What's new

What the hell did I get myself into?

So, I've only been in Scientology for a short time - literally like 2 1/2 months to 3. I was beginning to really enjoy it - I had joined staff, made tons of friends. Was considered super theta and making great progress. I guess the first mistake I made was signing the billion year contact, 3 days in to scientology - I was willing to see myself in the Sea Org, but, let me get more training and knowledge of the religion first. Now, I'm basically routed on to the EPF, I've said no multiple times. I have nowhere to hide, the recruiters literally show up everywhere I do. I've been told me saying No is Q & Aing, this is my purpose to help 7.1 billion people. LIKE WTF DID I GET MYSELF INTO? help? How do I escape the recruiters? They know where I live, ect.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So, I've only been in Scientology for a short time - literally like 2 1/2 months to 3. I was beginning to really enjoy it - I had joined staff, made tons of friends. Was considered super theta and making great progress. I guess the first mistake I made was signing the billion year contact, 3 days in to scientology - I was willing to see myself in the Sea Org, but, let me get more training and knowledge of the religion first. Now, I'm basically routed on to the EPF, I've said no multiple times. I have nowhere to hide, the recruiters literally show up everywhere I do. I've been told me saying No is Q & Aing, this is my purpose to help 7.1 billion people. LIKE WTF DID I GET MYSELF INTO? help? How do I escape the recruiters? They know where I live, ect.

What do you mean, you are "routed on to the EPF"? You haven't started on the EPF until you are physically at a Sea Org base, like in LA or Copenhagen. In the meantime you have merely signed a bit of paper. How much trouble you've got yourself into depends on how much you want to remain in good standing with the CofS. The easiest (and safest-all-round) thing to do is tell them to fuck off. The SO contract by itself is not enforceable in law.

Paul
(in the SO for 23 years)

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
So, I've only been in Scientology for a short time - literally like 2 1/2 months to 3. I was beginning to really enjoy it - I had joined staff, made tons of friends. Was considered super theta and making great progress. I guess the first mistake I made was signing the billion year contact, 3 days in to scientology - I was willing to see myself in the Sea Org, but, let me get more training and knowledge of the religion first. Now, I'm basically routed on to the EPF, I've said no multiple times. I have nowhere to hide, the recruiters literally show up everywhere I do. I've been told me saying No is Q & Aing, this is my purpose to help 7.1 billion people. LIKE WTF DID I GET MYSELF INTO? help? How do I escape the recruiters? They know where I live, [highlight]ect[/highlight].
There's yer answer right there. Just tell them you've had ECT six times. You'll be out of there so fast yer feet won't touch the ground!

Edit: Of course you meant '[highlight]etc[/highlight]' a Latin expression that means "and other things", or "and so forth". It is taken directly from the Latin expression, which literally means "and the rest (of such things)" and is a calque of the Greek "καὶ τὰ ἕτερα" (kai ta hetera: "and the other things"; the more usual Greek form is "καὶ τὰ λοιπά" kai ta loipa: "and the remainder"). Et means "and"; cētera means "the rest".

Last edited:
I understand that it isn't inforced by law - trust me this naive fog has lifted after this week of being harassed to join SO. What I mean is I signed all the papers, signed the contract, and my folder was given to the EPF I/C. I have nowhere to hide, they literally will be at my doorstep every day until I go with them. I've tried telling them to fuck off, but being a female in this position - i'm not that intimidating. My standing in the CoS is basically really fucking good. I'm sec cleared for everything up to RTC.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by strativarius

There's yer answer right there. Just tell them you've had ECT six times. You'll be out of there so fast yer feet won't touch the ground!
ECT? (Super new fish still)
I'm sorry, you've lost me there I'm afraid. I never was the sharpest knife in the drawer, so would you kindly explain?

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I understand that it isn't inforced by law - trust me this naive fog has lifted after this week of being harassed to join SO. What I mean is I signed all the papers, signed the contract, and my folder was given to the EPF I/C. I have nowhere to hide, they literally will be at my doorstep every day until I go with them. I've tried telling them to fuck off, but being a female in this position - i'm not that intimidating. My standing in the CoS is basically really fucking good. I'm sec cleared for everything up to RTC.

Maybe you could tell them that you were posting on ESMB and see what happens...

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I have nowhere to hide, they literally will be at my doorstep every day until I go with them. I've tried telling them to fuck off, but being a female in this position - i'm not that intimidating. My standing in the CoS is basically really fucking good. I'm sec cleared for everything up to RTC.

Call the police to get them served an order to leave your property and stop harrassing you.

You won't be no more in good standing with them, they'll leave you alone and believe us it will be a gift of a lifetime to be out of this mindfucking cult, before they dammage you.

Telling them you got ECT will do it - yes for sure - also adding your Psych told you to get away of $cientology.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Resign your staff position, quit scientology, stop going into the org, and then when they come to your door or call you on the phone tell them if they don't stop bothering you that you will call the police and file charges for harassment and stalking. Once you lay down that threat, follow through with giving the local police a courtesy call to inform them of the situation and make sure they make a report of it for future reference (ask for the report number). Then when they bother you go again, report it and contact your local news media via "tip" line or email and tell them you got a story to tell about Scientology coercion, harassment and entrapment.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
What do you mean, you are "routed on to the EPF"? You haven't started on the EPF until you are physically at a Sea Org base, like in LA or Copenhagen. In the meantime you have merely signed a bit of paper. How much trouble you've got yourself into depends on how much you want to remain in good standing with the CofS. The easiest (and safest-all-round) thing to do is tell them to fuck off. The SO contract by itself is not enforceable in law.

Paul
(in the SO for 23 years)
@ DOF: I would assume WDIGMI was told she's assigned to the EPF effective when she does arrive. This is, of course, the standard action.

@ WDIGMI: the EPF is the Sea Org's "basic training", where the process of stripping away individuality and free will is begun. From what I understand, it only gets worse from there. It's supposed to be about helping the world, but the reality is far from that.

If you think you don't want to be in the Sea Org, but do want to do Scientology services, it will be difficult now -- the Sea Org contract is not legally enforceable, but if you hang around there they will keep reminding you that you have made a committment, and keep asking when will you be starting your contract; if they don't bar you from taking services altogether. You could, of course, consider taking services in the Freezone, where they don't have Sea Org contracts.

My overall take is that the price of being allowed to help is just too high.

Helena

EDIT: ECT is Electro-Convulsive Therapy (shock treatment). Psychiatry is Scientology's nemesis; anyone who participates in psychiatric treatment is considered to be not welcome around Scientology. Also, start keeping a log of times they contacted you along with a few details. It will come in handy when speaking to the authorities.

FURTHER EDIT: Corrected gender.

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
Tell them youll join right after your Transvestite sex change operation and get stable on your HIV medicine and when the hallucinations stop from LSD and Electro Shock therapy.

When the recruiters show up have a far away gaze in your eyes and ask them why they keep showing up in your bedroom.

:)

freethinker

Sponsor
You have signed a contract which would have been void if you hadn't accepted services such as sec checks. You wrote your life history and maybe a few pages of OW's. What other service's did you accept without paying?

You need a lawyer.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

You don't have to be intimidating: you just have to say NO and MEAN IT. What if they were asking you if they could assfuck you, and "wouldn't give in"? Would you relent because you got tired of saying no? Believe me, a life in the Sea Org these days -- ESPECIALLY at RTC -- is worse than being assfucked.

If you want to do the intimidation thing, surely you have some male friends or relations who could scare the shit out of them?

The biggest problem as I see it is you wanting to remain in good standing with them. Is that true? If you want to play nice you will end up in the EPF and it will go on being hell for you until you get out of there, months or years later. Then you will be in bad standing AND have tens of thousands in a freeloader debt to pay off: again that's only bad if you want to try and play nice with them. If you don't care what they think you can simply tell them to fuck off, like many people here on ESMB.

Paul

elwood

Patron with Honors
You have signed a contract which would have been void if you hadn't accepted services such as sec checks. You wrote your life history and maybe a few pages of OW's. What other service's did you accept without paying?

You need a lawyer.

No, you don't. The contract is not enforceable. Just tell them to go away or you'll call the cops. Then call the cops. There is no way you can extricate yourself from this and remain in good standing with the cult.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
You don't have to be intimidating: you just have to say NO and MEAN IT. What if they were asking you if they could assfuck you, and "wouldn't give in"? Would you relent because you got tired of saying no? Believe me, a life in the Sea Org these days -- ESPECIALLY at RTC -- is worse than being assfucked.

If you want to do the intimidation thing, surely you have some male friends or relations who could scare the shit out of them?

The biggest problem as I see it is you wanting to remain in good standing with them. Is that true? If you want to play nice you will end up in the EPF and it will go on being hell for you until you get out of there, months or years later. Then you will be in bad standing AND have tens of thousands in a freeloader debt to pay off: again that's only bad if you want to try and play nice with them. If you don't care what they think you can simply tell them to fuck off, like many people here on ESMB.

Paul

With all due respect to Paul, I think you have to do a bit more than just say “No!” and mean it.

If you say “No” then that simply tells the recruiter / registrar / Ethics Officer / whatever, that your Reactive Mind is ‘trying to stop you going free’ or some such crap. It just means that they have to get more forceful in their persuasion. And they will. If they have a ‘hot prospect’ they will not leave you alone.

You will have to get mean and nasty. Fucking mean and nasty. Tell them you are getting advice from the biggest posse of SPs on the planet (us). Mention Mike Rinder, Marty Rathbun, Tony Ortega. Tell them you have been reading about how David Miscavige (call him by his name) likes to beat people up who look at him funny. Tell them about the abuses, the forced abortions, the cruel and unusual punishments. Tell them that L Ron Hubbard was an adulterer, a drug addict, a convicted fraudster (twice!), a bigamist, a liar and a conman. Especially tell them that Hubbard died from the effects of a stroke and spent his last days living in a motorhome, having daily injections of a ‘psych drug’ in his bum. BTW, this isn't made up, it all happened.

You would have to be pretty stupid to get involved with Scientology, without at least doing some serious background-checking. And, if after that, you still wanted to continue with it and even possibly join the Sea Org – well I’m sorry but that isn’t very bright. Yes, I know some people “Just have to find out for themselves / make their own mistakes / etc” and all that crap, but this is serious. People get their lives ruined by Scientology.

I joined the Sea Org about 3 months after I got into Scientology. Big mistake. Back then (’86) we didn’t have on-line forums like ESMB or in fact any readily-accessible source of up-to-date info on Scientology. I had no idea what I was really getting into. It took me 22 years to find out and finally extricate myself. Don’t make the same mistake.

Axiom142

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
They can't make her go in the SO but they do have a valid claim that she received sec checks.

If you have ever been recruited for the SO you would know that you do a life history which means she gave them her life story and everyone she knows.

What do you think the cops will do, arrest the SO people? Scare them so they stop showing up at her door?

No, you don't. The contract is not enforceable. Just tell them to go away or you'll call the cops. Then call the cops. There is no way you can extricate yourself from this and remain in good standing with the cult.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

Go out and get some temporary tattoos and plaster them all over your face, arms, hands. That ought to scare them.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannaokun/temp-tats#.ymZYrO5owp

Get a mask of Marty or Mike Rinder, put that on when they come to visit. This has the same effect as when you turn on the lights and see the cockroaches scatter.

So, move away - change my name and hope to god Co$ doesn't find me?
regarding the free services I got was pretty much

I've had metered interviews asking everything from A-Z; haven't had a very crazy life at all. Only did marijuana and they know I've had no psych treatment per my own beliefs since before Scn.

I'll take ya'lls advice, they're sitting outside the house probably now !

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I repeat, the problem is wanting to remain in good standing with the cult. If you don't care, then it's pretty easy to make yourself ineligible for the SO. Telling them you're posting on ESMB is a good start! Grab a session with PaulsRobot (see signature) and then you will have all sorts of squirrel entanglements they will just HATE.

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
regarding the free services I got was pretty much PTS CS1, Scientology CS1, SRD, GENERAL STAFF HAT, STUDENT HAT, SS1, SS2, VM: Study Tech, and endless amount of books.

I've had metered interviews asking everything from A-Z; haven't had a very crazy life at all. Only did marijuana and they know I've had no psych treatment per my own beliefs since before Scn.

Regarding tattoos my very feminine tattoos are considered 'cute'.

I'll take ya'lls advice, they're sitting outside the house probably now !

Best of luck!