What's new

What the hell did I get myself into?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
If there were a lot of students needing a guinea pig then staff would get auditing,

Oh, I was er... lucky? Alan Gilbertson did my grades, not a student, and I think he did my Power Processing too. I thought he was a great auditor at the time, but he and I used to moonlight together after hours in 'Theatreland' in the west-end of London, and he would turn into a real PITA.

Stratty had the right idea, get a girlfriend whose husband can afford it!
I had no idea that her husband was loaded when she initiated our relationship, although now that I come to think of it, they were both OTVI and had just come back from their honeymoon in some exotic place in the Far East, so I should have known!

Without wishing to bore everyone with this personal stuff, the fact that she was willing to put her relationship with her wealthy husband in jeopardy by having an affair with a penniless auditor is beyond my comprehension looking back on it. And I have to thank her for the most blissful four years of my life, despite being on staff for a part of that time.

Did he ever find out?
About the affair - yes, about the money - I have no idea L4.

Last edited:

elwood

Patron with Honors
Thank you to everyone who did genuinely post their advice - I do have to report that all my attempts at telling them everything that was suggested was surprisingly not enough to get declared. That or they just really want me for some fucking reason. I finally just ran back inside and said leave me alone - of course with them running back after me and me laughing as my apartment complex door slammed close. They've been calling me leaving messages saying that it was the 4th dynamic and 3rd dynamic engram making me say all this stuff. I have 42 missed calls and counting, they were outside all day; eventually got let in and knocked on my door which I ended up texting one of them that I had ran off the back door. Which was ironic I was on the 4th floor of the building for god sakes and they believed it. I most likely will still get visits for the next few days.

Regarding some posts - I may have been in there for only a few short months. However, I'm young and pliable in their eyes - I can learn very quickly and I'm also a firm hand over my Div that I was in when I was on staff (thoroughly routed off and broke my contract). I'm bright and intelligent - just got wrapped up in spiritual enlightenment gone wrong, will probably look into some independent "squirrel" groups if anything. I can hopefully say that I'm officially a ExScn.
Either you like the drama or you think you can be part of the CoS on your terms. It isn't going to happen. Do not engage in dialogue with these people (they are much better at it than you are) and don't think you can play games and get away with it. Now we have seven pages of explanations that you have no legal liabilities and what you need to to do to get rid of the people who are harassing you. Just do it.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Oh, I was er... lucky? Alan Gilbertson did my grades, not a student, and I think he did my Power Processing too. I thought he was a great auditor at the time, but he and I used to moonlight together after hours in 'Theatreland' in the west-end of London, and he would turn into a real PITA.

I had no idea that her husband was loaded when she initiated our relationship, although now that I come to think of it, they were both OTVI and had just come back from their honeymoon in some exotic place in the Far East, so I should have known!

I have no idea L4.

London GO staff did seem to have money, they certainly were able to look down their noses at org staff. Then suddenly their presence seemed to vanish perhaps that was the Snow White effect. They seemed to have good clothes and real factory made cigarettes. Did they endure the Battle of Britain? Did the mayhem effect them at all or did they just sit back and watch it happening thanking Jane Kember for sheltering them. They were very separate from the rest of us, the Battle of Britain must have caused a lot of PR flaps, staff working through many nights, unwashed haggard hungry and stinking from smoking ashtray tobacco.

strativarius

London GO staff did seem to have money, they certainly were able to look down their noses at org staff. Then suddenly their presence seemed to vanish perhaps that was the Snow White effect. They seemed to have good clothes and real factory made cigarettes. Did they endure the Battle of Britain? Did the mayhem effect them at all or did they just sit back and watch it happening thanking Jane Kember for sheltering them. They were very separate from the rest of us, the Battle of Britain must have caused a lot of PR flaps, staff working through many nights, unwashed haggard hungry and stinking from smoking ashtray tobacco.

The person I was referring to was actually a part of the GO staff at Saint Hill, although I didn't know that at the time. At London org, the GO representative was an asthmatic chap called Mike Oram who, as far as I was concerned, seemed quite personable and harmless. Kim Boland's name comes to mind as well, although I'm not too sure if he was GO staff or not.

This 'Battle of Britain' period seems a bit vague to me, but from the descriptions I've read (yours and many others) it was a fucking nightmare. I feel sure I must have missed it. Bruce Glushakow and his wife Anne (nee Quinnell) came onto the scene on a mission at some stage when I was at HSOL, but I don't think that was the BoB.

Battle of Britain or not, I certainly smoked my fair share of ashtray dogends while on staff.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
The person I was referring to was actually a part of the GO staff at Saint Hill, although I didn't know that at the time. At London org, the GO representative was an asthmatic chap called Mike Oram who, as far as I was concerned, seemed quite personable and harmless. Kim Boland's name comes to mind as well, although I'm not too sure if he was GO staff or not.

This 'Battle of Britain' period seems a bit vague to me, but from the descriptions I've read (yours and many others) it was a fucking nightmare. I feel sure I must have missed it. Bruce Glushakow and his wife Anne (nee Quinnell) came onto the scene on a mission at some stage when I was at HSOL, but I don't think that was the BoB.

Battle of Britain or not, I certainly smoked my fair share of ashtray dogends while on staff.

I don't remember Mike but the name does ring a bell, I think his daughter joined Fluck (FLUK) at some point. London didn't get a lot of missions because it was actually doing very well compared to the others. I remember the Glushakows around at Stonelands, though I doubt I would have exchanged a single word with them. Kim Boland's name certainly rings a bell, I don't think he was GO though.

strativarius

I don't remember Mike but the name does ring a bell, I think his daughter joined Fluck (FLUK) at some point.
Ok, I didn't know he had a daughter, in fact I didn't know he was married if that was indeed the case.

London didn't get a lot of missions because it was actually doing very well compared to the others.

Yes, that would explain the huge amount I got paid in wages for being one of the most valuable beings on the planet!

I remember the Glushakows around at Stonelands, though I doubt I would have exchanged a single word with them.
Oh, I exchanged words with them alright, Bruce talked me into joining the SO in May 1974 at Saint Hill.

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
I understand that it isn't inforced by law - trust me this naive fog has lifted after this week of being harassed to join SO. What I mean is I signed all the papers, signed the contract, and my folder was given to the EPF I/C. I have nowhere to hide, they literally will be at my doorstep every day until I go with them. I've tried telling them to fuck off, but being a female in this position - i'm not that intimidating. My standing in the CoS is basically really fucking good. I'm sec cleared for everything up to RTC.

Can I barrow a whole bunch of money from you and never pay you back, please?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you to everyone who did genuinely post their advice - I do have to report that all my attempts at telling them everything that was suggested was surprisingly not enough to get declared. That or they just really want me for some fucking reason. I finally just ran back inside and said leave me alone - of course with them running back after me and me laughing as my apartment complex door slammed close. They've been calling me leaving messages saying that it was the 4th dynamic and 3rd dynamic engram making me say all this stuff. I have 42 missed calls and counting, they were outside all day; eventually got let in and knocked on my door which I ended up texting one of them that I had ran off the back door. Which was ironic I was on the 4th floor of the building for god sakes and they believed it. I most likely will still get visits for the next few days.

Regarding some posts - I may have been in there for only a few short months. However, I'm young and pliable in their eyes - I can learn very quickly and I'm also a firm hand over my Div that I was in when I was on staff (thoroughly routed off and broke my contract). I'm bright and intelligent - just got wrapped up in spiritual enlightenment gone wrong, will probably look into some independent "squirrel" groups if anything. I can hopefully say that I'm officially a ExScn.

Recruiters are motivated to close the deal - period. They want to find a way to make you qualify even if you don't. Someone else can sort it out after you get in.

The phone calls and texts will never stop. Even if you change your number they will try to find the new one by contacting people you know. You worked on staff so they have your SS#. They can find you. Import a silent ring tone and assign it to their many numbers.

Someone else's abstract concept of a 3rd or 4th Dynamic or little Davey's need for cheap labor is enough in their minds to have you resign yourself to virtual slavery. That worked pretty well on world saving hippies when nukes were going to launch at any moment but I hope we are beyond that now. Even for a regular job we go there and do an interview to find out what the actual job offers. Anyone who is being courted with promises of working at Golden Era Studios or any of their media enterprises should listen to Marc Headley's two interviews below. Keep in mind, they can and will place you where ever they want regardless of what you think you are signing up for. Once you are in, anything goes.

Published on Jul 5, 2014

Marc Headley describes more details of life at Scientology's Gold Base. Even though the wealth is obvious and there are multi-millions available to purchase those slick "Ideal Orgs" the food company Sysco was not paid for weeks so no food was available at INT Base, the Church Headquarters.

Marc Headley: Scientology, Rancid Tacos, and Secret Bases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibE0XIF7ozQ

Published on Apr 21, 2015
Marc Headley discusses Scientology, the internet, and technology with your host Jeffrey Augustine.

Marc Headley on Scientology, the Internet, and Technology and Int Base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=171&v=q6xjlDcpy8Q

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
In all honestly I only paid $350 my whole time with the church. anyways, if they do come today my plan is to call the cops. Battle plan set and done.

The church, especially OSA, prepares for these eventualities at length. They also scheme on how to manipulate people into over reacting in a way that can be used against them. This is one of the reasons they are often seen pointing camcorders and cameras at people. As I suggested previously, you should brief the local police department about the situation in advance so when they get the call at your address the officers can be filled in by the dispatcher before they arrive.

I do not know about now but as a Recruiter I was heavily drilled on Big League Sales Closing Techniques by Les Dane. These are aggressive and very manipulative methods using double teaming, divide and conquer, overriding priorities, flattery, etc. Literally, every trick in the book.

Big League Sales - Book.jpg

You had also mentioned they were high up. That means absolutely nothing unless you are LRH or DM. There are many of us here who can attest that anyone and everyone is either abusing or being abused and they are a flick of a wrist from being sent to the RPF or some other version of Scientology hell. Scapegoating is another well ensconced Sea Org tradition. An LRH favorite passed on to Davey. Give someone an impossible and cruel job and when things go sideways they get tossed under the bus, including your own wife. LRH, DM and Scientology are absolute in their freedom from fault and that leaves everyone else. The list of Exes who have spoken out against the church and the abuses are loaded with people who were "High up".

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17560374/Former-Church-of-Scientology-Members-Who-Have-Spoken-Out

strativarius

<snip>

I do not know about now but as a Recruiter I was heavily drilled on Big League Sales Closing Techniques by Les Dane. These are aggressive and very manipulative methods using double teaming, divide and conquer, overriding priorities, flattery, etc. Literally, every trick in the book.

View attachment 10980
I remember this book well because it was just about the only book used by org staff (the regges all had a copy and were conversant with its techniques) that wasn't written by the Connodore. It used to strike me as odd because I thought Hubbard was a genius and knew everything, and yet here was a book written by an 'outsider' being used in our org, and it stood out like a sore thumb.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
Jeez, what a lot of drama. You don't need to move. You don't need to get a lawyer. You know how many people sign SO contracts and don't arrive? You know how many people join staff and blow a few months later? You aren't some top exec that they are going to hunt down and harass for years. Just stop showing up. You'll get a lot of phone calls and maybe some visits. Threaten legal. You'll be Type C. Start reading them OT III materials, you'll be a squirrel. They don't really care about someone who has only been around a few months. As long as you don't actively attack the church, they'll be happy to just leave you alone. If you got free services, they'll tell you you have a debt. So what. I don't believe that the church has ever sued or taken any legal action in any court to collect such a debt.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jeez, what a lot of drama. You don't need to move. You don't need to get a lawyer. You know how many people sign SO contracts and don't arrive? You know how many people join staff and blow a few months later? You aren't some top exec that they are going to hunt down and harass for years. Just stop showing up. You'll get a lot of phone calls and maybe some visits. Threaten legal. You'll be Type C. Start reading them OT III materials, you'll be a squirrel. They don't really care about someone who has only been around a few months. As long as you don't actively attack the church, they'll be happy to just leave you alone. If you got free services, they'll tell you you have a debt. So what. I don't believe that the church has ever sued or taken any legal action in any court to collect such a debt.

Yes. Up to this point it doesn't look like a lawyer is appropriate simply on the basis of having signed up, but it could develop into something more like stalking or harassment.

All this fuss about creating your own false story to be disqualified is also not necessary. Truth is on your side. What is important are your own convictions and doubts.

Phone, text and junk mail became your destiny the moment they got your contact info, aside from any recruitment issue, but this can provide additional incentive to them for a long time. If you want to make them go away completely then you may have to come out from under the radar and make it openly known that you are opposed to Scientology so they can collect all your files on the SP shelf.

The important thing is that you do not physically arrive and get under their control. At that point your options can become extremely limited.

If you are willing to walk away from Scientology completely then they have no power over you. They are paper tigers who go home to a pitiful existence.

Ask about the $50. a week max. In my day we got nothing to $10. and we worked 120 hour weeks regularly, often longer and often 2-3 days without sleep. Ask about the dorms - how many people will you share a room with, stacked how many bunks high. How many uniforms are they issued and what are you expected to provide for yourself, such as personal hygiene items & birth control. Can you go off base to do your own shopping? No premarital sex or heavy petting. No babies - forced abortions. People go decades without a vacation, they say you can take a Leave of Absence - just need to have upstats and get a replacement to cover your post but it will be impossible for all practical purposes. Ask when they last shared a Christmas with their family or even saw them. Ask about the menu - an appreciation for beans and rice is essential, forget the late night refrigerator raids. Can you have a frig, hot plate or food in your dorm? Medical Insurance, Social Security or retirement contributions? Ask about Fitness Boards and what happens when you get sick or too old to work. I'd love to get feedback on what an SO retirement community looks like. Can you have a car, and have a place to keep it? Do they take the keys, can you afford the insurance and maintenance? Should not have strong aversion to cockroaches and bedbugs. Can you have cell phone, internet, TV? Is mail or phone monitored or censored? Can they transfer or trade you to another org from the one you agreed to work at? Can they post you anywhere for anything regardless of what you think you are going to do? Are the stories about the RPF and The Hole true? Have them demonstrate an SRA. How do you route out if you want to leave, how long do the leave of absence and routing out sec checks take and what happens if you fail? What about all the training and co-auditing staff do up to OT8, ask how long they have been in and where they are on Bridge?

You get the idea........

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Well, it's Wednesday tomorrow which is traditionally the day when staff start to get frantic, so expect more of them at your door.

It isn't that they are specific about you. Once a person is routed to the EPF, all the promises the recruiters made during the course of recruiting a person, will be forgotten. It's called, 'love bombing.' I am sure that you are bright and intelligent, but please don't take the attention you are getting from Sea Org recruiters as a evidence of such. Not that Sea Org recruiters are evil in themselves. I do think that they actually believe the words coming out of their mouth, like the 3D/4D engram comment. All the recruiters I know have drilled this. Other lines to be aware of:

1. Your bank is what is stopping you.
2. Anything you can do in the wog world, you can do in the Sea Org, but with greater purpose.
3. Scientology is expanding which is why the media/psychs/big pharma is attacking us. We need able people like you.
4. There is a limited time to stop the dwindling spiral.

But good on you for being young and smart enough to think for yourself. Scientology makes some amazing claims. I can't remember what thread it was on (Cowboy thread?) where scientology was summarised as a brilliant marketing scheme. People are parting with their money/lives based on false promises. There are lots of reasons why this works, but suffice to say that there are lots of willing, idealistic people who were sold false dreams.

My advice to you would be to cut your losses, chalk it up as experience and when they come tomorrow (as they will because you're on the BP to arrive Thursday before 2:00), tell them they are harassing you. I don't know what the law in where you live, but find out. If it's more than 2 instances, then record them (also check whether it's lawful for you to record someone else without their permission).

Or just tell them to piss off.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
For God's sake, get us a picture of the Sea Org members on your door step! Make a video where you tell them to go away. This is the age of the internets! Internets demands pics.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious

It would be funny if, when Sea Org members knock on the door, you open the door, hand them an envelope, then close the door. Inside the envelope...

ot3-data-1.gif

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It would be funny if, when Sea Org members knock on the door, you open the door, hand them an envelope, then close the door. Inside the envelope...

View attachment 10982

It would be funny, except they wouldn't let her close the door, once opened.

Unless she had a big guy with a baseball bat standing behind her to discourage any such thoughts.

Then again, she's only been in for a few months. You would think she would have some non-Scientology guy in her recent past who she could talk into hanging out at her place and telling unwelcome visitors to leave. Old boyfriend. Father or other male relative. Somebody.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
In all honestly I only paid $350 my whole time with the church. anyways, if they do come today my plan is to call the cops. Battle plan set and done.

And video the cops showing up and post on ESMB. Now it's done :biggrin:

The cops might benefit from a hatting in Scn harassment if the regges get too out of control.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
I remember this book well because it was just about the only book used by org staff (the regges all had a copy and were conversant with its techniques) that wasn't written by the Connodore. It used to strike me as odd because I thought Hubbard was a genius and knew everything, and yet here was a book written by an 'outsider' being used in our org, and it stood out like a sore thumb.

That's not the only book. The other book Hubbard mentions is contained in the Marketing & PR Series, known as this:

http://www.slideshare.net/Professor...e-battle-for-your-mind-al-ries-and-jack-trout

I've read both. Maybe you have not read the PR & Marketing Series in Management Volumes 0-3?

Scientology is the Battle for the mind thru marketing & PR, AKA Rhetoric, the 3 means of persuasion. oh, and also legal contracts.

a short snip from the book summary:

5. Positioning is not what you do to a product. Positioning is what you do to the mind of the prospect.

I'd say that is brainwashing, if you will. LOL

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's not the only book. The other book Hubbard mentions is contained in the Marketing & PR Series, known as this:

http://www.slideshare.net/Professor...e-battle-for-your-mind-al-ries-and-jack-trout

I've read both. Maybe you have not read the PR & Marketing Series in Management Volumes 0-3?

Scientology is the Battle for the mind thru marketing & PR, AKA Rhetoric, the 3 means of persuasion. oh, and also legal contracts.

a short snip from the book summary:

I'd say that is brainwashing, if you will. LOL

Interesting. It looks like these guys started coming out with books on Positioning in the early 90s but we were required to study LRH policies on Positioning in the 70s so there must be an earlier reference. The use of space ships on their promo may predate positioning policies or R orders but I'm reasonably certain a positioning survey resulted in the Super Power Building and environs being given the namesake of the Islamic Holy of Holies.

That is one of the problems with positioning - it is counter intuitive to originality.