What's new

What the hell did I get myself into?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's a bit late now, but I meant tell the SO people to fuck off.

Paul

Good point Paul.

WTF, under British law (and I asssume it's true in the US as well) anyone who is on someone's property illegally is trespassing and that is a breach of civil law. It should be possible to get an injunction against them to stay away and not contact you again (a solicitor or attorney should be able to draw one up for a nominal fee).

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only way to get the bastards out of your life is to convince them you are far more trouble - insanity - than they want to deal with.

Tell 'em you are gay. Tell 'em you like group sex. ( nothing wrong with either but they are bonkers on any sex ).
Tell 'em you compulsively masturbate. When they show up put you hand on your crotch ( you get the idea )

Now some people have trouble getting the police to show up. Try this. call 911 & tell them " strange people in weird uniforms are in your yard & ( this is KEY ) you are in fear of your life & are arming yourself ".
Drop the phone immediately without sating anything else. You should already be hearing the sirens coming.

Expect cops with weapons drawn as they enter your property.

A milder way is to turn the garden hose on 'em.

Once when they came to the front door unannounced ( and 25 miles from the org ) I just looked at 'em & said " This is my 2D time " & as I was closing the door one asked " What does that mean"? And as I continued to close the door I said " It means we are fucking " & closed & locked the door.

Takes being more outrageous than they are to make 'em go away.

I think WTF has been provided an extensive list of how to blow a Sea Org recruiter's mind tricks.

Lets not forget that OSA specializes in pushing people to do things that can be used against them or to discredit them and documenting this on video, etc. I have the impression that WTF has a good grasp of this particular situation now but for anyone else reading this thread in general, I would advise against the mention of firearms or weapons in any context on a police call unless that was actually the case or there were a legitimate fear of such and the caller was on a firm legal footing.

Responding officers will probably be under an obligation to take extra measures to neutralize the potential use or possession of firearms from all parties and this can result in a search, confiscation, burden or denial of rights to the caller. Further, falsifying an emergency police call in this manner could have other negative repercussion, especially if it caused the officers to over react in a way that puts someone at risk.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think WTF has been provided an extensive list of how to blow a Sea Org recruiter's mind tricks.

Lets not forget that OSA specializes in pushing people to do things that can be used against them or to discredit them and documenting this on video, etc. I have the impression that WTF has a good grasp of this particular situation now but for anyone else reading this thread in general, I would advise against the mention of firearms or weapons in any context on a police call unless that was actually the case or there were a legitimate fear of such and the caller was on a firm legal footing.

Responding officers will probably be under an obligation to take extra measures to neutralize the potential use or possession of firearms from all parties and this can result in a search, confiscation, burden or denial of rights to the caller. Further, falsifying an emergency police call in this manner could have other negative repercussion, especially if it caused the officers to over react in a way that puts someone at risk.

Could it be, then, that confronting them with the OT3 material is the best way forward? The phobia most Scns have of it would work to disperse them (and did in a similar situation, as I said earlier) as well as being comical to anyone who was never "in."

Gib

Crusader
So, I've only been in Scientology for a short time - literally like 2 1/2 months to 3. I was beginning to really enjoy it - I had joined staff, made tons of friends. Was considered super theta and making great progress. I guess the first mistake I made was signing the billion year contact, 3 days in to scientology - I was willing to see myself in the Sea Org, but, let me get more training and knowledge of the religion first. Now, I'm basically routed on to the EPF, I've said no multiple times. I have nowhere to hide, the recruiters literally show up everywhere I do. I've been told me saying No is Q & Aing, this is my purpose to help 7.1 billion people. LIKE WTF DID I GET MYSELF INTO? help? How do I escape the recruiters? They know where I live, ect.

What you got yourself involved with is a crowd, or more specifically a psychological crowd. Not to dissimilar to finding Jesus as the Savior, only in scientology you become, or influenced that L Ron Hubbard was a Savior as well, only retermed Mankinds greatest friend.

Care to clap at a picture of L Ron Hubbard at the end of every course period of the psychological crowd gathering of a crowd in in a so called every org or Church of Scientology gathering known as the Academy, division 4 of the org board of each so called Church of Scientology were you are to learn the very secrets of the universe?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Could it be, then, that confronting them with the OT3 material is the best way forward? The phobia most Scns have of it would work to disperse them (and did in a similar situation, as I said earlier) as well as being comical to anyone who was never "in."

When I was in high school a teacher gave me a piece of raw soapstone. I was reading a lot of Eastern Philosophy at the time and had an interest in Tibetan art which of course has a lot of gargoyle type imagery so I carved the soapstone into something that looked half Mayan, half Tibetan. My teacher was impressed and gave me another, and another and another.

Well, around this same time there were these two older women Jehovah's Witnesses that had developed a habit of waking me up early every Saturday morning. One would give me the spiel while the other world frantically flip through the bible looking for supporting references.

This went on for quite a while until one Saturday morning they woke me from a particularly nice deep sleep and asked me what I believed in? So I said, "Wait here and I'll show you". I went and got the most toothiest gargoyle demon faced carving that I had and showed it to them and said, "This is what I believe in!"

I never saw them again.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was in high school a teacher gave me a piece of raw soapstone. I was reading a lot of Eastern Philosophy at the time and had an interest in Tibetan art which of course has a lot of gargoyle type imagery so I carved the soapstone into something that looked half Mayan, half Tibetan. My teacher was impressed and gave me another, and another and another.

Well, around this same time there were these two older women Jehovah's Witnesses that had developed a habit of waking me up early every Saturday morning. One would give me the spiel while the other world frantically flip through the bible looking for supporting references.

This went on for quite a while until one Saturday morning they woke me from a particularly nice deep sleep and asked me what I believed in? So I said, "Wait here and I'll show you". I went and got the most toothiest gargoyle demon faced carving that I had and showed it to them and said, "This is what I believe in!"

I never saw them again.

I think it was Bill Hicks who said he would tell Mormon missionaries who came to his door "You KNOW your religion is made up, RIGHT?" They would never come back.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
So, I've only been in Scientology for a short time - literally like 2 1/2 months to 3. I was beginning to really enjoy it - I had joined staff, made tons of friends. Was considered super theta and making great progress. I guess the first mistake I made was signing the billion year contact, 3 days in to scientology - I was willing to see myself in the Sea Org, but, let me get more training and knowledge of the religion first. Now, I'm basically routed on to the EPF, I've said no multiple times. I have nowhere to hide, the recruiters literally show up everywhere I do. I've been told me saying No is Q & Aing, this is my purpose to help 7.1 billion people. LIKE WTF DID I GET MYSELF INTO? help? How do I escape the recruiters? They know where I live, ect.

Study all available exits. Cooperate with your captors. At the first moment your feet touch foreign soil, defect.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Call the police to get them served an order to leave your property and stop harrassing you.

You won't be no more in good standing with them, they'll leave you alone and believe us it will be a gift of a lifetime to be out of this mindfucking cult, before they dammage you.

Telling them you got ECT will do it - yes for sure - also adding your Psych told you to get away of $cientology.

Good luck!

Tell them your psychiatrist has started you on Xanax and you're exhausted & trying to adjust to the meds and need to sleep! THEN tell them to fuck off! Praying things are working out ok for you, in all seriousness. They are RUTHLESS in trying to get their hooks deep into you!

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
With all due respect to Paul, I think you have to do a bit more than just say “No!” and mean it.

If you say “No” then that simply tells the recruiter / registrar / Ethics Officer / whatever, that your Reactive Mind is ‘trying to stop you going free’ or some such crap. It just means that they have to get more forceful in their persuasion. And they will. If they have a ‘hot prospect’ they will not leave you alone.

You will have to get mean and nasty. Fucking mean and nasty. Tell them you are getting advice from the biggest posse of SPs on the planet (us). Mention Mike Rinder, Marty Rathbun, Tony Ortega. Tell them you have been reading about how David Miscavige (call him by his name) likes to beat people up who look at him funny. Tell them about the abuses, the forced abortions, the cruel and unusual punishments. Tell them that L Ron Hubbard was an adulterer, a drug addict, a convicted fraudster (twice!), a bigamist, a liar and a conman. Especially tell them that Hubbard died from the effects of a stroke and spent his last days living in a motorhome, having daily injections of a ‘psych drug’ in his bum. BTW, this isn't made up, it all happened.

You would have to be pretty stupid to get involved with Scientology, without at least doing some serious background-checking. And, if after that, you still wanted to continue with it and even possibly join the Sea Org – well I’m sorry but that isn’t very bright. Yes, I know some people “Just have to find out for themselves / make their own mistakes / etc” and all that crap, but this is serious. People get their lives ruined by Scientology.

I joined the Sea Org about 3 months after I got into Scientology. Big mistake. Back then (’86) we didn’t have on-line forums like ESMB or in fact any readily-accessible source of up-to-date info on Scientology. I had no idea what I was really getting into. It took me 22 years to find out and finally extricate myself. Don’t make the same mistake.

Axiom142

Amen to everything you say!

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
They can't make her go in the SO but they do have a valid claim that she received sec checks.

If you have ever been recruited for the SO you would know that you do a life history which means she gave them her life story and everyone she knows.

What do you think the cops will do, arrest the SO people? Scare them so they stop showing up at her door?

You'd probably have to tell the cops you're in fear for your life in order to get them to physically come to your home. How about getting a video camera/phone camera & record them as they're harassing you? Surely if you video that, along with your protests, they will back off??

Third update: I'm officially declared :coolwink: Guess they liked my last package I sent them hehehe I torrented and put on several dvds Going Clear and sent it back w/ some of the letters I received.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Third update: I'm officially declared :coolwink: Guess they liked my last package I sent them hehehe I torrented and put on several dvds Going Clear and sent it back w/ some of the letters I received.

Congratulations! Was it by published/numbered Ethics Order? Did they give you a copy?

I ask because they haven't been in some cases.

Paul

freethinker

Sponsor
Good Job!

If they declared you in writing then hang onto it, it's evidence.

Now you can wander off a the path and smell roses or something like that. :biggrin: