What's new

What is OSA really like today?

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
JMHO

I think we need to balance the truth with paranoia. We are lucky to be living in a time where there are so many people speaking out that there is no way OSA can keep up with them all. OSA is fun to make fun of and ridicule, but they have ruined many lives. I have direct knowledge of the havoc and pain they can wreak and my initial cult counselor told me respectfully that going up against these bastards publicly was not worth it because of what he'd seen. Man, I hope more and more exes come out and overwhelm them. Don't discount and laugh off the hell that some folks have gone through at their hands. There IS a reason many of us came out scared of these jerks, and it's not unfounded. They are overwhelmed right now, and more and more of us coming out will drown out their efforts.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
A fascinating subject - I had experience with David Gaiman, Mo Budlong, Herman Brendal, Jane Kember, Kevin Kember, Charles Parselle. Many secrets - covert operations. Real undercover stuff.
Any other ex GO out there?

:welcome: Vincent - there are some ex-GO around here apart from those who've already spoken - they'll probably speak to you privately on the PM line.:thumbsup:

Coming from NSW myself (currently freezing south of the border) it's sooooo nice to see so many from Sydney and surrounds ditching the cult and re-joining the human race.:yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think we need to balance the truth with paranoia. We are lucky to be living in a time where there are so many people speaking out that there is no way OSA can keep up with them all. OSA is fun to make fun of and ridicule, but they have ruined many lives. I have direct knowledge of the havoc and pain they can wreak and my initial cult counselor told me respectfully that going up against these bastards publicly was not worth it because of what he'd seen. Man, I hope more and more exes come out and overwhelm them. Don't discount and laugh off the hell that some folks have gone through at their hands. There IS a reason many of us came out scared of these jerks, and it's not unfounded. They are overwhelmed right now, and more and more of us coming out will drown out their efforts.

Thanks clammy. That's exactly true. We need a *balance* of paranoia and relief. OSA/Scientology has only *two* limitations; their resources and what they think they can get away with. There are no scruples to hinder them, and, they have enough money to throw literally *millions* at any particular target; but, not *all* targets.

Zinj

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks clammy. That's exactly true. We need a *balance* of paranoia and relief. OSA/Scientology has only *two* limitations; their resources and what they think they can get away with. There are no scruples to hinder them, and, they have enough money to throw literally *millions* at any particular target; but, not *all* targets.

Zinj

awwwwwww......if there wasn't a Mrs. Zinj I'd be tempted to do dirty, dirty things to you right now :coolwink:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I blushed, the OSA wallcams would kick in. But, my TRs are in.

Zinj

Well, I AM a bit of a whore...just ask CoS :eyeroll: So, you're blameless if you do blush....just my evil criminal self that can't withhold myself from committing overts. Ah...what wankers, eh?

Feral

Rogue male
Well, I AM a bit of a whore...just ask CoS :eyeroll: So, you're blameless if you do blush....just my evil criminal self that can't withhold myself from committing overts. Ah...what wankers, eh?

Geez, I must still be abberated. That kind of talk still really does 'it' for me.

Even if it isn't directed at me...:confused2:

HolyCow

Patron with Honors
There IS a reason many of us came out scared of these jerks, and it's not unfounded.

Yeah, ort of like a mini-mafia, except using every weapon but gun hardware. Main ammunition was False Information and stopping True Information.

In today's world (where they Don't live) it's like throwing rocks at a rock. Oh, does that mean they're now "rock-slamming"? :D

I think so..and I think it's all but over. Can't remember who said it: "The Truth will set you free ... but first, it will piss you off". Until their final demise, maybe there could be a "Scientologists' Witness Protection Program":confused2:

got_the_T_shirt

Oh, definitely.

If you have actually been in the Sea Org and been around OSA and OSA staff, it's obvious to you they aren't running around spying on people and looking in their trash.

They may be paying a PI to do it, but they can only get so much money through FP for this. So, the amount of spying and trash picking they can get done is pretty limited.

Part of the solution that seemed to be being used to get some of this stuff done was "public volunteers". But, considering some of the most vocal critics these days used to be "public volunteers" (Tory; Patty P) I think there's a good chance they're not doing this like they used to.

I read the stuff on ARS and OCMB about OSA OSA OSA everywhere and I roll my eyes. While they think OSA is spying through their windows, it's a lot more likely they are all at a mandatory muster at the HGB before everyone has to white glove the building for the whole night.

This whole post thus far is pretty interesting. In my royal opinion you're all right and wrong. Hi Chuck Beatty, hi Dan Garvin. OSA is by-and-large a paper pushing self-important puppet, containing oh-so-determined hardworking peeps, all breaking their backs for the even more self-important upper management suits. But...there is a definite program on the table that is worked actively. The GO methods may be publicly dead but the direct replacements such as the Snow White Program and others continue. Chuck your ex-wife - a lovely lady - may have been able to separate herself from the yuck mentally on some level but she sat in a cubicle with Ben Shaw/Neil O'R. and Kirsten Thorne and whatever the current incarnation of the Invest Bureau was. There's no way she didn't know the crap that was going on. She certainly didn't physically participate in their active "investigations" (for the most part...but there were days she was out in the field too) but she sat right there on the computer with Jane whats-her-face digging up and analyzing for all of the above. What choice did she have anyway, except to totally dig in her heels and make a meal out of her defiance. That ends up with her digging ditches, eating beans and rice, being harassed, and a generally shit time. And yet she kept her dignity and I liked her a lot. There's no way that the idea that a good dozen to two dozen of the OSA Int staff, themselves, don't directly, take part in the cloak and dagger intrigue. There's Doug, Ben, Kirsten (Kirsten and Ben...now there's a very dirty team), her dad, Angel, Neal, Linda Sarkovich, Hamel and others who loved flapping their wings walking out the office with their faces set just right to show how "on to" the current flappy situation they were. The Ingrams of the world were always around and those "volunteers" who loved playing James Bond. And all around the dirty hands were scores of people who got things ready, turned the latest dirt into a press release, spun this and spun that. Treasury was in on the program...pay the PIs, pay Monique's $500/hr fees, don't pay for dental care for a veteran staff member, etc. HCO was in on the program...watching the dirties, applying the pressure on behalf of "Int". Whats-her-face Heinrich clapped and cheered for the heroes on the front lines - inevitably the guys with their hands dirty - from her Port Captain post. Haha I would warrant that the reason Dan Garvin didn't get harassed too badly is because he was so involved in computerizing Invest CIC and OSA Int's very first early oh-so-scary forays into the mean and nasty world of the internet and the free-thinking world. He probably knows too much and they know he knows how to work a computer and get through their smoke screen and show the world that he isn't making things up. Go Dan!

I can say I've been there, said wtf and got out.

But the idea that the recruits into OSA Int are mostly fresh-faced innocents with good intentions to do good is true. Even the dirties for the most part were "nice". There were some assholes like Lynn Farny (how did he ever marry such a nice lady?) but hey.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
You mean to tell me that OSA isn't trying to trick and confuse SchwimmelPuckel at every turn?

Don't tell him though. He'd be dissapointed.
They aren't!? - Lazy basterds!! - Downstat loafers the lot of 'em!!!

(Some comm lag eh'? - According to Hubbard I'm insane! Shit!! :omg:)