What's new

What made me leave?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Blip, just a quick question; you do know that the word "victim" has a somewhat different meaning/colour in scio-speke?

No, I didn't know that. Thanks Panda.

How can a person "choose" to be a victim . . . oh, right, they "called it in". I get it now. Its a kind of "blame the victim" routine. Explains a lot, actually. Cheers.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
And once again all ends well in paradise ...

:happydance:

ESMB allows Ex scio's to communicate freely with no need for the acting we all had to do if we wanted to remain out of HCO when we were still in.

It is wonderful.

For me the post (below) is one of the best I have ever read (my bolding) and I would just like to add that if a scientologist can confront the ridiculous things he has to confront on a daily basis in scientology (whether cofs or Indie) ... he/she can learn to confront what we have to say, IF they choose to come here.

Originally posted by Zinj

It's one thing to limit your own 'comm' to some manipulative 'first step', designed so as to not 'offend' someone you're trying to manipulate along some thought-process bread-crumb trail to freedom.

It's something quite different to suggest that *everyone else* also avoid giving away the plot by revealing the *rest* of the story.

As to the 'roasting' and 'shooting'; well, Geir doesn't seem to have stood up to the heat in the kitchen very well and any 'shooting' of anyone; Scientologist or not, is at most a violation of Scientology's mandate to 'never confront your target with a reality they can't easily swallow'.

Many, if not most, of us are *not* Scientologists and it's not our fault that Scientologists believe themselves to be so fragile that 'other' opinion or thought needs to be hidden away with the other 'adult' material that's beyond their gradient

Them's not bullets; it's merely yet another example of Scientology attempting to control communication with aggressive victimology.

Zinj

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
No, I didn't know that. Thanks Panda.

How can a person "choose" to be a victim . . . oh, right, they "called it in". I get it now. Its a kind of "blame the victim" routine. Explains a lot, actually. Cheers.
Oh, it's soooo much more than that. In scientology, "victim" is a derogatory word used to denigrate a person for failing to be "at cause".

If, for example, you were to actually complain about a lack of service/understanding/exchange, mistreatment, abuse etc or to intimate that you'd been victimised (english language meaning) in any way the typical scientology-mindset response would be a dismissive, "He/she's being a victim". It is used derogatorily. Scientologists hate being labelled "victim" and have little time for anyone who thinks of him/herself as a victim.

Check out Marty's Blog for examples of this mentality.

Veda

Sponsor
The Scientology Dictionary defines "Victim" as "1. a destroyed or threatened with destruction receipt point. 2. a victim is an unwilling and unknowing effect of life, matter, energy, space and time."

Also, in Scientology, the word "victim" is sometimes associated with the "dramatizing of a service facsimile," where someone becomes a "victim" to get sympathy and to gain other perceived advantages.

"Victims" in Scientology are frowned upon if they are being victims of Scientology.

BUT THERE'S A TWIST, a SWITCH, a FAST ONE, A TURN AROUND, a GIMMICK, A PLOY, A TRICK - after all this IS Scientology.

Per its founders confidential instructions one is to USE ENEMY TACTICS, and these include "ABERRATIVE" TACTICS.

Scientologists, when interacting with "Wogs" (humanoids who, of course, are aberrated) and "SPs" and "DBs," if it is regarded as forwarding Scientology, will USE ENEMY TACTICS.

One of the traits of lower (non Scientology) beings is that they "become victims," and use "being a victim" to their advantage.

So, following L. Ron Hubbard's instructions in his "Scientology Philosophy," when dealing with the ENEMY (including the "Wogs" who are "PTS" - or they'd have become Scientologists - to the "SPs"), one plays at being a VICTIM.

Scientologists are continually being victimized by the SPs, ANTI-SCIENTOLOGISTS, BIGOTS, the HATERS, the BASHERS, the NATTERERS, the ANTI-RELIGIOUS HATERS AND BIGOTS who "attack their "Scientology religion."

The details of this sort of thing can be found in Scientology's (mostly, but not entirely, non-confidential) PR Tech (and beware, the PR Tech is deceptively multi-layered, as is Scientology over-all), its (mostly confidential) Propaganda Tech (works along with PR Tech), and its (almost entirely confidential) covert "Intelligence Tech."

Bits of these usually confidential instructions by Scientology's founder can be found in Scientology's founder's writings and lectures, and these filter (or flow) down to the Scientologists, and shape their thinking.

Scientologists love to play at being the victim if it's seen as being an advantageous ploy or trick or gimmick or angle (all terms used by the spiritual leader of the Scientologists, L. Ron Hubbard).

Scientology is a secretive subject, and one of the traits of a Scientologist is to be influenced by Scientology in ways he/she does not fully understand. So, a Scientologist will sometimes "play the victim card" against a "wog" or "basher" or "SP" without being fully aware of the LRH source material upon which these actions are based.

One of the reasons why it's so awkward to talk about Scientology with a Scientologist is that Scientologists don't fully know what Scientology is. The Scientologist doesn't know the full contents of the secretive subject to which he/she has given his/her allegiance, and has opened wide his/her mind for "Hubbard Guidance."

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . snip . . . Scientologists are continually being victimized by the SPs, ANTI-SCIENTOLOGISTS, BIGOTS, the HATERS, the BASHERS, the NATTERERS, the ANTI-RELIGIOUS HATERS AND BIGOTS who "attack their "Scientology religion."

The details of this sort of thing can be found in Scientology's (mostly, but not entirely, non-confidential) PR Tech (and beware, the PR Tech is deceptively multi-layered, as is Scientology over-all), its (mostly confidential) Propaganda Tech (works along with PR Tech), and its (almost entirely confidential) covert "Intelligence Tech."

Bits of these usually confidential instructions by Scientology's founder can be found in Scientology's founder's writings and lectures, and these filter (or flow) down to the Scientologists, and shape their thinking.

Scientologists love to play at being the victim if it's seen as being an advantageous ploy or trick or gimmick or angle (all terms used by the spiritual leader of the Scientologists, L. Ron Hubbard) . . . snip . . .

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. A bunch of dots have just joined up for me. Cunning little fuckers, aren't they?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Bottom line- if someone says something that doesn't make sense, then criticism of that something can and probably should be posted. Ad homs aren't necessary. They don't add anything to the equation. But if any ad homs are posted, don't be surprised if the subject of said ad homs reacts exactly the way anyone else would react, regardless of whatever their personal ideology may or may not be. It (replying to ad homs) does cause disharmony and derailment of threads but so do all the squabbling, pot shots and ad homs. It's all of a piece and there are better ways to talk with people.

Most of the FreeZoners and Indies out there and probably all the ones posting here are ex CofS and in many cases, had suffered as much as other exes have. Many of them have gone on pickets, helped people who were trying to leave the cult, and so on. That's what really matters.

Sign of Success

Patron with Honors
All this remind me of the old days in Salem, when instead of Internet there were
those kind of "councils of wiser' which tried hard to 'save' people (victims) fallen
in witchcraft, by burning them alive. :nervous::nervous:

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
As long as we're off the subject here for a second:

Nozeno, you've been using that avatar for long enough now that it's actually starting to look cute!

Oh, dear!

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, it's soooo much more than that. In scientology, "victim" is a derogatory word used to denigrate a person for failing to be "at cause".

If, for example, you were to actually complain about a lack of service/understanding/exchange, mistreatment, abuse etc or to intimate that you'd been victimised (english language meaning) in any way the typical scientology-mindset response would be a dismissive, "He/she's being a victim". It is used derogatorily. Scientologists hate being labelled "victim" and have little time for anyone who thinks of him/herself as a victim.

Check out Marty's Blog for examples of this mentality.

Oh crud, I can't remember the name of the tape set--it was orangish-reddish and had an OT symbol perhaps on the front. And in one of the tapes it goes into how a victim is actually trying to be cause by caving the other person in by doing a "poor little me" type thing. The thetan is too wimpy to actually be cause and is in fact, by "being a victim" actually being very evil, as they are trying to covertly destroy the strong being. I don't recall it verbatim, but that damn reference got pulled out all the time if a staff member felt like they were being fucked over in any way. It was damned sick and you had better shut up quickly, as being a victim was considered case on post, and you'd be stuck in lower conditions and then you were in for more scrubbing of toilets or whatever shite they dreamed up this time.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
As long as we're off the subject here for a second:

Nozeno, you've been using that avatar for long enough now that it's actually starting to look cute!

Oh, dear!

Starting?

It takes some people sooooo long to cognite. :whistling: