What's new

What is good about being out in the "Wog" World

This reminds me of a time that a friend and I went to see a movie in Leicester Square. There was a street guy on the pavement, dirty and smelly but quite uptone. My friend and I decided that rather than going into the movie we would sit and talk to the guy. My God what an amazing story. Sad that he ended up on the streets, but he was funny, witty and a brilliant story teller. He didn't beef about his fate and had had the most amazing life before. I remember thinking at the time how wrong the Scientology take was on these guys, and not at all compassionate.

well vumba, i'm happy to hear you get along so well with one of my counterparts.

i'd write about the things i most like about the wog world but children and young adults read this board

of course on the other hand we do have war out here in the wog world and i have been part of it. the vietnam war and the nuclear confrontation between east and west were part of what propelled me and so many others into scientology and i also believe the efforts of students of hubbards work made a significant contribution to the collapse of the soviet union

but back to the first hand...

f**k stats!

f**k 2:00PM Thursday

f**k the e/o, the product officer and the assistant guardian

f**k muster

f**k seven day weeks

etc etc etc

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
well vumba, i'm happy to hear you get along so well with one of my counterparts.

i'd write about the things i most like about the wog world but children and young adults read this board

of course on the other hand we do have war out here in the wog world and i have been part of it. the vietnam war and the nuclear confrontation between east and west were part of what propelled me and so many others into scientology and i also believe the efforts of students of hubbards work made a significant contribution to the collapse of the soviet union

but back to the first hand...

f**k stats!

f**k 2:00PM Thursday

f**k the e/o, the product officer and the assistant guardian

f**k muster

f**k seven day weeks

etc etc etc

I second that! I remember the insanity of the muster on a Sunday morning. I had to clean my Auditing room at one end of the building and up a flight of stairs AND clean the course room at the other end up a different flight of stairs. I had 15 minutes to do this before being on course. If I didn't do the courseroom I would get a KR written on me by the course room sup. If I didn't do the auditing room, the e/o wrote a KR on me. If I was late for course which I often was, the Academy Sup would KR me and send me to ethics and waste more time.

I'm glad I didn't subscribe to too much of that! The E/O should have KR'd himself for concocting such a crazy cleaning schedule.:biggrin:

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
It is good out in the real world to read what I want, and to not have to avert my eyes from anything that might be "enturbulating," remembering that I am perfectly capable of figuring things out for myself.

I also am grateful that I no longer ever have to think, "Damn, that's gonna come up in session some day."

But as a former Foundation staffer, what I'm really glad to have back are my WEEKENDS! :happydance:

Sindy

Crusader
Great thread!

I like the fact that I no longer have to continuously protect Scientology in the eyes of others. I am happy to not have to disseminate or to feel guilty for not having "helped someone" with Scientology.

I like discovering all the lies that I believed and all the control I allowed a single organization/ideology to have over me and knowing that I will never let that happen again. It is really a great lesson to learn.

I like that I can plan something into the future, step by step, and actually do the organizational steps necessary to get it done instead of having to frantically create a product, each week before Thursday at 2 pm.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Being able to look at a picture of Hubbard and allow yourself to think that he was an ugly fat fuck with blubbery lips that nobody in their right mind would trust.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Who was it here who said that a cold is just a cold? Yeah, baby!! I hated getting sick cuz I'd end up on a goddamn routing form.

Lavalyte

Patron with Honors
I thought I would like to post something nice after the heaviness of the Sharone S. ban threads... whew!

When I was a child growing up in Scientology, up until I was twenty one, I had always been taught that the so called "Wog" world was a place that needed Clearing, and that we were the people to do it. That they needed saving in effect, and that it was not a good place to be. This meant that when I was thinking of leaving, I was absolutely terrified. It was David Gaiman who taught me to write a cheque at aged about 20, but until that point I hadn't a clue. I didn't know what it meant to own a bank account, deposit money, earn money, buy new clothes (when we were in the S.O. all our clothes came from jumble sales), drive or own my own car. So I started to reflect on all the plus points I found since leaving, and I have had an absolute blast:-

• :happydance:
I have had real jobs that pay real money
: I have learned to drive and own my own cars
: I have been to many countries, far and wide
: I have eaten in wonderful restaurants and tasted exotic and fabulous foods
: I have swum in oceans around the world, and tasted Arctic air and come close to Polar bears
: I have swum with dolphins and eaten lobster and oysters
: I have skiied in the Alps and eaten ripe French cheeses
: I have had Fondue in Austria
: I have had a Turkish massage in a Turkish bath (even though it nearly killed me)!
: I have met people from all walks of life from all around the globe and made some amazing friends
: I have had headaches and been allowed to take pain killers !!
: I have been drunk or giddy or tipsy and loved it and not felt guilty
: I have taken coffee breaks at work and not been scared about who is watching the clock behind me
: I have been able to lie in on a Saturday or Sunday morning and have breakfast in bed
: I have been to see Shakespeare in Stratford, and Anthony Hopkins at The National
: I have been to concerts and not had to worry about what time I got home
: I have been able to voice my opinion without fear of retribution
: I have had (and still do) been able to own my own pets/

But I've never been... to me.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
It is good out in the real world to read what I want, and to not have to avert my eyes from anything that might be "enturbulating," happydance:

Picking up on this, does anyone know if an actual Policy was issued about not being allowed television and newspapers? When I left, the rule had just come in that TV was no longer going to be allowed in the SO houses, but I don't recall ever having seen a Policy on it? Paul?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
But as a former Foundation staffer, what I'm really glad to have back are my WEEKENDS! :happydance:

And actual vacations.

My company has Christmas shutdown and we get paid for it. I was off from 2 days before Christmas until 2 days after New Years.

That's "died and went to heaven" stuff for someone who was in the SO. :happydance:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
--You can engage in all the sex you want, however you want, with whomever you want, without worrying about dozens of people knowing about it. Or, worrying that whatever you've done is somehow aberrated.

:thumbsup:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Picking up on this, does anyone know if an actual Policy was issued about not being allowed television and newspapers? When I left, the rule had just come in that TV was no longer going to be allowed in the SO houses, but I don't recall ever having seen a Policy on it? Paul?

I remember some PAC ED (from the late 70s) about the TV. I don't recall ever seeing an issue on no newspapers beyond the Problems of Work (?) bit about stop reading the papers for a week and you'll feel better. I imagine the PAC ED got reissued in some more general SO issue, but I haven't kept on top of SO issues since 1995, 17 years ago.

Paul

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
I love this thread.

I love weekends. Real weekends, with no pressure to work and no need to CSW for the time off.

I love that I have time to "fry my other fish" - pursue my hobbies and interests without feeling even a twinge of guilt.

I love health insurance! Yes it's full of flaws but some insurance is better than no insurance and my health has improved enormously as a result. I see real doctors with valid licenses these days. Not ethics officers who insist I'm PTS.

I love that I never, ever have to drink cal-mag or down fistfuls of vitamins again.

I love that if someone yells at me at work I have actual, legal recourse available to me.

I love that nobody ever yells at me at work.

Semper Phi

Patron with Honors
Just thought of something else that is fantastic about being out -- I don't ever have to go to another "briefing" (AKA reg or recruit event) or gawd-awful Int event as staff or as public. I just got a voicemail from an org staffer wanting to tell me about something "pretty cool," (this was right after the afternoon muster, so it was surely an event call-in) and I can happily ignore it! AND, I never again have to do another event call-in. It's all good.