What Scientology Does When You Picket

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Picketers arrive.

Security called, IMMEDIATELY. They arrive, cameras out,
"Why are you here". :unsure: (Or they just take photos).

You: "We're picketing" keep moving.

They: Snap, Snap, Cameras on. They want you to do this: :fencing:
Don't---keep picketing :)

You: Keep picketing.

They: Call ALL the public AND staff inside, lock all doors,
shut the shades. (NO ONE CAN SEE YOU).

You: Keep picketing.

They (May) Call an "OT" to come try to handle you.

OT arrives: "Hi---what's up? Why are you all here? (Pretends to be friendly,
is recording all that is said, or will go "De Brief" (tell OSA) when done). :bullshit:

You all: We believe in free speech, what's up with your
church that they have to stop free speech, break up
families, and lie about your x-members? (simple,
easy, true).

OT: "WE blah blah blah. Attack on members, attack, did you
know blah blah. (Attacks).

You: Ask nicely: DID YOU JUST HEAR YOURSELF
PUTTING DOWN AN X-MEMBER? WHY? Why
do you all HAVE To do that? Keep picketing, don't
stop moving. Their goal is to distract you from picketing. Keep
your eyes on the ball. Don't worry about them,
they are NOT listening.

The old days of they picketing back ended with the Net.

Have fun, realize if they come out--it's only to try to intimidate you, and
distract you. Call the cops first, too. Get a name of someone, just in case
you need them. Have one person who is picketing give that cop your name,
too, so when you call,
you can say, "This is Amy --I called you earlier, we are picketing
Scientology. They're telling us we are not allowed
to _____. Is that true?"

The other thing to know is that this date is very public now, so there's a
chance they'll try to counter your picket. Example: If they know we're going
to picket an event here,
they call and get a "movie License" and block off the entire street, so you
can't be in front of their orgs.

What we realized is: It doesn't matter! You're not going to get people OUT
Of Scientology, hardly ever with a picket.
But you *Can* educate the others around them. So with that, even if they
have up signs blocking their org...just leave that be. Go to the nearest
Main Street (where ever there is HIGH traffic) and picket *there*. See? That
way you can exercise your Free speech rights, without any of their stupid
ways.

After: Go have something to eat, and celebrate together::thewave:

Good luck :)

--
Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the moonlight~
In Scientology for 30 years, out happily for 7 years!
X-Sea Org, X-Staff, X-OT 7, X-Class 4 auditor, X-OSA Volunteer after 20
years (Mostly in PR)X-Executive Director of SPL to handle media
X-Top Secret OSA Int Internet Mafia, Until I realized what they were really
doing and soon after left C of S forever.
For thinking and speaking my mind, Scientology declared me
a "Suppressive Person" (SP 6 ^Cumulative Cluster :)
& Expelled me from The Church of $cientology :)
Free at LAST!
www.xenu.net (What Scientology Doesn't want you to know)
www.xenutv.com (Excellent videos)
www.torymagoo.org (My writings about Scientology from ARS)
www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm (Top Secret Int Mafia)
or Type in Scientology in Google
(Read, Look, Listen, Make up your ~own~Mind)

[email protected]
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044

"They, who give up essential liberty
to purchase a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin

shader

Patron with Honors
Tory,

Many of the people I have spoken to in the last week who are planning to picket on Sunday 10 are convinced that CoS will trace their identity if they don't wear masks, and that CoS will follow them home to acheive this if necessary.

Everyone is expecting to be photographed, but I don't think that a photo of a first-time protester who was smart enough not to give their name, or park their car nearby where CoS can record the numberplate, is much use to them. Organizers are expecting 30 - 40 people in my area. So they've got their photos, now what does OSA do? Browse everyone on myspace?

Perhaps in cities where the CoS has big orgs and tame police (LA, Clearwater, Riverside) they may be able to track you down, but not elsewhere.

I'm not planning to wear a mask.

It would be helpful to have your opinion as an experienced picketer.

Thanks

The masks are symbolic that when having to deal with CoS you have you hide your identity.

That should be a clear-cut message in itself.

Stop being a newfag, shader.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'm not a fan of masks as I think they look threatening.

Sunglases, hats, even face paint (it worked for KISS) can be used to disguise yourself.

I don't plan on wearing a mask. The CoS know who I am already.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are 2 sides of view on this. Both I am suggesting you all stay anonymous.

1) Wear a mask: It's VERY Anonymous...it WILL freak people out----it's your choice. I personally think masks scare people, and they decrease your PR,
which if you don't care---there ya go. It's up to you. Also, it's easier for Scientology to play the "They are scarring us" card---and IF you have on masks, they may call the cops---who *may* say you have to take them off, or leave. I can't say, but I try to do things so I win. Certainly in bigger cities they often have stricter rules, esp here in LA, due to gang activities. Hell, here in LA, they've been known to route all the gang kids down 2 streets and back onto the freeway: BYE! No other choice. I was amazed. So think about that, too, re where you shall be. So my suggestion is:

2) Wear a different disguise. There are *tons* of ways to totally disguise yourself, that aren't scary. Wear a hat, sunglasses and if you want, a wig.
Wear a cape or different sized clothes to fool them. Wear face paint, put your hair up and add a mustache. Literally--there are tons of ways, and it's not like they'll have much, if any time to look at you. I have a feeling Scientology will be doing one thing on the 10th: HIDING INSIDE THEIR BUILDINGS. One time in Clearwater,Florida one girl and I stood outside the Ft. Harrison Hotel---20 stories high. We each had 2 signs: "Scientology, STOP HURTING FAMILIES". Suddenly floor by floor the curtains were closed down. 20, 19, 18, 17, 16 etc. Floor by floor and it's a HUGE hotel. Finally, buses pulled up---ALL the people got on buses and they drove off. I looked at her and said, "DO YOU REALIZE WE ARE 2 WOMEN AND WE JUST SHUT DOWN THE FT. HARRISON HOTEL???" Amazing, but true. I doubt they'll do that any more---they haven't since back then. But I wouldn't put it past them to have almost no one at their orgs that day, either.

We've all be talking about their usual antics, and they like to be different--
so my guess is they won't snap photos, they won't come out---they'll send out a few security--and possibly call the cops. The rest, I doubt they'll do, as they KNOW the EYES of many are on THEM. That's my thoughts.

I too will be as I am, they know me and I know them. I'm 99% sure that
rather than send anyone out, Scientology will be hiding in their buildings, as they have the last few pickets we've had. Not only don't they want their members to hear anything or see it----they don't want the world to SEE their usual obnoxious actions.:omg:

Have fun, hope that helps some :)

Tory/Magoo~~

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
One time in Clearwater,Florida one girl and I stood outside the Ft. Harrison Hotel---20 stories high. We each had 2 signs: "Scientology, STOP HURTING FAMILIES". Suddenly floor by floor the curtains were closed down. 20, 19, 18, 17, 16 etc. Floor by floor and it's a HUGE hotel. Finally, buses pulled up---ALL the people got on buses and they drove off. I looked at her and said, "DO YOU REALIZE WE ARE 2 WOMEN AND WE JUST SHUT DOWN THE FT. HARRISON HOTEL???" Amazing, but true.

Isn't that just incredible? Not even a Xenu sign, too.

I remember once at the HGB there was someone with a sign outside the front and it was time to go home at night. So we all left out the back (Ivar) door. I thought it was ridiculous that 500 Sea Org members supposed to be up to running the planet were being the effect of one or two unarmed people who weren't even being violent.

Talk about AT CAUSE. :)

Paul

hartley

Patron with Honors
Many of the people I have spoken to in the last week who are planning to picket on Sunday 10 are convinced that CoS will trace their identity if they don't wear masks, and that CoS will follow them home to acheive this if necessary.

Hubbard said that if there is a problem the source of it must be found before it can be resolved. It's called the 'WHO'. Also, all people who criticize Scientology have hidden crimes, child rapists or something. If there is a group of protesters, it is their leader who is the WHO. There IS a leader, Hubbard said so.

In Central files, Los Angeles they have a folder, card whatever for each picketer with a photo, name and any details. With this they try to establish connections, as in 'Tory Christman, known associate of Nazi sympathiser Arnie Lerma and racist David Touretsky'.

No, they are unlikely to follow or track first time protesters, that pretty much died down as more protesters appeared. They know most of us are just PTS, people corrupted and misled by the WHO.

/points at self. 10 years a Suppressive Person, never harassed in any way by the happy fun cult.

An exception is anything that DM will want a direct report on, eg TV journalists, pickets outside Gold Base or ASOs. They are still Fair Game and the private dicks may be called out.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks op, copied to central command

Glad to help. I saw this over at central command.
Question: So when you copy something, don't you ever post who wrote
it? Just curious--that way IF people have questions, they could write to the person. Just a thought---:)

The picket is coming, OSA::: tick tock, tick tock.....:omg:

Tory/Magoo~~