What's new

What to do if you decide to leave Scientology

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> He and one of his scn friends have both recently "waked up" and gone into the familar binge of reading and looking at everything they can get their hands on. Says he's really, really EP'd and totally "keyed out". Nice, huh?

"Nuff said" - let's take a group win.

IMHO we got the correct EP! :coolwink:

Roy
This is GOOD news! - And if you two are reading.. Time to think up a completely irreverent and hilarious nickname and register here.

We like stories from inside Scientology you know! - Enough so, that we unashamedly pressure and badger to make you tell 'em!

:yes:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron

the fact that 3/4 of EXSCN are guest, is a good sign that people are reading this information and seeking ways to find a better life for themselves.

8-8008

Patron with Honors
Nice thread. I am now disconnected from the Church. They did not disconnect from me. I DID IT.:happydance: So I cut the lines with the people I was supposed to be in communication with. This is the reverse flow. One is trying to get data from me "what are you doing", "where are you"..... well get lost I am not telling them.
As mentioned, I am happier, building a new life, making friends. Even some scn friends are in contact with me. They know I am declared but they don't care. So far, 4 ex scn that I found on this site, 3 scn who I found on Facebook and most probably more who are not on line and who don't care.
This is fun. And I am not dying, I don't feel "You are a DB":duh: Those guys don't know what they are talking about. They follow the LRH lines in policies. What a bunch of stupid robots !!!! they are soooo brain washed those staff members and they don't even see it. I know, I was and thought I was on the top of the world when I was not.:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I'm very glad to hear you took the plunge. I'm glad that it's working out well for you, so far. Don't be surprised if you go through some funk, and don't be surprised if it's not all easy. Unlike the Church, I, for one, won't try to put a high gloss to sell you on something that's good for you.

However, you'll have a community of people who did this to talk to. This helped me a lot when I was leaving, although when I was leaving, that community was much less on-line, much less willing to talk or help. Mostly, that community was rabid critics, rather than simply ex-scienos now making their way in the world.

WELCOME back! If you need any help networking or whatever, my email address is [email protected]

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is GOOD news! - And if you two are reading.. Time to think up a completely irreverent and hilarious nickname and register here.

We like stories from inside Scientology you know! - Enough so, that we unashamedly pressure and badger to make you tell 'em!

:yes:

I saw someone recently registered as "Miss Withhold" :hysterical::hysterical:

That's a great one!

Rooster56

Patron
Repayment?

Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this board. I've been attempting for sometime to get a repayment of funds on account. It is beyond frustrating. I'm getting desperate here.

I have been ignored, been lied to, and been avoided. They mentioned a routing form and said I would need to go into the church to do it. However, they have not made arrangements yet.

Has anyone been through this? I assume it involves meeting with ethics. Can you tell me what to expect on this routing form visit?

I just want the money. I have documented everything and have individual letters ready for a local attorney, my congressman, the BBB, the House Ways and Means Committee/Barney Frank, Florida's State Attorney General, and all newspapers and tv stations in the area.

I have not sent these out as I'm really hoping they will just get moving on it. However, I'm desperate as I'm looking at food stamps, eviction, you name it. Any info so that I know what I'm looking at would be helpful.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Use the search feature here. There has been lots of comment on refunds and repayments. Someone may give it to you again, but while you are waiting, search away.

Paul

byte301

Crusader
Hey Rooster,

Welcome to ESMB!

I'd suggest that you not do the routing form. Others here have gotten a refund without doing the form. You have to get rather nasty with them from what I've heard.

I'd also tell them that your next step will be contacting your lawyer, the press, and all the others you've got letters written to. If they still want to dick around then send those letters.

Paul is right. There are several threads here about getting your money back. Just type in refunds or repayments in the search option on top.

Click on this http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12527&highlight=Repayments

smartone

My Own Boss
Nice thread. I am now disconnected from the Church. They did not disconnect from me. I DID IT.:happydance: So I cut the lines with the people I was supposed to be in communication with. This is the reverse flow. One is trying to get data from me "what are you doing", "where are you"..... well get lost I am not telling them.
As mentioned, I am happier, building a new life, making friends. Even some scn friends are in contact with me. They know I am declared but they don't care. So far, 4 ex scn that I found on this site, 3 scn who I found on Facebook and most probably more who are not on line and who don't care.
This is fun. And I am not dying, I don't feel "You are a DB":duh: Those guys don't know what they are talking about. They follow the LRH lines in policies. What a bunch of stupid robots !!!! they are soooo brain washed those staff members and they don't even see it. I know, I was and thought I was on the top of the world when I was not.:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

I disconnected from them too a year ago. I haven't been declared. Just decided I had been suckered into the whole scam and did my own research, decided, then left. I cut all comm lines except for a couple who I keep as spies because I'm nosey :lol:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
TY

5) DO NOT PAY ANY FREELOADER DEBT. This flows power to an organization undeserving of it. You will need your money in your new life. F/L debts don't hold up in court. The debt is not real. You don't owe the Church anything if you've been working for them. .

There is heaps of info on ESMB about getting your money back, especially if you have paid credit to (future) services.

If you have "volunteered" as staff, get legal advice for getting back the WAGES owed to you ! as CofS is required to pay you the minimum wage for the (hundred of) hours you worked for them.

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors
What to do with your folders?

Quite some useful info here in this thread!

A question: what to do with your folders? Pc, Ethics and if you have been on staff/in the SO, Personnel?

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors
A question: what to do with your folders? Pc, Ethics and if you have been on staff/in the SO, Personnel?

Did you leave it in CoS, did they give it to you or to your representative, did they shred it and gave you a statement about that, or what happened?