucky.

Scientology is a huge labyrinth and I made it out. So to those of my friends who are still stuck inside I say this, "There is a future after Scientology, a much better one." " ....(end)

This says it all!

Emma, I think you should post this once year and every year on LHR's Birthday from now until eternity!

Bee Sting

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you. So true. But don't forget to add Farenheight 451 to those books

dammit...still can't believe I haven't gotten around to that one yet, and with SO much sci-fi under my belt. 1984,amen. I'm reading Jane Austen right now...reacquainting myself with pleasure..