What's new

What should OSA do?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
It might be nice to have a thread to help advise OSA how they can go about leaving.

We've had rumours about senior people in Scientology who want out. What is our best advice for them at this point?

People in Dundas can go to Parramatta police station and the police there know how to help them get started. In the USA, there used to be a number 1800 EXSEAORG. I'm not sure if this is still working.

There are organisations we know of that can help people but I'm not sure if we can say the names if them on these boards. One of these organisations is international so every OSA person should be able to access it.

Also, I think it wouldn't hurt for OSA to take some documents or evidence which would be useful to FBI, police or even just as leverage to keep Scientology off their backs or to get paid out.

Perhaps we can list some of the things that OSA might be able to collect such as:
- audio of David Miscavige verbally or physically abusing people.
- written orders either paper or email that request people be put on the RPF.
- footage of people on the RPF running or having to salute people.
- footage of or written orders to get people to clean dumpsters with a toothbrush.
- written orders to transfer money including the amount transferred, the date and both account numbers.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Sindy

Crusader
This may not be the fashionable thing to say but frankly I don't think anyone should get paid out in that way -- especially anyone from OSA, ever.

Secondly, I also think that of all the staff that would be the most equipped to leave it would be many of the OSA staff. They are the ones who know the score and make the conscious decision to stay. They're reading the blogs, going out and commenting in the cult's defense, etc. so they would know who to contact for help -- where they could go -- more than some of the others trapped inside. OSA -- they're the enforcers. Having said that, I think they may be the least likely to leave. They've already spilled blood with the devil.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sworn testimony of any questionable event would be great, since it's unlikely they could get pictures taken.

For instance, any OSA operative who was ordered to threaten bodily harm to an Ex/enemy, or who actually did so. They could swear out a statement saying what they were ordered to do, or what they actually did. For instance, the guy who put LSD in an enemy's toothpaste years ago (which Mike McClaughry told us about.) Maybe they could give testimony in exchange for immunity?

These are the types of people we need to hear from. Having to salute someone or having to clean a toilet is not gonna do it. It would need to be ABUSE and ILLEGAL activities. Like fabricated evidence against an enemy, or destroyed evidence, or committing any illegal act. Slashing tires, poisoning pets, blackmail, framing, beatings, murder, attempted murder, etc.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just off the top of my head..

Evidence of ILLEGAL acts is #!, but I would strongly advise against taking property which is not theirs.

But photographic/audiographic evidence taken with their own cameras, as in the case of John Brousseau's pictures of the work he and others did for Tom Cruise...WOW!

Even if it's just their current knowledge of the "clampdown" it's valuable.

Observe, Plan, and Act.

And GTFO!

They know people like Scooter, Karen, Mike, Chris, Tony, Tory, and others will advise them well. Smurf, too!

A sudden case of "appendicitis" with some good TR-L should land one in a hospital, where law enforcement could easily be contacted.

Mark Headley wrote the book on this.

They're smart and devious. They can figure it out.

Sometimes an email to the right person is all it takes.

Keep in mind, though, that OSA loves doing reverse ops.

Last edited:

IVisitor

Patron
I figure that if enough of them would wake up to the lies, their strength and their unity at the same time,
OSA or others, they could simply take over the unit as a force for good:

No more abuses, no more attacking others, no more disconnection,
genuinely helping their comrades and fellow man, honesty and love.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

No more need to run away, you could take your time to walk away, when you've organized your trip,
perhaps be driven to the airport by you comrades...
as they would now be your friends, you could perhaps some day return to visit them...

You may say that's bullshit, that's nonsense, it could not work that way,
but what exactly would be the reason, it would not work?

Is there some invincible evil power embedded in the walls of the buildings?

Do you suppose DM could single-handedly overwhelm all of them [by force]?

If the key factors do become obvious, it should become possible to find usable solutions.

I admit, that I do not completely understand the involved mechanisms - yet.
Perhaps there are secret methods or even artifacts like zepters ;-), to wield power over others.(?)
Pointing guns at people would have it's limitations, right?

There is that quote by Voltaire:
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
That may point in the right direction, but probably there is more to learn!

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
From all that's been said and all that's been written, those who are still in are just as afraid and confused as all of you were when you were in. To expect anyone to be "gathering evidence" as they exit seems to me to be a far stretch. While I agree it would be valuable, I think it is unlikely it will happen.

The people I think I feel the most sorry for are the young, foreign born folks we see on the videos. How terribly, terribly frightened they must be. In a strange country and in a nightmare existence. No money, no passport. No nothing. Do all of these people even speak English?

Sindy

Crusader
I figure that if enough of them would wake up to the lies, their strength and their unity at the same time,
OSA or others, they could simply take over the unit as a force for good:

No more abuses, no more attacking others, no more disconnection,
genuinely helping their comrades and fellow man, honesty and love.

No more need to run away, you could take your time to walk away, when you've organized your trip,
perhaps be driven to the airport by you comrades...
as they would now be your friends, you could perhaps some day return to visit them...

Is there some invincible evil power embedded in the walls of the buildings?

Do you suppose DM could single-handedly overwhelm all of them [by force]?

If the key factors do become obvious, it should become possible to find usable solutions.

I admit, that I do not completely understand the involved mechanisms - yet.
Perhaps there are secret methods or even artifacts like zepters ;-), to wield power over others.(?)
Pointing guns at people would have it's limitations, right?

There is that quote by Voltaire:
That may point in the right direction, but probably there is more to learn!

Right on. Cool. Still...invincible evil power embedded in the walls? No, not really. Embedded in the pages of the books? Yes. Committed to tape, CD? Yes. Implanted in brains? Yes.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Reasons:

The first thing DM did was he cut the communication and authority lines of anyone who could possibly oppose him. Many of the reasonable people bailed around the time of the coup leaving obedient followers.

He restructured the administrative and banking lines to go only through him.

He may be bypassing OSA and other SO people with non-SO lawyers, PIs, security, etc. or has moved the most sensitive operations under non-SO units that only he controls and operations may be highly compartmentalized.

For all we know, if SO personnel refuse an order or try to leave the security people who restrain them could be trained ex-paramilitary non-Scientologists.

He has had 20 years to solidify his control.

At this point I doubt there is any "Leaving" of the higher echelon, the proper word is more likely "Escape". If they have any access to the internet at all they will find the X Community in minutes.

I also doubt the Religious Exemption will be revoked on the question of "Religion" but it might if it can be proven that it is primarily a profit driven enterprise, especially a criminal enterprise.

The best approach is educational. Make it impossible for anyone to not know what happens there. And any time they try their black hat projects document it and make it publicly available. From what I've seen, this has reached a point of no return already. The only way this has been able to continue so long is the pool of new recruits and raw public had little alternative information - but that is histoire ancienne.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
This may not be the fashionable thing to say but frankly I don't think anyone should get paid out in that way -- especially anyone from OSA, ever.

Secondly, I also think that of all the staff that would be the most equipped to leave it would be many of the OSA staff. They are the ones who know the score and make the conscious decision to stay. They're reading the blogs, going out and commenting in the cult's defense, etc. so they would know who to contact for help -- where they could go -- more than some of the others trapped inside. OSA -- they're the enforcers. Having said that, I think they may be the least likely to leave. They've already spilled blood with the devil.

I wasn't in the GO but lived with them for quite a while. I'd see them returning from work and they'd say things like, "It's REALLY rough out there." Looking back, I took this to mean that they found it very difficult to do their jobs in the face of so much resistance, as in logical they-make-sense resistance. Mind you, the cult mindset or personality doesn't allow one the freedom to consider that the very people the GO are fighting are actually correct. Many of these folks are still in after 35 years. I think the GO/OSA guys are more victims of cult mentality than anyone else. These guys MUST individuate from the "wog" world in order to survive mentally. Sindy has a point in that they've spilled blood with the devil. It's like hazing and enforces the us/them personality. Many GO guys felt quite superior to the org staff.

Interesting.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wasn't in the GO but lived with them for quite a while. I'd see them returning from work and they'd say things like, "It's REALLY rough out there." Looking back, I took this to mean that they found it very difficult to do their jobs in the face of so much resistance, as in logical they-make-sense resistance. Mind you, the cult mindset or personality doesn't allow one the freedom to consider that the very people the GO are fighting are actually correct. Many of these folks are still in after 35 years. I think the GO/OSA guys are more victims of cult mentality than anyone else. These guys MUST individuate from the "wog" world in order to survive mentally. Sindy has a point in that they've spilled blood with the devil. It's like hazing and enforces the us/them personality. Many GO guys felt quite superior to the org staff.

Interesting.

"Dishrags". I worked with an exec from Flag and that was his expression for non-SO staff or iffy public on-lines. Just worked its way into the dialogue so naturally I got the impression the lingo was common place on high - though I could be wrong. Even then it took me aback and I'm suspecting those were much more innocent times.

"Spilled blood with the devil".

Yes, I think this works up to a point, (Read: screaming group confessionals....), but unless you really are a dedicated psycho it ultimately has the opposite effect. Basically descent people become self defeating and ineffectual when forced to violate their own moral compass. They may plod along but the effort is demoralized and neurotic. Isn't that what we are seeing? The videos and printed material being generated from OSA is really sad lizard brain level stuff.

Good PR isn't about CYA - its what happens when you do the right thing.

Its time to leave people! Be free, be fweeee!

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
what osa should do, is keep being stupid, keep being the dept that is supposed to fix pr issues that IS THE PR ISSUE!

i expect osa/go to be disbanded and renamed, again, and again, and again...

they're all getting old, life is short... they're going to get old and eventually screw up, they'll be rpf'd or offloaded, replaced by a new generation of morons, we can sit and watch people go from official to former official

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scientology_officials

my question is will the public be surprised by anything new? so much has been leaked and whistleblown I'm not sure anyone will be surprised by anything anymore, they've gone the way of bill clinton's scandal, charlie sheen style #winning, it's a big running joke now

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
They have better access to the real stats than anyone apart from RTC and possibly some in CMO.

So - do a REAL Doubt formula and look at the actual stats of the cult. For real.

The decision is pretty easy once that's done - it's just a case of what dox to bring with them.:yes:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lists of individuals and organizations targeted on OSA programs, both in the PR area, Front groups area, intelligence and fair game targets. Even if recreated from memory, with annotations if willing to out themselves enough as to personal actions, but at the very least some summary of actions carried out.

Of course a lot of this has already been exposed and documented, and becoming moreso, but corroboration and extension of names and details along with dates is also helpful.

I can't help but wonder how many OSA operatives, once they leave a meeting or office off one of their targets realize they are themselves being recorded, and laughed upon.