What's new

What Management??!!

Rae

Patron with Honors
I thought this was an interesting post from http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/ by Rebel008

"At the 2005 Maiden Voyage event, David Miscavige announced that his “Ideal Orgs” would be manned with OT VIIIs. Great idea. Not to nitpick, but as far as I know, OT VIII isn’t an admin training level.

Nonetheless, a friend of mine, an OT VIII, decided to get with the program and join staff at her local org. Her husband had a good job and was willing to support her, so she didn’t have to worry about the low pay/no pay as a Class V Org staff member. Turns out, most of her fellow OT VIIIs at the org were in the same position – women being supported by their husbands so they could devote their time to the org, without pay if needed.

My friend took on the post of Tech Sec, and was enthusiastic about really booming the org’s tech delivery. As a part of her groove-in to the post, she was given a thick stack of programs to study. These were the programs she was supposed to be operating on. As she made her way through literally dozens of programs, she became increasingly dismayed. It was a confusing mishmash of programs, some of them many years old. There were programs to implement the Golden Age of Tech, programs to debug the implementation of the Golden Age of Tech, a program to implement the Solo Course (which her org didn’t deliver), programs for Advanced Orgs (”some of the targets are applicable”) and so on.

She complained to her seniors, and to the A/Tech Aide at the CLO, that this mass of programs was simply confusing and time-wasting. Her time on post was limited, and she wanted to spend that time building up her division, not rotely “complying” to a mass of programs that were out of date, conflicting, and did not directly apply to the situations she was dealing with now, in her org, her division. And she got in trouble. And was told, basically, to shut up and do the programs.

I’m sorry, but anyone who has been in the Sea Org or has dealt with Management knows, this is not the way it’s supposed to go down. LRH worked out the Data Series primarily as a tool for management to use to run orgs. Management is supposed to collect data from that org and evaluate that org. The org is supposed to get tailor-made programs for their unique situations. Management is there to serve the orgs, not vice-versa.

But that isn’t how it was. My friend began to dread visits from the A/Tech Aide. He never offered help or assistance to the org. He was there to demand, demand, demand. He wanted this or that staff member to go full time onto selling Basics. He wanted this or that staff member for the CLO. He wanted this or that staff member to go to Flag for training. He bulldozed sending one young woman, obviously unqualified, for Flag training. She bombed out. And the org was stuck with the bill for her airfare and training – even though they’d objected to sending her.

My friend began to wonder what their “Management payments” to the CLO were paying for. They weren’t providing any real service or help. Yet every week, the payments were demanded and paid.

And there were weekly “Payments to Flag” that went to Int Management. But where was Int Management? For instance, ED International is supposed to have a committee of 12 aides, each one an expert in a different area of management. There are supposed to be international executives in charge of Establishment, Marketing, GI, Books, Audio-Visual, Service, Qual, Field, Div 6 and other areas. They are supposed to be there to act as advisors to the orgs. In theory (that is, as laid out by LRH), orgs are supposed to be able to write to these aides by name, ask questions, and get answers and guidance. But who are these people? Where are they? What are their names? Isn’t it odd that we don’t know their names? Isn’t it odd that we never hear from them?

What has happened to Scientology’s management? Well, if former top executives like Marty Rathbun and others are to be believed, David Miscavige actually removed the top executives of Scientology, in RTC, CMO International, and ED Int’s Int Management Executive Committee, declared them all “Suppressive,” and is keeping them imprisoned in what is called “The Hole” or “The SP Hall” at the Int Base in San Jacinto. And I know you’re saying, “no way, that can’t possibly be true.” No? Well, then, what happened to Management? Where’s Heber Jentsch, Marc Ingber, Norman Starkey, Ray Mithoff, Fran Harris, etc., etc., etc. Yes, some of us do remember specific names from years past. Where are they? Are they still on post?

Why is there no real Scientology management?

Or is our Brave New Scientology supposed to be run as a one-man dictatorship?"

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great post. This has been the scene since at least 1988. And that is the big part of why Scientology is failing.
The whys are all the same and they are not real. Bad PR for Scientology can't be the why now can it!:D

I too know an OTVIII that went to be on staff. I bode the person good luck. Knowing they haven't a clue how fucked up it is.

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Or is our Brave New Scientology supposed to be run as a one-man dictatorship?"

Ther you got it! Right at the end. One dictator who is always right plus a load of SP DB staff members who are always stuffing things up and you have Scientology today!

Spirited

Patron with Honors
who do they answer to?

Great post Rae.
Did DM get the idea that OTV111's would make great ED's because they are supposed to be the most theta and able guys on the planet? or because to get to that level you have to have a big fat beefy wallet or like you say, a partner that has and that takes the attention and PTP off having to earn money to survive and can totally dedicate all your attention to getting the Gross Income up in the org? I'd say the later.
I would love to know where all the execs are?? wonder who CO CLO's have to answer to directly now days? I dont think its guillaume lesevre.:confused2:

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
Welcome to the real world within

That just shows to me how little a clue public Scientologists have about what it is to be a staff member in a Scientology Org.

As a staff member if you want to survive you walk a very thin line. You have to reconcile common sense, LRH Policy and the craze of upper management programs and orders while still attempting to get your actual job done.

You have to know your basics while on staff to be able to do that and even so some day you just end up throwing in the towel. That day you just realize that your efforts have been futile.

Those dedicated OTVIII's won't last long on staff as far as I can see.

Ther you got it! Right at the end. One dictator who is always right plus a load of SP DB staff members who are always stuffing things up and you have Scientology today!

Scientology was always run as a one-man dictatorship and still is, it is still run by L. Ron Hubbard's dysfunctional and abusive policies. I don't understand why people try to pin the blame on Miscavige, he is just being a model Scientologist as designed and programmed by L. Ron Hubbard. David Miscavige is the perfect successor to L. Ron Hubbard, he is just as creepy as Hubbard, and has just as little respect for people stupid enough to fall for the con game of Scieintology as Hubbard.

Rae

Patron with Honors
Great post Rae.
Did DM get the idea that OTV111's would make great ED's because they are supposed to be the most theta and able guys on the planet? or because to get to that level you have to have a big fat beefy wallet or like you say, a partner that has and that takes the attention and PTP off having to earn money to survive and can totally dedicate all your attention to getting the Gross Income up in the org? I'd say the later.
I would love to know where all the execs are?? wonder who CO CLO's have to answer to directly now days? I dont think its guillaume lesevre.:confused2:

Thanks..but I didn't write it..Rebel008 did and you can view other articles here. http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/. However, as an OTVlll myself I can answer your question. First of all, by getting the OTVllls to go on staff and as DM put it at a Maiden Voyage I attended "letting them run with it" you have an automatic built in control factor for management.(DM) These OTVllls on staff are for the vast majority totally untrained and no one is bothering to get them trained. I can verify this first hand. The point is that you put all these OTVllls in exec positions, none of which know admin tech and just give them orders etc and since they don't know any better, these poor guys just do whatever. Of course, the orgs are failing and good staff who are trained are blown off..but who cares? Not DM..he's got all his little robots in place. It's completely insane. Being witness to this insanity drove me around the bend...so when I read the article by Rebel008, it rang completely true.

And yes, the majority of OTVllls that I know on staff have spouses that support them so they can be on staff. Another good trick.

Rae