What's new

WHAT LONG TERM AGREEMENTS IS IS IT OK TO BREAK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freethinker

Sponsor
This is a presumption Roger and is easily rebutted by looking at the front page of ESMB and seeing a consistent amount of guests (lurkers) day in and day out and I have never heard or have seen Emma post a thread saying that membership is down because of the behavior of Exes towards Indy's.

That you find the responses to OA ofensive is clearly noted but to say that those newly out are repulsed by it is a complete and total rebuttable presumption not worthy of your ususal character.

I have heard this presumed idea that those who just left Scientology are damaged further because we don't provide a silken bed with pillow cases that resemble the CO$ so they can gently land from the horrors of Scientology.

Did you ever consider that being offered more Hubbard like environment might be as equally repulsive and damaging.

I know you have your ideals and protocol Roger but don't back them with presumption.

OA is being condescending in his resposes which doesn't speak well for Spiritual Rescue Technology. What would be is his PC's coming on ESMB and backing up what he claims, not just HIS claims. His retorts sound like Hubbards "alone and in pain and in the dark.", which sounds even more like Hubbard.

Are you absolutely certain that those leaving Scientology need and/ or want a "winding down" form Scientology because the fact that they left, tells me otherwise.

Don't you realize how this kind of behavior comes across to the lurkers you say you are wanting to influence to get out of the Cof$?

I suggest you look at the fact that many who are on the verge of getting out of the cult are looking for what else and how to continue to pursue their belief in the opportunity to advance their spiritual recovery and awareness. The thing that holds many IN the cult is the lie that only in the cult is the "route out."

Insulting and vitriolic behavior on this board does not help those folks you say you want to help exit where they are.

RogerB

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just wanna know what short term disagreements is it wrong to keep? Let's get back on topic here, huh?

M

Moderator 2

freethinker said;
This is a presumption Roger and is easily rebutted by looking at the front page of ESMB and seeing a consistent amount of guests (lurkers) day in and day out and I have never heard or have seen Emma post a thread saying that membership is down because of the behavior of Exes towards Indy's.

That you find the responses to OA ofensive is clearly noted but to say that those newly out are repulsed by it is a complete and total rebuttable presumption not worthy of your ususal character.

RogerB is correct here. It's not debating and questioning the premise of OA's posts but the manner that it's done in, Let the board rules be you guide.

I have heard this presumed idea that those who just left Scientology are damaged further because we don't provide a silken bed with pillow cases that resemble the CO$ so they can gently land from the horrors of Scientology.

This is a strawman fallacy.

Did you ever consider that being offered more Hubbard like environment might be as equally repulsive and damaging.

That it's damaging is debatable, and it really is worth debating, as is whether or not it is in fact 'Hubbard like', but it is not repulsive to those getting out, RogerB is correct as to what's repulsive.

OA is being condescending in his resposes which doesn't speak well for Spiritual Rescue Technology. What would be is his PC's coming on ESMB and backing up what he claims, not just HIS claims. His retorts sound like Hubbards "alone and in pain and in the dark.", which sounds even more like Hubbard.

OA did respond less than perfectly, but his restraint was admirable given the baiting. He was warned as well as other posters here for some of the responses.

The only reason I took the time to answer this post was because it purported to represent a view of the admin which was false.

This thread is closed.

M2

Status
Not open for further replies.