What's new

What kind of people are we?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Al, aren't you being just a touch Oliver with all this "I want more" stuff?

Try patience, you've waited a long time (I know) but a little more time won't hurt.

Get yourself a new hobby or something to fill in the lulls between shitstorms, there's another one brewing up as we speak; the findings of the Senate Inquiry into a Public Benefit Test are coming soon.

But what?

Tiddley-winks? Horse Racing?

Are you actually suggesting I go fry other fish?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Here's an example of *one* thing that's wrong with Marty:

From his blog:

"John, Good point. I am working on a post about how overboard they are now going on pc folder use. It used to be they’d use a tid bit or two to create an introversion. Now, there is wholesale culling and analysis and use to wage all out mental warfare on people."

So, Marty admits that Scientology previously used culled PC Folder data to fuck with people, but, back in *his* day, it was just 'a tid bit' or two'. Not like today.

Bullshit. Since Hubbard's day PC culling has been rampant. There may be more public exposure of it, because it's being used publicly to attack escapees who are publicly speaking in the media.

And, all out mental warfare on people has been a Scientology speciality for decades; PC Folder culling being only one aspect of that. It's Ron who invented and mandated the tactic.

But, the *other* implication is that 'a tid bit or two' is OK, so, it wasn't bad when it was done earlier (since it's impossible to deny it totally), but now it is!

It was *always* evil. As evil as considered necessary. If there's more now, it's only because Scientology is more endangered now.

Zinj

Good twin

Floater

From his blog:

"John, Good point. I am working on a post about how overboard they are now going on pc folder use. It used to be they’d use a tid bit or two to create an introversion. Now, there is wholesale culling and analysis and use to wage all out mental warfare on people."

So, Marty admits that Scientology previously used culled PC Folder data to fuck with people, but, back in *his* day, it was just 'a tid bit' or two'. Not like today.

Bullshit. Since Hubbard's day PC culling has been rampant. There may be more public exposure of it, because it's being used publicly to attack escapees who are publicly speaking in the media.

And, all out mental warfare on people has been a Scientology speciality for decades; PC Folder culling being only one aspect of that. It's Ron who invented and mandated the tactic.

But, the *other* implication is that 'a tid bit or two' is OK, so, it wasn't bad when it was done earlier (since it's impossible to deny it totally), but now it is!

It was *always* evil. As evil as considered necessary. If there's more now, it's only because Scientology is more endangered now.

Zinj

Yes, Zinj. Reading Marty's blog or hearing what he's been saying seems to clearly indicate that he is just as dangerous as he ever was and hasn't changed a bit. Why people would jump out of the frying pan and into the fire is I suppose just and age old question for lots of irrational but all too human behavior.

Here's how I see it. When a Scientologists leave the cult they see how bad it "has become" they don't see how bad it "always was". They wouldn't have joined if there wasn't something that attracted them to the group in he first place. Most of us who "signed up" made a decision that we would continue to do Scientology and go up the bridge "as long as it works" and/or "as long as it's fun" or some other personal criteria.

So.....in making this decision you are creating a positive element that sticks you to the subject and the group. This is true for me and I'm sure for others as I've seen it posted about how fun it was in the old days and the wins we used to have and blah blah blah.

Also sadly, part of the glue that sticks people to the cult, in my opinion, is the criminal / rebellious nature of being a Scientologist. This is the part people on this board will disagree with me on and I respect that it may not be true for you...but then you are out so that particular glue didn't work on you. But for me and for some of the folks from the old days (70s and earlier) I'm certain that this was true. Of course I have examples and I'll share one.

In 1976 I was a staff member at the Tampa mission when the SP times started exposing the cult and the covert operation of moving into the Ft Harrison hotel. There was lots of stuff printed that I had never seen and couldn't wrap my thinking around. I sat down with Dan Machado who was the ethics officer at the time to be reassured that we were the good guys and that everything would turn out okay. I don't remember all that he told me but I do remember him talking about the Guardian's Office and their role to keep the press and the government out of our way so we could get on with the job of saving mankind. It was inspiring to listen to his conviction. But....Now.....looking back...there was one thing in particular that he said that I always remembered and it's one of those phrases that flashes at me like a flash of memory in a movie where they show you a vital piece of information that doesn't make sense until the conclusion. Dan Machado said to me "I don't consider killing and FBI agent an overt".

Now he wasn't making a confession. He wasn't saying that it had been done. But he WAS saying that if the GO needed to do it, it would be okay. And as I sat there listening to him, I felt like I was part of the biggest and most important conspiracy of all time. And I agreed. Because that time in my life fully defined who the good guys were.

Have you all seen the movie "A Beautiful Mind"? That really is how a Scientologist functions in the real world. He really reads strange importances into his daily routine and he really sees conspiracy and danger that he believes he alone can see and handle. At least I did and I think many others did and do too.

Worse than you think. :yes:

So....the addicted to the delusion Scientologist wants to get back to when Scientology was working or when Scientology was fun. They don't realize it was ALWAYS chipping away at reality and destroying their mind. That's why they buy Marty. IMO

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
But what?

Tiddley-winks? Horse Racing?

Are you actually suggesting I go fry other fish?
I was thinking something along the lines of feeding the homeless, helping out at the local shelter, running across America for Cancer Research etc. something that has purpose and is its own reward.

A hobby has to be engaging and sufficiently ample in scope that it encompasses the ego of the hobbyist.

I know this to be true; when they handed out bodies, I thought they said hobbies and blithely said, "Sure, I'll have one of those."

From his blog:

Zinj

This goes right to the point I was making. The intimidation, the threats, the disconections, the humiliation, the atmosphere of serfdom to the demands of the Church flourished under Rathbun and Rinder.

They haven't disavowed the actions of theirs that created their reign of terror.

They are only pointing the finger at Miscavige and saying he is doing it to a higher degree.

These guys are rats. They are the rats that played a major role in making Scientology cruel.

It seems there are exes and indies who wish to retain their serfdom to Rinder and Rathbun.

I think that some who sing the praises of Rathbun and Rinder probably do not want the responsibility of sorting out in their own minds the personal, mental, social, and spiritual calamity that are the results of the Scientology of which they were a part.

They want someone to lead the way for them. They appear to be hoping for a Messiah.

Perhaps they really do want to be just serfs, but with a slightly better treatment than they got before. After all, being a serf worked for them while they were in.

I think that even though someone is an ex, if they are under the spell of the Rider/Rathbun mystique they are really falling back under the spell of Scientology.

Rinder/Rathbun or the Church of Scientology/Miscavige--two sides of the same coin.

The Anabaptist Jacques

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
What kind of people are we?

For the most part, the kind of people who are not afraid to question what we read or hear ( 'anymore' for the ex-scns)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/mike-rinder-on-todaytonight/#comments

martyrathbun09 // July 23, 2010 at 12:40 pm
John, Good point. I am working on a post about how overboard they are now going on pc folder use. It used to be they’d use a tid bit or two to create an introversion. Now, there is wholesale culling and analysis and use to wage all out mental warfare on people.
This is a fantastic quote Zinj.

As a Scientologist, when you sit down with a stack of another person's PC folders and start going through them to only "use a bit or two to create an introversion" - what, exactly, are you doing?

You are starting with folder number one, reading though each auditing session to find something that can be used to introvert someone else. Then you move on to folder number 2 and do the same things to each folder until you have found information from every one of their "priest/penitent privileged" auditing sessions that can be used to introvert the Scientologist.

Look at that.

Look how blithely Marty speaks about this activity.

To him, taking a Scientologist's pc folders and finding things to use on them to "create an introversion" is not "waging all out mental warfare on people". It's something else. It's innocuous and fine for a Scientologist to use "a tidbit or two" to introvert someone.

But "wholesale culling and analysis to wage mental warfare on people" is a completely different activity to Marty.

Tell me, Marty, in order to come up with a "tidbit or two", don't you have to do "wholesale analysis" on a person's pc folders anyway?

And isn't using any session data to create an introversion in another person waging all-out mental warfare?

In Marty's mind, this distinction actually exists.

And the people who read his blog do not see the mental warfare and the complete betrayal of Scientologists that he is admitting to.

Absolutely wild.

I know you basically said this zinj in your post but my god. I just had to write out and look at it again.

Duplication comes before understanding.

Last edited:
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/mike-rinder-on-todaytonight/#comments

This is a fantastic quote Zinj.

As a Scientologist, when you sit down with a stack of another person's PC folders and start going through them to only "use a bit or two to create an introversion" - what, exactly, are you doing?

You are starting with folder number one, reading though each auditing session to find something that can be used to introvert someone else. Then you move on to folder number 2 and do the same things to each folder until you have found information from every one of their "priest/penitent privileged" auditing sessions that can be used to introvert the Scientologist.

Look at that.

Look how blithely Marty speaks about this activity.

To him, taking a Scientologist's pc folders and finding things to use on them to "create an introversion" is not "waging all out mental warfare on people". It's something else. It's innocuous and fine for a Scientologist to use "a tidbit or two" to introvert someone.

But "wholesale culling and analysis to wage mental warfare on people" is a completely different activity to Marty.

Tell me, Marty, in order to come up with a "tidbit or two", don't you have to do "wholesale analysis" on a person's pc folders anyway?

And isn't using any session data to create an introversion in another person waging all-out mental warfare?

In Marty's mind, this distinction actually exists.

And the people who read his blog do not see the mental warfare and the complete betrayal of Scientologists that he is admitting to.

Absolutely wild.

I know you basically said this zinj in your post but my god. I just had to write out and look at it again.

Duplication comes before understanding.

Just as with everything else in Scientology, Mindfucking people into submissive compliance is not a problem, but making this practice too obvious is a problem.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

From his blog:

<snip> "It used to be they’d use a tid bit or two to create an introversion. Now, there is wholesale culling and analysis and use to wage all out mental warfare on people." <snip>
WTF!!? - WTF!!?? - WTF!!?? - Mr.Rathbun is actually and actively PR'ing the use of FOLDER CULLING!

Hot Damn! - The man has lost it!

A little bit of 'folder culling' is every bit as bad and completely unacceptable as a whole fucking lot of folder culling!

Erh.. WTF am I complaining about? - I need to thank Mr.Ratbun! He's making all those L.Ron'ers, he worked so hard to get out, aware thet folder culling has been used, and WILL be used in the future in the new and reformed scientology cult!

This knowledge makes 'auditing' INOPERABLE!!!

Did for me when I became aware of it.. I'd even bet it fucks up any future session for scientologists who 'accepts' the idea! - They WILL sensor what they say to an auditor! - They will sensor their very thoughts!

But maybe the most important 'information' we get here is this: Mr.Rathbun does not understand how important priest/penitent privileged is! - He simply doesn't get it!

Hey! - Folder culling was done in the Guardian's Office while I was there.. But there was an awareness that the practice was super, for you eyes only, fucking enormously damned SECRET! - Never to be told to any public or anyone outside the GO, since it would fuck them up beyond repair. (Which didn't matter for GO staff apparently.. We were supposed to 'confront' it..)

I'm flabberghasted! :duh:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
By the way - to anyone who is wondering why we are talking about Mike and Marty so much?

This is why.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I've pdfed the webpage on marty's blog where his comment appears, in case something might happen to it later.

WTF!!? - WTF!!?? - WTF!!?? - Mr.Rathbun is actually and actively PR'ing the use of FOLDER CULLING!

He's just letting his followers know that he was looking for leverage on people in their PC folders before the cult tells his followers that he was. Remember 'Saint Marty of The Shack' has confessed that He is No Angel' so all the carnage in his path is to be forgiven and forgotten.

A little bit of 'folder culling' is every bit as bad and completely unacceptable as a whole fucking lot of folder culling!

Erh.. WTF am I complaining about? - I need to thank Mr.Ratbun! He's making all those L.Ron'ers, he worked so hard to get out, aware thet folder culling has been used, and WILL be used in the future in the new and reformed scientology cult!

This knowledge makes 'auditing' INOPERABLE!!!

Did for me when I became aware of it.. I'd even bet it fucks up any future session for scientologists who 'accepts' the idea! - They WILL sensor what they say to an auditor! - They will sensor their very thoughts!

But maybe the most important 'information' we get here is this: Mr.Rathbun does not understand how important priest/penitent privileged is! - He simply doesn't get it!

Hey! - Folder culling was done in the Guardian's Office while I was there.. But there was an awareness that the practice was super, for you eyes only, fucking enormously damned SECRET! - Never to be told to any public or anyone outside the GO, since it would fuck them up beyond repair. (Which didn't matter for GO staff apparently.. We were supposed to 'confront' it..)

And these guys are the REFORMERS!

The Anabaptist Jacques